Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am now “Non Binary Korean” 02:50 - Jul 2 with 1942 viewsDr_Parnassus

The world is absolutely bonkers. Full of people desperate to stand out, desperate to be noticed and using the latest social justice craze as a platform to justify and support their madness.

British born “influencer” Oli London has doubled down on his assertion that he is "transracial," after declaring he now identifies as Korean.

This is why so many people are not great fans of what some call “progressive” politics. It leads to sheer madness as it’s founded on pure nonsense. What a confusing time it must be for people to grow up in these days.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/oli-london-british-influe
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 16:27]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 04:12 - Jul 2 with 1271 viewsDr_Parnassus

Got a flag now too, for all those wanting to be non binary Koreans.

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 07:23 - Jul 2 with 1206 views34dfgdf54

This is something we do agree on Doc.

It's sad how far people have sunk. Racial Transitional Surgery. Tragic.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 07:35 - Jul 2 with 1199 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 07:23 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

This is something we do agree on Doc.

It's sad how far people have sunk. Racial Transitional Surgery. Tragic.

Reading the replies are funny. Nobody has any clue what’s going on or what they stand for anymore, those who have been shouting about transphobia are now stuck in a paradox as they don’t want to accept a white a bloke transitioning to how he feels inside, but also can’t be seen to be against it.

So I think they are going down the route of racism. They are short circuiting currently, quite amusing.

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 08:04 - Jul 2 with 1190 viewsMrSwerve

It’s a mental health issue. Instead of being helped, people like these are celebrated on social media platforms and in the media.

It’s only going to get crazier and crazier.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 08:08 - Jul 2 with 1186 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Oli has made a lot of people look very silly. Good luck to them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 08:28 - Jul 2 with 1180 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wonder if he can apply to represent South Korea at the next games if he’s any good at something.

Would be a tough one for the Olympic Committee to refuse now that he’s post op.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 3:29]

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 08:39 - Jul 2 with 1173 viewsBoundy

I wonder if he's got north or south tendencies ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:10 - Jul 2 with 1151 viewsYrAlarch

I am sure President Kim will welcome him/her/it/no idea with open arms.
Login to get fewer ads

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:16 - Jul 2 with 1145 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some people have said they think they have to be supportive of it... only to take it back because it may lead to “trans-racial racism” and “give white people a reason to feel oppressed”.

As I have been saying for years, the notion of being oppressed or in a minority is a valuable commodity that people don’t want to give up or share. It’s a powerful thing to claim these days.

Thankfully others seem to be pointing it out on my behalf, my favourite quote was that “it seems oppression is more valuable than Bitcoin these days”. All the benefits of being perceived to be oppressed without any of the negatives of actually being oppressed.

Hard to argue.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 9:21]

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:36 - Jul 2 with 1130 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:16 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Some people have said they think they have to be supportive of it... only to take it back because it may lead to “trans-racial racism” and “give white people a reason to feel oppressed”.

As I have been saying for years, the notion of being oppressed or in a minority is a valuable commodity that people don’t want to give up or share. It’s a powerful thing to claim these days.

Thankfully others seem to be pointing it out on my behalf, my favourite quote was that “it seems oppression is more valuable than Bitcoin these days”. All the benefits of being perceived to be oppressed without any of the negatives of actually being oppressed.

Hard to argue.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 9:21]

That is spot on, people have to be blind not to see this now.
The Left and the celebrities who were recruited by the Left have fetishised oppression/hard luck stories.

A young person who can't claim that they have "struggled" has no social credit these days, so they are driven to make up ever increasing weird and wonderful fake oppression that they have "suffered".
The West is in a mess. We have allowed the kids to be brainwashed for decades. It is why the Left are so comfortable making the statement "the future is ours, change is inevitable, you are on the wrong side of History".

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:41 - Jul 2 with 1122 viewsonehunglow

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 09:36 - Jul 2 by Ajack_Kerouac

That is spot on, people have to be blind not to see this now.
The Left and the celebrities who were recruited by the Left have fetishised oppression/hard luck stories.

A young person who can't claim that they have "struggled" has no social credit these days, so they are driven to make up ever increasing weird and wonderful fake oppression that they have "suffered".
The West is in a mess. We have allowed the kids to be brainwashed for decades. It is why the Left are so comfortable making the statement "the future is ours, change is inevitable, you are on the wrong side of History".

In poverty,now vies with deprived for the number 2 slot

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 10:19 - Jul 2 with 1099 viewsAndyCole

Has to be the legendary Kiisgod

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 10:34 - Jul 2 with 1091 viewsBoundy

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 10:19 - Jul 2 by AndyCole

Has to be the legendary Kiisgod

You maybe onto something there .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 12:30 - Jul 2 with 1065 viewsCatullus

Every time you think the world can't get more ridiculous something happens to prove it can.

It's like some kind of mass hysteria.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:23 - Jul 2 with 995 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 12:30 - Jul 2 by Catullus

Every time you think the world can't get more ridiculous something happens to prove it can.

It's like some kind of mass hysteria.

No signs of stopping either.

I have said many times that this era will be one where people will look back and view it as the most bizarre period in our “modern” history. Where kids with very little life experience and very little hardships were allowed to run wild via social media, the education system, politics, law and the mainstream media - and shape a way of life so far detached from reality that it is almost beyond comprehension.

Everyone is trapped in a pretence where that have to play a character or fall victim to the baying social mob that will devour everything and anyone that speaks out against it.

Now the only good thing about this being looked back on as the most bizarre period, is in order to look back and make such an assertion, it would mean that the madness does eventually stop. So here’s hoping I get to witness that.

It’s a shame these topics don’t get any input from those that are all for (or at lease present themselves as all for) so called “progressive” ideals, I really would love to hear their views. It could be a fascinating debate.

This social media, fame hungry, everyone must be unnaturally unique, take a photo of your food and show the world era is a very, very ugly one.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 19:25]

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:44 - Jul 2 with 977 viewsGwyn737

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:23 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

No signs of stopping either.

I have said many times that this era will be one where people will look back and view it as the most bizarre period in our “modern” history. Where kids with very little life experience and very little hardships were allowed to run wild via social media, the education system, politics, law and the mainstream media - and shape a way of life so far detached from reality that it is almost beyond comprehension.

Everyone is trapped in a pretence where that have to play a character or fall victim to the baying social mob that will devour everything and anyone that speaks out against it.

Now the only good thing about this being looked back on as the most bizarre period, is in order to look back and make such an assertion, it would mean that the madness does eventually stop. So here’s hoping I get to witness that.

It’s a shame these topics don’t get any input from those that are all for (or at lease present themselves as all for) so called “progressive” ideals, I really would love to hear their views. It could be a fascinating debate.

This social media, fame hungry, everyone must be unnaturally unique, take a photo of your food and show the world era is a very, very ugly one.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 19:25]

I lean towards the progressive but think this is way, way too far.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:55 - Jul 2 with 973 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:44 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

I lean towards the progressive but think this is way, way too far.

Do you see how it paves the way for it though?

For example bill C-16 in Canada where it was made illegal and listed as hate speech to “misgender” someone, where you can face major fines or even jail time for breaking. It’s setting social standards to something not scientifically or socially agreed upon.

If people can say they are whatever they like - then where does it stop? Nationality is a social construct too, as gender is said to be. Man gave these areas of land borders and names, the world is really just one big country in reality.

So making an education and law standard that plays into such narratives, don’t you see how it paves the way into other areas such as this, where there isn’t really an argument against it if you adhere to the other and that way of thinking?

I’m all for everyone living as they want, accepting everyone and treating everyone kindly. But what I don’t like is when reality is altered and I then have to adhere to that alternate reality or face some form of punishment, be that social or law.

In which case I see progressive politics very much as regressive politics. How far is too far when you start the road of progressive politics? Because it all interlinks with each-other, it’s a domino effect. As it’s based on feelings rather than fact it means anyone is entitled to have their feelings made a reality no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Hope that makes sense? It’s early here so may not have done a great job explaining that one!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 16:37]

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 20:46 - Jul 2 with 936 viewsGwyn737

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 19:55 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Do you see how it paves the way for it though?

For example bill C-16 in Canada where it was made illegal and listed as hate speech to “misgender” someone, where you can face major fines or even jail time for breaking. It’s setting social standards to something not scientifically or socially agreed upon.

If people can say they are whatever they like - then where does it stop? Nationality is a social construct too, as gender is said to be. Man gave these areas of land borders and names, the world is really just one big country in reality.

So making an education and law standard that plays into such narratives, don’t you see how it paves the way into other areas such as this, where there isn’t really an argument against it if you adhere to the other and that way of thinking?

I’m all for everyone living as they want, accepting everyone and treating everyone kindly. But what I don’t like is when reality is altered and I then have to adhere to that alternate reality or face some form of punishment, be that social or law.

In which case I see progressive politics very much as regressive politics. How far is too far when you start the road of progressive politics? Because it all interlinks with each-other, it’s a domino effect. As it’s based on feelings rather than fact it means anyone is entitled to have their feelings made a reality no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Hope that makes sense? It’s early here so may not have done a great job explaining that one!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 16:37]

I’m with you completely until the penultimate paragraph.

Progressive politics isn’t inherently bad and can drive change for good. However, you’re always going to have an extreme end trying to push too far.

The issue we have at the moment is that the volume and attention paid to that small group is disproportionate.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 20:53 - Jul 2 with 929 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 20:46 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

I’m with you completely until the penultimate paragraph.

Progressive politics isn’t inherently bad and can drive change for good. However, you’re always going to have an extreme end trying to push too far.

The issue we have at the moment is that the volume and attention paid to that small group is disproportionate.

What change for good do you see it achieving out of interest? On the social side of things.

I honestly don’t think the above is talking about the extreme end. I mean, someone becoming trans-racial of course is, but the theory behind it is widespread now, being taught up and down the land and becoming backed by law.

So while these small minorities may be a minority in terms of actions, the ripple effect of those actions means it becomes a norm as opposed to just an extreme minority that can be ignored.

I really can’t think of a positive for “progressive” politics.

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:02 - Jul 2 with 920 viewsDr_Parnassus

For example Gwyn, you are a teacher right?

Feel free not to answer this publicly but just ask yourself honestly in your mind. Would you dare say that “a man that transitions to a woman isn’t biologically a woman” if a pupil asked your opinion in class?

It’s such a nothing statement, so obvious and factual. Yet I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people in the teaching profession that wouldn’t dare say such a thing for fear of repercussions from these new social standards. Which then means a whole generation is being given an alternate reality.

Then if the above is agreed upon, there is absolutely no argument against someone becoming trans racial and an English guy waking up and deciding he is Korean inside and having the surgery to appear so.

Society then will no doubt eventually have to play into that delusion and we may even see somewhere down the line, something as ridiculous as countries having to accept people that identify as from there as their own citizens and being accused of bigotry and denying someone’s human rights if they refuse . It really wouldn’t shock me.

So that’s what I mean in terms of minorities shaping realities for the majority. That’s just one way it affects and impacts generations. It’s powerful and not to be underestimated.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 21:05]

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:03 - Jul 2 with 919 viewsGwyn737

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 20:53 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

What change for good do you see it achieving out of interest? On the social side of things.

I honestly don’t think the above is talking about the extreme end. I mean, someone becoming trans-racial of course is, but the theory behind it is widespread now, being taught up and down the land and becoming backed by law.

So while these small minorities may be a minority in terms of actions, the ripple effect of those actions means it becomes a norm as opposed to just an extreme minority that can be ignored.

I really can’t think of a positive for “progressive” politics.

Historically, women’s rights would be a good example, eroding of the power of the church, the introduction welfare state etc. The last two are some of the things still under threat from economic conservatives (who are actually my biggest bug bear as opposed to left/right prog/trad)

More recently, improvements to the DDA act, the equalities act in regard to employment to throw out a couple.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 907 viewsGwyn737

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:02 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

For example Gwyn, you are a teacher right?

Feel free not to answer this publicly but just ask yourself honestly in your mind. Would you dare say that “a man that transitions to a woman isn’t biologically a woman” if a pupil asked your opinion in class?

It’s such a nothing statement, so obvious and factual. Yet I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people in the teaching profession that wouldn’t dare say such a thing for fear of repercussions from these new social standards. Which then means a whole generation is being given an alternate reality.

Then if the above is agreed upon, there is absolutely no argument against someone becoming trans racial and an English guy waking up and deciding he is Korean inside and having the surgery to appear so.

Society then will no doubt eventually have to play into that delusion and we may even see somewhere down the line, something as ridiculous as countries having to accept people that identify as from there as their own citizens and being accused of bigotry and denying someone’s human rights if they refuse . It really wouldn’t shock me.

So that’s what I mean in terms of minorities shaping realities for the majority. That’s just one way it affects and impacts generations. It’s powerful and not to be underestimated.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 21:05]

Headteacher 😉

In my schools this wouldn’t be an issue. We’d be scientifically factual and if asked the question on gender we’d say something along the lines of respecting someone’s right to live in the way they want to. Doesn’t change the facts taught around biological sex.

This meets with my earlier point on tiny minorities making the most noise and often being offended on behalf of someone else.

I’d wager my answer would be the same in 99% of the nations school. It’s the 1% that make the front page of the Mail and make the public think there’s a hidden agenda.

Through my experience I genuinely don’t think there is.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:13 - Jul 2 with 907 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:03 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

Historically, women’s rights would be a good example, eroding of the power of the church, the introduction welfare state etc. The last two are some of the things still under threat from economic conservatives (who are actually my biggest bug bear as opposed to left/right prog/trad)

More recently, improvements to the DDA act, the equalities act in regard to employment to throw out a couple.

Women’s rights absolutely, but in a Western world they have achieved equality regardless of protestations to the contrary and have for a long long time and wouldn’t say that was the results of progressives as it were, you had all political points of view fighting for that.

It’s now getting to a point where it’s preferential treatment that is the quest of the modern day feminists, which is why so many women don’t identify as such. I would regard the modern day feminists as “progressives”. You would find them on the same sort of marches as ones for trans racial rights to identify as whatever nationality they want for example.

So progressive politics always starts well meaning but there becomes no end game, it’s an insatiable quest for perceived justice and quickly turns into the ridiculous. On the social side that is.

In terms of economic side, I do see benefits to progressive ideals but again they quickly get out of control and we enter the realm of socialism and it all falls apart.

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 903 viewsGwyn737

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:13 - Jul 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Women’s rights absolutely, but in a Western world they have achieved equality regardless of protestations to the contrary and have for a long long time and wouldn’t say that was the results of progressives as it were, you had all political points of view fighting for that.

It’s now getting to a point where it’s preferential treatment that is the quest of the modern day feminists, which is why so many women don’t identify as such. I would regard the modern day feminists as “progressives”. You would find them on the same sort of marches as ones for trans racial rights to identify as whatever nationality they want for example.

So progressive politics always starts well meaning but there becomes no end game, it’s an insatiable quest for perceived justice and quickly turns into the ridiculous. On the social side that is.

In terms of economic side, I do see benefits to progressive ideals but again they quickly get out of control and we enter the realm of socialism and it all falls apart.

What’s really interesting to me (if that’s the right word) is the impact all this gender stuff has on feminists.

Feminists have fought hard for what they’ve achieved and gender changes are threatening to take it backwards.

It’s could be the battle that holds non binary in check.
I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:23 - Jul 2 with 900 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am now “Non Binary Korean” on 21:12 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

Headteacher 😉

In my schools this wouldn’t be an issue. We’d be scientifically factual and if asked the question on gender we’d say something along the lines of respecting someone’s right to live in the way they want to. Doesn’t change the facts taught around biological sex.

This meets with my earlier point on tiny minorities making the most noise and often being offended on behalf of someone else.

I’d wager my answer would be the same in 99% of the nations school. It’s the 1% that make the front page of the Mail and make the public think there’s a hidden agenda.

Through my experience I genuinely don’t think there is.

That’s very refreshing to hear, although I would suspect you would not be in the majority with that one. I really don’t.

Maybe the U.K. is different currently, but certainly in America where these ideas have really taken hold.

I have heard and seen countless stories of teachers and professors losing their jobs over it. Not just the identity issue but the wider progressive social movement.

The story of Professor Bret Weinstein is awful and as I understand from similar accounts, something not at all uncommon.

The students at the university annually do a thing where the minorities decide to stay at home on a particular day of the year to make a stance on historical oppression and how they are needed on a day to day basis or something to that effect. However one year they wanted to change it and make all white students and faculty stay home.

The Professor made the perfectly logical statement that "there is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and under-appreciated roles, and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away."

He ended up losing his job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024