Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s all take a step back 23:19 - Feb 15 with 3102 viewsdobjack2

No player or coach is sh!t or garbage.

Players have bad games and coaches make poor decisions but there is no need for personal abuse. We all have an opinion but there are ways to express it.

I don’t think Cooper is the man for the job. Not because he is sh!t garbage etc. But because I think he has started at a league too high too soon. He is making mistakes And this league is unforgiving. Brendan made mistakes at this level and learned from them before he came here. Roberto made his mistakes and learned from them a division lower. Monk and Clement made them in the hardest league of all.

Don’t blame him, or monk or Clement for giving it a go but the championship or premier division isn’t a place to learn unless you have a lot of money behind you to pay for your mistakes.

Yes we are disappointed and frustrated that the team seems less than the sum of the players abilities. A good start has fizzled out into games where performances are poor and individual players seem to be regressing not progressing.

However that is no excuse for the personal abuse of players or coaching staff. I’m no angel but social media has turned so many of us into invisible bullies and abusers. It is one thing to provide criticism another to hurl abuse. That line appears to have been crossed on social media relating to the Swans.

Caroline Flack has been the subject of much media commentary and has sadly taken her life. I’m sure none of us would want the abuse being hurled at our players and management to end up in similar fashion.

Let’s all take a step back.
Let’s all take a step back on 00:20 - Feb 16 with 2315 viewsWAFU

COOPER OUT
Let’s all take a step back on 00:29 - Feb 16 with 2303 viewsDarran

Oh ffs let’s just rattle our jewellery.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Let’s all take a step back on 10:44 - Feb 16 with 2131 viewsswancity

You are of course right.

There’s constant criticism of players, managers,coaches. Most of it without any substance. It’s abusive and unnecessary as well as inaccurate in most cases.

But this is a football forum. Some seem to believe that this gives them a free reign to say whatever they want to, anonymously. When a team isn’t doing as well as people think it should be, that often starts a “sheep mentality”. It’s happening now. A form of tunnel vision and without any real knowledge or experience in most cases and yet those people seem to have most to say.....

Think for yourself chaps. Don’t feel the need to repeat the same viewpoint for ever as it won’t change anything. Think before you spout or talk rubbish. Give balanced opinions, think outside the box, give praise when it’s warranted and don’t be a sheep. 🐑

You might actually enjoy it. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Let’s all take a step back on 10:54 - Feb 16 with 2118 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 00:29 - Feb 16 by Darran

Oh ffs let’s just rattle our jewellery.

There is a massive difference between criticising someone’s actions and hurling abuse or being critical of them as a person.

A footballer who is perceived to be having a poor game is open to criticism for how they played, but not abuse of them as a person and not continual abuse. Similarly for a manager in relation to their tactics, substitutions etc. The criticism may be Perceived as valid or it may be perceived as unfair depending on viewpoints.

Being well paid isn’t an excuse to hurl abuse at someone on the basis that having money makes them immune to being upset by it. Abuse is meant to hurt even if the person hurling the abuse doesn’t appreciate that.

I don’t agree with your comment however that doesn’t give me the right to hurl abuse at you or anyone that disagrees with me.
Let’s all take a step back on 11:31 - Feb 16 with 2041 viewsCatullus

Are you asking people on here not to hurl personal abuse?

Good luck with that.

As it goes I do question whether the coach and some players are good enough but surely that's allowed? If I think the coach has done a bad job I'm entitled to that opinion though I won't throw personal abuse at him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Let’s all take a step back on 11:32 - Feb 16 with 2040 viewsDarran

Let’s all take a step back on 11:31 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Good luck with that.

As it goes I do question whether the coach and some players are good enough but surely that's allowed? If I think the coach has done a bad job I'm entitled to that opinion though I won't throw personal abuse at him.

Fuçk off.

Let’s all take a step back on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 2025 viewsBadlands

Let’s all take a step back on 11:32 - Feb 16 by Darran

Fuçk off.

In the spirit of the thread

No ... You f*ck off

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let’s all take a step back on 11:38 - Feb 16 with 2019 viewsjasper_T

I completely disagree with your assertion that not a single footballer or coach is shit or garbage.
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s all take a step back on 11:39 - Feb 16 with 2017 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 11:31 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Good luck with that.

Yep and the mods should crack down on it.

Everyone is open to criticism but these days there appears to be a tendency to go beyond criticism and into abuse. It’s also easier to say someone is garbage or stealing a living rather than for example criticising their positional play or that they don’t have the impact on games that they have had previously.
Let’s all take a step back on 11:41 - Feb 16 with 2006 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 11:38 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

I completely disagree with your assertion that not a single footballer or coach is shit or garbage.

That isn’t my assertion. As one of the more sensible posters on here I’m sure that you wouldn’t just say someone is sh!t, you would say why you didn’t think that they were up to the mark.
Let’s all take a step back on 11:42 - Feb 16 with 2004 viewsjack247

Let’s all take a step back on 10:44 - Feb 16 by swancity

You are of course right.

There’s constant criticism of players, managers,coaches. Most of it without any substance. It’s abusive and unnecessary as well as inaccurate in most cases.

But this is a football forum. Some seem to believe that this gives them a free reign to say whatever they want to, anonymously. When a team isn’t doing as well as people think it should be, that often starts a “sheep mentality”. It’s happening now. A form of tunnel vision and without any real knowledge or experience in most cases and yet those people seem to have most to say.....

Think for yourself chaps. Don’t feel the need to repeat the same viewpoint for ever as it won’t change anything. Think before you spout or talk rubbish. Give balanced opinions, think outside the box, give praise when it’s warranted and don’t be a sheep. 🐑

You might actually enjoy it. 👍🏻

You shouldn’t attempt to patronise when your comments over the last few days indicate you’re genuinely clueless.
Let’s all take a step back on 11:45 - Feb 16 with 2000 viewsDarran

So nobody’s ever abused a Grant Holt or a James McClean at a football match then?

Let’s all take a step back on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 1989 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 11:45 - Feb 16 by Darran

So nobody’s ever abused a Grant Holt or a James McClean at a football match then?

Do you think that it is right though?

If people were to hurl abuse at you every time you posted and that abuse related to you as a person or your looks etc would that be right?
Let’s all take a step back on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 1987 viewsCatullus

Let’s all take a step back on 11:32 - Feb 16 by Darran

Fuçk off.

dobjack, I have frequently said there's too many on here who hurl personal abuse and you're not going to stop them. You'll have to take solace in being the better person.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Let’s all take a step back on 11:58 - Feb 16 with 1977 viewsmonmouth

Let’s all take a step back on 11:52 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

If people were to hurl abuse at you every time you posted and that abuse related to you as a person or your looks etc would that be right?

Eh? This is Darran you're talking about, right?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let’s all take a step back on 11:59 - Feb 16 with 1972 viewsDarran

Let’s all take a step back on 11:52 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

All depends where you go with it.

Do I think it’s ok to shout “McClean you IRA supporting prick” well yes I do.

Let’s all take a step back on 12:01 - Feb 16 with 1969 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 11:52 - Feb 16 by Catullus

dobjack, I have frequently said there's too many on here who hurl personal abuse and you're not going to stop them. You'll have to take solace in being the better person.

I can’t stop them that is down to the mods. I’m making the point that abuse shouldn’t be allowed or condoned on the site.

Everyone gets it wrong from time to time but nobody should get it wrong on a regular basis.
Let’s all take a step back on 12:02 - Feb 16 with 1963 viewsCatullus

Let’s all take a step back on 11:59 - Feb 16 by Darran

All depends where you go with it.

Do I think it’s ok to shout “McClean you IRA supporting prick” well yes I do.

Oh FFS, Darran just proved (if only to me) that personal abuse is sometimes justified!

Some days you just cannot win

Let’s all take a step back on 12:07 - Feb 16 with 1951 viewsswan65split

Let’s all take a step back on 12:01 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

I can’t stop them that is down to the mods. I’m making the point that abuse shouldn’t be allowed or condoned on the site.

Everyone gets it wrong from time to time but nobody should get it wrong on a regular basis.

"Everyone gets it wrong from time to time but nobody should get it wrong on a regular basis."

You talking about Coops?

Criticism without abuse, nice one.
Let’s all take a step back on 12:12 - Feb 16 with 1942 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 12:07 - Feb 16 by swan65split

"Everyone gets it wrong from time to time but nobody should get it wrong on a regular basis."

You talking about Coops?

Criticism without abuse, nice one.

It is possible- if I simply called Cooper names that is abuse.

If I criticised his decisions then that is not abuse. My criticism may be valid or it might be unfair as there may factors involved in his decisions that I am not aware of. However I would be criticising his decisions not abusing him.
Let’s all take a step back on 12:15 - Feb 16 with 1936 viewsMrSwerve

Ad hominem attacks are the backbone of any footballing debate.

That’s life though. Happens in all walks...I’m sure everyone has experienced someone in work calling someone else names behind their back.

The whole ‘Cooper is ugly’ thing is a bit childish and boring, but it’s hardly racism or anything as bad as that. Says more about the poster more than anything.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Let’s all take a step back on 12:17 - Feb 16 with 1933 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 12:02 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Oh FFS, Darran just proved (if only to me) that personal abuse is sometimes justified!

Some days you just cannot win

It’s never justified: because where does justifiable abuse become unjustifiable abuse?

As for McClean I disagree with his views.
Let’s all take a step back on 12:30 - Feb 16 with 1904 viewsKilkennyjack

Let’s all take a step back on 12:17 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

It’s never justified: because where does justifiable abuse become unjustifiable abuse?

As for McClean I disagree with his views.

I guess you understand that if Mclean had been born in the Hafod then he would see the world like you. Right ?

And if you had been born in Derry during the troubles then you might think like him. Right ?

Even Ian Paisley snr realised that continuing to hate and fight would never bring victory or peace.

We are all hostage to the past in one way or another, its only how we shape our futures thats in our hands.

Hate is destructive.

Beware of the Risen People

Let’s all take a step back on 12:31 - Feb 16 with 1901 viewsdobjack2

Let’s all take a step back on 12:15 - Feb 16 by MrSwerve

Ad hominem attacks are the backbone of any footballing debate.

That’s life though. Happens in all walks...I’m sure everyone has experienced someone in work calling someone else names behind their back.

The whole ‘Cooper is ugly’ thing is a bit childish and boring, but it’s hardly racism or anything as bad as that. Says more about the poster more than anything.

Should ad hominem attacks be the backbone of football debate?

If two people disagree is it right for one to call the other a tw@ or worse for disagreeing with them? Ad hominem attacks are an easy option to avoid discussing an issue properly.
Let’s all take a step back on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 1868 viewssainthelens

Let’s all take a step back on 12:30 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

I guess you understand that if Mclean had been born in the Hafod then he would see the world like you. Right ?

And if you had been born in Derry during the troubles then you might think like him. Right ?

Even Ian Paisley snr realised that continuing to hate and fight would never bring victory or peace.

We are all hostage to the past in one way or another, its only how we shape our futures thats in our hands.

Hate is destructive.

And of course you exchange pleasantries with Rangers fans yeah ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024