Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Woodman 00:14 - Aug 18 with 1604 viewsKerouac

Why are we developing him to be Newcastle's keeper when that means not playing Benda who is our player, has had a successful loan and is reportedly being watched by a Prem club?

Anyone?

I don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Freddie Woodman on 04:19 - Aug 18 with 1565 viewsChief

I agree to an extent, but Benda does only have 1 season under his belt and that was in league 2.

If any prem clubs are interested, it won't be for him to play now, it'll be to loan out for future use.

Its probably safe to say that currently Woodman is the better more experienced keeper. Our defensive record last season was decent & with our inexperienced squad in other positions, maybe Woody's relative experience edges it.

Maybe a bigger picture too, these loans are obviously very important to us, if we can be seen to improve them, premier league managers might continue to trust us with them.

I also believe that if we were to go up, Woodman would sign permanently.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Freddie Woodman on 08:29 - Aug 18 with 1506 viewsBadlands

Spot on.
We have an academy so use it to develop our own players.
Woodman started well but another who went backwards as the season progressed.
I would rather have kept Mulder with Benda as backup.
Mulder, given a series of games would have quickly got up to speed and his distribution speed and accuracy was worth the worth of an extra defender.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Freddie Woodman on 09:22 - Aug 18 with 1478 viewsChief

Freddie Woodman on 08:29 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Spot on.
We have an academy so use it to develop our own players.
Woodman started well but another who went backwards as the season progressed.
I would rather have kept Mulder with Benda as backup.
Mulder, given a series of games would have quickly got up to speed and his distribution speed and accuracy was worth the worth of an extra defender.

While I also thought Mulder was decent, he's probably been on wages larger than we'd like to pay.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Freddie Woodman on 10:55 - Aug 18 with 1425 viewsCatullus

Freddie Woodman on 04:19 - Aug 18 by Chief

I agree to an extent, but Benda does only have 1 season under his belt and that was in league 2.

If any prem clubs are interested, it won't be for him to play now, it'll be to loan out for future use.

Its probably safe to say that currently Woodman is the better more experienced keeper. Our defensive record last season was decent & with our inexperienced squad in other positions, maybe Woody's relative experience edges it.

Maybe a bigger picture too, these loans are obviously very important to us, if we can be seen to improve them, premier league managers might continue to trust us with them.

I also believe that if we were to go up, Woodman would sign permanently.

Woodman has signed a new, long term contract though. Benda has been out on loan to get experience and, how much first team experience did Woodman have before coming here?

I thought Coopers mandate was to bring youth through, but our youth not another teams youth?
Loans should only be used when needed, not as a strategy. If we have players here who might be good enough then use them.

I wonder what Woodmans wages are and how much of them we are paying?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Freddie Woodman on 11:47 - Aug 18 with 1405 viewstheloneranger

Freddie Woodman on 10:55 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Woodman has signed a new, long term contract though. Benda has been out on loan to get experience and, how much first team experience did Woodman have before coming here?

I thought Coopers mandate was to bring youth through, but our youth not another teams youth?
Loans should only be used when needed, not as a strategy. If we have players here who might be good enough then use them.

Freddie had played in 39 first team matches before he signed for us. Last season he played in 43 matches for us.

Plus he's played in another 56 International matches for England U16's - U21's.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 11:50]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Freddie Woodman on 12:22 - Aug 18 with 1370 viewsBadlands

I know reports are often inaccurate but so far it appears Wood man has been on £3,000 a week; Benda c£1,700,
Mulder £12,000 before he was released!!!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Freddie Woodman on 12:39 - Aug 18 with 1369 viewshobo

Woodman's the perfect signing. Benda's not ready for the first team yet, so get him another season under his belt, hopefully at L1 level or above and see how he does. Woodman knows the team, and will be an excellent stop gap for a year until Benda is ready
Freddie Woodman on 13:37 - Aug 18 with 1340 viewsjasper_T

Benda's had a more successful season out on loan than any Woodman had before joining us. Displaced an experienced goalkeeper and led his side to the title. They love him at Swindon and deservedly so. Only a year and a half younger than Woodman, he's not some underdeveloped academy kid.

Woodman feels like a safe bet as a loan for the position, we know he can hack it but he's nothing remarkable either.
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Woodman on 14:04 - Aug 18 with 1320 viewsFlashberryjack

Apparently there's been a few clubs sniffing around Benda, maybe we're intending to sell if a tidy offer comes in.

I like Freddie BTW.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Freddie Woodman on 14:17 - Aug 18 with 1319 viewsCatullus

Freddie Woodman on 14:04 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

Apparently there's been a few clubs sniffing around Benda, maybe we're intending to sell if a tidy offer comes in.

I like Freddie BTW.

That's my concern, what if Benda gets fed up of being out on loan and decides to go somewhere he's been promised a starting berth? Swindon love him apparently. If Benda is good enough why not try him out? Apart from anything else it will possibly save us money? Benda is a little bit taller and bigger and he's 2 years younger.

This comment by Woodman - "I see myself as a Newcastle player and my ultimate goal is to be the Newcastle number one, so hopefully I can do that." is enough to have me repeating that we should be giving our player his chance.

I don't see how we can afford to sell Benda either, we've gone from having too many keepers to having 2. Our squad is hardly overstocked in a few areas. Should we get promoted we would only be allowed 2 EPL players on loan, are we going to be bvorrowing lower league players to flesh our squad out?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Freddie Woodman on 12:18 - Aug 20 with 1104 viewsKGriz16

Freddie Woodman on 12:22 - Aug 18 by Badlands

I know reports are often inaccurate but so far it appears Wood man has been on £3,000 a week; Benda c£1,700,
Mulder £12,000 before he was released!!!!!

£12,000 !!!!!! No wonder we were up sh*ts creek.
Freddie Woodman on 12:25 - Aug 20 with 1101 viewsHighjack

Freddie Woodman on 12:18 - Aug 20 by KGriz16

That would have been chicken feed when we signed him. If we ever go up again we must make sure that no player signs without a relegation clause.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Freddie Woodman on 13:09 - Aug 20 with 1094 viewsjasper_T

Freddie Woodman on 12:18 - Aug 20 by KGriz16

Those numbers come from the Football Manager games, not reality.
Freddie Woodman on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 1018 viewsCatullus

Freddie Woodman on 13:09 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Those numbers come from the Football Manager games, not reality.

Is this real?

https://footballleaguefc.com/swansea-city-2019-20-player-wages/

Freddie Woodman on 17:50 - Aug 20 with 991 viewsjasper_T

Freddie Woodman on 17:04 - Aug 20 by Catullus

Is this real?

https://footballleaguefc.com/swansea-city-2019-20-player-wages/

They're almost definitely pulling numbers from Football Manager as one of their "reliable sources", or referencing other websites that do. Most of those figures are exactly the same as numbers I made up to make a video game work properly. So either I'm some form of psychic or...

Footballer wage figures aren't publicly available in the UK (unlike Italy, for example) and except for the very rare leak any number you see online is guesswork or taken from newspaper gossip.
Freddie Woodman on 17:51 - Aug 20 with 990 viewsHighjack

Freddie Woodman on 17:50 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

They're almost definitely pulling numbers from Football Manager as one of their "reliable sources", or referencing other websites that do. Most of those figures are exactly the same as numbers I made up to make a video game work properly. So either I'm some form of psychic or...

Footballer wage figures aren't publicly available in the UK (unlike Italy, for example) and except for the very rare leak any number you see online is guesswork or taken from newspaper gossip.

Not true. There used to be a poster on here who had access to all of the contracts that were left lying around in unlocked filing cabinets in the FAW.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Freddie Woodman on 22:17 - Aug 20 with 922 viewsOptimisticJack

Freddie Woodman on 17:51 - Aug 20 by Highjack

Not true. There used to be a poster on here who had access to all of the contracts that were left lying around in unlocked filing cabinets in the FAW.

Not at all surprised considering Nordveldt was on 16k a week - Fact.
Oh - how Huw truly loved his keepers.
Our Huw, ex Swansea Senior league keeper.
Master class!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 22:19]

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024