Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update 09:49 - May 2 with 1565 viewsSTID2017

One for the optimists this !!

Burnley 36 -14 40 (, Bournemouth A, West Ham H)
Watford 35 -21 40 ( Everton A, Chelsea A, Man City H)
Crystal Palace 36 -15 38 ( Hull H, Man U A)
Swans 36 -28 35 Sunderland A, West Brom H)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hull 36 -33 34 (C. Palace A, Spurs H)

[Post edited 7 May 2017 8:08]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:02 - May 2 with 1543 viewsLeonWasGod

Well, Leicester are playing Watford so one of them will be out of reach, and they both have a game in hand. Palace are playing Hull, so a Palace win will put them out of reach.

It's all about Hull, it's highly unlikely we'll get anywhere near the others. We could regret the missed chances against Man U - I think we needed to get something out of that game as Hull are on a bit of a roll.

Sunderland are key to all this - will they continue to be poor, or now the pressure's off are they going to turn up and play for some pride. It's not unusual to see relegated teams suddenly pick up a couple of results.

What will be will be...
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:06 - May 2 with 1531 viewsSTID2017

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:02 - May 2 by LeonWasGod

Well, Leicester are playing Watford so one of them will be out of reach, and they both have a game in hand. Palace are playing Hull, so a Palace win will put them out of reach.

It's all about Hull, it's highly unlikely we'll get anywhere near the others. We could regret the missed chances against Man U - I think we needed to get something out of that game as Hull are on a bit of a roll.

Sunderland are key to all this - will they continue to be poor, or now the pressure's off are they going to turn up and play for some pride. It's not unusual to see relegated teams suddenly pick up a couple of results.

What will be will be...

This is why I said one for the optimists.
I can see us winning all three games, whilst for example it's not inconceivable for Watford to lose all four games
Same for several others
So all those teams still have a lot to play for and a lot of those fixtures are against top sides.

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:15 - May 2 with 1415 viewsjack247

Hull and possibly Palace. Forget the rest
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:39 - May 2 with 1366 viewsSTID2017

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:15 - May 2 by jack247

I don't buy that.
Over the past few months, we have played and lost to Watford, West Ham, Hull, as well as playing and beating Burnley, Leicester, Stoke and Palace.
None of those teams are great shakes.
Any one of the five named, as well as Hull and Palace are capable of going on a losing streak and capitulating.
Lot will happen over the next few weeks
**Edit
[Post edited 2 May 2017 12:44]

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:41 - May 2 with 1354 viewsClinton

For me its all about whether we manage to start scoring goals again.
Forget the other teams.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:42 - May 2 with 1351 viewsunion_jack

Everyone saying Hull won't beat Spurs on the last day. Sorry, but Chelsea are not going to slip up with their run-in. Spurs are almost guaranteed second place now. It will be certain well before then. It's at Hull and if they, Hull, need the win, they'll want it far more than Spurs who won't want any injuries to spoil their holidays.

It's The game against Palace that will be the turning point if any. Lose or draw that then 3 wins for us will almost certainly keep us up. Unless they score a shed load against Sunderland or Spurs of course!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:43 - May 2 with 1351 viewshammy

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:39 - May 2 by STID2017

I don't buy that.
Over the past few months, we have played and lost to Watford, West Ham, Hull, as well as playing and beating Burnley, Leicester, Stoke and Palace.
Any one of the five named, as well as Hull and Palace are capable of going on a losing streak and capitulating.
**Edit

Yes, going to be very interesting. Let's hope we can get 3 wins and watch a few of those teams start twitching ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:43 - May 2 with 1351 viewsjack247

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:39 - May 2 by STID2017

I don't buy that.
**Edit

Get down the bookies then
Login to get fewer ads

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:44 - May 2 with 1349 viewsjack247

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:43 - May 2 by hammy

Yes, going to be very interesting. Let's hope we can get 3 wins and watch a few of those teams start twitching ;)

3 wins and I'd be surprised if we didn't finish above Hull
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:48 - May 2 with 1339 viewsSTID2017

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:43 - May 2 by jack247

Get down the bookies then

I didn't say I'm confident that any particular team will go down or stay up.
Just saying that providing we win all our games, any of the other teams named, not just Hull or Palace, could find themselves relegated

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:57 - May 2 with 1307 viewsjack247

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:48 - May 2 by STID2017

I didn't say I'm confident that any particular team will go down or stay up.
Just saying that providing we win all our games, any of the other teams named, not just Hull or Palace, could find themselves relegated

I know. I'm just saying it isn't going to happen
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:59 - May 2 with 1300 viewsLeonWasGod

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:06 - May 2 by STID2017

This is why I said one for the optimists.
I can see us winning all three games, whilst for example it's not inconceivable for Watford to lose all four games
Same for several others
So all those teams still have a lot to play for and a lot of those fixtures are against top sides.

It doesn't matter how much optimism you have, it's mathematically impossible (bar a massive GD swing) for us to catch one of Leicester or Watford. But I'm being pedantic.

Hopefully we will win all three. It's a massive ask as the last time we one 3 on the bounce was in May 2015. But there is hope; we won 3 out of 4 in Jan/Feb, with Man C only breaking the streak. And we're showing the same qualities now that we had in that run. If we play to the best of our recent form, then yep, we can win all three. It needs us to not go to S'land and play like we did against Hull and Watford recently.
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 13:06 - May 2 with 1287 viewsSTID2017

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 12:59 - May 2 by LeonWasGod

It doesn't matter how much optimism you have, it's mathematically impossible (bar a massive GD swing) for us to catch one of Leicester or Watford. But I'm being pedantic.

Hopefully we will win all three. It's a massive ask as the last time we one 3 on the bounce was in May 2015. But there is hope; we won 3 out of 4 in Jan/Feb, with Man C only breaking the streak. And we're showing the same qualities now that we had in that run. If we play to the best of our recent form, then yep, we can win all three. It needs us to not go to S'land and play like we did against Hull and Watford recently.

I know I'm being pedantic and probably the biggest optimist.
However -
Leicester and Watford are both on 40 points.
If one of those loses all their games( obviously immediately ruling out the other) they stay on 40.
We currently have 32 points - if (big if) we win all three games we have 41.
Last time i did maths 41 was a greater number than 40.
So however unlikely any of us may deem it to be, it isn't mathematically impossible.
Keep the faith !!
[Post edited 2 May 2017 13:10]

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Updated 6/5 9.00 a.m. on 09:01 - May 6 with 987 viewsSTID2017

Bump

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 09:10 - May 6 with 957 viewsRevJames

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 13:06 - May 2 by STID2017

I know I'm being pedantic and probably the biggest optimist.
However -
Leicester and Watford are both on 40 points.
If one of those loses all their games( obviously immediately ruling out the other) they stay on 40.
We currently have 32 points - if (big if) we win all three games we have 41.
Last time i did maths 41 was a greater number than 40.
So however unlikely any of us may deem it to be, it isn't mathematically impossible.
Keep the faith !!
[Post edited 2 May 2017 13:10]

Just one more point than Hull or a better goal difference and we can all be happy

No need for anything else - on the pitch anyway.
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:05 - May 6 with 878 viewsElward

Doesn't matter what other teams do. If we don't win it means sod all
Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 11:03 - May 6 with 797 viewsE20Jack

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 10:05 - May 6 by Elward

Doesn't matter what other teams do. If we don't win it means sod all

But if we do win then it is massively important how other teams do.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 11:17 - May 6 with 776 viewsGlyn1

Optimist's view: If we win all 3 matches then we can finish above any team currently on 40 points or less.

Pessimist's view: Today if Hull win and we lose then we're relegated.

I'm switching between these viewpoints every 5 minutes and it's bloody tiring.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 11:19 - May 6 with 764 viewsLoyal

Palace may not win another game.
Two Manchester clubs and Hull to play.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Teams We Can Still Overtake To Stay Up - Update on 08:09 - May 7 with 617 viewsSTID2017

Hopefully next week we'll be in 17th with Palace on 41 points and us on 38 points -

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024