Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's gone 14:36 - Jul 21 with 3027 viewsThrasher6

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-cooper-leave-sw

By mutual consent...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 14:48]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

He's gone on 15:52 - Jul 21 with 2845 viewsKeithHaynes

Bloody click bait 😉😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

He's gone on 18:09 - Jul 21 with 2675 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

He's gone on 18:27 - Jul 21 with 2624 viewsswan65split

Bit late he went 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved.
He's gone on 18:59 - Jul 21 with 2555 viewsJonathans_coat

He's gone on 18:27 - Jul 21 by swan65split

Bit late he went 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved.

Agreed 2 weeks ago?!? But still let him take training and take the side to Plymouth? Bizarre.
He's gone on 19:06 - Jul 21 with 2532 viewsonehunglow

He's gone on 18:59 - Jul 21 by Jonathans_coat

Agreed 2 weeks ago?!? But still let him take training and take the side to Plymouth? Bizarre.

Unforgivable
This fella should have never been anywhere near our players and club since the end of last season.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

He's gone on 19:18 - Jul 21 with 2514 viewsReslovenSwan1

He's gone on 19:06 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Unforgivable
This fella should have never been anywhere near our players and club since the end of last season.

Like his mate Andre Ayew he arranged his ducks according to the parachutes. I am not complaining about this but he has a contract and only fulfilled it while he had an marked advantage over 80% of his opponents. I assume he did not believe in himself to merge the 10 or so 19-22 year olds desperate to press on into a serious unit. His stock would nbe much higher if he could have done this.

He will have heard the references to 'boring turgid football' and in my view should have grabbed the bull by the horns and brought in help and quality to his coaching group like Steve Bruce did at Newcastle.

Wise sage since Toshack era

He's gone on 19:24 - Jul 21 with 2493 viewslondonlisa2001

He's gone on 19:18 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Like his mate Andre Ayew he arranged his ducks according to the parachutes. I am not complaining about this but he has a contract and only fulfilled it while he had an marked advantage over 80% of his opponents. I assume he did not believe in himself to merge the 10 or so 19-22 year olds desperate to press on into a serious unit. His stock would nbe much higher if he could have done this.

He will have heard the references to 'boring turgid football' and in my view should have grabbed the bull by the horns and brought in help and quality to his coaching group like Steve Bruce did at Newcastle.

So in your view entirely Cooper’s fault and nothing to do with anything else then?

Wow. What a huge surprise.
He's gone on 19:28 - Jul 21 with 2472 viewsonehunglow

He's gone on 19:18 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Ducks and parachutes just about sums him up.

Login to get fewer ads

He's gone on 19:53 - Jul 21 with 2436 viewsJonathans_coat

He's gone on 19:06 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Unforgivable

We seemed to be firing on all cylinders until Feb, around the time Hourihane and the 2 yanks came in on loan. It would seem Hourihane was definitely Coopers man as he started regardless of form, but does anyone seriously think he wanted Morris and Arriola? If the owners were interfering with his transfer plans, may have caused a falling out.

Speculation of course, but entirely plausible. Anyway, whatever happened, Cooper had a right jib on him for the rest of the season, and the body language and performance of the team went south. Something has clearly been wrong in the camp for a while.
He's gone on 19:55 - Jul 21 with 2421 viewsonehunglow

He's gone on 19:53 - Jul 21 by Jonathans_coat

We seemed to be firing on all cylinders until Feb, around the time Hourihane and the 2 yanks came in on loan. It would seem Hourihane was definitely Coopers man as he started regardless of form, but does anyone seriously think he wanted Morris and Arriola? If the owners were interfering with his transfer plans, may have caused a falling out.

Speculation of course, but entirely plausible. Anyway, whatever happened, Cooper had a right jib on him for the rest of the season, and the body language and performance of the team went south. Something has clearly been wrong in the camp for a while.

Very astute resume IMO,Sir.

He's gone on 20:01 - Jul 21 with 2407 viewsdna

Reading the reports/comments sounds like the club wanted him to sign an extension and he wouldn't

Don't want anyone not committed to the club so, cheerio - didn't enjoy the football and travelling to Wembley expecting to get beaten wasn't nice
He's gone on 20:38 - Jul 21 with 2347 viewsJonathans_coat

He's gone on 20:01 - Jul 21 by dna

Reading the reports/comments sounds like the club wanted him to sign an extension and he wouldn't

Don't want anyone not committed to the club so, cheerio - didn't enjoy the football and travelling to Wembley expecting to get beaten wasn't nice

Doesn’t ring true to me.

More likely, there was a falling out months ago, both parties wanted to part ways, but the club didn’t want to sack Cooper and pay him out of his contract. Both Cooper and the club wanted another club to come in for him, as that would be a win all round. Cooper gets out of dodge with his reputation in tact and a pay rise, and the club get rid of Coops, not only without having to pay out, but potentially getting a compensation fee for him.

It just makes more business sense that way, and these owners are just businessmen. The good of the club/team/fans is of a significantly lesser concern.
He's gone on 21:48 - Jul 21 with 2253 viewsAndyCole

Cooper is fiercely ambitious and rightly so given his talents (spotted by Birch and Leon) and would have achieved that ambition with The Swans had Birch not moved on.

He had his sights firmly set on Prem league football with The Swans and must have been devastated when Birch left and had to endure the gloom of frosty Winter. He gave it his best shot but was massively handicapped with Winter dragging his heels.

Imagine how unstoppable Cooper's 2nd year could OF been if we had Brewster as our out n out striker and MGW as our out n out AM (not a box to box Pratley as per some trolling numpty).

He's gone. And I don't blame him for moving onwards and upwards ...;-)

This could be our Club's biggest mistake in quite some time (bookmark this).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

He's gone on 06:24 - Jul 22 with 2072 viewsItchySphincter

He's gone on 21:48 - Jul 21 by AndyCole

Cooper is fiercely ambitious and rightly so given his talents (spotted by Birch and Leon) and would have achieved that ambition with The Swans had Birch not moved on.

He had his sights firmly set on Prem league football with The Swans and must have been devastated when Birch left and had to endure the gloom of frosty Winter. He gave it his best shot but was massively handicapped with Winter dragging his heels.

Imagine how unstoppable Cooper's 2nd year could OF been if we had Brewster as our out n out striker and MGW as our out n out AM (not a box to box Pratley as per some trolling numpty).

He's gone. And I don't blame him for moving onwards and upwards ...;-)

This could be our Club's biggest mistake in quite some time (bookmark this).

...could HAVE been.

Unlike you Sprout. ;)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

He's gone on 07:05 - Jul 22 with 2048 viewsDr_Parnassus

He's gone on 20:38 - Jul 21 by Jonathans_coat

Doesn’t ring true to me.

More likely, there was a falling out months ago, both parties wanted to part ways, but the club didn’t want to sack Cooper and pay him out of his contract. Both Cooper and the club wanted another club to come in for him, as that would be a win all round. Cooper gets out of dodge with his reputation in tact and a pay rise, and the club get rid of Coops, not only without having to pay out, but potentially getting a compensation fee for him.

It just makes more business sense that way, and these owners are just businessmen. The good of the club/team/fans is of a significantly lesser concern.

Why doesn’t it ring true? It makes perfect sense.

Like him or not, he will go down as one of our most successful managers at this level. There is absolutely no chance they would want to get rid of a manager who just finished 4th and got to the play off final with the squad we had. None.

Winter has clearly said they tried to get him to sign a new contract but he wasn’t interested as he has grave concerns over the direction of the club. Which we could see for months, from Jan/Feb onwards where we got some American off season loans instead of an out and out striker.

I have no idea why people are still desperately trying to paint a picture that the club wanted rid of him when the club have literally told you that it isn’t the case. They have absolutely nothing to gain or lose by saying/not saying that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

He's gone on 07:26 - Jul 22 with 2019 viewsWhiterockin

He's gone on 07:05 - Jul 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Why doesn’t it ring true? It makes perfect sense.

Like him or not, he will go down as one of our most successful managers at this level. There is absolutely no chance they would want to get rid of a manager who just finished 4th and got to the play off final with the squad we had. None.

Winter has clearly said they tried to get him to sign a new contract but he wasn’t interested as he has grave concerns over the direction of the club. Which we could see for months, from Jan/Feb onwards where we got some American off season loans instead of an out and out striker.

I have no idea why people are still desperately trying to paint a picture that the club wanted rid of him when the club have literally told you that it isn’t the case. They have absolutely nothing to gain or lose by saying/not saying that.

Where is it reported that Cooper said that he had "grave concerns over the direction of the club".

IMO the club offered him a new contract, that is normal with one year left. Cooper wanted more cash, the club said no that is the improved contract on offer. Cooper said my agent says other clubs are interested can I attend interviews, the club agreed. When Cooper was knocked back by the other clubs a couple of weeks ago, both sides agreed there was a stalemate and the best way forward was to part company. Cooper agreed to keep it quiet and continue as normal while the formalities are sorted out. Neither side conceded and Cooper is gone.

Purely speculation on my part as is your view of affairs.
He's gone on 07:45 - Jul 22 with 1992 viewsDr_Parnassus

He's gone on 07:26 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

Where is it reported that Cooper said that he had "grave concerns over the direction of the club".

IMO the club offered him a new contract, that is normal with one year left. Cooper wanted more cash, the club said no that is the improved contract on offer. Cooper said my agent says other clubs are interested can I attend interviews, the club agreed. When Cooper was knocked back by the other clubs a couple of weeks ago, both sides agreed there was a stalemate and the best way forward was to part company. Cooper agreed to keep it quiet and continue as normal while the formalities are sorted out. Neither side conceded and Cooper is gone.

Purely speculation on my part as is your view of affairs.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-ste

I don’t have a version of events to speculate with. I am simply going on what has been reported, no need to flesh it out with my own narrative.

It’s all reported.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024