Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter 17:11 - Apr 19 with 5000 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Awful awful awful

Schoolboy stuff and has been all season under Harry Potter

From beating the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool every week at the Liberty

To letting in 5 goals in two games v the mighty Rotherham

We’re going nowhere under this manager and owners
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 17:24 - Apr 19 with 3047 viewshobo

Hi Bob
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 17:32 - Apr 19 with 3016 viewsthornabyswan

Happy Easter Bob we won

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 17:42 - Apr 19 with 2947 viewssainthelens

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 17:50 - Apr 19 with 2882 viewstrinityann

Rodon needs to play alongside Van Der Horn just for more height.
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:21 - Apr 19 with 2699 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 17:42 - Apr 19 by sainthelens

What have I said that’s incorrect then? Do you think we’ve got a good defence?
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:21 - Apr 19 with 2695 viewsGroo

When's cardiff playing Blob, you going?

Groo does what Groo does best

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:22 - Apr 19 with 2695 viewsNeath_Jack

Bobby Martinez Mk2

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:29 - Apr 19 with 2661 viewsLandore_Jack

Defensively we are shocking. School boy defending yet again!

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:42 - Apr 19 with 2600 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let's talk about you going missing when we won 3 games in a week.
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:50 - Apr 19 with 2552 viewssainthelens

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:21 - Apr 19 by Brad_Bobbly

Not great, but I'd rather watch them than read your nonsense.
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter (n/t) on 18:51 - Apr 19 with 2552 viewsDJack

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:42 - Apr 19 by Treforys_Jack

Let's talk about you going missing when we won 3 games in a week.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:01 - Apr 19 with 2495 viewsjackrmee

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:21 - Apr 19 by Brad_Bobbly

Terrible defending I agree, but you are an absolute cock so your opinion means nothing to me.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 2405 viewsChief

You're proving your WUNness. If we were beating the likes of the teams you say every week we wouldn't have been relegated would be brains?
That wasn't realistic in the Prem,certainly not so now under our investors.
Do your homework on the Rotherham away game (you obviously weren't there)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:14 - Apr 19 with 2401 viewsjackrmee

But the defence under Potter does need attention I agree. He does also, as he has mentioned it specifically in the press.
THey are working on the set pieces and simple/schoolboy errors, but how and why are we so poor at defending?
*People blaming Potter...is it his tactics? Is it the marking system?
*People blaming the players...is it a height issue? Is it a poor calibre of players?
*Anyone blaming the fans?

I really don't know what it is to be honest, but I don't blame Potter. I don't blame anyone tbh. It's a group effort and a team game. We need to work on it together and as a team and an honest group.

No team is perfect.
We play some lovely football. We have worked on our early season low scoring ability. We are having loads of possession. We are improving all the time.
We have 2 problems which are being made out to be a disaster. Actually, if we fix those two problems (goalie and stupid mistakes in defence) we would probably be going up this year with a team of kids and early season "no-hopers".

Iron out those issues and we will be a force to be reckoned with. That's without any investment.
We are a very good team, with a very big on field issue. Nothing that can't be sorted though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:20 - Apr 19 with 2378 viewsjackrmee

So to ignore the OP, but embrace the title...

I have no idea why we cannot stop crosses and set pieces.
I don't believe it's simply height.
I don't believe GP doesn't know what he's doing.

I do agree with many that Nordfeldt is an issue. He's excellent with his feet and distribution, but he's stuck to his line. He is a decent shot stopper, but misses a lot also.
Even so, I can't blame him for everything, as he shouldn't be put in the position of having to make a save every time a cross or long throw comes in. Defenders should be taking care of most of them, but why aren't they?!

Anyone have any ideas what exactly we could change?

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:20 - Apr 19 with 2377 viewsChief

However, our defending this season does obviously need improvement,Potter was left with let's face 2 centre backs who had played any senior games at this level. Yes people can say Rodon blabla but just like any other of the youngsters like Cabango there's we have no idea whether they can deal with crosses either.

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:32 - Apr 19 with 2337 viewsFlashberryjack

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:14 - Apr 19 by jackrmee

But the defence under Potter does need attention I agree. He does also, as he has mentioned it specifically in the press.
THey are working on the set pieces and simple/schoolboy errors, but how and why are we so poor at defending?
*People blaming Potter...is it his tactics? Is it the marking system?
*People blaming the players...is it a height issue? Is it a poor calibre of players?
*Anyone blaming the fans?

I really don't know what it is to be honest, but I don't blame Potter. I don't blame anyone tbh. It's a group effort and a team game. We need to work on it together and as a team and an honest group.

No team is perfect.
We play some lovely football. We have worked on our early season low scoring ability. We are having loads of possession. We are improving all the time.
We have 2 problems which are being made out to be a disaster. Actually, if we fix those two problems (goalie and stupid mistakes in defence) we would probably be going up this year with a team of kids and early season "no-hopers".

Iron out those issues and we will be a force to be reckoned with. That's without any investment.
We are a very good team, with a very big on field issue. Nothing that can't be sorted though.

Zonal marking ? whatever! our defence is absolute shyte.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:32 - Apr 19 with 2328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 18:22 - Apr 19 by Neath_Jack

Bobby Martinez Mk2

I think we’ll all take that if it works out that way.

Poll: Tory leader

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:35 - Apr 19 with 2320 viewsmagicdaps10

There are issues but the team is very young.

The need for a holder head with leadership qualities is desperately needed. Routledge and Naughton are the experienced heads in there, neither are leaders though.

I am sure Potter knows what we need.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:45 - Apr 19 with 2278 viewsChief

No way can either goal away to Rotherham be attributed to poor defending

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:53 - Apr 19 with 2238 viewssP7qupUf

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 19:45 - Apr 19 by Chief

No way can either goal away to Rotherham be attributed to poor defending

keeper decision making was the cause of the first. he failed to defend his box.
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 2197 viewsChief

I cannot disagree with that at all and I'm typing this after seeing the man make 1 maybe 2 world class saves today. But do you see us replacing either with anyone decent this summer?, let's face it neither will improve

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 2192 viewsBytholWyn

The two main problems we had today judging by the highlights were preventing the ball getting into the box in the first place, and then defending the second ball. If you look at the opening goal Routledge makes little attempt to close down the angle to prevent Vaulks' cross into the box - very poor defending.

Anyone who follows #EFLSTATS may be aware of the rather surprising stat that a number of weekends this season we have topped or come close to topping the aerial battle percentages. This suggests that VDH and CCV are winning more than their fair share of aerial contests - but we struggle in other defensive areas. That certainly seemed to be the case today.

I don't think there are any easy solutions, it's just a case of chipping away collectively at some of our frailties. Nordfeldt does need to step up when it comes to dealing with the high ball between now and the end of the season if he wants to keep his place in the side ahead of Mulder next season.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 20:05]
Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 20:39 - Apr 19 with 2071 viewsSgorioFruit

however great we all think Potter is, he has seriously messed up the goalkeeping situation this season.

and right now I don't have any confidence in both Mulder or Nordfelt,
perhaps maybe if he were to stick with ONE first team goalkeeper next season then the confidence will return, otherwise get rid of them both keepers and start afresh with someone who suits us better.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Let’s talk about the defence under Potter on 20:40 - Apr 19 with 2063 views34dfgdf54

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024