Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Can Beat Man City 08:10 - Jan 24 with 1429 viewsGlastonbury

If we play our strongest side and Pep still rings the changes !! And then who knows ! Confidence is very high throughout the squad and when you have a happy camp u will work that much harder for each other.
We Can Beat Man City on 08:54 - Jan 24 with 1400 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally, he can put out a full,side, this time we won’t make any mistakes, maybe 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

We Can Beat Man City on 09:00 - Jan 24 with 1397 viewsThornburyswan

7 matches in Feb & both Brentford & Norwich to play before that game - that said I’d expect a decent starting 11.
We Can Beat Man City on 09:30 - Jan 24 with 1366 viewsWhiterockin

First name on the team sheet should be Connor Roberts, Man City don't seem to be very good defending the long throw.
We Can Beat Man City on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 1323 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We Can Beat Man City on 09:30 - Jan 24 by Whiterockin

First name on the team sheet should be Connor Roberts, Man City don't seem to be very good defending the long throw.

To be fair I think he is anyway - a testimony to his athleticism and maturity this year. In the top 3 for player of the season for me easily.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We Can Beat Man City on 10:21 - Jan 24 with 1312 viewspencoedjack

We Can Beat Man City on 10:13 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair I think he is anyway - a testimony to his athleticism and maturity this year. In the top 3 for player of the season for me easily.

Connor Roberts is fuking awesome.
We Can Beat Man City on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 1305 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 10:21 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

Connor Roberts is fuking awesome.

He has always been a solid pro but lately he has noticeably stepped up.

Seen by some as a big mouth and a whinger too.

One to tie down and he can carry on his carpentry hobby in his home area. Plenty of timber out there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We Can Beat Man City on 10:29 - Jan 24 with 1301 viewsCatullus

We Can Beat Man City on 10:13 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree, previously he had seemed a bit petulant, too happy to hit the floor and scream at the ref. This season he has grown into a much better version. He works very hard, He's quick, he can cross, he's making better choices and he's eager to get on the scoresheet too, not scared to have a go. His long throws are just a bonus, an extra weapon in our armoury. With Hourihanes set pieces and Roberts long throws we are a threat from anywhere in the oppo's third of the pitch.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

We Can Beat Man City on 10:31 - Jan 24 with 1296 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 10:29 - Jan 24 by Catullus

I agree, previously he had seemed a bit petulant, too happy to hit the floor and scream at the ref. This season he has grown into a much better version. He works very hard, He's quick, he can cross, he's making better choices and he's eager to get on the scoresheet too, not scared to have a go. His long throws are just a bonus, an extra weapon in our armoury. With Hourihanes set pieces and Roberts long throws we are a threat from anywhere in the oppo's third of the pitch.

This could turn out to be a pleasant day here

Login to get fewer ads

We Can Beat Man City on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 1294 viewsBadlands

Depends on the ref. We would have beaten them last time but for shockingly poor decisions.
This time? Don't think so.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We Can Beat Man City on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 1287 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 10:34 - Jan 24 by Badlands

Depends on the ref. We would have beaten them last time but for shockingly poor decisions.

Still rankles doesn't it.Worst example of ineptitude/conspiracy on a football field you will see.

We Can Beat Man City on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 1284 viewsWhiterockin

We Can Beat Man City on 10:34 - Jan 24 by Badlands

Is VAR in place for all 5th round games or is that the case from the quarter finals.
We Can Beat Man City on 11:01 - Jan 24 with 1251 viewsDr_Parnassus

Replicating our performance last time we played them will be tough, even though we are now a better side and they aren't what they were. Something clicked for us that match, sickening to lose that way.

I expect Pep will play a fairly strong side regardless of more important matches around it. We will need to be on it and they will need to be a bit lackluster, then we have a chance. As good as we are this season relative to our league, they are an incredible side.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

We Can Beat Man City on 11:06 - Jan 24 with 1245 viewsBoundy

We Can Beat Man City on 10:38 - Jan 24 by Whiterockin

Is VAR in place for all 5th round games or is that the case from the quarter finals.

VAR is only available at PL grounds , so lets hope for clear decisions , either way

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

We Can Beat Man City on 11:06 - Jan 24 with 1246 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 11:01 - Jan 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Replicating our performance last time we played them will be tough, even though we are now a better side and they aren't what they were. Something clicked for us that match, sickening to lose that way.

I expect Pep will play a fairly strong side regardless of more important matches around it. We will need to be on it and they will need to be a bit lackluster, then we have a chance. As good as we are this season relative to our league, they are an incredible side.

They have improved dramatically,which is bad new for us but never mind

We Can Beat Man City on 11:24 - Jan 24 with 1231 viewsFireboy2

As Dr P said, we are better than the last time, they will have a strong side no matter who they put out but they will be inexperienced in cup ties, a cup tie where we will be well up for it and for this reason I can see us doing it.shame there will be no fans there as that would be like an extra two men.
We Can Beat Man City on 11:32 - Jan 24 with 1217 viewsDr_Parnassus

We Can Beat Man City on 11:06 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

They have improved dramatically,which is bad new for us but never mind

Man City won the league that year (when we lost to them in the Cup) on 98 points. 2.57 points per game average.

They then lost the league to Liverpool averaging a 2.13 points per game ratio the following season.

So far this season they are averaging 2.11 points per game.

Improved dramatically they have not, they are quite clearly declining since our last meeting. But their quality is still off the scale and they have hit a patch of form.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 11:34]

We Can Beat Man City on 11:40 - Jan 24 with 1194 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 11:32 - Jan 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Man City won the league that year (when we lost to them in the Cup) on 98 points. 2.57 points per game average.

They then lost the league to Liverpool averaging a 2.13 points per game ratio the following season.

Improved dramatically they have not, they are quite clearly declining since our last meeting. But their quality is still off the scale and they have hit a patch of form.

Really.
OK then,Doc.

We Can Beat Man City on 11:43 - Jan 24 with 1193 viewsThornburyswan

We Can Beat Man City on 11:32 - Jan 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Good summary Dr - they (& Liverpool at times) can swat sides away & make it look an attack vs defence training session when the attack has an extra man, but happens less often these days & with De Bruyne & possibly Aguero both out you never know.

That said I’d still rather beat both Brentford & Norwich and get swatted aside!
We Can Beat Man City on 11:46 - Jan 24 with 1182 viewsDr_Parnassus

We Can Beat Man City on 11:43 - Jan 24 by Thornburyswan

Good summary Dr - they (& Liverpool at times) can swat sides away & make it look an attack vs defence training session when the attack has an extra man, but happens less often these days & with De Bruyne & possibly Aguero both out you never know.

That said I’d still rather beat both Brentford & Norwich and get swatted aside!

Me too, sadly.

I used to adore the cup but give me 6 points over those 2 games any day now.

We Can Beat Man City on 11:47 - Jan 24 with 1180 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool will have to improve dramatically too,starting today.

We Can Beat Man City on 11:55 - Jan 24 with 1167 viewsAndyCole

Man city's 4-0 demolition of Palace looked like a turning point.

There was talk that Pep had lost his mojo. He and the team rediscovered it that game, as seen in his post-match interview.

Can't wait for us to pit our wits against them. So many battles to enjoy across the park and in the dug out. A massive learning opportunity for all, including us fans !

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

We Can Beat Man City on 11:57 - Jan 24 with 1162 viewsonehunglow

We Can Beat Man City on 11:55 - Jan 24 by AndyCole

Man city's 4-0 demolition of Palace looked like a turning point.

There was talk that Pep had lost his mojo. He and the team rediscovered it that game, as seen in his post-match interview.

Can't wait for us to pit our wits against them. So many battles to enjoy across the park and in the dug out. A massive learning opportunity for all, including us fans !

And up until that Palace game they were mid table stagnating ,for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024