Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos Contract 21:40 - Mar 4 with 9559 viewsswan1970

Had we better offer him an extension to his deal now or risk losing him to another club in the summer?
Carlos Contract on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 5975 viewsTheFranchise

lets stay up first
Carlos Contract on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 5970 views34dfgdf54

He’ll want to get us safe first. If we are relegated he will get another job easilly, similar to Silva last year.
Carlos Contract on 21:42 - Mar 4 with 5968 viewsbuilthjack

Give him 2 years asap

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Carlos Contract on 22:13 - Mar 4 with 5856 viewsunion_jack

Wasn't there talk about him filling in until Martinez became available? Hence the short term contract.

The way things went with Monk and Clement maybe we should let him go at contract end? Save on the compo!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Carlos Contract on 22:25 - Mar 4 with 5804 viewsswan1970

I just want continuity this summer, he’s done enough already in my opinion to earn a contract extension. I don’t fancy spending the summer transfer market searching for a new manager when we should be concentrating on player recruitment
Carlos Contract on 22:31 - Mar 4 with 5770 viewsZZoric

Carlos Contract on 22:13 - Mar 4 by union_jack

Wasn't there talk about him filling in until Martinez became available? Hence the short term contract.

The way things went with Monk and Clement maybe we should let him go at contract end? Save on the compo!

warra ridiculous perspective

Yeah lets - right now in the midst of a massive upward drive............... focus on savings on the compo - u cannot be serious ?? total negative, as per
Carlos Contract on 22:33 - Mar 4 with 5758 viewsunion_jack

Carlos Contract on 22:31 - Mar 4 by ZZoric

warra ridiculous perspective

Yeah lets - right now in the midst of a massive upward drive............... focus on savings on the compo - u cannot be serious ?? total negative, as per

No, I wasn't being serious you complete moron.

It was tongue in cheek.

Incidentally, how old are you. Are you out of your teens yet?

Carlos Contract on 22:58 - Mar 4 with 5687 viewsZZoric

Carlos Contract on 22:33 - Mar 4 by union_jack

No, I wasn't being serious you complete moron.

It was tongue in cheek.

Incidentally, how old are you. Are you out of your teens yet?

complete moron ?? where did that come from ? hoped u were better than that

ur tongue in cheek comments are cleverly disguised ..... as the usual negative diatribe

re CC contract - what would u advise, at this point ?
re CC strategy, tactics, formation for next game - what u reckon ?
Login to get fewer ads

Carlos Contract on 23:09 - Mar 4 with 5652 viewsZZoric

Carlos Contract on 22:58 - Mar 4 by ZZoric

ur tongue in cheek comments are cleverly disguised ..... as the usual negative diatribe

rather than dissing anything SCFC - esp ur ongoing sick attack on all things Huw Jenkins - try posting an insightful, intelligent comment - something of substance for once

earn the right - to be negative (if that is ur want)
Carlos Contract on 23:46 - Mar 4 with 5572 viewsairedale

I reckon they should give him a new contract up till Jan 2019, see how it goes. A sprat to catch a mackerel if you like.
Carlos Contract on 23:54 - Mar 4 with 5542 viewsmajorraglan

There was some speculation on here that Roberto Martinez was in the frame for a return in the summer, not sure if there’s any mileage in that though. He was a good manager for Swansea, he did ok for a while at Wigan, won the FA Cup but I think he may have taken them down. Did an Ok job at aeverton and is now with Belgium who are a strong team, but who have to my mind never pushed on as they should have. Personally, I am not sure he is the answer but who knows.

The club once had a system of play and the ndivduals who came in suites that style, the club b needs to go back to that principle and whoever the manager is he needs to be given time to rebuild.
Carlos Contract on 00:39 - Mar 5 with 5486 viewsJack_Kass

Let's not be hasty, theres a strong statistical chance we'll end up having to pay him off in December.

Clement was just as, if not more popular this time last year. Same for Guido the year before, etc etc

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Carlos Contract on 02:10 - Mar 5 with 5434 viewsdameedna

If he keeps us up he might replace Wenger.
Carlos Contract on 06:57 - Mar 5 with 5319 viewsDewi1jack

Carlos Contract on 02:10 - Mar 5 by dameedna

If he keeps us up he might replace Wenger.

The person replacing Wenger is...

Wenger.
Too pompous to step down and Arsenil (ok they got 1 ) IMHO, will give him another chance to reach the CL places next season
He'll stay
Especially if he wins the EL this season

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Carlos Contract on 07:23 - Mar 5 with 5277 viewsThornburyswan

Carlos Contract on 21:41 - Mar 4 by TheFranchise

lets stay up first

This - same with Ki, once we are mathematically safe (he's says like it's a given!) then is the time for new deal talking.
Carlos Contract on 09:02 - Mar 5 with 5169 viewsunion_jack

Carlos Contract on 22:58 - Mar 4 by ZZoric

Cleverly disguised? No, you just haven't developed a sense of humour yet.

You're a bit too serious reall aren't you? You see everything in black and white not in all the colours of the rainbow that life portrays. It's positive. Or it's negative. It's not like that in reality though. You'll get it one day.

As for your comment about Huw Jenkins in your other post. I see your true colours have emerged and I had my suspicions. Are you a Dineen or close to them. Similar defensive attitude in your posts.

Now I'm done with you. Put me on ignore if you like or better still next time you log out make it your last.

Carlos Contract on 09:59 - Mar 5 with 5060 viewsMoscowJack

I know that some won't like this but I think we should keep our options open in the summer.

Yes, Carlos has done an incredible job so far this season, but bringing a short-term motivational boost is completely different to a longer-term strategy to improve this team.

Nobody thought that Clement would be the failure, that he most definitely was, except Derby fans, who most of us ignored totally when they said how negative Clement was. Many Sheff Wed fans have also warned us about Carlos too, even though it's very hard for us to see that side of him at the moment.

I love Carlos' enthusiasm and positivity but, as I've said on here before, that will wear off on the players after a while. It will become white noise. They'll need more reasons to be positive and that belief in their manager will come from knowing that they have a good tactician, capable of playing exciting football and adapting as the season progresses.

I'm not saying that Carlos isn't the right man to take us forward, but we shouldn't jump in too quickly and extend his contract if there are more suitable LONG-TERM managers available. For example, I'd take Brendan Rodgers back tomorrow and wouldn't be against Roberto too, but it's a huge decision and shouldn't be rushed into.

Also, I don't want Jenkins making the decision....he should be gone as soon as the season ends and hope the Yanks are looking for his replacement already!

The ONLY thing that worries me is the saying "be careful what you wish for" as it's sometimes stupid to change a winning formula, but I think we should also learn from the past two "successful" managers (Clement and Guidolin) who kept us up but failed the next season (even though I know both weren't backed in the summer transfer windows).

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Carlos Contract on 10:08 - Mar 5 with 5036 viewsswan1970

Carlos Contract on 21:41 - Mar 4 by TheFranchise

lets stay up first

I don’t think it will be CC fault if we don’t stay up so why wait until we know. He’s done enough IMHO to earn an extension to his deal and why wouldn’t we want him on board even if relegated as he has worked in the EFL
Carlos Contract on 12:23 - Mar 5 with 4917 viewsDyfnant

If we pay a ‘keep us up’ bonus, as seems to be the general belief, could this be a driver of the negative tactics we see in the managers second seasons.
Edit : managers looking at the full season thinking point per game being good tactic
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 12:25]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Carlos Contract on 12:34 - Mar 5 with 4892 viewsyescomeon

This is all assuming he wants an extended contract. He said when he came in he likes to work on short contracts. If he's happy to stay on a rolling 6-month contract then it's probably what's best for both parties. If he fails not much compo to pay out, if he succeeds it's easy for him to move on if he wants to. Either way I really hope he's here next season.

Upthecity!

Carlos Contract on 12:42 - Mar 5 with 4869 viewsFireboy2

Carlos Contract on 12:34 - Mar 5 by yescomeon

This is all assuming he wants an extended contract. He said when he came in he likes to work on short contracts. If he's happy to stay on a rolling 6-month contract then it's probably what's best for both parties. If he fails not much compo to pay out, if he succeeds it's easy for him to move on if he wants to. Either way I really hope he's here next season.

I think this is the best option as well

It keeps everyone on their toes
Carlos Contract on 12:57 - Mar 5 with 4840 viewsFlashberryjack

Carlos Contract on 21:42 - Mar 4 by builthjack

Give him 2 years asap

Agree 100%, even if we do get relegated he's the man to get us back IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Carlos Contract on 17:37 - Mar 5 with 4688 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Many on here criticise Jenkins etc for the lack of spending yet are happy to splash out millions on a manager under the exact same circumstances which has caused us such financial difficulties since Monk left.

How about we let him see out his contract, see who is available in the Summer and pick the best. Just like we should have done under Guidolin and Clement.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Carlos Contract on 17:49 - Mar 5 with 4666 viewsDewi1jack

Carlos Contract on 17:37 - Mar 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Many on here criticise Jenkins etc for the lack of spending yet are happy to splash out millions on a manager under the exact same circumstances which has caused us such financial difficulties since Monk left.

How about we let him see out his contract, see who is available in the Summer and pick the best. Just like we should have done under Guidolin and Clement.

Or bring a "rebuilder" type manager in on a 2 year contract.
Give someone tidy the chance to work on the academy and the 1st team.
Someone who can utilise scouts and networks properly, with the view to making him our Wenger (but not as unshiftable!!!)

And not be hamstrung by Beaky, who really should be gone before the summer window opens (June or July?)
And he can take the 'consultant' mates with him as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Carlos Contract on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 4617 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Carlos Contract on 17:49 - Mar 5 by Dewi1jack

Or bring a "rebuilder" type manager in on a 2 year contract.
Give someone tidy the chance to work on the academy and the 1st team.
Someone who can utilise scouts and networks properly, with the view to making him our Wenger (but not as unshiftable!!!)

And not be hamstrung by Beaky, who really should be gone before the summer window opens (June or July?)
And he can take the 'consultant' mates with him as well

Pearlman is quite clearly the chairman in all but name now, likely because reading a headline of an American replacing Huw would send much of the fan base (those completely unaware of his devious actions) into panic mode.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024