Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? 10:04 - Oct 13 with 2528 viewspikeypaul

And should spending on it take priority over the essentials in life ?

Also should Bojos handouts like Winter Fuel Allowance be used to buy the grand kids toys or to keep oneself warm?

No doubt some will say yes to the above and they are totally entitled to their opinion, like all of us, but others may reason its why so many struggle this time of year.

If these realities of individuals decisions and responsibility or lack of on their expenditure upsets some please ignore the thread and move on.

Thanks in advance.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 10:28]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:05 - Oct 13 with 1362 viewsHighjack

I genuinely hate Christmas. Christmas can go bugger itself.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:17 - Oct 13 with 1355 viewsonehunglow

Those who spend the most proportion of their income on Christmas are often the very poorest in society.
Christmas is a marketing tool to fleece people of money they dont have.

It is without doubt the most grotesque time of year. Religion is absolutely absent from all of this as is Peace on Earth and cringing carols.

Kids often enjoy unwrapping more than a present which after a few days is often ignored then sold off a few years later on e bay or the local boot ale (remember them)

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:24 - Oct 13 with 1350 viewspikeypaul

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:05 - Oct 13 by Highjack

I genuinely hate Christmas. Christmas can go bugger itself.

I expect a lot do Highjack given the debt and misery it puts some of the not so well off in .

Most probably think they are obliged and have to spend money they do not have out of tradition and keeping up with the Jones’s, seems strange but hey if it floats their boat who am I to say they should not run up large debt for it.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:25 - Oct 13 with 1345 viewspikeypaul

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:17 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Those who spend the most proportion of their income on Christmas are often the very poorest in society.
Christmas is a marketing tool to fleece people of money they dont have.

It is without doubt the most grotesque time of year. Religion is absolutely absent from all of this as is Peace on Earth and cringing carols.

Kids often enjoy unwrapping more than a present which after a few days is often ignored then sold off a few years later on e bay or the local boot ale (remember them)

Boot ale ?

Is that drinking out of your Dr Martens?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 10:27]

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:28 - Oct 13 with 1338 viewsonehunglow

Its for all of us pikey to take the pressure of those who feel obliged to fork out for unwanted drivel for presents.

Me and mrs have long since topped buying what we dont need at xmas. I ask my siblings to donate to Claire House rather than end anything at all my may.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:35 - Oct 13 with 1329 viewspikeypaul

Your ‘s’ key is ticking.

Pretty much the ame regarding gift.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 10:37]

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:47 - Oct 13 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

I know.lol.I took the keyboard apart and it's the result.

I have to use my fingers properly.

Stick with me.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:52 - Oct 13 with 1316 viewsProfessor

No- ridiculous pressure placed on people to spend on unneeded things. One big present for the boy and clothes etc for my daughter.

For seem reason where I grew up (Rhondda) there is a ridiculous amount spent-total excess and most of it on crap. Will spend more on food etc. as a family celebration but certainly not breaking the bank.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:56 - Oct 13 with 1315 viewsonehunglow

My mum's parents had Advocaat and Cyprus Sherry and song around the piano by my brilliant pianist uncle. I knew all Peggy Lee songs before I passed the 11+. I also learned to play "Laura" . They had no TV . They talked-yeah talked . Had nothing as my grandad was injured in the Docks and basically lost interest in living until he drifted away. Chritmas was a respite as he had family around and especially me,as I was his favourite. They spoiled me -by getting hold of some Tangerines-My Christmas Present from them.

True strory

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:17 - Oct 13 with 1305 viewsCatullus

We've never gotten heavily into debt for Christmas though we have spent what we can afford. We have one son which helps.
4 Christmases back, after a bit of an argument about Santa and presents not costing us anything (he was 8) I told him the truth, there is no jolly man in a red suit clambering down our chimney leaving presents because he's been good.
Since then we've had an agreement, he tells us what he wants and he can have what we can afford. He hasn't asked for very much since and usually it's one big present, something worthwhile and not very much else besides things he actually needs, so clothes, shoes/trainers.
This year he is hoping for a PS5 but nothing else, he says he'll save pocket money to buy games.
If it's like last year, we'll get the board games out, play cards, watch a few films. We won't even eat too much though we will be well stocked with the nice stuff!

On a personal level we love Christmas but we hate what it's become on a commercial level. People have decorations up already, shops are already putting Christmas stuff on shelves, it won't be long until the songs are on the radio and films on tv, that should all wait until December 1st in our opinion. Christmas starting in October has just made it samey and boring.
When we see stuff about parents hwo buy their kids insane amounts of presents it drives us spare. Christmas isn't about matrial gain, or it shouldn't be. It should be about sharing, about looking after loved ones and helping those less fortunate.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:24 - Oct 13 with 1298 viewsonehunglow

The spirit of Christmas has long gone Cat. It is purely commercial now.

Same with Easter ,equally groteque.

Oh for a truly secular society.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:26 - Oct 13 with 1295 viewsProfessor

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:17 - Oct 13 by Catullus

We've never gotten heavily into debt for Christmas though we have spent what we can afford. We have one son which helps.
4 Christmases back, after a bit of an argument about Santa and presents not costing us anything (he was 8) I told him the truth, there is no jolly man in a red suit clambering down our chimney leaving presents because he's been good.
Since then we've had an agreement, he tells us what he wants and he can have what we can afford. He hasn't asked for very much since and usually it's one big present, something worthwhile and not very much else besides things he actually needs, so clothes, shoes/trainers.
This year he is hoping for a PS5 but nothing else, he says he'll save pocket money to buy games.
If it's like last year, we'll get the board games out, play cards, watch a few films. We won't even eat too much though we will be well stocked with the nice stuff!

On a personal level we love Christmas but we hate what it's become on a commercial level. People have decorations up already, shops are already putting Christmas stuff on shelves, it won't be long until the songs are on the radio and films on tv, that should all wait until December 1st in our opinion. Christmas starting in October has just made it samey and boring.
When we see stuff about parents hwo buy their kids insane amounts of presents it drives us spare. Christmas isn't about matrial gain, or it shouldn't be. It should be about sharing, about looking after loved ones and helping those less fortunate.

PS5 ordered. Paid for by my son himself through saving pocket money, birthday money and doing some tasks for cash like stripping wallpaper helping demolish our old shed. Fair play to him. Took a year but he got enough.
Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:29 - Oct 13 with 1289 viewsonehunglow

Stripping wallpaper.That is almost social services stuff. I hope you gave him a steam stripping device and not have him use one of those useless triangular scrapers.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 12:53 - Oct 13 with 1265 viewspikeypaul

Great post by Catullus

If only others had his sense and family values.

I take my hat off to you and your son, sir.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 12:55]

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 12:55 - Oct 13 with 1258 viewsonehunglow

Pikey.

You get some shocking stick on here and Im not in agreement with much what you post but you've created a cracking thread that should be read by all.

Well done

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 1250 viewspikeypaul

It’s water off a ducks back and the terrorist supporting, remoaner , leftie losers go straight on ignore, leaving the idiots getting wound up and talking to themselves, what they do then is just run to the mods frustrated and 😭 like children. They seem to think anyone that disagrees with them should be banned, typical of the left these days.

Anyway we don’t want to take this thread off track let’s stay on topic, but yes I expect some of the losers will still try to abuse me since they can give it but not take it.I suspect some are still bitter about having to accept democracy, but hey that’s their problem.

OUT

AFLI

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 1250 viewsProfessor

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:29 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Stripping wallpaper.That is almost social services stuff. I hope you gave him a steam stripping device and not have him use one of those useless triangular scrapers.

No-proper scraping. Last remnants of blown vinyl on our stairs. Impermeable to the steamer. He did it all fair play and was hard graft
Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:37 - Oct 13 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

Blown vinyl!.

Wow.

My old fella had flock wallpaper and when the house was sold after he died,I ctually felt sorry for the developers who bought the property.It went up circa 1966.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:47 - Oct 13 with 1221 viewswaynekerr55

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 10:47 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

I know.lol.I took the keyboard apart and it's the result.

I have to use my fingers properly.

Stick with me.

An Aldi KiSbOyD gone 'rongue

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:50 - Oct 13 with 1219 viewswaynekerr55

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 12:55 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Pikey.

You get some shocking stick on here and Im not in agreement with much what you post but you've created a cracking thread that should be read by all.

Well done

Seconded. I need a lie down...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:53 - Oct 13 with 1217 viewsonehunglow

Lie down? You should be warking hard.

Welcome back Mr Kerr

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:58 - Oct 13 with 1215 viewschad

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 13:53 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Lie down? You should be warking hard.

Welcome back Mr Kerr

Is to an o or an n you are missing there!
Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 14:05 - Oct 13 with 1213 viewschad

I woulda say it is easier to choose not to go overboard at Christmas, if you could actually afford to if you wanted. If that makes any sense.
Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 14:08 - Oct 13 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

It's a little levity between me ol mucker wayne.

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 14:59 - Oct 13 with 1190 viewsCatullus

Is Christmas worth getting into heavy debt for? on 11:26 - Oct 13 by Professor

PS5 ordered. Paid for by my son himself through saving pocket money, birthday money and doing some tasks for cash like stripping wallpaper helping demolish our old shed. Fair play to him. Took a year but he got enough.

Our son helps around the house, helps with cooking but not the washing up! He helps with shopping.
One of the key rules is, he can have what he asks for at Christmas, within reason, as long as his school reports are good and he's working hard. He's knuckled down with his homework too.
Decorating, I doubt he'd strip wallpaper but he did help paint his bedroom.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024