Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread THE FALL OUT 14:46 - Dec 17 with 8066 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday 19th December 2020
Kick off 3pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials
ANDY DAVIES
Graham Kane and Mark Russell
Fourth Official : Tom Reeves

First ever game
05 Dec 1925 : Barnsley 2 Swansea Town 0 : League Division Two

Last game
29 Dec 2019: Swansea City 0 Barnsley 0 : League Championship

Meet the Ref
Andy Davies

Andy meets Olly
Andy boy has been a referee for eight years, retiring from football at the age of 28 he previously played for Portsmouth, Yeovil and somebody else I can’t remember. In his spare time Andy oven roasts live turkeys, which at this time of year makes him everyone’s friend except people from Turkey. Now hear this, now hear this, he has reffed well over 200 professional games, and only on six occasions has he not booked players. He booked eight in a game between Cardiff and Villa two years ago, no problems there, but he loves a card, it’s frightening. He sends players off far more than any other referee in the professional leagues, he has been the subject of many complaints by managers, fans and hits the headlines a lot with his decision making. Don’t think that those eight yellows at Cardiff are a one off, he regularly hits the five or six mark, and frighteningly seven. And as we have said he has only completed six games with no cards, from well over 200 GAMES, think about it. This guy has a way of changing games. This will be cardo’s fifth swans game he has been allocated. What will we get on Saturday ?

Turkey rustler Andy Davies, frightening card stats

What is a Barnsley ?
Barnsley is a hedonistic town in the north of the north. It’s a regular haunting for the likes of ghosts and Darren Gob from Talk Sport. Dazza Gobba is from Monk Breton in Barnsley and we will come back to that later. He alleges that he was once offered a pro football contract by Rotherham United. So, now it’s later why Monk Breton ? simple, it’s where Garry Monk was born, when they slapped his arse in the delivery room they noticed he was wearing an expensive watch and his wife took it off him. Barnsley is famous for the amount of magic mushrooms that can be located over a specific acre of field in a secret area everyone knows about just outside the town. In 2011 the Barnsley chop was banned in the town, the chop is a piece of meat, a cut close to the spine of an animal. At this point the animal is dead, or nearly dead, sometimes it is very dead. The Barnsley chop isn’t banned in Monk Breton and Gawber. Gawber is now called that name because someone in the past decided that would be a good idea. The name remains.

Barnsleh ! was the first English town to cater for people with no heads in the T-shirt game

92,000 people live in that Barnsley where the favourite pastime of locals aged forty and over is playing in brass bands. Only 1% of the population is Asian before you lot start, but it does have countless white people of British birth, I don’t know why I am going here, but why not ? it’s a fact. The town isn’t as multi cultural as Whitland or maybe Kenfif Hill, but who is caring ? Don’t start your nonsense on here or I’ll offer you out. Ok ?

Thingy, you know the umpire bloke and Michael Parkinson who actually came round our house once are from Barnsley. That’s about it, only five people who live there are called Lee Barnes.

This is Darren Gobs house in Barnsley, it’s got a lovely paint job. Tha knaws

Football news may appear later.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Viktor Gyokeres, Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Oli Cooper, Kasey Palmer.

Referee: Andy Davies

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 10:50 - Dec 18 with 2083 viewsSwans9

Barnsley have won their last 3 games 2 1 I will go 2 1 Swans. Come on Swans let's get the show back on the road.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Dec 18 with 2044 viewsonehunglow

Very doubtful about this game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:46 - Dec 18 with 2040 viewsBadlands

As some our players looked mentally and physically drained maybe they should be rested
Benda
Naughton Ben JoLsat Manning
..Palmer ...Grimes ....Fulton
Lowe.............:::............Routledge
.................Viktor

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:59 - Dec 18 with 2037 viewsonehunglow

Amen to that.
Ayew need a rest for sure.As for Grimes,just leave him out so he can go shopping .

I d start Cullen and VG and fire them up before hand. Not sure whether super Steve can do this though

(No subject) on 13:05 - Dec 18 with 2035 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:59 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Amen to that.
Ayew need a rest for sure.As for Grimes,just leave him out so he can go shopping .

I d start Cullen and VG and fire them up before hand. Not sure whether super Steve can do this though

could do ... and Dhanda in place of Grimes!

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 14:36 - Dec 18 with 1994 viewsChief

What has Gyorkeres shown anyone to prove hes worthy of a start!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Dec 18 with 1989 views34dfgdf54

Tomorrow is a day where you could make a lot of cash on Barnsley

Sorry to bring negativity to the forum but they’ve won 4 of last 5, played on an absolute cabbage patch with horrendous weather also expected.

Do not fancy us one bit.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:01 - Dec 18 with 1981 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 14:36 - Dec 18 by Chief

Not much.There again ,that applies to many others,especially our goalkeeper who is lucky to have avoided several goals being scored against him by sheer bad luck.Derby could have had a hatful. If ever a player needed ending back to his club it's Woodman-an appalling loan signing.

VG should be given an ultmatum to get the feck out there and perform.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Dec 18 with 1975 viewsChief

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:01 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Not much.There again ,that applies to many others,especially our goalkeeper who is lucky to have avoided several goals being scored against him by sheer bad luck.Derby could have had a hatful. If ever a player needed ending back to his club it's Woodman-an appalling loan signing.

VG should be given an ultmatum to get the feck out there and perform.

You are very prone to an overreaction fair play.

I'm not convinced that Woodman is very good myself. But our defensive record speaks for itself. He deserves the benefit of the doubt based on that alone.

Can we just ultimatum the whole squad then? Maybe we'd win every game.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 18 with 1969 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Dec 18 by Chief

I'm not convinced that Woodman is very good myself. But our defensive record speaks for itself. He deserves the benefit of the doubt based on that alone.

Fair play, you too express your views which I welcome.The fact I see things differently i neither here nor there.You have a point although mot of the team are busting a gut especially Lowe who gets subbed regularly being replaced by Routledge. I laid off legend wayne as it's almost Christmas.

I stand by every word,butt.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Dec 18 with 1955 viewsChief

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Fair play, you too express your views which I welcome.The fact I see things differently i neither here nor there.You have a point although mot of the team are busting a gut especially Lowe who gets subbed regularly being replaced by Routledge. I laid off legend wayne as it's almost Christmas.

I stand by every word,butt.

'appalling loan signing'

Matthew Rees, Lee Fieldwick, Renato Sanches and Alvaro Vazquez were appalling loan signings.

A goalkeeper with 10 clean sheets in 18 matches doesn't come close.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Dec 18 with 1951 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Dec 18 by Chief

'appalling loan signing'

Matthew Rees, Lee Fieldwick, Renato Sanches and Alvaro Vazquez were appalling loan signings.

A goalkeeper with 10 clean sheets in 18 matches doesn't come close.

Chief.
Ive explained why many of those clean sheets are in spite of him and not because of him.

He has been lucky but he could well be found out soon .

Several goals have seen him motionless in attempts to save. Appalling.

Those that you mentioned are not in dispute.They have gone.Fred is still here.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 23:56 - Dec 18 with 1806 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Dec 18 by Chief

It would be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt for looking shaky every time he has a rare bit of work to do if he wasn't quiet as a mouse as well. He organising our defence by telepathy?

Benda should be given a few games now so we can figure out how much we need Woodman ahead of January. And to, you know, develop our own asset so he doesn't jump ship for peanuts when West Brom come calling again.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Dec 18 with 1803 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 14:36 - Dec 18 by Chief

Hardly given much of a chance.
Give him a few games to get used to those around him.
Lowe hasn't been a force playing out of position - busy but has a very poor record of taking chances and hasn't made a single assist.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 08:01 - Dec 19 with 1764 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 23:56 - Dec 18 by jasper_T

It would be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt for looking shaky every time he has a rare bit of work to do if he wasn't quiet as a mouse as well. He organising our defence by telepathy?

Benda should be given a few games now so we can figure out how much we need Woodman ahead of January. And to, you know, develop our own asset so he doesn't jump ship for peanuts when West Brom come calling again.

Roger summed it up in his article.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 08:17 - Dec 19 with 1757 viewsChief

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Dec 18 by Badlands

Hardly given much of a chance.
Give him a few games to get used to those around him.
Lowe hasn't been a force playing out of position - busy but has a very poor record of taking chances and hasn't made a single assist.

Self fulfilling prophecy. If Gyorkeres had shown anything in the 10 odd games he'd have played maybe he'd start more. Just don't know what he adds, at least Cullen and Lowe keep defenders busy despite not being prolific goalscorers.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 10:32 - Dec 19 with 1714 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 23:56 - Dec 18 by jasper_T

Which is my point.Goalkeeper should be the most vociferous in a team;one who organises his defenders and bullies them if necessary.Woodman is simply a sick joke in this regard. He is silent and puts all the pressure on those in front of him while he remains stuck on his line . Several teams have had shots hitting the woodwork with this clown a picture of pathos as he looks on in bewilderment at it all. He does nothing if it means he might get slightly hurt,is a poor shot saver,a terrible distributor of a ball. What are his fans tinking when ,after taking an age with the ball at his feet, he then kicks it straight into touch.

I defy anyone to look in the mirror and say they feel comfortable when he is under even the slightest pressure.

The very first that should be shipped out ,(ideally);the first and most important position in a good team.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Dec 19 with 1701 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 08:17 - Dec 19 by Chief

Self fulfilling prophecy. If Gyorkeres had shown anything in the 10 odd games he'd have played maybe he'd start more. Just don't know what he adds, at least Cullen and Lowe keep defenders busy despite not being prolific goalscorers.

The one shot at goal doesn’t help Viktor.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 11:32 - Dec 19 with 1680 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:46 - Dec 18 by Badlands

As some our players looked mentally and physically drained maybe they should be rested
Benda
Naughton Ben JoLsat Manning
..Palmer ...Grimes ....Fulton
Lowe.............:::............Routledge
.................Viktor

Routledge to start?
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 11:50 - Dec 19 with 1666 viewsBadlands

Why not?
With Dhanda he's the only creative player we have.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:16 - Dec 19 with 1658 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 11:50 - Dec 19 by Badlands

Why not?
With Dhanda he's the only creative player we have.

Play dhanda then,every time before wayne
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:18 - Dec 19 with 1657 viewsChief

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Dec 19 by KeithHaynes

The one shot at goal doesn’t help Viktor.

Nor does the countless times he's meekly surrendered possession or declined to put in a teammate in a better position than himself

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:50 - Dec 19 with 1636 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:18 - Dec 19 by Chief

Nor does the countless times he's meekly surrendered possession or declined to put in a teammate in a better position than himself

In fairness to him he needs to be given a run to prove himself as for not putting his team mate in,that what happens when centre forwards are trying hard to prove themselves with the odd ten minutes here and there they become selfish,because they are trying too hard to score
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 1626 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:50 - Dec 19 by angryjack

In fairness to him he needs to be given a run to prove himself as for not putting his team mate in,that what happens when centre forwards are trying hard to prove themselves with the odd ten minutes here and there they become selfish,because they are trying too hard to score

I dont agree with regarding lowe but I am in total agreement with re gyokeres, he needs more than the odd 10 every three games to prove himself, ffs potter bought him for a PL club so there must be a striker in there somewhere.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 13:36 - Dec 19 with 1609 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread on 12:18 - Dec 19 by Chief

Could have something to do with him, a striker, being played as a winger / wide and wingers / wide players Lowe and Ayew being played as strikers.
Until he's given a fair run as first choice it really is hard to tell what Viktor is capable of.
But to my mind Lowe's 363 minutes per goal involvement is less impressive than Gyökeres' 257.
Lowe really hasn't done much to warrant 'first name' on the team sheet status.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 13:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024