Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... 09:25 - Jul 26 with 1828 viewsSS2013

If all the noise is true Gylfi & Llorente will leave over next week. Leaving us around a week to replace.

If we start the season without the both of them and no replacements it's going to be along hard season. Have we not learnt from the Ashley Williams saga ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 09:41 - Jul 26 with 1787 views34dfgdf54

I'm very concerned about what's happening. Admittedly I am a glass half empty kind of guy though.

Just don't think this squad is strong enough, even with Siggy and Llorente.
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 1688 viewssplJack

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 09:41 - Jul 26 by 34dfgdf54

I'm very concerned about what's happening. Admittedly I am a glass half empty kind of guy though.

Just don't think this squad is strong enough, even with Siggy and Llorente.

Considering you have spent the majority of the past 3 seasons convinced that we would be relegated, I would be suprised if you weren't panicking... in July.

I don't think you have glass to fill up...
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 1628 viewsSTID2017

The clock is counting down.
TBH we should either insist that interested clubs put up or else get lost.
We also need to be proactive in signing a couple more players, irrespective of what happens with selling players
That said we have three fixtures between now and the end of the transfer window.
Our season is not going to be dictated by those fixtures, regardless what happens with transfers.
Although getting positive results would be a early boost for confidence

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:42 - Jul 26 with 1599 viewsmonmouth

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:27 - Jul 26 by STID2017

The clock is counting down.
TBH we should either insist that interested clubs put up or else get lost.
We also need to be proactive in signing a couple more players, irrespective of what happens with selling players
That said we have three fixtures between now and the end of the transfer window.
Our season is not going to be dictated by those fixtures, regardless what happens with transfers.
Although getting positive results would be a early boost for confidence

I don't know, I don't think we recovered from that defeat against Hull until Clement came in (admittedly there was the Bobbocaust in there too). But Hull knocked all the air out of us after a good opening day and helped sow the seeds for the stupid american experiment. I really wouldn't want to be losing these first three games in August.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 12:05 - Jul 26 with 1553 views34dfgdf54

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:02 - Jul 26 by splJack

Considering you have spent the majority of the past 3 seasons convinced that we would be relegated, I would be suprised if you weren't panicking... in July.

Not really. I have never stated before a season until last, that we would be relegated. I haven't been happy with how the club has been run since Laudrup left and made that public on here when everyone else still wanted to nosh off Jenkins at every opportunity.

Don't try and make things up on here to score a few bonus points knobhead.
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 12:51 - Jul 26 with 1417 viewspencoedjack

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 11:02 - Jul 26 by splJack

Risca is one of the best posters on here

Being realistic is a crime on here sometimes.

Take them rose tinted specs off or are you really not worried about our current squad ?
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 13:25 - Jul 26 with 1317 viewsLoyal

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 12:51 - Jul 26 by pencoedjack

Risca is one of the best posters on here

Being realistic is a crime on here sometimes.

Take them rose tinted specs off or are you really not worried about our current squad ?

This is the issue, we haven't got a squad that can maintain premier league football without a real fight and more roller coaster rides based on poor decision making and profit making in June and July. Ok, we have done business in August before and this is obviously down to further money saving strategies but it can't work forever.

Clement needs a full compliment of players prior to tours and pre season friendlies. It is blatantly obvious this is what is needed to implement players in to the squad and to relay matchday strategies innto the minds of all.

The real problem was Monks season when we finished high in the table, the club obviously think we can reporoduce this, and for me it's plain to see we can't.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 13:26]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 13:39 - Jul 26 with 1274 viewsGriffting

According to Wales Online we're after a right back, winger and another centre mid. That's before the potential of Gylfi and Fernando leaving. It's all a little bit quiet, though. Mind you, it doesn't help when you see that the likes of Wolves have signed Diogo Jota and Ruben Neves this window.
Login to get fewer ads

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 14:53 - Jul 26 with 1158 viewsGlyn1

Chelsea won't be in any hurry to make an offer before they complete their main dealings, so Llorente will probably be with us for the August matches.

Whereas West Brom last season was almost certainy Syggi's last appearance for us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 15:00 - Jul 26 with 1138 viewsWhiterockin

We should inform Siggy and Llorente to tell their agents to get the deals done by Monday or both are going nowhere.
The Yearly, I'm getting nervous with our transfers / squad depth... on 15:17 - Jul 26 with 1106 viewsSwan91

We are not desperate to sell... Llorente cost us £5mill and even if Chelsea try for 20mill.. if we dont have a replacement then we don't have to sell... its simple as that. Us staying in the league with Llorente's goals is worth more than that... same with Gylfi... if we don't get the right price then we don't need to sell... he has 3 years on his contract and he is not the type of player to refuse to play.

I think under PC if we keep Gylfi and Llorente we will finish about 13th.. I don't understand why people think our team is so bad.. under PC our results were that of a top half side if I remember correctly. We won't lose points because of a bad manager like Bradley.. and we won't change 2 managers and affect our season.

I would be ok if we kept llorente and Gylfi and replaced the other positions that need (montero, barrow out.. winger in.. and a RB) then we will finish 12th or 13th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024