Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Xmas for Nothing? 10:25 - Sep 30 with 893 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My son is determined to do Xmas for Nothing;

1- Sell unwanted stuff gathering dust, he's sold an old bike, vintage clothes, Nike trainers and a spare TV and is £210 up.
2. Trade something - he's a computer network engineer and knows what is in global short supply. By buying on line and selling he's up nearly £400.
3. £10 per adult - the family has limited presents for grown ups to £10.
4. Mend and make, we have bakers, engineers, woodturners, jam and wine makers in the family. He's asked us to mend and make for Xmas. He's upgrading old computers, my father in law is repairing a wood chipper he got for nothing and we have blackberry and elderberry wine on the go.

My son reckons he will be donating to charity at this rate rather than spending anything on Xmas.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 10:31]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 10:45 - Sep 30 with 867 viewsonehunglow

Good lad.
Maybe those whith all they need should simply tell folks NOT to be xmas preie and donate money to Charities.

My family have been warned not to buy me anything at all not even a card and give the money to Macmillans

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 12:46 - Sep 30 with 825 viewsCatullus

Christmas for nothing, what a great idea.

I may not give money to charity though, I prefer the idea (and have mentioned it to wifey) of volunteering over Christmas. Help the aged always have plenty to do.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

1
Xmas for Nothing? on 15:40 - Sep 30 with 785 viewsCountyJim

I can remember as a kid my dad was a carpenter my mum and dad asked what I wanted for crimbo I said I'd love a goal area my dad made one up I thought I was the bees knees couldn't have been a better present for an aspiring goalkeeper
0
Xmas for Nothing? on 16:57 - Sep 30 with 764 viewsCatullus

Xmas for Nothing? on 15:40 - Sep 30 by CountyJim

I can remember as a kid my dad was a carpenter my mum and dad asked what I wanted for crimbo I said I'd love a goal area my dad made one up I thought I was the bees knees couldn't have been a better present for an aspiring goalkeeper


That sounds awesome.

I asked for new football boots one Christmas, I was an aspiring ful back. I got a cricket bat because mum's new boyfriend was a cricket fan. Shit Christmas that was, I hate cricket

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 16:59 - Sep 30 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Jesus was a carpenter.

sorry but I like Jim and just for him



Big down the Rank

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 21:13 - Sep 30 with 725 viewsFlashberryjack

"£10 per adult - the family has limited presents for grown ups to £10"

We tried that last Christmas............. didn't work.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 21:20 - Sep 30 with 720 viewsDr_Winston

The only thing that eclipses Christmas spending for crass stupidity and excess is wedding spending. The only people I spend serious money on each Christmas are the missus and the mother, and even then only because they do the same for me.

£30 each for nieces and stepkids. Non-gift agreements with everyone else, other than my dad. We agree a budget for that. Something fun like £3.50. It encourages creativity. One year it was only £1.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 23:04 - Sep 30 with 683 viewsWalterBoyd

Xmas for Nothing? on 21:20 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

The only thing that eclipses Christmas spending for crass stupidity and excess is wedding spending. The only people I spend serious money on each Christmas are the missus and the mother, and even then only because they do the same for me.

£30 each for nieces and stepkids. Non-gift agreements with everyone else, other than my dad. We agree a budget for that. Something fun like £3.50. It encourages creativity. One year it was only £1.


One Christmas my son, for a laugh, had wrapped an item we already owned and never used.

He did also give us a proper present, but he had a point , the old unused stuff was decent- wasteful society.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Xmas for Nothing? on 11:51 - Oct 1 with 633 viewsCatullus

Xmas for Nothing? on 21:20 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

The only thing that eclipses Christmas spending for crass stupidity and excess is wedding spending. The only people I spend serious money on each Christmas are the missus and the mother, and even then only because they do the same for me.

£30 each for nieces and stepkids. Non-gift agreements with everyone else, other than my dad. We agree a budget for that. Something fun like £3.50. It encourages creativity. One year it was only £1.


Myself and the wife have a no spend agreement but we always buy something small for each other, usually a fun present, just to have something to open Christmas morning. Last year I got a small book, 101 things to do while your having a poo! She's always moanong about flies and spiders so I got her an extendable fly swatter.

The only person we spend on is our son. We only give cards to people we won't see. During the pandemic we sort of adopted an elderly lady with health issues, she lives alone so we try to visit her and will be making more effort over Christmas too.

We'll put our eco friendly decs up. We'll go to Skewen park where my wife collects various bits of plant to make a Crimbo wreath for the front door and at some point we'll share a crimbo beer with out neighbours, we have fantastic neighbours.

Christmas should be about people not money. Says the bloke who doesn't speak to most of his family! But that's another story.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 12:29 - Oct 1 with 616 viewsKeithHaynes

Superb thread by the OP.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Xmas for Nothing? on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 607 viewstrampie

Holly beating.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026