Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? 17:08 - Feb 8 with 5460 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 17:10 - Feb 8 with 3307 viewsAngelRangelQS

Nope
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 17:15 - Feb 8 with 3266 viewsSmellyplumz

He's a useless smackhead

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 17:15 - Feb 8 with 3264 viewsSwanjaxs

Absolutely not, and becoming clearer every game.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 17:59 - Feb 8 with 3131 viewsDJack

It's irrelevant, he's staying whether we like it or not.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:04 - Feb 8 with 3100 viewsperplex

7 wins in 27, make of that what you will.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:16 - Feb 8 with 3048 viewsangryjack

We not footballing team a pressing team a long ball team team,KT seems like he just send steam out to play best ,he like a manager up paradise park
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:24 - Feb 8 with 2992 viewsexiledclaseboy

He appears to be well out of his depth running a championship team.

Poll: Tory leader

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:29 - Feb 8 with 2952 viewsWAFU

COOPER OUT
Login to get fewer ads

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:31 - Feb 8 with 2940 viewsmonmouth

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:04 - Feb 8 by perplex

7 wins in 27, make of that what you will.

I make it 21 points and bottom of the table relegation form.

In answer to the OP, yes, of course he is.

In answer to 'should he be', no, of course not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:37 - Feb 8 with 2910 viewsGaryjack

When you're used to coaching youngsters, what you experience in the main is that when one set of youngsters get the upper hand in a game, they usually go on to win.
It's not like that when you are dealing with hardened professionals, no matter what level you are playing/coaching at, the game can turn on a sixpence.
By going 'gung ho' against Derby late on today with the attacking presence they had was nothing short of tactical suicide. The man doesn't seem to understand that he's playing with the big boys now.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:45 - Feb 8 with 2854 viewsDr_Winston

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:37 - Feb 8 by Garyjack

When you're used to coaching youngsters, what you experience in the main is that when one set of youngsters get the upper hand in a game, they usually go on to win.
It's not like that when you are dealing with hardened professionals, no matter what level you are playing/coaching at, the game can turn on a sixpence.
By going 'gung ho' against Derby late on today with the attacking presence they had was nothing short of tactical suicide. The man doesn't seem to understand that he's playing with the big boys now.

We went "Gung ho"?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:46 - Feb 8 with 2840 viewsBillyChong

Cheap option, no experience of managing a side who plays week in week out nor dealing with contracted players, transfers etc. Slowly turning into Bob Bradley II.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 2832 viewsGaryjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:45 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

We went "Gung ho"?

Yes, for a good spell before they scored the winner. That's why we ended up 4 on 3 at the back.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:57 - Feb 8 with 2780 viewsmonmouth

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:45 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

We went "Gung ho"?

Did we put all the meat on the barbecue?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:58 - Feb 8 with 2771 viewsDr_Winston

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:57 - Feb 8 by monmouth

All I can remember is for a brief period we actually looked like the home team before a stupid mistake left us undermanned on a breakaway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:59 - Feb 8 with 2759 viewsGaryjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:57 - Feb 8 by monmouth

No. Just a few red peppers and a courgette.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:04 - Feb 8 with 2721 viewsGaryjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:58 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

All I can remember is for a brief period we actually looked like the home team before a stupid mistake left us undermanned on a breakaway.

And that is the definition of going 'gung ho' when a mistake leads to the likes of Waghorn, Lawrence and Rooney bearing down on a couple of kids. One who was having a nightmare anyway!
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:19 - Feb 8 with 2643 viewsNortbankboy

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:04 - Feb 8 by Garyjack

And that is the definition of going 'gung ho' when a mistake leads to the likes of Waghorn, Lawrence and Rooney bearing down on a couple of kids. One who was having a nightmare anyway!

I thought we played well today did not deserve to lose the game.
Goodman and Roberts not good enough.
Need more width
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:24 - Feb 8 with 2621 viewsGaryjack

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:19 - Feb 8 by Nortbankboy

I thought we played well today did not deserve to lose the game.
Goodman and Roberts not good enough.
Need more width

Oh i agree we didn't deserve to lose, but we did, purely down to having a manager who doesn't know how to manage a game with what he has at his disposal.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:32 - Feb 8 with 2579 viewsjackrabbit

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:48 - Feb 8 by Garyjack

Yes, for a good spell before they scored the winner. That's why we ended up 4 on 3 at the back.

I was nothing to do with ‘gung ho’. It was appalling execution by Routs - squaring a perfect short pass to the opposition from which they ran through to score the 3rd goal. Some of our passing was abysmal when it mattered. I didn’t see Cooper make a pass all day.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:36 - Feb 8 with 2553 viewsOldjack

Next season is gonna be hell with nowt to strengthen

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:41 - Feb 8 with 2543 views3swan

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 18:24 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

He appears to be well out of his depth running a championship team.

Rightly or wrongly I could see the logic of his appointment as we were planning to depend on developing youngsters.

Problem is he may only be capable of developing players outside of the first team. Match days he is then up against more experienced players and mangers who can change tactics.

Lost count of the number of opposition managers who say post match that they knew what to expect from us due to our philosophy. This makes us very predictable.

What's the old saying about doing the same thing time after time after time and expecting a different outcome?
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:44 - Feb 8 with 2536 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im torn. On one hand the players do themselves absolutely no favours on the pitch. They often switch off, make far, far too many mistakes which get punished. Choose the wrong options, miss easy passes etc. You can argue thats the coach, but he cant do much about it for them and they have to cop some of the flak.

On the other hand we are so slow to move the ball. Look clueless in the final third. Dont seem to have the ability to change tactics well and keep repeating what we do over and over and that is very much the coaches job.

I know he is young and learning on the job, but with every game im getting more close to be in the No he aint camp.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:47 - Feb 8 with 2516 viewsNortbankboy

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:44 - Feb 8 by PozuelosSideys

Im torn. On one hand the players do themselves absolutely no favours on the pitch. They often switch off, make far, far too many mistakes which get punished. Choose the wrong options, miss easy passes etc. You can argue thats the coach, but he cant do much about it for them and they have to cop some of the flak.

On the other hand we are so slow to move the ball. Look clueless in the final third. Dont seem to have the ability to change tactics well and keep repeating what we do over and over and that is very much the coaches job.

I know he is young and learning on the job, but with every game im getting more close to be in the No he aint camp.

We need width with proper wingers.
Instead of using full backs for the width.
Because Conner Roberts can only go backwards or sideways.
Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:54 - Feb 8 with 2480 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is Steve Cooper the man going forward? on 19:47 - Feb 8 by Nortbankboy

We need width with proper wingers.
Instead of using full backs for the width.
Because Conner Roberts can only go backwards or sideways.

We are just lethargic. So slow moving the ball. We turn the ball over and just wait.. and wait.. and wait until the opposition have got everyone back behind the ball and then try and pick our way through the two bank of four. Why do we do it, its annoying! Players should be busting their ass trying to get ahead of the ball or out wide into space. Playing proper wingers wont help much as we will take forever to get the ball to them and then theyll just get blocked out.

Its no coincidence the likes of Connor has sucked this season but was very good last season. He was able to get up and down and the ball was moved wide and forward quickly. The players are confused and uncoordinated about what they are suposed to do when we have possession.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024