Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? 09:46 - Feb 24 with 3587 viewsTimBowen

Are there any funny stories about our glorious trip to Wembley and our second fabulous win at 'new Wembley' in less than 21 months, as the Swans collected our 'first major trophy!'

Although for me, being an 'old bugger,' Welsh Cup and Autoglass etc. were just as massive cup wins, waaayyy before that! So it's all relative I suppose?

While today's 'goals' are all about 'survival' to keep the Sky money rolling in...for me watching the Swans is still, yearning for 'glory!' And while I'd give my left testicle for 3 points at Brighton today, having that Wembley win in the memory banks (until dementia sets in anyway) is what inspires us to continue 'punching above our weight!'

Come on you Swans!
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 3489 viewsItchySphincter

I was there in a professional capacity at 0730 and it was fcking freezing. Got my photo taken with the cup which was sitting unguarded in the Royal box and got the whole upper gantry to myself during the game.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 13:56 - Feb 24 with 3373 viewsdickythorpe

Drove up and it got colder and colder as day wore on. Stopped in Membury services and it started lightly snowing. Bumped into 2 mates I haven't seen in years.
Got to my seat, tap on my shoulder , looked round....the same 2 mates I hadn't seen since Membury!!!!
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 14:13 - Feb 24 with 3354 viewsJohnw102

Went up with the Pembrokeshire Jacks, Berkshire County Sports for beers and big breakfast, then Wembley, good day, but game was a bit of an anti climax, never bothered. Loved the Bradford fans celebrating when they got their corner near the end.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 14:32 - Feb 24 with 3323 views1462jack

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:12 - Feb 24 by ItchySphincter

I was there in a professional capacity at 0730 and it was fcking freezing. Got my photo taken with the cup which was sitting unguarded in the Royal box and got the whole upper gantry to myself during the game.

Tidy darts , I had the pleasure of collecting the cup from a Russian gymnast hanging from a balloon and placing it down on its stand ready for the players entrance , some experience that mind
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 07:27 - Feb 25 with 3155 views1983

1st class train tickets up and back and a bottle of bubbly on the way back, Had to sit in over priced club Wembley seats with Bradford fans and loads of boring farts.Flew out to The Maldives a week later

A very expensive month !

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 08:37 - Feb 25 with 3105 viewsFergal

Swans fans singing and dancing along to Five, M People and Liberty X in the Torch will live long in the memory.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 8:55]
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 3065 viewsTheFranchise

That was the coldest i've ever been at a football match, there was a dude sitting in the stand in front of me eating a whole pizza
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 10:21 - Feb 25 with 2979 viewsJonTheJack

Woke up in our hotel and put the TV on to see they were interviewing a couple of the players on the news. Realised we were in the same hotel and got ready and headed downstairs and had a coffee with Curt!
Login to get fewer ads

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 10:47 - Feb 25 with 2954 viewsSwans9

Getting a taxi early to Wembley with my dad from the hotel was a mistake that day. 9am freezing with a thin running jacket on.
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:16 - Feb 25 with 2920 viewsFlashberryjack

Stayed the night before and the night after the game at the Ibis Hotel right next to the stadium.
Got absolutely pissed, can't remember much else, oh! I do remember making a c*nt of myself talking to Ian Walsh & Leighton James.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:17 - Feb 25 with 2924 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was on the pop and crisps express.

Poll: Tory leader

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:19 - Feb 25 with 2919 viewsShonky

I still have the flags they left on our seats on my wall. We won a fking cup. That's still amazing to me. Whatever happens from here the last 15 years have been just incredible.

Its just a ride...

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 11:25 - Feb 25 with 2905 viewssainthelens

Took my boy up on coach that was cold, then being one of first in ground trying to escape the cold, then spending small fortune in their on food n drink trying to get warm. But soon as game started weather didn't matter. Seeing us lift the cup had tears in my eyes.( Not cos it was cold).
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 13:29 - Feb 25 with 2833 viewsEbo

Went up on the Aberdare bus, dranks shite loads of guinness. When we got there I was dying for an almighty piss. Walked around looking for a bog (stadium turnstyles not open yet) and walked into town, found a pizza hut where I saw a load of jacks in the same boat as me with very full bladders.

Best piss of my life. An added bonus is that I spotted someone wearing an old Swans away shirt (the AC Milan black and red striped Le Coq Sportif one) which I very much regret losing back in the day.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 14:02 - Feb 25 with 2801 viewsdickythorpe

My ticket took ages to scan!!! Had a good chat with a Bradford fan on way to car park after game. Fair play they were pretty awesome that day.
What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 00:28 - Feb 26 with 2645 viewsWxmJax

Got in early to have a look around and was showing my son the royal box. A steward comes over to me and asks what I'm doing there and I tell him, pointing below. He says that isn't the royal box, the seats next to us where we're standing are. He asks where we're seating and I point to them.
About 20 minutes in and 2-0 up, there's a tap on my shoulder. The steward says follow me and don't say anything. We end up 3 seats from the royal box with padded seats and hot air blowing above our heads to keep the chill away. Apparently the seats were £475 each. Right next to the steps as the team took the cup.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 07:29 - Feb 26 with 2595 viewswaynekerr55

Parked at the Hive and went across by the Jubilee line. Enjoyed the game then mullered a ruby at the Regency Club, as per the play off final.

What a place, if any of you happen to be in or around Queensbury or any places nearby I strongly recommend it. Sky sports, nice beer, even a dart board 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What were you doing 5 years ago this morning? on 14:55 - Feb 26 with 2462 viewsLord_Bony

Visiting my old man in a hospital in Portugal

At the hotel on the seafront they had an upstairs sports bar...which I had to myself because it was a Sunday and off season. They put the game on for me on a big screen and pretty much catered to all my needs.

A great experience.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024