Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The formation 09:29 - Apr 1 with 2223 viewsmagicdaps10

Served us well under Carlos but on times was very flat, big gaps between the midfield line and back three.

I wanted to see Mawson pushed out into the midfield holding role, move back to a back 4 and allow King and Ki be a little more adventurous....this system would also allow Mawson to easily slip back as a centre half when needed.

Next week I would start like that with Tammy up top, Andre and Dyer playing off him.

Mawson is an intelligent footballer and think the system could suit him aswell.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The formation on 09:35 - Apr 1 with 2204 viewsoldcob

Agree in the main, but with VDH in the role you give to Alfie. Alfie would be safer of the two as a last line of defence.
The formation on 09:37 - Apr 1 with 2194 viewsSTID2017

Indeed.
The commentator was saying as much yesterday
We need to move up and back as a unit.
Make it more like an F1 car in London traffic than a Porsche on an empty motorway

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The formation on 09:43 - Apr 1 with 2187 viewsTheResurrection

Magic flaps,

Do us all a favour and don't talk football tactics, it's just embarrassing.

Stick to transfer window guff.

Cheers,

The Long Suffering Planet Swans Members

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The formation on 10:08 - Apr 1 with 2151 viewsjack247

It was Man United away and the game plan went out the window after 5 minutes. Not one to get stressed over, most teams get beat up there. Don’t be surprised if we start similarly when we go to Man City.

Carlos knows what he is doing and he sets us up the way he thinks is most likely to get us a result. It won’t work every time.
The formation on 10:09 - Apr 1 with 2149 viewsSTID2017

The formation on 09:43 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Magic flaps,

Cheers,

The Long Suffering Planet Swans Members

Speak for yourself please Chris.
The rest of us are happy to exchange views without the name calling.
Don't lump us into your negativity
Thanks
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 10:15]

The formation on 11:32 - Apr 1 with 2047 viewsTheResurrection

The formation on 10:08 - Apr 1 by jack247

It was Man United away and the game plan went out the window after 5 minutes. Not one to get stressed over, most teams get beat up there. Don’t be surprised if we start similarly when we go to Man City.

Carlos knows what he is doing and he sets us up the way he thinks is most likely to get us a result. It won’t work every time.

Precisely.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The formation on 11:33 - Apr 1 with 2041 viewsTheResurrection

The formation on 10:09 - Apr 1 by STID2017

Speak for yourself please Chris.
The rest of us are happy to exchange views without the name calling.
Don't lump us into your negativity
Thanks
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 10:15]

Show me where I've been negative.

Do you even know what you're posting these days?

The formation on 11:38 - Apr 1 with 2033 viewsDr_Winston

We haven't been particularly good at rapidly moving the ball out of the back since the last days of Laudrup. That's not a Carvalhal issue. It's more of a personnel/ingrained habit one.

If we had a prime Leon or Leon type who could drop deeper and pass it quickly it would be less of an issue, but we don't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The formation on 11:40 - Apr 1 with 2027 viewsSTID2017

The formation on 11:33 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Show me where I've been negative.

Do you even know what you're posting these days?

I quote (again) :
" Magic flaps,

Cheers,

The Long Suffering Planet Swans Members"

Do you consider that positive ?

The formation on 11:44 - Apr 1 with 2016 viewsmonmouth

The formation on 10:08 - Apr 1 by jack247

I was encouraged greatly by Carvalhal's interview. Essentially we didn't play as he required in the first half at all (ie what we saw wasn't actually the plan). The idea was to get at Matic and Pogba and stop them dictating the game. In the second he changed the personnel, with Clucas (Routledge) and Ayew tucking in, and did that.

Oh and for everybody that loves our Wayne, and I know you all do, Carlos thinks he's 'a very clever player'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The formation on 12:13 - Apr 1 with 1986 viewsmagicdaps10

The formation on 11:40 - Apr 1 by STID2017

I quote (again) :
" Magic flaps,

Cheers,

The Long Suffering Planet Swans Members"

Do you consider that positive ?

He cant even see what he is doing.

Leave him to it, obviously not happy with his life. I actually feel very sorry for him.

I await the predicted reply.

The formation on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 1969 viewsSTID2017

The formation on 12:13 - Apr 1 by magicdaps10

He cant even see what he is doing.

Leave him to it, obviously not happy with his life. I actually feel very sorry for him.

I await the predicted reply.

I have tried to be post more responsibly the last day or so, even commenting positively on some of his posts and quoting him positively in another post.
Sadly, he seems hell bent on looking down in the gutter rather than up at the stars.
It's very sad (again it - not him, in case he "misunderstands" this)

The formation on 12:26 - Apr 1 with 1954 viewsmagicdaps10

The formation on 12:19 - Apr 1 by STID2017

I have tried to be post more responsibly the last day or so, even commenting positively on some of his posts and quoting him positively in another post.
Sadly, he seems hell bent on looking down in the gutter rather than up at the stars.
It's very sad (again it - not him, in case he "misunderstands" this)

Leave him to it, obviously gets a kick out of it........just count your lucky stars you dont have to live with him

The formation on 12:29 - Apr 1 with 1951 viewsSTID2017

The formation on 12:26 - Apr 1 by magicdaps10

Leave him to it, obviously gets a kick out of it........just count your lucky stars you dont have to live with him

All I can say is Mrs Res must be an extremely patient woman

The formation on 12:54 - Apr 1 with 1921 viewsTheResurrection

The formation on 11:44 - Apr 1 by monmouth

I was encouraged greatly by Carvalhal's interview. Essentially we didn't play as he required in the first half at all (ie what we saw wasn't actually the plan). The idea was to get at Matic and Pogba and stop them dictating the game. In the second he changed the personnel, with Clucas (Routledge) and Ayew tucking in, and did that.

Oh and for everybody that loves our Wayne, and I know you all do, Carlos thinks he's 'a very clever player'.

Well if that was the tactic then we were very poor in the first half 😂

The formation on 15:52 - Apr 1 with 1838 viewsswancity

Nothing to do with formation choice

Player for player, man for man they are superior footballers. Far superior. Not one of our players would get into the United side. That's the gulf in class. It was damage limitation esp playing away

Of course they got stretched. Pulled out of position. That's what good teams do. United are a good team.
Meanwhile, Stoke just lost 3-0 to Arsenal after playing very well for 30 minutes. There's a gap in class. WBA and Stoke are our best chances to pick up points but even they will be very hard games.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The formation on 16:27 - Apr 1 with 1795 viewsmonmouth

The formation on 12:54 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Well if that was the tactic then we were very poor in the first half 😂

Aye that’s what he said too!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The formation on 19:07 - Apr 1 with 1697 viewsTheResurrection

The formation on 16:27 - Apr 1 by monmouth

Aye that’s what he said too!

I've just read some more context from the press interviews.

Jose said it was the best they've played ALL season. It seemed that way as well.

The formation on 19:25 - Apr 1 with 1684 viewsDJack

The formation on 19:07 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

I've just read some more context from the press interviews.

Jose said it was the best they've played ALL season. It seemed that way as well.

Not read any press so I can't comment on that but my own view of the game (and yes, I was there), is that there was a gulf in class and that stood out from the kick-off. We did ourselves no favours with some poor performances. Ki was anonymous and too many players expected to have time on the ball and so they were often dispossessed. We are also slow in our decision making and by the time we take a course of action the route is either cut off or any threat nullified - that said I think we are just as bad at the Liberty for that. Yes, the second half was better with our substitutions but there was only one side that was going to win it and they relaxed.

Two other points:
Man U supporters...Detached spectators more like!
I quite liked the meat and potato pie.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024