Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The loss of life in the USA is shocking 08:49 - Mar 23 with 1320 viewsKeithHaynes

Another lunatic goes mad with a gun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56492541

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 08:59 - Mar 23 with 867 viewsbritferry

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This law was ratified on December 15, 1791, when the USA was a completely different place and they were still out to protect their respective states from the British.

Its a different world now but no US politician would ever attempt to remove the right as it would be a massive vote loser.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 09:25 - Mar 23 with 838 viewsonehunglow

No demos about this death of a police officer then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 09:43 - Mar 23 with 840 viewsCatullus

I had that argument with an American to finally be told I didn't understand, the problem I think is the reverse, Americans don't seem to understand.

They say all it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun well a good guy turned up in Colorado, a trained Police officer and now he's one of the ten dead.
I haven't seen most of these others on the news, besides the Asian shootings,

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/colorado-king-soopers-shooting/index.html

That's 41 people killed in 7 days, where were the good guys with the guns, well on their way but as with most of these shootings, by the time the police turn up it's usually too late to stop most of the deaths. That's not their fault obviously.

Contrast the USA with Switzerland, they also have high gun ownership but very few shootings. They have mandatory training, armed police AND mandatory military service too. What are the Swiss doing right that the USA gets so badly wrong?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 10:11 - Mar 23 with 824 viewsonehunglow

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 09:43 - Mar 23 by Catullus

I had that argument with an American to finally be told I didn't understand, the problem I think is the reverse, Americans don't seem to understand.

They say all it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun well a good guy turned up in Colorado, a trained Police officer and now he's one of the ten dead.

That's 41 people killed in 7 days, where were the good guys with the guns, well on their way but as with most of these shootings, by the time the police turn up it's usually too late to stop most of the deaths. That's not their fault obviously.

Contrast the USA with Switzerland, they also have high gun ownership but very few shootings. They have mandatory training, armed police AND mandatory military service too. What are the Swiss doing right that the USA gets so badly wrong?

Hard to say;probably mindset.
America was won via the gun,the west certainly. Switzerland,rather different. It also helps having a neutral attitude which is why Switzerland is and always has been wealthy even though it has zero raw materials as compared with say,Congo,which has loads-but clearly misappropriated .

America is a one off ,a basket case in many ways.It is a right to bear a firearm. Start from there.

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 10:48 - Mar 23 with 815 viewsCatullus

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 10:11 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Hard to say;probably mindset.
America was won via the gun,the west certainly. Switzerland,rather different. It also helps having a neutral attitude which is why Switzerland is and always has been wealthy even though it has zero raw materials as compared with say,Congo,which has loads-but clearly misappropriated .

America is a one off ,a basket case in many ways.It is a right to bear a firearm. Start from there.

Switzerland has been neutral since 1815 when the USa was still an infant. Maybe the Swiss were just cleverer and realised the futility of endless wars

Maybe they also realised that neutrality meant somewhere for the conquerors and the rich to hide their wealth which in turn made the Swiss rich?

I wonder how much Nazi wealth the Swiss still hide?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:00 - Mar 23 with 797 viewscontroversial_jack

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 10:48 - Mar 23 by Catullus

Switzerland has been neutral since 1815 when the USa was still an infant. Maybe the Swiss were just cleverer and realised the futility of endless wars

Maybe they also realised that neutrality meant somewhere for the conquerors and the rich to hide their wealth which in turn made the Swiss rich?

Many countries made their wealth from nefarious means, we did it from slavery and opium
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:11 - Mar 23 with 807 viewsBoundy

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:00 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

Many countries made their wealth from nefarious means, we did it from slavery and opium

If its at all possible, could you stay on topic .Any links to the UKs past has no bearing on this sad event

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 780 viewscontroversial_jack

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:11 - Mar 23 by Boundy

If its at all possible, could you stay on topic .Any links to the UKs past has no bearing on this sad event

Maybe the line about the Swiss profiting from Nazi gold is a bit of a giveaway.

I have come to accept the USA and their regular culls of their own people. The only good thing is, it doesn't happen here
Login to get fewer ads

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:28 - Mar 23 with 790 viewsCatullus

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:23 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

I have come to accept the USA and their regular culls of their own people. The only good thing is, it doesn't happen here

I think you may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head there, your attitude is probably magnified all across America, they have come to accept the mass shootings being a regular occurence.
If they can still argue for keeping guns after the school shootinsg and all those murdered children, how can we hope to change their minds.

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:28 - Mar 23 with 790 viewsBoundy

The link in case you missed it was the comparison between the two countries , the UK doesn't permit the carrying of weapons hence no link and certainly not one to the trading of opium

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:33 - Mar 23 with 775 viewscontroversial_jack

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:28 - Mar 23 by Boundy

The link in case you missed it was the comparison between the two countries , the UK doesn't permit the carrying of weapons hence no link and certainly not one to the trading of opium

I'm sorry, I didn't realise i needed your permission. i'll ask next time.
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 12:44 - Mar 23 with 769 viewsGroo

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:11 - Mar 23 by Boundy

He's also wrong

Groo does what Groo does best

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 12:49 - Mar 23 with 753 viewscontroversial_jack

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 12:44 - Mar 23 by Groo

He's also wrong

Wrong, about the empire being funded on slavery and opium?
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 12:59 - Mar 23 with 758 viewsGroo

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 12:49 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

Wrong, about the empire being funded on slavery and opium?

Yes

Groo does what Groo does best

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 13:14 - Mar 23 with 747 viewsFireboy2

Oh great, another serious topic is in danger of getting derailed 🙄
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 734 viewsBarrySwan

To be guaranteed neutrality unfortunately means other countries have to send their citizens to lose their lives fighting so that neutral countries aren't just invaded by aggressors such as the nazies anyway.

They are only allowed to remain neutral as long as it suits and is useful for such aggressors to leave them alone.

Meanwhile others standing up to muderous regimes are losing their own citizens by the hundreds of thousands whilst neutral countries look on doing nothing.
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 13:54 - Mar 23 with 719 viewsBoundy

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 11:33 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

I'm sorry, I didn't realise i needed your permission. i'll ask next time.

The reason I posted my comment was that too many decent threads have become something of a mess , going off on tangents with the main subject being lost .

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 13:57 - Mar 23 with 717 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"The only good thing is, it doesn't happen here"

Only because our intelligence agencies work so incredibly hard.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 14:05 - Mar 23 with 709 viewsonehunglow

Ive always felt contempt for countries like Switzerland and Sweden that simply stay out of the dirty wars but are quite happy to profit from it,as the Swiss have clearly done.
They are also canny though and whilst we saw invading and raping johnny foreigners on behalf of HM they had the sense to simply allow us to basically screw countries for the benefit of a few ,then it all went bad when these colonies wanted their countries back. I mean...

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 14:37 - Mar 23 with 701 viewsVincent_Vega

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 09:43 - Mar 23 by Catullus

Many Americans do believe it is a god given right to own a fire arm, much like its a right for us to work. Even Americans who don't like guns and don't own them would not like the 2nd amendment removed sue to it being an infringement on their rights.

Unfortunately its gone too far for the USA now, if they introduced a mandatory ban like the UK the pain barrier the country would go through is way beyond their tolerance. The best bet is better background checks and licenses that are actually enforced but again its a vote loser as the population would see it as a system of control.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 15:28 - Mar 23 with 672 viewscontroversial_jack

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 13:57 - Mar 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"The only good thing is, it doesn't happen here"

Only because our intelligence agencies work so incredibly hard.

We have strict gun laws here, nothing to do with m15 or mi6
The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 15:34 - Mar 23 with 679 viewsCatullus

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 14:37 - Mar 23 by Vincent_Vega

Many Americans do believe it is a god given right to own a fire arm, much like its a right for us to work. Even Americans who don't like guns and don't own them would not like the 2nd amendment removed sue to it being an infringement on their rights.

Unfortunately its gone too far for the USA now, if they introduced a mandatory ban like the UK the pain barrier the country would go through is way beyond their tolerance. The best bet is better background checks and licenses that are actually enforced but again its a vote loser as the population would see it as a system of control.

A god given right, yes well the bible does say something about living and dying by the sword though it never mentions guns.

I agree it's gone too far, lets just hope that come the zombie apocalypse, the zombies don't remember how to use guns!

Thing is, never mind stopping gun ownership, the NRA and thei like don't even want tighter controls. They reckon there's over 400 million guns out there on the streets of the USA for 330 million people, they're better equipped than our army!

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 16:23 - Mar 23 with 673 viewsVincent_Vega

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 15:34 - Mar 23 by Catullus

A god given right, yes well the bible does say something about living and dying by the sword though it never mentions guns.

I agree it's gone too far, lets just hope that come the zombie apocalypse, the zombies don't remember how to use guns!

Thing is, never mind stopping gun ownership, the NRA and thei like don't even want tighter controls. They reckon there's over 400 million guns out there on the streets of the USA for 330 million people, they're better equipped than our army!

The bible has plenty of indecency mind but you're right no guns. More chance of a terminator AI attack than a zombie apocalypse but that's my tin foil hat talking. No the NRA is all about everyone and his dog having guns so they can continue to be a massive presence in the 'swamp'

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 670 viewsCatullus

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 16:23 - Mar 23 by Vincent_Vega

The bible has plenty of indecency mind but you're right no guns. More chance of a terminator AI attack than a zombie apocalypse but that's my tin foil hat talking. No the NRA is all about everyone and his dog having guns so they can continue to be a massive presence in the 'swamp'

Oh I don't know, hordes of people wandering around glued to screens, the zombies are already here, I quite enjoyed the mickey take about Zombies!

Yep lots of begatting, Sodom and Gomorrah etc, the bible is full of contradictions, there must be something in there against aving guns!

My tinfoil hat is a permanent attachment these days, too much time on here I think.

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 16:46 - Mar 23 with 660 viewsonehunglow

The loss of life in the USA is shocking on 16:23 - Mar 23 by Vincent_Vega

The Bible and Quran are responsible directly for more genocide,more deaths,more family disputes,more hate than anything in our universe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024