Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being flexible 09:54 - Aug 4 with 2360 viewshillbillyjack

We all like a cultured passing game , but second half when Hull changed tactics to high press our silly little goal kicks nearly cost us.....4 times we lost the ball in deep areas and we have to be a be a bit more streetwise to adapt when the opposition is starting to read us
Being flexible on 09:59 - Aug 4 with 2294 viewsploppy

Nah. What needs to happen when we're playing out is people need to show for the ball, the passes have to be more precise and the control better. Simples. We're still a bit rusty at the moment.

If it wasn't for our willingness to play out from the back we wouldn't have scored that magnificent second goal against Man City.
Being flexible on 10:01 - Aug 4 with 2274 viewshillbillyjack

Maybe so.....I just thought it all got way to predictable halfway thorough second half
Being flexible on 10:03 - Aug 4 with 2256 viewsjackrmee

Being flexible on 10:01 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

Maybe so.....I just thought it all got way to predictable halfway thorough second half

It is predictable, but there's nothing to predict. Everyone knows thats how we want to play. We don't play that way as a surprise. We just need to be better at it.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Being flexible on 10:08 - Aug 4 with 2223 viewsItchySphincter

It’s a dilema. Playing out the way we do is often frustrating but when the goal keeper launches it it inevitably ends up in touch or coming straight back at us. The problem is that VDH has no vision until he get’s himself almost to the halfway line so he resorts to playing it square to Joe four or five time before it finds it’s way out wide, and by which time the space that Celina or whoever has taken up out wide is shut down.

VDH needs to put more space between him and the keeper when asking for it short and he need to look up rather than inside when he receives it. He played one or two lovely cross field passes yesterday, both time from an advanced position, but he needs to bring his fullback in to the game quicker and more often.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 10:33]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Being flexible on 10:09 - Aug 4 with 2227 viewsNotLoyal

This new rule of being able to receive the ball from he keeper in the box is not going to help us at all. Yesterday we were passing he ball out 8-10 yards from the goal line. Suicide.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Being flexible on 10:15 - Aug 4 with 2203 viewsjasper_T

You either play out from the back to keep the ball and create spaces upfield, or play out from the back because you can't play long, and it looked more like the latter for that 10 minute period yesterday. They pressed high and opened themselves up in their own half but we were content trying to play through 6 players around our own box.

Fulton doesn't show for the ball, especially late in games. Byers going off hurt us trying to play out because he wants it in congested areas and has the touch to move it on quickly. Tired legs and a few unfamiliar teammates creates dangerous mistakes as well.
Being flexible on 10:17 - Aug 4 with 2189 viewshillbillyjack

Good point about Fulton, he often hides behind opponents to avoid receiving possession.
Being flexible on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 2181 viewsjackrmee

Being flexible on 10:09 - Aug 4 by NotLoyal

This new rule of being able to receive the ball from he keeper in the box is not going to help us at all. Yesterday we were passing he ball out 8-10 yards from the goal line. Suicide.

The ball no longer has to go out of the box at goal kicks?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Being flexible on 10:21 - Aug 4 with 2157 viewshillbillyjack

Being flexible on 10:18 - Aug 4 by jackrmee

No mate.
Being flexible on 10:22 - Aug 4 with 2149 viewsjackrmee

Being flexible on 10:17 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

Good point about Fulton, he often hides behind opponents to avoid receiving possession.

What?! I've never seen this. If that's the case, the kunt should be sacked. Surely you have interpreted it wrong.
If a sunday league team has a player who "hides behind opposition players to avoid receiving possession, that is scandalous and they should get a slap at the very least.

Being flexible on 10:23 - Aug 4 with 2144 viewsmonmouth

Being flexible on 10:18 - Aug 4 by jackrmee

No.

I think we absolutely should keep doing it - in fact I think it essential = but more players have to show for a pass further into the midfield and the keeper needs to also chip to the wings as the Hull keeper did yesterday. That gives a higher number of options to find a man in space and means no need for the suicide passes we were playing yesterday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Being flexible on 10:25 - Aug 4 with 2125 viewsjackrmee

Being flexible on 10:23 - Aug 4 by monmouth

No.

I think we absolutely should keep doing it - in fact I think it essential = but more players have to show for a pass further into the midfield and the keeper needs to also chip to the wings as the Hull keeper did yesterday. That gives a higher number of options to find a man in space and means no need for the suicide passes we were playing yesterday.

Exactly. The more we do it, the better we get at it. These are professional players after all.

Being flexible on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 2107 viewshillbillyjack

Being flexible on 10:23 - Aug 4 by monmouth

No.

Exactly, be more flexible with little chip to full backs or wingers, also Byers chest in the middle of the park
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 10:28]
Being flexible on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 2075 viewsMattG

I thought the same - at least last season vdH and Rodon had to split a lot wider before receiving the ball. Yesterday they were getting it much closer to goal and being put under more pressure as a result.

Just because we can receive the ball inside the box doesn't mean we have to.
Being flexible on 10:33 - Aug 4 with 2047 viewsItchySphincter

Agreed.

Being flexible on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 2022 viewsItchySphincter

Being flexible on 10:22 - Aug 4 by jackrmee

What?! I've never seen this. If that's the case, the kunt should be sacked. Surely you have interpreted it wrong.
If a sunday league team has a player who "hides behind opposition players to avoid receiving possession, that is scandalous and they should get a slap at the very least.

Ki used to do it all the time. Marking space they called it.

Being flexible on 11:04 - Aug 4 with 1947 viewsNortbankboy

Being flexible on 10:38 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

There is a mistake in Rosen every game.
He is going to cost us goals this year.
Carter Vickers a much better player
Being flexible on 11:06 - Aug 4 with 1933 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah Rodon is still very raw.

Being flexible on 11:31 - Aug 4 with 1865 viewsTheFranchise

Being flexible on 11:06 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Yeah Rodon is still very raw.

But he's ours and will be sold for millions and millions when the time comes, we need to stick with the youngsters.

Vickers was a better player but he cost us lots, Rodon will generate us lots.

We need to increase the value of our product.
Being flexible on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 1773 viewsnantywatcher

Being flexible on 10:17 - Aug 4 by hillbillyjack

Leading contender for dumb comment of the month award.
Being flexible on 12:23 - Aug 4 with 1701 viewsJinxy

Being flexible on 10:38 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Yes I noticed that too about him - I saw him doing it once at home v Chelsea when Rangel was on our by line, under pressure and looking for an option - he deliberately moved behind the Chelsea player, rendering himself unavailable. I went nuts!

On the main topic, playing out from the back is one of the things that define us - agree we just need to get better at it - and we will.
Being flexible on 12:42 - Aug 4 with 1661 viewsNeath_Jack

We got lucky playing like that yesterday.

All for playing out from the back, but this new rule didn't help as at all yesterday. Players were all too close to each other, players not moving and showing up ahead, Hull pressing high, and Joe passing like my dog would.

Hopefully they are intelligent enough to change it up next time, or else against better sides we'll be crucified.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Being flexible on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 1619 viewsmonmouth

Being flexible on 12:42 - Aug 4 by Neath_Jack

We got lucky playing like that yesterday.

All for playing out from the back, but this new rule didn't help as at all yesterday. Players were all too close to each other, players not moving and showing up ahead, Hull pressing high, and Joe passing like my dog would.

Hopefully they are intelligent enough to change it up next time, or else against better sides we'll be crucified.

Even I was screaming ‘hoof the f*cker’ yesterday, and I hate them doing that because I know we just lose the ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024