Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn 09:45 - Feb 13 with 1156 viewsdickythorpe

I just had their "Kick Start" breakfast , it had cockles and laverbread parcels amongst the sausages, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes.

It's a gem of a place.

What is the Southgate Inn like? Only ever remember popping in for a pint when it was a social club.
Now it does food. Any good?
Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 1114 viewsscruffyjack

Don’t know about the Southgate club, but the food in the golf club is quality & reasonable & open to the public.
Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 18:29 - Feb 13 with 905 viewsunion_jack

Right Dicky, let’s get one thing straight. Travel into the ‘gated community’ which is SOUTHGATE is monitored and not everyone can get in. Seems you were lucky today. Next time you’re coming, let me know and I’ll get you some papers to show if you should get stopped😄.

The SOUTHGATE is a wonderful watering hole. Some nice ales at the bar and a wonderful dark on offer. I don’t drink a lot now but I do like the dark, it’s wonderful.

Food there is also very good. I think it’s only Wednesday to Saturday with traditional lunches on Sunday. I recommend the surf ‘n’ turf with pepper sauce. Great value.

Sheila and Andrew (the chef) have ‘made the Southgate great again’ and you’d be welcome with . Not by me or the other manly types in Southgate of course (ahem!).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 20:42 - Feb 13 with 824 viewsMuteswan

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 18:29 - Feb 13 by union_jack

Right Dicky, let’s get one thing straight. Travel into the ‘gated community’ which is SOUTHGATE is monitored and not everyone can get in. Seems you were lucky today. Next time you’re coming, let me know and I’ll get you some papers to show if you should get stopped😄.

The SOUTHGATE is a wonderful watering hole. Some nice ales at the bar and a wonderful dark on offer. I don’t drink a lot now but I do like the dark, it’s wonderful.

Food there is also very good. I think it’s only Wednesday to Saturday with traditional lunches on Sunday. I recommend the surf ‘n’ turf with pepper sauce. Great value.

Sheila and Andrew (the chef) have ‘made the Southgate great again’ and you’d be welcome with . Not by me or the other manly types in Southgate of course (ahem!).

I agree, The Southgate has been vastly improved over the time that Sheila and Andrew have been there, and they are both really great - very friendly and welcoming.
Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 20:59 - Feb 13 with 791 viewsunion_jack

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 10:18 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

Don’t know about the Southgate club, but the food in the golf club is quality & reasonable & open to the public.

I downvoted this accidentally sorry - fat fingers!

The golf club is really good. Does a great breakfast.

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:47 - Feb 13 with 755 viewsdickythorpe

Union, I don't know what perception you have of me but I'm not some yob and can hold my own and blend in with the dregs or the crachach.
A social chameleon me.
Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 750 viewsunion_jack

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:47 - Feb 13 by dickythorpe

Union, I don't know what perception you have of me but I'm not some yob and can hold my own and blend in with the dregs or the crachach.
A social chameleon me.

But...but this is Southgate Dicky. 😉

Wear a bow tie and you’ll blend in nicely.

And tell me you’re coming!

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:54 - Feb 13 with 748 viewsexiledclaseboy

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:47 - Feb 13 by dickythorpe

A social chameleon me.

Parts of Gower make the residents of Royston Vesey seem friendly and welcoming. Some massive parochial snobs there.

PS - I realise UJ was only joking.

Poll: Tory leader

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 739 viewsunion_jack

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:54 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

Parts of Gower make the residents of Royston Vesey seem friendly and welcoming. Some massive parochial snobs there.

Ah, but was i?🤨

There is an attitude with some though I agree.

Not me though of course. I’m as down to earth as they come old bean.

Login to get fewer ads

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 23:03 - Feb 13 with 691 viewsjack_lord

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:58 - Feb 13 by union_jack

Ah, but was i?🤨

There is an attitude with some though I agree.

Not me though of course. I’m as down to earth as they come old bean.

As a former Southgate player I enjoyed the hospitality of the localsin the local many moons ago. I often wonder what it would be like to return.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 537 viewsunion_jack

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 23:03 - Feb 13 by jack_lord

As a former Southgate player I enjoyed the hospitality of the localsin the local many moons ago. I often wonder what it would be like to return.

Give it a go. Same old faces have been there many years. As I said, Andrew and Sheila have made it into a much better place than it was.

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 12:43 - Feb 14 with 468 viewsjack247

Three Cliffs Coffee Shop/ Southgate Inn on 21:54 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

Which parts?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024