Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's boxing 23:22 - Aug 22 with 707 viewsKerouac

What do you think about it?

I watched Katie Taylor Vs Rose Volante the other night, it was the first time I ever watched women's boxing, and Katie Taylor was superb.
In terms of skill it was a joy to watch and she was very humble afterwards despite winning every round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Women's boxing on 23:35 - Aug 22 with 684 viewsProfessor

She is an exceptional fighter. What little I have seen is usually high on skill, but a little less on power. Like cricket, the quality is high, but a slightly different sport than the men’s game.
Women's boxing on 23:37 - Aug 22 with 676 viewslifelong

I don’t like it, simply don’t like to see two women beating shit out of each other.
Women's boxing on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 572 viewshowenjack

Women's boxing on 23:37 - Aug 22 by lifelong

I don’t like it, simply don’t like to see two women beating shit out of each other.

I thought Taylor was very lucky to win - her opponent was on the front foot 90% of the fight.
Povetkins ko of White reminded me of Jersey Joe Walcott's ko of Ezzard Charles -
See below 21m 48 secs in -You won't see a better ko punch in boxing.

Women's boxing on 18:22 - Aug 23 with 564 viewsshingle

They are skilled and deserve to be respected, only drawback in woman's Boxing is at the moment there is little quality opposition at top level, now the UFC is another matter the woman are awesome athletes, with very high skill levels, and there are plenty of top fighters out there, in a fight it would be highly unlikely that Katie Taylor would last more than 2 minutes with most of those girls.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 18:23]
Women's boxing on 19:16 - Aug 23 with 541 viewsFlashberryjack

I've nothing against women boxing if that's what they enjoy, but I just don't like it, so I don't watch it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Women's boxing on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 474 viewsCatullus

I used to watch boxing quite a bit when Calzaghe was in his prime but to be honest, I don't really enjoy it that much. I can't stand cricket either.

Football, rugby and golf (I own up to being purely a highlights watcher though) are my top 3 but I used to enjoy the touring cars racing too.

It's sexist I know but I'll take Paige Spiranac over Katie Taylor any day. Come to that Womens football may be lower on quality but it's far more honest than the mens game and far fewer women roll around crying like babies after a heavy tackle too, they get up and get on with it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Women's boxing on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 448 viewscontroversial_jack

Women's boxing on 18:22 - Aug 23 by shingle

They are skilled and deserve to be respected, only drawback in woman's Boxing is at the moment there is little quality opposition at top level, now the UFC is another matter the woman are awesome athletes, with very high skill levels, and there are plenty of top fighters out there, in a fight it would be highly unlikely that Katie Taylor would last more than 2 minutes with most of those girls.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 18:23]

The skill sets and techniques are different. Boxing is quite limited really against these fighters
Women's boxing on 17:32 - Aug 24 with 440 viewsbritferry

Its not the same watching 2 women fighting, unless they are both armed with stilettos, pulling each others hair and rolling around on the floor of Wind St

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Women's boxing on 17:34 - Aug 24 with 439 viewspencoedjack

Women's boxing on 23:37 - Aug 22 by lifelong

Feel the same as you.
Women's boxing on 22:56 - Aug 24 with 395 viewsKilkennyjack

Up to the fighters.

The competition will get better.
Elite level is already good to watch.

In any boxing, then knowing the fighters generates interest.

This is only going to get bigger and better. Get used to it.

Beware of the Risen People

Women's boxing on 23:32 - Aug 24 with 383 viewsAndyCole

Women's boxing on 22:56 - Aug 24 by Kilkennyjack

Up to the fighters.

The competition will get better.
Elite level is already good to watch.

In any boxing, then knowing the fighters generates interest.

This is only going to get bigger and better. Get used to it.

"bigger and better", with each jab of testosterone

A freak show, albeit an entertaining one

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024