Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McDonalds 00:54 - Jun 21 with 1693 viewsKeithHaynes

Employ more people in the UK than the police service.
And overall pay more.

Burger anyone ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

McDonalds on 07:35 - Jun 21 with 938 viewsCatullus

McDonalds, it should be against the law, where's the police when you need them

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

McDonalds on 07:49 - Jun 21 with 931 viewsfelixstowe_jack

McDonalds on 07:35 - Jun 21 by Catullus

McDonalds, it should be against the law, where's the police when you need them

They could be charged with GBH for poisoning the nation.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

McDonalds on 08:37 - Jun 21 with 889 viewsjack_lord

McDonalds on 07:49 - Jun 21 by felixstowe_jack

They could be charged with GBH for poisoning the nation.

Can you explain the overall pay more bit Keith?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

McDonalds on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 871 viewsbritferry

Only because the Tories cut 20K Police jobs

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

McDonalds on 09:21 - Jun 21 with 863 viewsonehunglow

McDonalds on 09:20 - Jun 21 by britferry

Teresa must have pleased mr angry then a he hates them.

People in this country expect Policing on the cheap.
The whole justice system is a sick joke

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

McDonalds on 09:29 - Jun 21 with 863 viewsmajorraglan

McDonalds on 09:20 - Jun 21 by britferry

They cut 20,000 police officers, by the time you factor in back office staff who do some of the additional admin etc it was a lot more than 20,000 jobs.
McDonalds on 09:35 - Jun 21 with 852 viewsonehunglow

And radically changed the pension too. Not many know that.

Civil Service pensions far better.Civil Service is also safer

McDonalds on 09:49 - Jun 21 with 844 viewsjack_lord

McDonalds on 09:35 - Jun 21 by onehunglow

And radically changed the pension too. Not many know that.

Civil Service pensions far better.Civil Service is also safer

Civil service is definitely safer.

I'd love to know exactly how the police pension and the civil one is broken down as my mates who joined the police have all left by the age of about 50 and all live in very nice houses and seem comfortable. I'm not judging there it is just an observation. I have friends who are in the local civil service who seem to be comfortable but couldn't "retire" when they were 50. Maybe they just didn't want to because it isn't really stretching working at a desk for thirty years.

I think that the private public job differences have changed a lot and pensions need to reflect this.

We do need the Police to protect society but how do the civil servants decide what is necessary?

Login to get fewer ads

McDonalds on 10:19 - Jun 21 with 827 viewsCatullus

McDonalds on 09:49 - Jun 21 by jack_lord

I'd love to know exactly how the police pension and the civil one is broken down as my mates who joined the police have all left by the age of about 50 and all live in very nice houses and seem comfortable. I'm not judging there it is just an observation. I have friends who are in the local civil service who seem to be comfortable but couldn't "retire" when they were 50. Maybe they just didn't want to because it isn't really stretching working at a desk for thirty years.

I think that the private public job differences have changed a lot and pensions need to reflect this.

We do need the Police to protect society but how do the civil servants decide what is necessary?

How do civil servants decide? I'm definitely a cynic about this but there always seems to be money for higher level civil servants (and politicians) pay rises but the people that do the day to day stuff, the stuff we ALL rely on, they get left behind. Therefore, in my opinion, the top civil servants decide on a ME ME ME basis and throw crumbs out to the rest.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

McDonalds on 10:19 - Jun 21 with 828 viewsKeithHaynes

McDonalds on 08:37 - Jun 21 by jack_lord

Can you explain the overall pay more bit Keith?

Manager of a McDonalds 26,500 starting pay.
Police 22-24,200 as an example.

A very brief example.

McDonalds on 10:28 - Jun 21 with 821 viewsKeithHaynes

To retire at 50 you would need to have served 30 years under the old pension called 1987regs. The 2006 pension change means an officer has to serve 35 years. ( join at 25 and imagine rolling around on the floor with a drunk 20 year old when you are nearly 60) There is a new pension now called CARE, not too sure about that scheme but it will be less and worse than the other two.

Don’t forget civil service pensions come free in many cases, if you are a police officer you can be paying up to £500 a month as it’s not a free pension. Many don’t do it now because the pay is so low they can’t afford to and look after their family.

As for the nice houses, don’t forget it’s not just the police officer bringing in the money, they have partners and wives who could well be doing the same or even better.

McDonalds on 10:35 - Jun 21 with 806 viewsDr_Winston

McDonalds on 10:28 - Jun 21 by KeithHaynes

To retire at 50 you would need to have served 30 years under the old pension called 1987regs. The 2006 pension change means an officer has to serve 35 years. ( join at 25 and imagine rolling around on the floor with a drunk 20 year old when you are nearly 60) There is a new pension now called CARE, not too sure about that scheme but it will be less and worse than the other two.

Don’t forget civil service pensions come free in many cases, if you are a police officer you can be paying up to £500 a month as it’s not a free pension. Many don’t do it now because the pay is so low they can’t afford to and look after their family.

As for the nice houses, don’t forget it’s not just the police officer bringing in the money, they have partners and wives who could well be doing the same or even better.

Basically this.

I've seen a copper's payslip and the pension contribution was an eyebrow raiser to say the least. It's decent money overall but barring the Armed Services probably one of the riskiest public sector jobs so no objection to them having the chance to get out of it before 60. They'll have earned it for the most part.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McDonalds on 10:45 - Jun 21 with 798 viewsjack_lord

McDonalds on 10:28 - Jun 21 by KeithHaynes

As I said Keith I'm not judging. It should be very transparent how the pensions in the public sector are constructed and who pays what. That can make Joe Public consider a future career and get the cynics and critics to grapple with the evidence.

One of my mates explained that the force pays x amount in to his pension and he contributed up to 500. He could afford though. One of my civil service buddies took "redundancy" from the land registry and got a whacking big pay off and obviously his pension. I don't think we see police officers getting made redundant with whacking great pay offs. I might be wrong.

McDonalds on 10:47 - Jun 21 with 801 viewsmajorraglan

McDonalds on 10:19 - Jun 21 by KeithHaynes

Manager of a McDonalds 26,500 starting pay.
Police 22-24,200 as an example.

A very brief example.

Down our way, new probationers who don’t have a degree and who are on the apprenticeship programme start on £20,880 which I reckon is poor considering the stuff they deal with. Cops now get a 10% unsocial hours payment for working between 8pm and 6am, but it’s not paid automatically and they have to claim it. If they don’t claim it they don’t get it. There’s no additional payments for weekend working etc.
McDonalds on 10:59 - Jun 21 with 785 viewsmajorraglan

McDonalds on 10:35 - Jun 21 by Dr_Winston

Basically this.

I've seen a copper's payslip and the pension contribution was an eyebrow raiser to say the least. It's decent money overall but barring the Armed Services probably one of the riskiest public sector jobs so no objection to them having the chance to get out of it before 60. They'll have earned it for the most part.

I know a few police officers, they were paying 15% of their gross income in pension. I think the Armed forces pension is non contributory, but the some branches of the Forces were stopping people do their 22 years service to get the maximum pension.
McDonalds on 11:00 - Jun 21 with 782 viewsKeithHaynes

McDonalds on 10:45 - Jun 21 by jack_lord

As I said Keith I'm not judging. It should be very transparent how the pensions in the public sector are constructed and who pays what. That can make Joe Public consider a future career and get the cynics and critics to grapple with the evidence.

One of my mates explained that the force pays x amount in to his pension and he contributed up to 500. He could afford though. One of my civil service buddies took "redundancy" from the land registry and got a whacking big pay off and obviously his pension. I don't think we see police officers getting made redundant with whacking great pay offs. I might be wrong.

Def not mate, that has never happened, also the clamour for bad cops to lose their pension however much it grates is simply impossible. They pay in they can take out what they put in. 15% of any salary going in to a pension a month is a lot of cash.

McDonalds on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 776 viewsmajorraglan

McDonalds on 10:45 - Jun 21 by jack_lord

I know a Police Inspector, he’s paying just shy of £700 a month in pension.

Most employers now pay a percentage towards their employees pension, it used to be like that years ago, but lots of companies revisited their position on pensions in the 90’s, 00’s and 10’s as they didn’t want to pay pension etc and we saw schemes go in to deficit, employees being transferred to self employed status where the pay was higher but there was no pension, sick pay or holiday pay. The government have made changes to pensions and now there is more emphasis on getting people to contribute, because I think they’ve realised that if people don’t pay pension when they retire their going to rely on the State.

Police officers couldn’t be made redundant but that has changed fairly recently to allow Forces to “get rid” of cops so they can balance their budget. In reality, it’s not something that’s being used as Boris is looking increasing the number of cops and they are struggling to retain staff.
McDonalds on 18:00 - Jun 21 with 693 viewsjeza739

McDonalds on 10:35 - Jun 21 by Dr_Winston

Basically this.

Also, police officers pay more into their pension than most. Avge contribution for Joe blogs is 7% of gross salary. Officers pay 11% of gross.
So whereas police officers pension appeared very good (especially under the old pre 2008) now they have to pay 11% for 35 yrs it's not the glorious golden handshake it once was. Though admittedly still better than some
McDonalds on 18:06 - Jun 21 with 683 viewsProfessor

McDonalds on 18:00 - Jun 21 by jeza739

Also, police officers pay more into their pension than most. Avge contribution for Joe blogs is 7% of gross salary. Officers pay 11% of gross.
So whereas police officers pension appeared very good (especially under the old pre 2008) now they have to pay 11% for 35 yrs it's not the glorious golden handshake it once was. Though admittedly still better than some

University pension scheme is moving to 11% too. Like the Police scheme is much less generous. At least pre-2012 is on old system. I’ll be paying £750 a month come October
McDonalds on 18:07 - Jun 21 with 680 viewsonehunglow

It's safer because there is little chance of dealing with a lethal weapon with modest training .
Son in law ,two day ago ,involved in surveillance ,high speed pursuit and arrest of two men believed to have imported machine gun into the country via Hull Docks. Information accurate and they are both now in custody.

During their arrest force was used.

This is not exceptional these days

McDonalds on 19:02 - Jun 21 with 670 viewsGwyn737

McDonalds on 18:06 - Jun 21 by Professor

University pension scheme is moving to 11% too. Like the Police scheme is much less generous. At least pre-2012 is on old system. I’ll be paying £750 a month come October

Schools are on a sliding scale.

I’m paying 11.3% which seems to be about in line with what’s been stated on this thread.
McDonalds on 19:57 - Jun 21 with 641 viewsmax936

Just shows how messed up we are as a country.

This was in reply to the OP, must have pressed the wrong option Oops.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:10]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

McDonalds on 20:06 - Jun 21 with 631 viewsProfessor

McDonalds on 18:07 - Jun 21 by onehunglow

It's safer because there is little chance of dealing with a lethal weapon with modest training .
Son in law ,two day ago ,involved in surveillance ,high speed pursuit and arrest of two men believed to have imported machine gun into the country via Hull Docks. Information accurate and they are both now in custody.

During their arrest force was used.

This is not exceptional these days

Really need to rethink police funding, training and pay. Retention is poor. Will improve the service and provide a real career for those willing to risk their safety for ours.
McDonalds on 20:08 - Jun 21 with 628 viewsonehunglow

McDonalds on 19:57 - Jun 21 by max936

Just shows how messed up we are as a country.

This was in reply to the OP, must have pressed the wrong option Oops.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:10]

Indeed as a world
We are watching footballers some earning in a DAY what most earn in a Year.

We are watching footballers who employ accountants to minimise their tax bills as much as possible but they still bleed for the poor.Innit.

Hypocrites?

Of course we are.

McDonalds on 20:13 - Jun 21 with 620 viewsmax936

McDonalds on 20:08 - Jun 21 by onehunglow

Indeed as a world
We are watching footballers some earning in a DAY what most earn in a Year.

We are watching footballers who employ accountants to minimise their tax bills as much as possible but they still bleed for the poor.Innit.

Hypocrites?

Of course we are.

Read today that Kim Kardashian is worth over 600million what has she done in her life to be worth that, ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024