Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steel industry and gas prices 01:26 - Oct 9 with 1287 viewsCountyJim

I was a steel worker for 29 years I always thought and why they kept the coke ovens in llanwern open for a year after the heavy end shut in llanwern was to use coke ovens gas
Now having worked in the coke ovens in llanwern for 17 years why can't port talbot use coke ovens gas

I have to say I wasn't that interested in the process tbh just came to work to earn my wage I worked hard as everyone in heavy end did
Steel industry and gas prices on 10:13 - Oct 9 with 1208 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I thought that Port Talbot did use coke gas.

Just to put the current Boris the Buffoon Johnson's response to the Gas crisis in to perspective, he just prevented Shell from developing the North Sea "Jackdaw" gas field.
The guy is a very dangerous idiot and should not be running this country.
Steel industry and gas prices on 11:02 - Oct 9 with 1197 viewsCountyJim

Steel industry and gas prices on 10:13 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Just to put the current Boris the Buffoon Johnson's response to the Gas crisis in to perspective, he just prevented Shell from developing the North Sea "Jackdaw" gas field.

Yes port talbot has a big coke ovens also blast furnace gas I'm not sure if it's to dirty to use all over the works
Steel industry and gas prices on 11:22 - Oct 9 with 1192 viewsCatullus

Maybe consider that Boris is refusing jackdaw to help keep gas prices high at the behest of a friend?

Russia is a major supplier of our gas and as Pandora recently told us, Russians give a lot of money to the tories.

Or it could just be that Bojo is a completely useless....

There again perhaps he's just looking after the environment

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:12 - Oct 10 with 1074 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Actually it was Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment and Decommissioning OFPRED who refused to approve the environmental statement for the project 3 days ago.

OFPRED gave no reason for the refusal and no doubt Shell will ask for the reasons and either submit a new application or appeal the decision.

No doubt some environmental leftie in OFPRED found something he did not like.

I do wish you would check your facts before blaming the wrong person.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:14 - Oct 10 with 1072 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Steel industry and gas prices on 11:22 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Maybe consider that Boris is refusing jackdaw to help keep gas prices high at the behest of a friend?

Russia is a major supplier of our gas and as Pandora recently told us, Russians give a lot of money to the tories.

Or it could just be that Bojo is a completely useless....

There again perhaps he's just looking after the environment

It was NOT BORIS and the project has not been stopped, see full explanation in reply to initial fake news post.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 17:20]

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:18 - Oct 10 with 1068 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Steel industry and gas prices on 11:02 - Oct 9 by CountyJim

Yes port talbot has a big coke ovens also blast furnace gas I'm not sure if it's to dirty to use all over the works

Makes you wonder why the people running Margam did not invest in their own low cost energy production.

Given the size and the Spare land at Margam they could easily have installed wind turbines and a solar panel farm producing their own electricity and supplying most of their electricity needs with surplus sold back to the grid.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 17:19]

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:25 - Oct 10 with 1057 viewsKilkennyjack

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:14 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

It was NOT BORIS and the project has not been stopped, see full explanation in reply to initial fake news post.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 17:20]

Johnson has gone on holiday.

Beware of the Risen People

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:56 - Oct 10 with 1040 viewsFlashberryjack

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:18 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why the people running Margam did not invest in their own low cost energy production.

Given the size and the Spare land at Margam they could easily have installed wind turbines and a solar panel farm producing their own electricity and supplying most of their electricity needs with surplus sold back to the grid.

Yes, in Wales you can always rely on the sun, and it's not always windy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Steel industry and gas prices on 19:54 - Oct 10 with 1000 viewsCatullus

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:56 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

Yes, in Wales you can always rely on the sun, and it's not always windy.

Yet we can completely rely on the tides and will until the end of our Moon which is the end of the planet anyway, but they do nothing about tidal power.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Steel industry and gas prices on 20:53 - Oct 10 with 963 viewscontroversial_jack

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:18 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

Have you any idea how much electricity is required to run a huge industrial installation?
Steel industry and gas prices on 21:15 - Oct 10 with 948 viewsFlashberryjack

Steel industry and gas prices on 20:53 - Oct 10 by controversial_jack

Have you any idea how much electricity is required to run a huge industrial installation?

I'm guessing a lot more than a few solar panels and a couple of windmills can provide.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Steel industry and gas prices on 21:23 - Oct 10 with 944 viewsmax936

Was you a Steel Worker Jimbo, you should have said Mun

My friend and yours said you was a glorified Tea boy

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Steel industry and gas prices on 23:27 - Oct 10 with 905 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Steel industry and gas prices on 17:12 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

Actually it was Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment and Decommissioning OFPRED who refused to approve the environmental statement for the project 3 days ago.

OFPRED gave no reason for the refusal and no doubt Shell will ask for the reasons and either submit a new application or appeal the decision.

No doubt some environmental leftie in OFPRED found something he did not like.

I do wish you would check your facts before blaming the wrong person.

Yes of course the OFRED make Government policy and not Johnson.
Sorry I didn't realise that.
Steel industry and gas prices on 20:09 - Oct 31 with 731 viewsmajorraglan

Not gas prices, but gasoline or petrol as us Brits call it. Just been to the garage and put fuel in my car. I have a modest family estate car with a 60 litre tank and at todays price it’s going to cost me £90 to fill it up. No wonder the Chancellor didn’t put the duty on fuel up as there’d be ructions!!!!

With energy likely to increase further, mortgages going up it could be a difficult 12 months ahead.
Steel industry and gas prices on 20:23 - Oct 31 with 711 viewsCatullus

Steel industry and gas prices on 20:09 - Oct 31 by majorraglan

Not gas prices, but gasoline or petrol as us Brits call it. Just been to the garage and put fuel in my car. I have a modest family estate car with a 60 litre tank and at todays price it’s going to cost me £90 to fill it up. No wonder the Chancellor didn’t put the duty on fuel up as there’d be ructions!!!!

With energy likely to increase further, mortgages going up it could be a difficult 12 months ahead.

Yeah I got petrol at Tesco on Friday and it was 1.44.9 per litre, it had gone up 6p per litre in a week.

It's shocking really because there is no petrol shortage. Gas prices have also dropped since the Russian started pumping more to the West.

Steel industry and gas prices on 21:12 - Oct 31 with 671 viewsmajorraglan

Steel industry and gas prices on 20:23 - Oct 31 by Catullus

Yeah I got petrol at Tesco on Friday and it was 1.44.9 per litre, it had gone up 6p per litre in a week.

It's shocking really because there is no petrol shortage. Gas prices have also dropped since the Russian started pumping more to the West.

Are we being ripped off ?
Steel industry and gas prices on 22:20 - Oct 31 with 642 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Steel industry and gas prices on 21:12 - Oct 31 by majorraglan

Yes of course, when weren't we?
Steel industry and gas prices on 08:38 - Nov 1 with 596 viewsonehunglow

So why not cut fuel duty and not booze duty

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steel industry and gas prices on 09:41 - Nov 1 with 581 viewsCatullus

Absolutely. I reckon the gas shortage was just market manipulation by rich and powerful people so they could get a bit richer more quickly.

The fuel duty, where is the money going? There is a green levy isn't there, what is it spent on? Our fuel price is 65% tax and allegedly it's party to persuade us to use less. For most of us it's an essential item, I certainly try not to use more than needs be. 20-25 litres per week is normal for me.

Steel industry and gas prices on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 573 viewscontroversial_jack

Steel industry and gas prices on 09:41 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Absolutely. I reckon the gas shortage was just market manipulation by rich and powerful people so they could get a bit richer more quickly.

The fuel duty, where is the money going? There is a green levy isn't there, what is it spent on? Our fuel price is 65% tax and allegedly it's party to persuade us to use less. For most of us it's an essential item, I certainly try not to use more than needs be. 20-25 litres per week is normal for me.

I believe gas prices are coming down because Russia has increased it's output.
Steel industry and gas prices on 08:41 - Nov 2 with 516 viewsfelixstowe_jack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59087189

Gas prices in Europe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024