Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Peake spacewalk 23:11 - Jan 14 with 1374 viewsHighjack

Tomorrow lunchtime. A great moment for British spacey stuff. He better wrap up warm, its bastard freezing out there.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 23:11]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tim Peake spacewalk on 00:22 - Jan 15 with 1343 viewsBanosswan

Was just going to start a thread. Stargazing live is such a good programme, the BBC should do more of it.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tim Peake spacewalk on 09:48 - Jan 15 with 1301 viewsjackportis

Good for him. However Governments should spend more on medical discoveries. I'e cancer cures and mental health diseases. How about lonely people living on own. Who looks after these. While this man chooses to walk on the moon spare a thought and get things in perspective.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 09:56 - Jan 15 with 1291 viewsDarran

We've got a fella here painting the living room so I think I'll sit and watch it dry.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tim Peake spacewalk on 10:29 - Jan 15 with 1272 viewsHighjack

Tim Peake spacewalk on 09:48 - Jan 15 by jackportis

Good for him. However Governments should spend more on medical discoveries. I'e cancer cures and mental health diseases. How about lonely people living on own. Who looks after these. While this man chooses to walk on the moon spare a thought and get things in perspective.

I agree the government should spend more on medical discoveries but that's got absolutely nothing to do with this subject. Neither does a lonely person sitting in their house. Also this man is not going anywhere near the moon so you've had a mare on all sorts of levels.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 11:59 - Jan 15 with 1247 viewsBatterseajack

Tim Peake spacewalk on 09:48 - Jan 15 by jackportis

What makes you think there are no medical discoveries and experiments relating to health happening on the space station?
Tim Peake spacewalk on 12:25 - Jan 15 with 1238 viewsjackportis

Tim Peake spacewalk on 11:59 - Jan 15 by Batterseajack

What makes you think there are no medical discoveries and experiments relating to health happening on the space station?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the medical studies are only in relation to space effects and non transferable to earth. Animal embryos are used but very primitive compared to home. It's great that seedlings will grow with a lot of engineering. But put in perspective I could grow a stack of cress in an eggshell by next week.. You may come back with some data and opinions but my view is what is the point. The only reason we should familiarise ourselves with space is in the event of what to do if an asteroid is on its way. Or we have an issue like on Independence Day.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 12:31 - Jan 15 with 1234 viewsPegojack

Tim Peake spacewalk on 12:25 - Jan 15 by jackportis

Correct me if I'm wrong but the medical studies are only in relation to space effects and non transferable to earth. Animal embryos are used but very primitive compared to home. It's great that seedlings will grow with a lot of engineering. But put in perspective I could grow a stack of cress in an eggshell by next week.. You may come back with some data and opinions but my view is what is the point. The only reason we should familiarise ourselves with space is in the event of what to do if an asteroid is on its way. Or we have an issue like on Independence Day.

Here, here.

I'm sure, in the event of a real life Independence Day, the aliens will hold off and give us time to develop an advanced technological civilization capable of fighting back. Aliens play cricket too, you know.
Tim Peake spacewalk on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 1205 viewsHighjack

There wasn't much of an issue on Independence Day. We won because some mad redneck kamikazed the ships.

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Peake spacewalk on 14:20 - Jan 15 with 1200 viewsBatterseajack

Your very well entitled to an opinion, but it may not necessarily be right. I could chuck some facts your way to counter your opinion but i feel i'll just be wasting my time...
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 14:20]
Tim Peake spacewalk on 16:50 - Jan 15 with 1154 viewsyescomeon

Advances made in the construction, operation and upgrade of the Large Hadron Collider have implications for medicine. You don't know where the next big advance is going to come from and researches often take inspiration from other fields or apply advances to their field, it is usually when big advances are made. Point is all fields need funding. Want to complain about government funding complain about military funding, way more goes into that than goes into research and no f*cking good comes of that.

Upthecity!

Tim Peake spacewalk on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 1146 viewsHighjack

Tim Peake spacewalk on 16:50 - Jan 15 by yescomeon

Advances made in the construction, operation and upgrade of the Large Hadron Collider have implications for medicine. You don't know where the next big advance is going to come from and researches often take inspiration from other fields or apply advances to their field, it is usually when big advances are made. Point is all fields need funding. Want to complain about government funding complain about military funding, way more goes into that than goes into research and no f*cking good comes of that.

That's not strictly true, technology improves exponentially during times of war, in fact they probably wouldn't be up there now in space if it wasn't for the V2 rocket and its contempories. Radar benefitted the airline industry massively etc.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 1143 viewsjackportis

Tim Peake spacewalk on 16:50 - Jan 15 by yescomeon

You are so correct. We waste billions on our military.. We don't have any freedom, we don't have free speech, we allow rouge nations to murder their own and plot against us, we have young men and women dyeing fighting for our freedom...yes we waste billions....not.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:35 - Jan 15 with 1122 viewsyescomeon

Tim Peake spacewalk on 16:59 - Jan 15 by Highjack

That's not strictly true, technology improves exponentially during times of war, in fact they probably wouldn't be up there now in space if it wasn't for the V2 rocket and its contempories. Radar benefitted the airline industry massively etc.

I see your point but in times of war all research is focused towards the war effort if you know what I mean, what did we miss out on by restricting research, not to mention the potential of those who died. I take your point though.

Upthecity!

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:37 - Jan 15 with 1118 viewsyescomeon

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:03 - Jan 15 by jackportis

You are so correct. We waste billions on our military.. We don't have any freedom, we don't have free speech, we allow rouge nations to murder their own and plot against us, we have young men and women dyeing fighting for our freedom...yes we waste billions....not.

Entitled to your opinion but I think it is money pissed up against the wall.

Upthecity!

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:51 - Jan 15 with 1106 viewsMrSwerve

The human race will have to leave Earth one day to survive.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 1092 viewsHighjack

Tim Peake spacewalk on 17:51 - Jan 15 by MrSwerve

The human race will have to leave Earth one day to survive.

According to some theories that's how we got here in the first place.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:39 - Jan 15 with 1074 viewsGlyn1

Are we sending these messages via satellites or are we just shouting really loudly at each other?

Each year we spend much much more on bottled water than we do on space flight.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:47 - Jan 15 with 1067 viewsJackfath

They had to go back in after their walk as one of the space walkers had some condensation in his helmet. When I am out and about on my moped and this happens I open my visor slightly and it soon clears. A tip there for NASA.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:52 - Jan 15 with 1065 viewsyescomeon

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:47 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

They had to go back in after their walk as one of the space walkers had some condensation in his helmet. When I am out and about on my moped and this happens I open my visor slightly and it soon clears. A tip there for NASA.

That's actually really funny for you.

Upthecity!

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:54 - Jan 15 with 1062 viewsJackfath

Tim Peake spacewalk on 18:52 - Jan 15 by yescomeon

That's actually really funny for you.

Never noticed you post before but thanks anyway.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024