Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... 18:21 - Apr 20 with 784 viewstheloneranger

"First Minister Mark Drakeford's strategy for testing has come in for criticism again after he confirmed his government has abandoned a target of 5,000 tests a day by mid-April."

"He said at a press conference that he had given the figure in "good faith".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-politics-52356767

#TrustInMark

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:28 - Apr 20 with 758 viewsWhiterockin

Its very easy to slam politicians in the current climate. I genuinely believe they are all trying to do their best in a quickly changing, unprecedented situation. Its time for us to stick together and stop trying to score points.
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:30 - Apr 20 with 750 viewsHighjack

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:28 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

Its very easy to slam politicians in the current climate. I genuinely believe they are all trying to do their best in a quickly changing, unprecedented situation. Its time for us to stick together and stop trying to score points.

Yes and also it’s so hard to stay mad at Mark Drakeford because he’s so cuddly and cute.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:32 - Apr 20 with 747 viewsSwanjaxs

Hardly surprising when we have only just started testing over 500 in a day ...

What was that the WHO said weeks ago?.

TEST TEST TEST

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:36 - Apr 20 with 733 viewsbuilthjack

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:32 - Apr 20 by Swanjaxs

Hardly surprising when we have only just started testing over 500 in a day ...

What was that the WHO said weeks ago?.

TEST TEST TEST

Handcock will be next. They are just not testing enough. Two fingers to The WHO by the sounds of it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:41 - Apr 20 with 719 viewsdickythorpe

Why did we wait for the "WHO" to start the ball rolling?

Wales, Britain have been too slow.

There's this question on why are so many ethnics dying?

Easy to answer .......THEY ARE ON THE FRONT FAAAAHHHHKING LINE FFS!!!!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 18:45]
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:49 - Apr 20 with 690 viewsbuilthjack

Up to 21000 tests per day in England. A long way from the 100,000

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:53 - Apr 20 with 683 viewslondonlisa2001

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:36 - Apr 20 by builthjack

Handcock will be next. They are just not testing enough. Two fingers to The WHO by the sounds of it.

Testing is, with PPE and care homes, one of the areas of greatest shambles.

But at some point we’re going to have to decide whether the WHO are incompetent charlatans in the pocket of the Chinese, or ‘they who must be obeyed’. Because they can’t be both depending on whether we agree with any particular stance.
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:57 - Apr 20 with 663 viewslondonlisa2001

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:49 - Apr 20 by builthjack

Up to 21000 tests per day in England. A long way from the 100,000

Capacity is supposedly 39,000 or something like that. God knows why we are testing so few.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:58 - Apr 20 with 656 viewsdickythorpe

Why aren't we monitoring health anyway, we shouldn't be reliant on WHO.
This is the organisation that gave Robert Mugabe a "goodwill ambassador " role FFS!!!
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 19:03 - Apr 20 with 627 viewslondonlisa2001

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:58 - Apr 20 by dickythorpe

Why aren't we monitoring health anyway, we shouldn't be reliant on WHO.
This is the organisation that gave Robert Mugabe a "goodwill ambassador " role FFS!!!

I suspect, reading between the lines, our scientists don’t place much store in the WHO.

But can’t really say that as it’s all that developing countries have.
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 19:17 - Apr 20 with 604 viewsDr_Winston

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 18:28 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

First week in my first job I learned never to promise something I didn't have control over and thus couldn't be sure of delivering.

You're generally right though. Easy to sit there and snipe when people don't have access to the full story, but equally so Politicians should be smarter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 19:49 - Apr 20 with 545 viewssP7qupUf

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 19:17 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

First week in my first job I learned never to promise something I didn't have control over and thus couldn't be sure of delivering.

You're generally right though. Easy to sit there and snipe when people don't have access to the full story, but equally so Politicians should be smarter.

This with bells on.

Promising to deliver things that are very dependant on external factors is crazy. What is moe crazy is promising higher and higher numbers when there are problems with so many other aspects of the managing of the crisis. As the Archbishop of York said a few weeks ago on Question Time... "Promise less and deliver more".
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 20:17 - Apr 20 with 494 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 19:17 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

When I was called in to do a big repair job, first thing the plant manager wanted to know was, how long the job would take.

I'd roughly work it out in my head, add time just incase I miscalculated, then add time should there any snags, then give my approximate completion time.

If I finished early, I was a top man, if I was on time, I was also a top man.

If I overran (which was fairly seldom) I earned more money.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 20:28 - Apr 20 with 469 viewsdickythorpe

When anyone asks me "how long will it take you?"

I tell them "a bit longer now you delayed me with that question!!!"
Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 21:07 - Apr 20 with 413 viewsPentyrchJack

And he hashed up the testing deal with Roche before this (and the so called "agreement" has never been published).

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 21:36 - Apr 20 with 367 viewsmajorraglan

Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned ... on 21:07 - Apr 20 by PentyrchJack

And he hashed up the testing deal with Roche before this (and the so called "agreement" has never been published).

The collapse of the Roche deal was the hammer blow to the testing. The paperwork has neve4 been published, but the talk at the time was NHS England came in and took the tests. Probably outbid NHS Wales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024