Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has referee Bobby Madley..... 08:49 - Mar 3 with 1957 viewsPegojack

redeemed himself in the eyes of the Jacks?

The pundit on the stream I was watching was going apoplectic about Amat 'strangling' Ozil on the lead up to our first goal, completely ignoring the fact Ozil was backing into Amat and actually deliberately falling against him to stop him getting at the ball.

As Danny Murphy said on MOTD, "that was a fifty/fifty situation, certainly not a free kick for me" and I'm glad to say Madley agreed with him and let play continue.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 8:50]
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 08:55 - Mar 3 with 1925 viewsunion_jack

I was astounded that wasn't given as a free kick, but we deserve a bit if luck like that.

99/100 it would have been given because Amat had his arms right around him.

Refereeing decisions going for us at a big ground is a rarity.moets savour it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 08:57 - Mar 3 with 1914 viewsSwansNZ

No.
F*k him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:05 - Mar 3 with 1889 viewsjack247

I thought he was fair to both teams last night. A bit whistle happy maybe, but good overall. Crucially he didn't give the free kick against Amat or a penalty near the end where Routs and Ash half sandwiched Ramsey. I think both were correct decisions but either could have gone against us.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:08 - Mar 3 with 1869 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting that Ash was offside as Siggy delivered the free kick as well.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:18 - Mar 3 with 1837 viewsPegojack

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:08 - Mar 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Interesting that Ash was offside as Siggy delivered the free kick as well.

Very true, but there was such a melee of bodies in there and it happened so quickly, it would have been very hard for the lino to spot.

Also, I think he may have been behind Siggy as he took the free kick, which may also have unsighted him.

For once we got the rub of the green.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 1825 viewsunion_jack

I'm watching the extended highlights now. Actually, I can see Ozil backing in so maybe not so clear cut as I thought when watching the grainy stream last night.

I'll look out for the offside for our second.

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:29 - Mar 3 with 1785 viewsBloodyhills

Over all he has been useless and though he was better last night he has a long way to go before he is redeemed in my eyes.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:56 - Mar 3 with 1714 viewsunion_jack

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:20 - Mar 3 by union_jack

I'm watching the extended highlights now. Actually, I can see Ozil backing in so maybe not so clear cut as I thought when watching the grainy stream last night.

I'll look out for the offside for our second.

Think he was just in line but difficult to see on the replays.

Penalty? Possibly. Seen those given but not for us usually so I'll thank the Lord again.

Login to get fewer ads

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 10:11 - Mar 3 with 1660 viewsSkipTheJack

Ash did look a little offside, but we deserved that bit of luck. Even with the offside and 3 efforts off the woodwork we've certainly got plenty of credit left in the bank after all the bad luck we've had this season.

For me the Ozil/Amat challenge was never a free kick. Amat was tight to him, but not actually holding him. Ozil just threw himself to the ground.

I also didn't think it was a free kick in the second half when Sanchez hit the bar, but overall it was an improved performance from Madley.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:17 - Mar 3 with 1493 viewssherpajacob

Amat's "foul" was no worse than the one on Fab for arsenals 2nd and killer goal at the liberty.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 1435 viewsEasternJack

Luck went our way for a change last night

Ash was offside and Ozil/Amit could easily have been given by the ref.

We've earned this luck over the season - (See Sunderland & Liverpool games)

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:37 - Mar 3 with 1418 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:17 - Mar 3 by sherpajacob

Amat's "foul" was no worse than the one on Fab for arsenals 2nd and killer goal at the liberty.

Add the clear hand ball from Siggy's free kick at the Liberty with the score nil - nil.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 1408 viewskarnataka

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 10:11 - Mar 3 by SkipTheJack

Ash did look a little offside, but we deserved that bit of luck. Even with the offside and 3 efforts off the woodwork we've certainly got plenty of credit left in the bank after all the bad luck we've had this season.

For me the Ozil/Amat challenge was never a free kick. Amat was tight to him, but not actually holding him. Ozil just threw himself to the ground.

I also didn't think it was a free kick in the second half when Sanchez hit the bar, but overall it was an improved performance from Madley.

The amount of credit we've still got in the luck bank from the Sunderland horror show is equivalent to us being due a dodgy penalty in every one of our remaining games this season. Only then will feel vindicated.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:43 - Mar 3 with 1402 viewsjack247

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:41 - Mar 3 by karnataka

The amount of credit we've still got in the luck bank from the Sunderland horror show is equivalent to us being due a dodgy penalty in every one of our remaining games this season. Only then will feel vindicated.

Yep. And as brilliant as last night was, a win over Sunderland would have been more use to us.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 13:47 - Mar 3 with 1392 viewsjackal

No forgiveness from me. It'll take a long time for me to get over the last minutes against Stoke.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 14:08 - Mar 3 with 1341 viewsWarwickHunt

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 09:29 - Mar 3 by Bloodyhills

Over all he has been useless and though he was better last night he has a long way to go before he is redeemed in my eyes.

He's still an incompetent, useless c*nt who shouldn't be anywhere near the PL. Foy too.

No free kick against Amat though.
I hope the Peter Lorre lookalike told Jordi "You're hurting my arm"...
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 14:37 - Mar 3 with 1303 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I thought that generally he was still pretty biased towards Arsenal, just look at the Yellow card count.
The linesmen were pretty poor too.
Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 18:52 - Mar 3 with 1125 viewsunion_jack

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 14:37 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought that generally he was still pretty biased towards Arsenal, just look at the Yellow card count.
The linesmen were pretty poor too.

He made one or two strange decisions but on the whole I think we did ok by him last night.

Has referee Bobby Madley..... on 19:02 - Mar 3 with 1101 viewstomdickharry

Madley from his body language thinks he's god's gift to referees still wouldn't trust him too much, gave Arsenal 2 edge of penalty area free kicks the fouls which they were for they must rehearse in training.Mind you would rather him than Mike (hand signals)Jones who must be the fussiest referee ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024