Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonking Boris 20:33 - Jan 19 with 3483 viewsmax936

Wants to build a Bridge across the Channel to France

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-proposes-building-a-bridge-t

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bonking Boris on 20:42 - Jan 19 with 2024 viewsPozuelosSideys

When i first read this story, my instinct was that it was meant to be a bit of a pun, in Johnson logic..

Boris..."hmm, how can i trigger everyone like i did with my comment about giving more money to the NHS than that £350m figure? Oh, i know.. lets build a bridge between us and the European mainland. Yes, a bridge. Building bridges. Build a bridge with our European chums. I like that."

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bonking Boris on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 2010 viewsDr_Winston

From an engineering standpoint it's probably quite straightforward, albeit massively expensive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bonking Boris on 20:52 - Jan 19 with 2002 viewsmax936

Bonking Boris on 20:47 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

From an engineering standpoint it's probably quite straightforward, albeit massively expensive.

With all the weather systems it'll be shut more times than the old seven bridge, the engineering involved in protecting it from that same weather would be enormous as well, plus as you say the cost which would be astronomical.

How many miles apart are the nearest points, I wonder? I haven't read the article so its probably I there.

Bonking Boris on 20:55 - Jan 19 with 1996 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bonking Boris on 20:52 - Jan 19 by max936

With all the weather systems it'll be shut more times than the old seven bridge, the engineering involved in protecting it from that same weather would be enormous as well, plus as you say the cost which would be astronomical.

How many miles apart are the nearest points, I wonder? I haven't read the article so its probably I there.

22 miles

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Bonking Boris on 21:02 - Jan 19 with 1984 viewsDr_Winston

Bonking Boris on 20:52 - Jan 19 by max936

It'd probably have to be a much bigger version of the Oresund Bridge. Physically possible but probably not worth the hassle of building given the alternatives readily available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98resund_Bridge

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bonking Boris on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 1971 viewsmax936

Bonking Boris on 20:55 - Jan 19 by PozuelosSideys

22 miles

Bloody hell, that'll take about 20 yrs to build wouldn't it?

Bonking Boris on 21:07 - Jan 19 with 1970 viewsjack2jack

Meanwhile Prince William has had a haircut which cost £180, mad, mad as a box of frogs.
Bonking Boris on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 1964 viewsFlashberryjack

The French would probably want us to pay for it, employ a French firm to build it, have the toll booths in France, and keep most of the toll money.

And knowing the dopey politicians in this country, they'd probably agree.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Bonking Boris on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 1964 viewsmax936

Bonking Boris on 21:02 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

It'd probably have to be a much bigger version of the Oresund Bridge. Physically possible but probably not worth the hassle of building given the alternatives readily available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98resund_Bridge

Impressive looking bridge that, but a 22 mile crossing is a bigger than a massive project, can't see it being achievable to be honest, the cost would probably be enough to clear all the debt in the World

Bonking Boris on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 1964 viewsdickythorpe

There's a bridge in China that is 24 miles long
Bonking Boris on 21:14 - Jan 19 with 1959 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/19/boris-johnson-channel-bridge-fr
Bonking Boris on 21:15 - Jan 19 with 1958 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bonking Boris on 21:13 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

Ive seen that. Its a fcking amazing piece of engineering.

For all the reasons that this bridge is a bad idea, its still infinitely better than spunking all that cash on HS2.

Bonking Boris on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 1942 viewsNeath_Jack

Bonking Boris on 21:13 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

It's over 100 miles long.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bonking Boris on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 1937 viewsNeath_Jack

Bonking Boris on 21:12 - Jan 19 by max936

Impressive looking bridge that, but a 22 mile crossing is a bigger than a massive project, can't see it being achievable to be honest, the cost would probably be enough to clear all the debt in the World

https://www.livescience.com/34448-worlds-longest-bridge.html

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Bonking Boris on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1918 viewsmax936

Bonking Boris on 21:14 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/19/boris-johnson-channel-bridge-fr

I was forgetting about shipping fuking hell, a complete non-starter in it, Boris's gob opens 10 minutes before his brain kicks into action, buffoonery at its very best and he's one of the biggest in more ways than one.

Bonking Boris on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1914 viewsjack2jack

Bonking Boris on 21:20 - Jan 19 by Neath_Jack

https://www.livescience.com/34448-worlds-longest-bridge.html

$8.5 million for 100 miles of bridge bit cheap init,you wouldn't get fook all in this country for that money!
Bonking Boris on 21:42 - Jan 19 with 1885 viewsmax936

Bonking Boris on 21:31 - Jan 19 by jack2jack

$8.5 million for 100 miles of bridge bit cheap init,you wouldn't get fook all in this country for that money!

I doubt it gets the weather that the channel gets either plus its lower to the water surface which is mostly over rice fields, it won't happen anyway, as someone says in the Guardian article we'll be better off improving our roads enabling traffic to get to the ferry ports quicker and easier than wasting an obscene amount of cash on a bridge that will be closed due to high winds more often than not.

Bonking Boris on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 1883 viewsMrSwerve

If only there was a link that you could take car or train across the channel that doesn't rely on weather...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bonking Boris on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 1883 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He been on about cutting ties with Europe for Years

Now he wants to build a f@cking bridge to unite us

Private education rules ok

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 1880 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bonking Boris on 21:45 - Jan 19 with 1878 viewsNeath_Jack

Bonking Boris on 21:43 - Jan 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Sounds like the Trust

Bonking Boris on 21:50 - Jan 19 with 1863 viewsjack2jack

Bonking Boris on 21:42 - Jan 19 by max936

I doubt it gets the weather that the channel gets either plus its lower to the water surface which is mostly over rice fields, it won't happen anyway, as someone says in the Guardian article we'll be better off improving our roads enabling traffic to get to the ferry ports quicker and easier than wasting an obscene amount of cash on a bridge that will be closed due to high winds more often than not.

Even so Max,for 8.5 big ones you'd be lucky to get a fooking sketch of the thing over here!
Bonking Boris on 21:51 - Jan 19 with 1862 viewsmax936

This bridge is up there with Trumps declaration that says We're gonna build a wall right across the Mexican border to keep the criminals/undesirables and immigrants out, you'll notice that he's blonde to, deliciously bonkers the pair of them, nurse , nurse

Bonking Boris on 21:51 - Jan 19 with 1862 viewsDr_Winston

Has he?

Thought Boris was generally pro-Europe until he realised the career opportunities of throwing in his lot with the Brexiteers.

Bonking Boris on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 1859 viewsJack_Meoff

Bonking Boris on 21:15 - Jan 19 by PozuelosSideys

Ive seen that. Its a fcking amazing piece of engineering.

For all the reasons that this bridge is a bad idea, its still infinitely better than spunking all that cash on HS2.

You're forgetting exactly how much scope there is in HS2 to syphon public money into private hands. Carillion were heavily involved weren't they? We have to get out of the mindset that the UK government give a f*ck about anything else. They're criminals who operate for the benefit of criminals.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024