Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? 18:22 - Oct 2 with 1259 viewsKeithHaynes

For me, the ball retention and dominance, and the fact we didn’t lose.
Anyone else see anything else specific ?
This is a positive thread remember.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 18:25 - Oct 2 with 1237 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Derby, a relegation battle rival, dropped two points.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 18:30 - Oct 2 with 1232 viewsdonkonky

Well we didn’t end up with Derby 2-0 win like last time. I must be in the minority here but I think Martin is on track with his project. Ok the table doesn’t reflect well but nothing two wins in a row won’t put right. Glass half full here 👍🏻
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 18:34 - Oct 2 with 1205 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Most of the players are playing slightly better up to the opposition penalty area which is where the improvements all break down.
But there is still no consistency in the improvements.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 20:49 - Oct 2 with 1101 viewsCatullus

We dominated possession and territory. We kept a clean sheet. We had a lot of shots, if only 2 on target. Hamer looked solid and good under pressure, good also with the ball at his feet. Piroe worked hard

The only real negative are, we didn't really look like scoring and we lack pace when we get to the last third of the pitch, the latter contributing to the former.

Yes I've been a bit critical more recently but most of that is frustration because if there is another negative it's that Martin persists with Cullen but won't give Whttaker a fair crack, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:06 - Oct 2 with 1077 viewsLittleEnglandJack

We got a well deserved point away from home against a team that by rights should be comfortably mid table. We had total control of the game.

Even last year under Cooper when we were knocking around in the top 6 I think we'd have been quite happy with that.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:11 - Oct 2 with 1069 viewsguthrieintherain

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 20:49 - Oct 2 by Catullus

We dominated possession and territory. We kept a clean sheet. We had a lot of shots, if only 2 on target. Hamer looked solid and good under pressure, good also with the ball at his feet. Piroe worked hard

The only real negative are, we didn't really look like scoring and we lack pace when we get to the last third of the pitch, the latter contributing to the former.

Yes I've been a bit critical more recently but most of that is frustration because if there is another negative it's that Martin persists with Cullen but won't give Whttaker a fair crack, in my opinion.

I am encouraged can't think of too many teams apart from the top sides in the PL dominating possession like we did today.

We could of easily nicked it a decent away point.

Give me this over Cooperball any day of the week.

Just need to move the ball a bit quicker and get more pace in the side.

This season is all about trying to improve and we will.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:37]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:29 - Oct 2 with 1050 viewsKeithHaynes

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:11 - Oct 2 by guthrieintherain

I am encouraged can't think of too many teams apart from the top sides in the PL dominating possession like we did today.

We could of easily nicked it a decent away point.

Give me this over Cooperball any day of the week.

Just need to move the ball a bit quicker and get more pace in the side.

This season is all about trying to improve and we will.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:37]

The problem is the midfield two, it has to be either Downes or Grimes with fit Walsh, which he clearly isn’t. He would have got us the points today.

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:42 - Oct 2 with 1020 viewsguthrieintherain

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 20:49 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Yes agree on Cullen and Whittaker why he has not had a look in since the hatrick is baffling.

I would like to see players playing in their true positions but I am optimistic for the future.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 22:26 - Oct 2 with 975 viewsBoundy

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:42 - Oct 2 by guthrieintherain

Yes agree on Cullen and Whittaker why he has not had a look in since the hatrick is baffling.

I would like to see players playing in their true positions but I am optimistic for the future.

I watched the game with a Derby commentary team , they were quite flattering about us and felt that in the first half they were lucky not to have conceded, those thoughts naturally changed during the first 20 of the second but again we looked the more likely to go on and win. I was quite impressed by our sharp and crisp passing and that excluded areas in our final 3rd but throughout the remainder of the pitch . we lacked pace breaking the lines and the final ball at times was poor with no understanding of where the receiving player was but overall a better than expected result against aside who over the years we've struggled against .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 07:41 - Oct 3 with 834 viewsOptimisticJack

A clean sheet.
Some good football played.
Good performances again from Patterson and Downes.
Missing key players who make a difference in the final third.
A reasonable result going into another international break.
Onwards and upwards.

Optimisticjack

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:52 - Oct 3 with 738 viewsDr_Winston

The basic building blocks are there. We're 75% of the way to being a good side. The return of Obafemi and Ntcham will obviously make a difference.

Just need to be more aggressive around the penalty area.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:53 - Oct 3 with 743 viewsThornburyswan

We didn’t lose, so 1 point.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 10:08 - Oct 3 with 724 viewslifelong

Our dominance of the ball, especially in the first half, was exceptional, Bidwell should have scored which would have given us a well deserved lead.
Hamer’s performance was another positive for me, thought he was excellent.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 11:29 - Oct 3 with 692 viewsCatullus

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:42 - Oct 2 by guthrieintherain

Cullen works hard but why is he being used as an attacking midfielder? It puzzles me because he's shown no talent for that role, no eye for a killer pass or the ability to waltz past defenders.
Another positive for me though, maybe a very big one (as long as OHL isn't right and Martin isn't full of hot air anyway!) is what Martin says about the next transfer window. He reckons we have players telling their agents to approach us, players who, seeing us play think they'd enjoy it here. If we can pick up the right players in January, good players who really want to be here, it can only be good.
It probably means some players leaving too but that's the way of things. There is no point in hanging on to players we won't be using.
Personally, I'd rather we weren't using wing backs like wingers and get 2 proper wingers in! Imagine Sinclair and Dyer in this team!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 11:36 - Oct 3 with 685 viewsonehunglow

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 11:29 - Oct 3 by Catullus

Cullen works hard but why is he being used as an attacking midfielder? It puzzles me because he's shown no talent for that role, no eye for a killer pass or the ability to waltz past defenders.
Another positive for me though, maybe a very big one (as long as OHL isn't right and Martin isn't full of hot air anyway!) is what Martin says about the next transfer window. He reckons we have players telling their agents to approach us, players who, seeing us play think they'd enjoy it here. If we can pick up the right players in January, good players who really want to be here, it can only be good.
It probably means some players leaving too but that's the way of things. There is no point in hanging on to players we won't be using.
Personally, I'd rather we weren't using wing backs like wingers and get 2 proper wingers in! Imagine Sinclair and Dyer in this team!

Cullen was brought on to replace the only goal scorer we have.
I work hard but I wouldn’t pick me to play.

To insult Whittaker like this turns my stomach but the hatred is towards me for pointing this out.
Yes it does hurt but attack the right people.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 12:03 - Oct 3 with 669 viewsKeithHaynes

I think Cullens performances have put Whittaker in a very strong position for more game time,

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 12:11 - Oct 3 with 657 viewsonehunglow

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 12:03 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

I think Cullens performances have put Whittaker in a very strong position for more game time,

The only positive is Cullen clearly being not worthy of a shirt.He is barely League 1 standard. Hard work is what many players do .He is not alone. He has a tap in that the subbed Piroe would have buried.
Cullen should have been loaned out not Joseph who was our first signing of the new season.The lad dumped uncermoniously and Whittaker is suffering this indignity.Coming on in the 89th minute.

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 650 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 11:29 - Oct 3 by Catullus

Do you think that the Club will spend even more money on new players?
I don't think we have any players left that would generate the cash needed to make a difference.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 12:40 - Oct 3 with 645 viewsmax936

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 21:29 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

The problem is the midfield two, it has to be either Downes or Grimes with fit Walsh, which he clearly isn’t. He would have got us the points today.

Grimes holds us back 90% of the time IMO, should never be captain either, I think we would be much better if he had gone, hope he doesn't sign a new contract and goes next summer even though we'll miss out on a fee, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:12 - Oct 4 with 528 viewspencoedjack

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 11:36 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Cullen was brought on to replace the only goal scorer we have.
I work hard but I wouldn’t pick me to play.

To insult Whittaker like this turns my stomach but the hatred is towards me for pointing this out.
Yes it does hurt but attack the right people.

I think the majority of us would like to see Cullen succeed being a local lad unfortunately doesn't look like its going to happen.

Thought we played well Saturday plus I had my 1st away in yonks.

Great day out would of loved a last minute winner to have rounded it off.
What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:56 - Oct 4 with 511 viewsCatullus

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:12 - Oct 4 by pencoedjack

I think the majority of us would like to see Cullen succeed being a local lad unfortunately doesn't look like its going to happen.

Thought we played well Saturday plus I had my 1st away in yonks.

Great day out would of loved a last minute winner to have rounded it off.

Yes, I think most of us want Cullen to succeed, like most of us want Martin to succeed. Cullenn looks like falling short though, sadly. Maybe he'll be a late developer. Martin sees something in him though so lets hope the boss is right!

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 10:00 - Oct 4 with 507 viewsonehunglow

What are the positives you have drawn from today’s game ? on 09:56 - Oct 4 by Catullus

Yes, I think most of us want Cullen to succeed, like most of us want Martin to succeed. Cullenn looks like falling short though, sadly. Maybe he'll be a late developer. Martin sees something in him though so lets hope the boss is right!

Think I’ve seen the light and found a positive thingy.

Hamer is ,to me,now very good and Benda too .

It does baffled one though why an abject coward like Woodman was seen as pre eminent at keeper when Hamer and Benda are infinitely more brave and positive

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024