Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation wage drop clauses 09:22 - Apr 9 with 1025 viewsMrSwerve

I hope that the club had enough foresight to put this into every single player's contract?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:27 - Apr 9 with 1018 viewsjack247

We didn't have the foresight not to spend £15m on a striker that doesn't suit us and hand the reigns to a clueless goon who did rather well in the Norwegian second division.

I hope we did though
Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:28 - Apr 9 with 1016 viewsSmellyplumz

Wonder where siggy will end up

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:30 - Apr 9 with 1002 viewsDarran

It was said by the Yanks in the forum last week that there are relegation clauses in place.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:31 - Apr 9 with 999 viewsSmellyplumz

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:30 - Apr 9 by Darran

It was said by the Yanks in the forum last week that there are relegation clauses in place.

Good I hope the c unts are on a tenner a week next season, not fit to wear the shirt!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:32 - Apr 9 with 995 viewscostalotta

A few years ago when the club was run to the best of the ability of the incumbents these clauses were typical. However, since jenkins wanted to play football manager/DOF, agents have played him each and every time. So no, not for a few years have these clauses been included in deals we've done. Which is bizarre when you think about it, as we've signed for the most part championship quality players for going on 3-4 years, since HJ was found out by laudrup et al.

Back in the day we used to also ensure the cost off the player and wages was ring fenced thus knowing we can cover those costs for the length of the contracts. Of course that stopped too.
Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:34 - Apr 9 with 986 viewsMrSwerve

Thanks

Wonder what the actual numbers are. Obviously varies contract by contract but I'd expect at least a 20% drop?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 949 viewsmagicdaps10

Some of the players won't hang around to see their wage drop. As likely there is a wage drop there will be a relegation clause in their contract.
Some might be ridiculous pending how desperate the club were to get the player to sign.

If we go down then I think you could see a high percentage of the following leaving.
Fabianski
Fernandez
Siggy
Montero
Narsingh
Llorente
Baston
Ki

Certain players like Fer, Olsson and Ayew have pkayed championship football so the hit wont be as hard on their egos.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:43 - Apr 9 with 945 viewsmonmouth

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:34 - Apr 9 by MrSwerve

Thanks

Wonder what the actual numbers are. Obviously varies contract by contract but I'd expect at least a 20% drop?

I thought Phil said on here he thought they weren't?

They certainly won't be for players we had to convince to join us or sign mew contracts like Sigurdsson, Baston, Fabianski and Llorente. Probably neither will Carroll or Olson as they had the whip hand in January. I suppose two or three of those will get themselves off the wage bill, but we'll still have to pay them loyalty bonuses to go if they don't formally request a transfer. I detest footballers and their disgusting money for nothing attitude.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:44 - Apr 9 with 940 viewscostalotta

One or two possibly. The older contracts that is.
Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:48 - Apr 9 with 916 viewsDarran

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:43 - Apr 9 by monmouth

I thought Phil said on here he thought they weren't?

They certainly won't be for players we had to convince to join us or sign mew contracts like Sigurdsson, Baston, Fabianski and Llorente. Probably neither will Carroll or Olson as they had the whip hand in January. I suppose two or three of those will get themselves off the wage bill, but we'll still have to pay them loyalty bonuses to go if they don't formally request a transfer. I detest footballers and their disgusting money for nothing attitude.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:54 - Apr 9 with 895 viewsmonmouth

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:48 - Apr 9 by Darran

Ah, most players.....that probably means all the dross that no one else wants. I would bet that considerably more than half of yesterday's starting and finishing eleven don't, including Cork, Narsingh, Montero, Ayew.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Relegation wage drop clauses on 10:03 - Apr 9 with 864 viewscostalotta

Relegation wage drop clauses on 09:54 - Apr 9 by monmouth

Ah, most players.....that probably means all the dross that no one else wants. I would bet that considerably more than half of yesterday's starting and finishing eleven don't, including Cork, Narsingh, Montero, Ayew.

Exactly.
Relegation wage drop clauses on 10:19 - Apr 9 with 789 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They all have a pay cut if we go down .

All of them .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024