Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bokke v England 16:46 - Jun 9 with 3148 viewsmoonie

Worra game.

Catch it quick, even egg haters could enjoy.

All action
Bokke v England on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 3115 viewsmoonie

You asleep?

It's great to see a black man captain S A. Someone that would have Eugene Terreblanche turning in his grave

Equality ?

Tell that to a kid born in a South African township to crack addict parents .
Bokke v England on 17:36 - Jun 9 with 3102 viewshobo

There's barely any interest in football friendlies, so you've got no chance with Rugger friendlies
Bokke v England on 17:43 - Jun 9 with 3092 viewsmoonie

Forget friendly. It's awesome entertainment
Bokke v England on 18:04 - Jun 9 with 3065 viewslifelong

Bokke v England on 17:43 - Jun 9 by moonie

Forget friendly. It's awesome entertainment

Entertainment? I’d rather be piercing my scrotum with barbless fishing hooks.
Bokke v England on 18:06 - Jun 9 with 3059 viewsWingstandwood

It's nice to know that flair is on its way back? My late father played for Swansea but lost all enthusiasm for the modern game. His opinion was flair had disappeared, he put some of it down to Grammar schools closing down because the old school sports coach valued individual displays of skill as much as winning. It was ethos.

Onllwyn Brace was labelled unorthodox, Gowerton Grammar made him play that way!

Argus!

Bokke v England on 18:09 - Jun 9 with 3050 viewsmoonie

Well,it's all bout choice Roger. You know freedom, equality .

You re living in a part of Wales of great rugby heritage

Fantastic spectacle
Bokke v England on 18:34 - Jun 9 with 3021 viewslifelong

Bokke v England on 18:09 - Jun 9 by moonie

Well,it's all bout choice Roger. You know freedom, equality .

You re living in a part of Wales of great rugby heritage

Fantastic spectacle

I know all about equality when it comes to rugby. The school I attended had 3 rugby pitches and you had to play it.. you were ridiculed if you played football, baring in mind it was around 1958 when I started secondary education and Wales had reached the quarter finals of the World Cup.
What did a number of schools do then? Virtually ban football when it was an ideal opportunity to promote the game of football and push the nation forward regarding the game.
I’m all for equality and freedom of choice.
Bokke v England on 18:58 - Jun 9 with 2998 viewsProfessor

Sounded good in the radio whilst replacing the toilet seat. Nuts were so rusted had to hacksaw the old one off.
Login to get fewer ads

Bokke v England on 19:58 - Jun 9 with 2956 viewsAmbergambler

Bokke v England on 18:58 - Jun 9 by Professor

Sounded good in the radio whilst replacing the toilet seat. Nuts were so rusted had to hacksaw the old one off.

Hope you had your Marigolds on, Prof!
Bokke v England on 20:05 - Jun 9 with 2947 viewsmax936

Bokke v England on 19:58 - Jun 9 by Ambergambler

Hope you had your Marigolds on, Prof!

Nah he went and enjoyed a finger buffet after finishing

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bokke v England on 20:14 - Jun 9 with 2931 viewstrampie

A terrible standard game, defence was non existent by both teams, the English were well beaten on the day and made the score respectable at the end with a late try much more of this and I can see the English looking at whether or not to keep the coach.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bokke v England on 22:16 - Jun 9 with 2873 viewsdickythorpe

I.see the all.blacks had all the luck against France. Dodgy french sin bin and tries given that shouldn't have been.
Bokke v England on 08:28 - Jun 10 with 2772 viewsdameedna

Bokke v England on 18:34 - Jun 9 by lifelong

I know all about equality when it comes to rugby. The school I attended had 3 rugby pitches and you had to play it.. you were ridiculed if you played football, baring in mind it was around 1958 when I started secondary education and Wales had reached the quarter finals of the World Cup.
What did a number of schools do then? Virtually ban football when it was an ideal opportunity to promote the game of football and push the nation forward regarding the game.
I’m all for equality and freedom of choice.

It is a bit daft the rugby obsession. I enjoy rugby. Maybe football is less rough. Rugby is a great game. Football is sensational. Different but similar skills.
Bokke v England on 09:19 - Jun 10 with 2737 viewsWanderer

Great game, great entertainment, love all sport full stop.
Bokke v England on 09:26 - Jun 10 with 2731 viewsmoonie

Actually Roger is correct.
Bishop Gore was exactly as he describes . I got hammered for playing football very often as I was seen as a natural fly half but refused to play for the school .mainly as I was on the small side and my mum didn't want me getting smashed up. When I started to shoot up and started boxing I started to smash a few rugby boys after school . Great days

I too hated rugby at the time and the old style teachers ,like Vivian Davies in Bishop Gore are culpable without any question whatsoever.

Thing is, it's 2018 and I'm still here so I just see things as they are Roger not as they were fifty years ago
Bokke v England on 09:47 - Jun 10 with 2717 viewssherpajacob

Eddie Jones honeymoon is well and truly over.

Always a pleasure to see the pr1ck squirming

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Bokke v England on 10:00 - Jun 10 with 2705 viewsmoonie

Agreed . Hope it continues
Bokke v England on 10:09 - Jun 10 with 2691 viewsWarwickHunt

Bokke v England on 09:26 - Jun 10 by moonie

Actually Roger is correct.
Bishop Gore was exactly as he describes . I got hammered for playing football very often as I was seen as a natural fly half but refused to play for the school .mainly as I was on the small side and my mum didn't want me getting smashed up. When I started to shoot up and started boxing I started to smash a few rugby boys after school . Great days

I too hated rugby at the time and the old style teachers ,like Vivian Davies in Bishop Gore are culpable without any question whatsoever.

Thing is, it's 2018 and I'm still here so I just see things as they are Roger not as they were fifty years ago

I played rugby at Bishop Gore and switched to football when they relented and allowed an U-19 football team.

Viv Davies told me it had made me “very unpopular in the staff room”.

FFS...
Bokke v England on 10:13 - Jun 10 with 2683 viewsmoonie

Paul.

He hated me and gave me a hard time even though I was good at Latin.

I was always seen as difficult
Bokke v England on 10:15 - Jun 10 with 2675 viewstaffpunk

Pretty much the same in all Schools in the Rhondda in the 70's. I used to get picked for the Comp Rugby team who played on Saturday mornings, the same time as I was playing for the local Boys Club in football. It's fair to say that life was hell off the Gym teacher for those of us who elected to play the round ball game.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Bokke v England on 10:31 - Jun 10 with 2647 viewsWarwickHunt

Bokke v England on 10:15 - Jun 10 by taffpunk

Pretty much the same in all Schools in the Rhondda in the 70's. I used to get picked for the Comp Rugby team who played on Saturday mornings, the same time as I was playing for the local Boys Club in football. It's fair to say that life was hell off the Gym teacher for those of us who elected to play the round ball game.

Rugby in the morning then straight off to play football in the afternoon.
An Ashleigh Road pasty for sustenance if you were lucky.
Bokke v England on 10:52 - Jun 10 with 2605 viewsDarran

Bokke v England on 17:27 - Jun 9 by moonie

You asleep?

It's great to see a black man captain S A. Someone that would have Eugene Terreblanche turning in his grave

Equality ?

Tell that to a kid born in a South African township to crack addict parents .

There’s not much chance of Priti Patel playing for England with you around mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bokke v England on 14:27 - Jun 10 with 2531 viewsWingstandwood

Bokke v England on 10:09 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

I played rugby at Bishop Gore and switched to football when they relented and allowed an U-19 football team.

Viv Davies told me it had made me “very unpopular in the staff room”.

FFS...

Reading your stuff there has led me to assume the school you went to was a Grammar school. I've heard of Bishop Gore I'm sure it's a Comprehensive school now, I get an inkling it wasn't during your days there?

And another assumption from experience of talking to my father from his past school experiences? Your schools PE-staff were probably/most likely extreme fanatical-disciplinarian in the most o.t.t. of ways?

Argus!

Bokke v England on 15:07 - Jun 10 with 2507 viewsmoonie

Wing.

IT was old fashioned minor public school type Grammar when I was there in the sixties .

Clear apartheid too for those born in Mumbles Langland,Newton, Caswell and the lads from north of Morriston Cross .

It was dire .Couldnt wait to leave

PE teachers sadists
Bokke v England on 15:16 - Jun 10 with 2500 viewsWingstandwood

Bokke v England on 15:07 - Jun 10 by moonie

Wing.

IT was old fashioned minor public school type Grammar when I was there in the sixties .

Clear apartheid too for those born in Mumbles Langland,Newton, Caswell and the lads from north of Morriston Cross .

It was dire .Couldnt wait to leave

PE teachers sadists

Aye, my assumption was bang on, my vibe of your particular PE/sports dept staff being on the rather brutal side was correct. There was no 100 x's lines punishment from those types they preferred a more 'hard-hitting' o.t.t. approach when it came to pupil discipline.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024