Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 15:07 - Apr 30 with 11540 viewsDarran

Is he coming back to us?
I do hope his mum likes Swansea if he is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Matt Grimes on 15:38 - Apr 30 with 6201 viewsWingstandwood

Worra stupid woman. What about our other (*cough, cough, cough*) golden boy Modau Barrow has he scored a goal yet? Has he showed just a micro-glimpse of some end product? He was rather disrespectful to our fans wasn't he also?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 15:38]

Argus!

Matt Grimes on 15:55 - Apr 30 with 6118 viewsKulusBeatFactory

apparently the leeds fans want shot
Matt Grimes on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 6002 viewsTheFranchise

Matt Grimes on 15:38 - Apr 30 by Wingstandwood

Worra stupid woman. What about our other (*cough, cough, cough*) golden boy Modau Barrow has he scored a goal yet? Has he showed just a micro-glimpse of some end product? He was rather disrespectful to our fans wasn't he also?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 15:38]

Barrow has barely got on the pitch
Matt Grimes on 16:22 - Apr 30 with 5946 viewsLoyal

Mummy's boy ?
What a fcking slapper.

Your boy isn't even league 1.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Matt Grimes on 16:27 - Apr 30 with 5910 viewsSwanjaxs

Matt Grimes on 16:22 - Apr 30 by Loyal

Mummy's boy ?
What a fcking slapper.

Your boy isn't even league 1.

The next Glen Hoddle apparently🖒

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Matt Grimes on 16:39 - Apr 30 with 5834 viewsicecoldjack

It's not rocket science really. If Grimes, Rory Donnelly ,Barrow were any good they would have been snapped up by bigger clubs than us, Liverpool and Everton passed on Donelly and Spurs passed on Grimes .

Why did our scouts think different?

To put this waste of space Grimes into perspective, he cost us more than Wayne Routledge and Scott sinclair never mind half the rest of our squad!

All the money wasted on players like Obeng, who were driving around in Audi R8 ,Grimes,Barrow and countless more must run into at least £10m yet another total waste of money. shameful
Matt Grimes on 16:46 - Apr 30 with 5786 viewsjojaca

Matt Grimes on 16:39 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

It's not rocket science really. If Grimes, Rory Donnelly ,Barrow were any good they would have been snapped up by bigger clubs than us, Liverpool and Everton passed on Donelly and Spurs passed on Grimes .

To put this waste of space Grimes into perspective, he cost us more than Wayne Routledge and Scott sinclair never mind half the rest of our squad!

All the money wasted on players like Obeng, who were driving around in Audi R8 ,Grimes,Barrow and countless more must run into at least £10m yet another total waste of money. shameful

Football transfers are a lottery. Every club has good and bad signings.

Even when you know, you never know?

Matt Grimes on 16:53 - Apr 30 with 5756 viewsPrivate_Partz

On reflection I think we should never have bothered with academies. Much better to have concentrated on a small highly paid squad sourced from up and coming players from the continent. After all a continental style game is what we play and what we aspire to.
True we would have needed a Laudrup or Beilsa type manager for that, and they would need to be on the biggest salary in the clubs employ.
Perhaps it is a formula we should revisit should we be fortunate enough to survive.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 5337 viewsKilkennyjack

Best post of 2017. Well said Ice.

We have wasted millions.
None first team players on £10k a week. Really.

Plus blocking our local kids comng through.
Buying - not coaching.

Yes shameful is the right word.

Beware of the Risen People

Matt Grimes on 21:01 - Apr 30 with 5265 viewsLoyal

No scouts involved, just Huw Jenkins, which is and always will be the problem.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Matt Grimes on 21:07 - Apr 30 with 5217 viewsFlashberryjack

Not only are they sh*t at scouting young talent, they thought Baston was worth £15 million.

They need f*cking with a rag man's trumpet.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Matt Grimes on 21:09 - Apr 30 with 5207 viewsDarran

Just for some balance Fulton and Kingsley are decent.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Matt Grimes on 21:29 - Apr 30 with 5112 viewsmorningstar

Matt Grimes on 21:09 - Apr 30 by Darran

Ermm that's not a balance Dar!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Matt Grimes on 21:48 - Apr 30 with 5050 viewsKilkennyjack

Luv the Dazzler, but in truth only Kingsley is anywhere near regular Premier League level.
Thats about 1 in 30 or 40 brought in players below first team level.

We thought we were billy big bollox - and we wasted £10 million.

Could have worked harder with our local kids instead ?

Lazy tw@ts at the club thinking they were clever feckers.
All signed off by Huwbert.

Beware of the Risen People

Matt Grimes on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 5028 viewsMrSwerve

Thick lower class family+stupid money for a family member to kick a ball of air around+social media at their finger tips = stupid f*cking comments galore...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Matt Grimes on 21:59 - Apr 30 with 4993 viewsFlashberryjack

Decent in the championship ......maybe.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Matt Grimes on 22:13 - Apr 30 with 4948 viewsTheKirkyLife

I agree with other posters in that every club has good and bad transfers. Just look at how Moussa Sissoko was valuated at £30 million in Tottenham's eyes for the worst deal in Summer.

Swansea's biggest problem, rather sadly, was Michu. We found a gem on the cheap and all of a sudden that's the excuse for Big Nose Jenkins' ego to explode and the money to stay in pocket thinking that he was a bargain master.

Let's no get too critical, since Michu we certainly have made some fantastic transfers. As maligned as he was Gomis put in a few good goals; free transfer. Andre Ayew saved us last season; free transfer. Mawson is looking to be the future of ours and potentially England's defence; £5 million Huw Jenkins Special. Olsson/Carroll; yet more Jenkins' Specials. Fabianski; free transfer.

Now you could go on and match that with terrible transfers (need I mention Borja, Tabanou et al) but the point remains that sometimes chances must be taken. The sad case with Matty Grimes is that he should never have been pegged as the next Swansea big find when our first team squad was struggling badly. Money could have been saved and put towards CURRENT talent.

I think the Americans see that at least. I hope they do anyway.
Matt Grimes on 22:17 - Apr 30 with 4936 viewsicecoldjack

Matt Grimes on 20:46 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Best post of 2017. Well said Ice.

We have wasted millions.
None first team players on £10k a week. Really.

Plus blocking our local kids comng through.
Buying - not coaching.

Yes shameful is the right word.

I have to agree with a few comments here, a small highly paid squad with a different approach to youth may well have had a better effect,especially considering the amount of money we pay to players who are cast offs from Man utd, Arsenal etc, they failed there so no reason why they will succeed here.

There are many better informed people than me on this topic but it seems madness to buy in cast offs or players others passed over when south wales has been a traditional hot bed of talent for many years.

We just arn't big enough to have young players on 2 - 10k a week driving around in top of the range sports cars and never played a first team game of football.
Something is seriously wrong for a club like us to do that IMO.
Matt Grimes on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 4912 viewsicecoldjack

Matt Grimes on 16:46 - Apr 30 by jojaca

Football transfers are a lottery. Every club has good and bad signings.

Yes they do, and our remit as a club has always been to minimize risk in such matters, we have taken in under 21 players who have been deemed not good enough elsewhere and pay them a fortune .

Yet how many have got a sniff of action ? the likes of grimes were looked at by top clubs and passed over, why did we then think he would be a fit for us? one look at his short passing game would have told you straight away he was not a good fit.

Like i said many people on here will know far more than me on this subject but like with the rest of the club this part of our thinking has been expensive and calamitous in recent years .

Barrow couldn't get into the Forest team,Blackburn team or Leeds team yet Bob Bradley thought he was a top talent that we were"just scratching the surface with "
Sums us up in all departments, from top to bottom a fookin shambles of late.
Matt Grimes on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 4872 viewsdameedna

Football is a good example of rags to riches

Most industries are nothing like that

Unless you class criminal activities as an industry

It is a good thing not a bad thing

Millions of kids in poverty get to see stars in action and wear the kit

It is what it is
[Post edited 1 May 2017 5:41]
Matt Grimes on 22:38 - Apr 30 with 4827 viewsWingstandwood

Matt Grimes on 22:23 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

Yes they do, and our remit as a club has always been to minimize risk in such matters, we have taken in under 21 players who have been deemed not good enough elsewhere and pay them a fortune .

Yet how many have got a sniff of action ? the likes of grimes were looked at by top clubs and passed over, why did we then think he would be a fit for us? one look at his short passing game would have told you straight away he was not a good fit.

Like i said many people on here will know far more than me on this subject but like with the rest of the club this part of our thinking has been expensive and calamitous in recent years .

Barrow couldn't get into the Forest team,Blackburn team or Leeds team yet Bob Bradley thought he was a top talent that we were"just scratching the surface with "

Barrow is a complete and utter travesty! The guy is an impostor stealing a totally undeserved mega-wage under false pretences i.e. PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER. I bet he would not look out of place if he was playing two divisions below?

I had to put up with years of seeing Kristian O' Leary take the piss by staying at a club/level(s) way beyond his ability and many supporters welcome. I hope I do not see similar with Barrow.

Seriously what other Premier League club would be interested in acquiring his services? What does he offer? What has he ever offered? It's certainly not consistency, assists, crosses or goals!

Argus!

Matt Grimes on 22:40 - Apr 30 with 4816 viewsheadcleaner

they'd be decent if we were still in league 1. Neither are really premier league quality if were being honest. I'd be amazed if Kingsley ever reached half the level of a Ben Davies and fulton wouldn't get near any other premier league first 11 would he?

As this thread is mentioning wastes of money what about Judas Jenkins biggest ever transfer cock up Borja!!! what was that signing really all about? could / should have had allen and change to spare and cheaper wages.
Matt Grimes on 22:43 - Apr 30 with 4805 viewsicecoldjack

Matt Grimes on 22:13 - Apr 30 by TheKirkyLife

I agree with other posters in that every club has good and bad transfers. Just look at how Moussa Sissoko was valuated at £30 million in Tottenham's eyes for the worst deal in Summer.

Swansea's biggest problem, rather sadly, was Michu. We found a gem on the cheap and all of a sudden that's the excuse for Big Nose Jenkins' ego to explode and the money to stay in pocket thinking that he was a bargain master.

Let's no get too critical, since Michu we certainly have made some fantastic transfers. As maligned as he was Gomis put in a few good goals; free transfer. Andre Ayew saved us last season; free transfer. Mawson is looking to be the future of ours and potentially England's defence; £5 million Huw Jenkins Special. Olsson/Carroll; yet more Jenkins' Specials. Fabianski; free transfer.

Now you could go on and match that with terrible transfers (need I mention Borja, Tabanou et al) but the point remains that sometimes chances must be taken. The sad case with Matty Grimes is that he should never have been pegged as the next Swansea big find when our first team squad was struggling badly. Money could have been saved and put towards CURRENT talent.

I think the Americans see that at least. I hope they do anyway.

Good post.

In fairness i think Huw was nowhere near the transfers of Michu,JDG,Pablo,Amat and Chico but thought he could match it.

Free transfers for the likes of Ayew,Gomis and Fabianski were, lets be honest no brainers really.
Even with some of these signings i smell a rat though . Laudrup and Tutu had a long list of players for Huw to sign one summer, he signed hardly any of them but eventually managed to get Bony, it wouldn't surprise me if Gomis and Ayew were on that list .

The rest of the signings really were paint by numbers deals that you or i could have made. Jack cork? yeah , decent, 3m won't let you down. Naughton, Shelvey the return of siggy, a world cup winner in Llorente , not hard really is it ?

The young players is where Huws lower league knowledge should have paid off and that didnt work out either .
Matt Grimes on 23:23 - Apr 30 with 4696 viewsharryhpalmer

Matt Grimes on 22:23 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

Curtis marked Mo's card.

Clement obviously agreed, hence why he went out on loan.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Matt Grimes on 23:25 - Apr 30 with 4693 viewsharryhpalmer

Matt Grimes on 22:43 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

Good post.

In fairness i think Huw was nowhere near the transfers of Michu,JDG,Pablo,Amat and Chico but thought he could match it.

Free transfers for the likes of Ayew,Gomis and Fabianski were, lets be honest no brainers really.
Even with some of these signings i smell a rat though . Laudrup and Tutu had a long list of players for Huw to sign one summer, he signed hardly any of them but eventually managed to get Bony, it wouldn't surprise me if Gomis and Ayew were on that list .

The rest of the signings really were paint by numbers deals that you or i could have made. Jack cork? yeah , decent, 3m won't let you down. Naughton, Shelvey the return of siggy, a world cup winner in Llorente , not hard really is it ?

The young players is where Huws lower league knowledge should have paid off and that didnt work out either .

Gomis was one of Laudrup's targets - and when Jenkins didn't get him, he was not best pleased.

Hence why he didn't pick Bony for a long, long time.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024