Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orgreave 12:51 - Jul 22 with 7171 viewsSweyns_Eye

Interesting piece from David Conn.

South Yorkshire constabulary, yet again, don't come out of this very well at all. And allegations of BBC bias, allegations I'd not heard of before in this incident.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/22/orgreave-truth-police-miner

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Orgreave on 13:04 - Jul 22 with 5885 viewsstevethejack

Anything involving South Yorkshire Police stinks:

Orgreave
Hillsborough
Rotherham child abuse situation
Terry Coles RIP

There are almost certainly a lot more
Orgreave on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 5869 viewsdickythorpe

Was it them or the majority of "travelling" reinforcements who waved bank notes at the striking miners?

Dark days for Britain's past that have never really healed and scars slowly being picked at again it seems.
Orgreave on 14:16 - Jul 22 with 5823 viewsjackb

Orgreave on 13:26 - Jul 22 by dickythorpe

Was it them or the majority of "travelling" reinforcements who waved bank notes at the striking miners?

Dark days for Britain's past that have never really healed and scars slowly being picked at again it seems.

Well the corrupt officers who were typing up statements for officers to use were the overriding force so I would say both
Orgreave on 14:25 - Jul 22 with 5817 viewsfather_jack

typical of the 'impartial' bbc to be involved.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Orgreave on 17:44 - Jul 22 with 5737 viewsepaul

Orgreave on 13:26 - Jul 22 by dickythorpe

Was told first hand by a copper in the Met, that they did it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Orgreave on 18:40 - Jul 22 with 5699 viewsScoobyWho

Orgreave on 14:16 - Jul 22 by jackb

Well the corrupt officers who were typing up statements for officers to use were the overriding force so I would say both

Yes, but that didn't happen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Orgreave on 18:42 - Jul 22 with 5698 viewsScoobyWho

Orgreave on 17:44 - Jul 22 by epaul

Was told first hand by a copper in the Met, that they did it

Once again Paul gives a more factual account, backed up with real information, awful behaviour from those people involved.

Orgreave on 21:31 - Jul 22 with 5617 viewssherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2009/03/02/lesley_boulton_o

Many knew at the time the extent of the lies coming from the police and the government, but the Tory and establishment controlled press ensured that Malcolm x famous quote about the oppressed and the oppressors was a reality.

The police knew that the government would back them no.matter what, so can we be surprised now by these revelations, the Hillsborough cover up or systematic child abuse by those in favour with the establishment.

Was 1980s Britain that much different to 1930s Germany?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Orgreave on 22:21 - Jul 22 with 5588 viewsSweyns_Eye

Police behaviour during the strike is well known amongst the (former) mining communities around us. A lot of my uncles and older cousins were miners at the time. Most of the local coppers were sympathetic and managed to keep the peace. Things deteriorated when coppers were bussed in from other areas, who had no connection with the area and were, shall I say, more bullish with their approach to the job in hand. I know from a cousins account to me that police from Essex were particularly reviled.

I also met a copper a few years back who told me that many of his colleagues from forces outside South Wales did very well with their extended overtime payments during their deployment.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

Orgreave on 23:05 - Jul 22 with 5564 viewsScoobyWho

Orgreave on 22:21 - Jul 22 by Sweyns_Eye

Police behaviour during the strike is well known amongst the (former) mining communities around us. A lot of my uncles and older cousins were miners at the time. Most of the local coppers were sympathetic and managed to keep the peace. Things deteriorated when coppers were bussed in from other areas, who had no connection with the area and were, shall I say, more bullish with their approach to the job in hand. I know from a cousins account to me that police from Essex were particularly reviled.

I also met a copper a few years back who told me that many of his colleagues from forces outside South Wales did very well with their extended overtime payments during their deployment.

It's obviously clear to us all that police behaviour was in certain cases appalling, I hated the fckers for years, that was until I made pretty good friends with a local officer and met a few others. One now is a very good friend, and a true jack as well. I think EPaul will back me up here, they don't in most cases fit the stereotype many anti system types portray. And again, I was anti as anyone, but give people some grace. That was thirty years ago, I doubt if any of these people are in the job now and probably a bloody good percentage are dead !

It's best to speak as you find, and as long as people talk about overtime payments again stereotyping today's force very few will move on. I have it on good authority most of the police at football are on what they call a re rostered rest day for no money, thats another stereotype. I can tell you mate, if I can stop hating them, anybody on here can.

I'm not saying you do. But the coppers often get accused of stereotyping etc, by the very people who feel they are being stereotyped.

Orgreave on 23:21 - Jul 22 with 5548 viewslonglostjack

Orgreave on 22:21 - Jul 22 by Sweyns_Eye

I was living in Sheffield at the time and remember that the Greater Manchester police were particularly disliked for their behaviour in the strike there. Came across this article which really sums up the human tragedy of it all. "Where there is discord may we bring harmony" M.Thatcher.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/feb/24/miners-strike-photo-don-mcphee

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Orgreave on 23:49 - Jul 22 with 5528 viewsSweyns_Eye

Orgreave on 23:05 - Jul 22 by ScoobyWho

It's obviously clear to us all that police behaviour was in certain cases appalling, I hated the fckers for years, that was until I made pretty good friends with a local officer and met a few others. One now is a very good friend, and a true jack as well. I think EPaul will back me up here, they don't in most cases fit the stereotype many anti system types portray. And again, I was anti as anyone, but give people some grace. That was thirty years ago, I doubt if any of these people are in the job now and probably a bloody good percentage are dead !

It's best to speak as you find, and as long as people talk about overtime payments again stereotyping today's force very few will move on. I have it on good authority most of the police at football are on what they call a re rostered rest day for no money, thats another stereotype. I can tell you mate, if I can stop hating them, anybody on here can.

I'm not saying you do. But the coppers often get accused of stereotyping etc, by the very people who feel they are being stereotyped.

I agree with you, its best to speak of people as you find them. I believe that there's goodness in everyone, but even so a lot of people (I include myself in this) are capable of decisions and behaviour that they wouldn't normally be comfortable with, especially with external influences.

I've met some decent coppers in my time too and they do a tough job that I couldn't.

Orgreave on 02:06 - Jul 23 with 5492 viewsDull1Thomas

A friend of my brother was a copper and invited us to a SWP do. In the toilets two officers ( and been introduced to them earlier) were comparing notes about their additional pay as travelling 'bobbie'. One was having a luxury holiday with the family the other had his extension planned .. for, and I quote, 'a bit of fun in Yorkshire'.
I left.
Neither were usually uniformed officers.
Some police hated every minute, a lot enjoyed getting their frustration out, all took the overtime.
Known at the time as Maggie's private army the police did not come out of this era with any credit.
Why no inquiry? Why no charges against police (their actions were known at the time)? When your orders are coming from the top you do as you are told.
Thatcher, friend of Raegan (at the time arguably the most dangerous individual on the planet, close friend of one of histories more brutal dictatorship (Pinochet) and mother of Mark 'alleged' arms dealer, coup conspirator and so patriotic his fortune was kept well off shore.
And husband Denis who although fairly normal did consider consider his wife have been "stitched up by bloody BBC poofs and Trots". Nice.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Orgreave on 08:39 - Jul 23 with 5442 viewssherpajacob

Orgreave on 02:06 - Jul 23 by Dull1Thomas

A friend of my brother was a copper and invited us to a SWP do. In the toilets two officers ( and been introduced to them earlier) were comparing notes about their additional pay as travelling 'bobbie'. One was having a luxury holiday with the family the other had his extension planned .. for, and I quote, 'a bit of fun in Yorkshire'.
I left.
Some police hated every minute, a lot enjoyed getting their frustration out, all took the overtime.
Known at the time as Maggie's private army the police did not come out of this era with any credit.
Why no inquiry? Why no charges against police (their actions were known at the time)? When your orders are coming from the top you do as you are told.
Thatcher, friend of Raegan (at the time arguably the most dangerous individual on the planet, close friend of one of histories more brutal dictatorship (Pinochet) and mother of Mark 'alleged' arms dealer, coup conspirator and so patriotic his fortune was kept well off shore.
And husband Denis who although fairly normal did consider consider his wife have been "stitched up by bloody BBC poofs and Trots". Nice.

When talking about Maggie's allies you missed someone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-jimmy-saviles-close-frien

[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 8:48]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Orgreave on 13:45 - Jul 23 with 5385 viewsScoobyWho

Orgreave on 02:06 - Jul 23 by Dull1Thomas

I left.

Your very confused.

Orgreave on 14:11 - Jul 23 with 5374 viewsDull1Thomas

Orgreave on 13:45 - Jul 23 by ScoobyWho

Your very confused.

Too you maybe/
"That was thirty years ago, I doubt if any of these people are in the job now and probably a bloody good percentage are dead ! ' Same could be said for Seville would you like to see him left alone? And should Leon Brittan et al be investigated?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Orgreave on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 5338 viewsjackb

Orgreave on 18:40 - Jul 22 by ScoobyWho

Yes, but that didn't happen.

of course it didn't

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/battle-orgreave-pc-reveals-how-5869291

http://thejusticegap.com/2015/06/orgreave-1984-when-the-south-yorkshire-police-w
Orgreave on 15:57 - Jul 23 with 5331 viewsScoobyWho

Orgreave on 14:11 - Jul 23 by Dull1Thomas

Too you maybe/
"That was thirty years ago, I doubt if any of these people are in the job now and probably a bloody good percentage are dead ! ' Same could be said for Seville would you like to see him left alone? And should Leon Brittan et al be investigated?

Now you leave Spain out of this mate 😂

Orgreave on 15:19 - May 9 with 4721 viewstrampie

SYP have a terrible reputation and as regards the Beeb it's paymasters are the state and they often report accordingly.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 15:21]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Orgreave on 16:08 - May 9 with 4684 views1983

Orgreave on 15:19 - May 9 by trampie

SYP have a terrible reputation and as regards the Beeb it's paymasters are the state and they often report accordingly.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 15:21]

My mates father was arrested and dragged up to Yorkshire accused of being a flying picket causing trouble.Little did they know he was at a wedding in Carmarthen the day he was supposed to be in Yorkshire,the NUM paid for his solicitor and he went to court and produced wedding photos and a written statement from the vicar on the day stating he was there.It was kicked out of court and was never mentioned in any newspaper!

Shame on the lorry drivers scabbing,they wanted everyone to block the roads in 1999/2000 because of diesel/petrol prices being raised

Orgreave on 17:19 - May 9 with 4629 viewsCountyJim

My family are from Blaina and my uncle till he died always maintained that the Army where used on the Picket lines in Police uniform

I have no doubts he was lying its shocking stuff
Orgreave on 17:32 - May 9 with 4610 viewsLohengrin

Orgreave on 17:19 - May 9 by CountyJim

My family are from Blaina and my uncle till he died always maintained that the Army where used on the Picket lines in Police uniform

Complete nonsense too. I was a squaddie in the 80s and if anything of the sort was going on it would have been all over the grapevine. It wasn't.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Orgreave on 17:35 - May 9 with 4608 viewsLohengrin

Orgreave on 21:31 - Jul 22 by sherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2009/03/02/lesley_boulton_o

Many knew at the time the extent of the lies coming from the police and the government, but the Tory and establishment controlled press ensured that Malcolm x famous quote about the oppressed and the oppressors was a reality.

The police knew that the government would back them no.matter what, so can we be surprised now by these revelations, the Hillsborough cover up or systematic child abuse by those in favour with the establishment.

Was 1980s Britain that much different to 1930s Germany?

"Was 1980s Britain that much different to 1930s Germany?"

Hitler would never have put up with Wham!

Orgreave on 17:53 - May 9 with 4580 views1983

Orgreave on 17:19 - May 9 by CountyJim

Bit of an old wives tale but the army being brought in as the police forces were stretched was definitely talked about

Orgreave on 18:43 - May 9 with 4550 viewsLohengrin

Orgreave on 17:53 - May 9 by 1983

Bit of an old wives tale but the army being brought in as the police forces were stretched was definitely talked about

I've no doubt it was. If fuel supplies had run low enough to endanger the National Grid, maybe jeopardising hospital energy supplies, then the Army would have stepped in to ensure the Power Stations were able to function.

Before it got to that stage you would hope that The NUM would have come to some accommodation whereby such an eventuality could not occur. Who knows though? I'd find it inconceivable that a British workingman would see a premature baby unit without power but what goes for decent folk wouldn't necessarily extend to Scargill and his immediate coterie. Marxists have neither the cerebral processes nor the heart that makes for humanity.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024