Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City 09:00 - Jul 7 with 1275 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City 7th Jul 2021 09:00
Joel Piroe has had much expectation on his young shoulders in the last two to three years. That expectation increased dramatically when he fired a thirty minute hatrick for his country in the 2017, under19, UEFA Cup against Germany. 1

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 09:50 - Jul 7 with 1192 viewsNotLoyal

Enjoyable read mate, always like the facts that are well researched

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 10:32 - Jul 7 with 1142 views34dfgdf54

I've still got a nagging feeling something isn't right though between Cooper and the club. know plenty disagree and thinks too much is being made of nothing, but everyone knows the speculation, why hasn't there been any word from him as of yet? I don't mean to address the links with Fulham and Palace, but to just come out and talk about pre season, or new signings etc.
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 10:59 - Jul 7 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 10:32 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

I've still got a nagging feeling something isn't right though between Cooper and the club. know plenty disagree and thinks too much is being made of nothing, but everyone knows the speculation, why hasn't there been any word from him as of yet? I don't mean to address the links with Fulham and Palace, but to just come out and talk about pre season, or new signings etc.

I’ve no doubt there’s a reason why he is being kept out of pictures of the team, maybe today’s sessions at the training base in Surrey will reveal more. But it is odd, and people who don’t like the speculation have to suck that one in.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:35 - Jul 7 with 991 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 10:32 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

I havent seen much from many other Championship managers on line, there is an interview with Wharbourton on the QPR site but not much else.

Too many folks yet again propeling myths.

He is leading training he is visible in the video of the session at the training camp...IT appears that most probably "serious" discussions with both Palace and Fulham never took place...again the internet has alot to answer for.
I expect when the time is right perhaps when the majprity of incomings has been finished he might speak...but I havent seen a lot of other managers doing so to date

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:01 - Jul 7 with 962 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:35 - Jul 7 by vetchonian

I havent seen much from many other Championship managers on line, there is an interview with Wharbourton on the QPR site but not much else.

He is leading training he is visible in the video of the session at the training camp...IT appears that most probably "serious" discussions with both Palace and Fulham never took place...again the internet has alot to answer for.
I expect when the time is right perhaps when the majprity of incomings has been finished he might speak...but I havent seen a lot of other managers doing so to date

I would put everything I own on the fact Cooper spoke to both clubs irrespective of what they were and when. The most informed journalists confirmed it. On behalf of this site though I do see it as a duty to report as much as we can be that rumour, speculation, confirmed news or whatever, if we didn’t we wouldn’t be keeping people informed or running the site as most seem to like it.

The big question still as David has pointed out is the lack of any photographs of him in amongst the many that have been published. I think though the club may well be playing this correctly with all that has gone on in recent weeks. 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:05 - Jul 7 with 948 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:35 - Jul 7 by vetchonian

<< Too many folks yet again propeling myths. >>

By saying I think it's weird how the manager hasn't spoken or made any comment about new signings as of yet? Righteyo.

That's how I see it, apologies if that upsets you.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 13:08]
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:23 - Jul 7 with 922 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:05 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

<< Too many folks yet again propeling myths. >>

By saying I think it's weird how the manager hasn't spoken or made any comment about new signings as of yet? Righteyo.

That's how I see it, apologies if that upsets you.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 13:08]

As I said how many other managers at other clubs have done so todate?

Also I have seen no announcment form Burnly re Sean Dyche wasnt he like Cooper linked closely to the Palace job?

IT sdoesnt upset me its just that the lack of support shown to our current manager also entails promotion of myths, twisted data just to discredit him.
Im not on a love in...he is our mamanger so I will support him just as I did Bob Bradley even though I thought he was not suitable as he was our manager, as CLement,COlin Appleton,JOhn Bond,Ian Love all managers I thought not right but supported them as they were the manager of my club.

I get it we all have our opinions I seem out of step with many mybe becasue I look at things with different objective..how can Cooper be called a fruad, has got us into the play offs in succesive seasons,imporved our league position each time. YEs the football hasnt always been pretty to watch but he has got results and to those who pay his salary that is what counts...Whilst we fans will want to be always entertained and alledgedly not care if we always finish mid table but get to watch exciting footie. football club owners have different expectations especially when they have no attachment to the club as we as fans do.

I get it we will not all always agree but I was brought up to speak with data ....a lot of of the debate around Cooper is not totally rock solid fact based.

I dont expect my arguements to sway people and I am getting to the point where I am sure most on here will be pleased to remove myself from the debates

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:39 - Jul 7 with 900 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:23 - Jul 7 by vetchonian

Also I have seen no announcment form Burnly re Sean Dyche wasnt he like Cooper linked closely to the Palace job?

IT sdoesnt upset me its just that the lack of support shown to our current manager also entails promotion of myths, twisted data just to discredit him.
Im not on a love in...he is our mamanger so I will support him just as I did Bob Bradley even though I thought he was not suitable as he was our manager, as CLement,COlin Appleton,JOhn Bond,Ian Love all managers I thought not right but supported them as they were the manager of my club.

I get it we all have our opinions I seem out of step with many mybe becasue I look at things with different objective..how can Cooper be called a fruad, has got us into the play offs in succesive seasons,imporved our league position each time. YEs the football hasnt always been pretty to watch but he has got results and to those who pay his salary that is what counts...Whilst we fans will want to be always entertained and alledgedly not care if we always finish mid table but get to watch exciting footie. football club owners have different expectations especially when they have no attachment to the club as we as fans do.

I get it we will not all always agree but I was brought up to speak with data ....a lot of of the debate around Cooper is not totally rock solid fact based.

I dont expect my arguements to sway people and I am getting to the point where I am sure most on here will be pleased to remove myself from the debates

All other managers have been quoted when new signings are announced.

Dyche is reportedly close to agreeing a new contract with Burnley, is the same true with Cooper? Could well be, but no reports saying it's true.

I have had my say on Cooper over the last season, but like I said before, now it looks as if he is saying it is a clean slate from me and we will see how we go. My post wasn't criticising him in the slightest, I just find it very odd that he hasn't been quoted once in any of the media snippets since coming back for pre season. We have heard off all of the other managers in the age grade sides.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 13:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 14:46 - Jul 7 with 848 viewsBadlands

Agreed.
“I've sat down with the manager and he basically outlines what he wants, all positional, then it's for us to recommend.
"We'll liaise and there'll be dialogue in terms of who is doing well, who is struggling. All of that dialogue will be taking place so we know where we are with our players with regards to the first team."

This didn't come from Cooper.
Sounds like Cooper's say in who come in has been reduced.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:08 - Jul 7 with 821 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 14:46 - Jul 7 by Badlands

Agreed.
“I've sat down with the manager and he basically outlines what he wants, all positional, then it's for us to recommend.
"We'll liaise and there'll be dialogue in terms of who is doing well, who is struggling. All of that dialogue will be taking place so we know where we are with our players with regards to the first team."

This didn't come from Cooper.
Sounds like Cooper's say in who come in has been reduced.

Read that again what Allen is saying is
I have sat with the manager and he has told me in what positions he wants players to pick from the acadamy the key words "we know where we are with our players ( ie the acadamy squad) with regards to the first team

You are presenting this as to sourcing all transfers intimating Coopers input to player acquisition has been reduced...again more myth generation

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:26 - Jul 7 with 797 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:08 - Jul 7 by vetchonian

Read that again what Allen is saying is
I have sat with the manager and he has told me in what positions he wants players to pick from the acadamy the key words "we know where we are with our players ( ie the acadamy squad) with regards to the first team

You are presenting this as to sourcing all transfers intimating Coopers input to player acquisition has been reduced...again more myth generation

Maybe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:30 - Jul 7 with 789 viewsReslovenSwan1

The way I see it

The manager has asked for a "bumper new contract" with a year to go. This is to provide security for him and his staff.

The club see this request as excessive for a championship club and are asking him to lower his demands. In the meantime The chairman allowed the manager to speak to other clubs with the buy out clause in place.

The manager remains at the club negiociating a new deal and the owners would like to see how thing go upto December before re opening negiociations. The manager is a ittle frustrated at this but thats just the way it is.

In the meantime has has a job to do. A CV with three good seasons is not a flash in the pan and something deserving credit. Two seasons and a duff season is very different.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:34 - Jul 7 with 782 viewsWhiterockin

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:30 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The way I see it

The manager has asked for a "bumper new contract" with a year to go. This is to provide security for him and his staff.

The club see this request as excessive for a championship club and are asking him to lower his demands. In the meantime The chairman allowed the manager to speak to other clubs with the buy out clause in place.

The manager remains at the club negiociating a new deal and the owners would like to see how thing go upto December before re opening negiociations. The manager is a ittle frustrated at this but thats just the way it is.

In the meantime has has a job to do. A CV with three good seasons is not a flash in the pan and something deserving credit. Two seasons and a duff season is very different.

Agree with most of that, but with the stony silence from both sides, it may not be until Christmas.
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 21:17 - Jul 7 with 657 viewsAndyCole

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:23 - Jul 7 by vetchonian

One of the best posters on the planets Swans.

The way in which you continuously and calmly make sensible rational posts against the groundswell of sheeple drivel is massively commendable. Facts, rationale and logical argument will always prevail.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 23:24 - Jul 7 with 621 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 15:30 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The way I see it

The Cooper situation this close season reminds me of the Sousa close season.

The main difference is Sousa got poached his compo was only about 500k bit different to 3.5m

But the lack.of talking was very evident back then as it
Is now.

Something has happened and it's not as if Cooper and Winter were ever buddies anyhow.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 08:56 - Jul 8 with 539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 10:59 - Jul 7 by KeithHaynes

I’ve no doubt there’s a reason why he is being kept out of pictures of the team, maybe today’s sessions at the training base in Surrey will reveal more. But it is odd, and people who don’t like the speculation have to suck that one in.

Apparently it’s to make sure his plastic surgery is finished. Let’s hope the nip and tuck makes him come back looking like Laudrup

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:41 - Jul 8 with 488 views34dfgdf54

Walsh talking about Cooper on official, so the media silence finally over as far as I'm concerned which Vetchonian will be glad to know.
Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:14 - Jul 8 with 471 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:41 - Jul 8 by 34dfgdf54

Walsh talking about Cooper on official, so the media silence finally over as far as I'm concerned which Vetchonian will be glad to know.

Thanks for the mention RJ.....
But this is why i get "frustrated".....all the "speculation" and unfounded Cooper bashing...He has faults and I am not saying as a manger he is the finsihed article...and he may not last this season but there is an awful lot of "spurious" data spouted about him!

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 464 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper’s development connections secured Joel Piroe for Swansea City on 12:41 - Jul 8 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper talking about Cooper next 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024