Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff 09:55 - Jun 25 with 7343 views73__73

Bookmark it.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:37 - Jun 25 with 3830 viewsbennytheblue

Didn’t you say Ukraine would be Wales in the playoff? And England would win the Euros?
Just put 2k on Bake to sign for us……..
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:43 - Jun 25 with 3807 viewsDr_Parnassus

A rather large move in the price for him to go to the MLS today.

He’s now around 5/2 to go to Cardiff. Considering he’s been down and visited the training ground and spoken to them, the fact after that it’s still drifting to this kind of price - it would suggest something has clearly happened in the meantime.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:55 - Jun 25 with 3802 viewsWhiterockin

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:43 - Jun 25 by Dr_Parnassus

A rather large move in the price for him to go to the MLS today.

He’s now around 5/2 to go to Cardiff. Considering he’s been down and visited the training ground and spoken to them, the fact after that it’s still drifting to this kind of price - it would suggest something has clearly happened in the meantime.

it would suggest something has clearly happened in the meantime.

He has come to his senses.
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:00 - Jun 25 with 3769 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:55 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

it would suggest something has clearly happened in the meantime.

He has come to his senses.

Apparently he wanted all the commercial income made from his move.

Not sure how that would be worked out exactly, but the club appear to have refused. His desire to help his “home club” can’t have been that strong, shall we say.

The bloke has a net worth of over £100m and still can’t bring himself to play for them unless they give him wheelbarrows full of cash.

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:14 - Jun 25 with 3750 viewsbennytheblue

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:00 - Jun 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure how that would be worked out exactly, but the club appear to have refused. His desire to help his “home club” can’t have been that strong, shall we say.

The bloke has a net worth of over £100m and still can’t bring himself to play for them unless they give him wheelbarrows full of cash.

There is some right nonsense going around on various forums that’s for sure. Does he want money from an extra ST bought? Shirts with his name on? What a load of guff…..
Not bothered if he does or doesn’t but I do know his misses and kids plan to set up home in their house in the vale……
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:23 - Jun 25 with 3722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bale is on his last legs lets face it, He cannot last a long punishing Championship season being clobbered by Aiden Flint and Sol Bamba and the like.

The MLS wraps up in late October their game is less physical with less matches and the standard of living is high for a multi millionaire. Bale will be the standout player. If he bombs no one will be that worried. Bale will also make good business contacts with Levein and Kaplan and he might get to meet some show biz luvvies like Mindy.

His last kick in football could be v England in Qatar. An honourable heroic defeat/ draw against the great enemy after Wales suffered a shock defeat v Arriola inspired USA. Gunter given a hard time by Arriola and Hennesey will also retire.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 13:24]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:27 - Jun 25 with 3688 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:14 - Jun 25 by bennytheblue

There is some right nonsense going around on various forums that’s for sure. Does he want money from an extra ST bought? Shirts with his name on? What a load of guff…..
Not bothered if he does or doesn’t but I do know his misses and kids plan to set up home in their house in the vale……

Not sure what the proposal is and what was suggested in the commercial revenue suggestion but something has clearly broken down.

All the stories point to Cardiff, the FAW even weighed in with their desire for him to play closer to the HQ - yet the odds are drifting like a barge.

Should he go to the MLS then it’s clearly about money, and currently that looks like the distinct probability.

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 3700 viewsKeithHaynes

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:14 - Jun 25 by bennytheblue

I can’t see it mate, these rumours that is, but what I can see is a player moving in to ownership, opportunities and more along the lines of involvement away from playing. He still could do well in the championship and I would still be very surprised of Cardiff was not his choice but the minute you start trying to appease financial demands, if that’s the case, then it’s going to get very sticky.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 14:47 - Jun 25 with 3572 viewsbennytheblue

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:27 - Jun 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure what the proposal is and what was suggested in the commercial revenue suggestion but something has clearly broken down.

All the stories point to Cardiff, the FAW even weighed in with their desire for him to play closer to the HQ - yet the odds are drifting like a barge.

Should he go to the MLS then it’s clearly about money, and currently that looks like the distinct probability.

Which is a bit odd considering his personal wealth and the standard of the league out there….hey ho I’m not too bothered either way although it would definitely generate a lot of interest in the club I’m not sure how much that would translate to how well we would do this season.
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 14:55 - Jun 25 with 3557 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bale is thinking of his post playing career and potential business investments. He has already partners with Brains.

His model is Beckham. A welsh Beckham. His reputation in Wales is stratospheric. A meek injury ruined run being clobbered by Flint and co in the Championship would tarnish that image. 15 games in the US and a few agent arranged photoshoots just the job.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:09 - Jun 25 with 3530 viewsSTID2017

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 14:47 - Jun 25 by bennytheblue

Which is a bit odd considering his personal wealth and the standard of the league out there….hey ho I’m not too bothered either way although it would definitely generate a lot of interest in the club I’m not sure how much that would translate to how well we would do this season.

As a Jack do I want to see him at Cardiff - hell no!
As a Welsh supporter I think the best thing he could do is play for one of the two Welsh Championship sides.
I think the boost in revenue home and away would help out a lot of clubs in the Championship.
Personally I would rather see him playing competitive football in the English Leagues than wasting away in the MLS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:11 - Jun 25 with 3511 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 14:47 - Jun 25 by bennytheblue

He does have form for that though.

He decided to sacrifice the prime years of his club career for money when we was already financially secure many times over. There was clearly no future at Madrid but he preferred to stay there and pick up his money.

The only time he came close to leaving was to go to China for even more money. He was still in his late 20’s then. Football seems to be low down in his priorities (other than international football).

Not a criticism of him though, people are driven by different things. He is clearly driven by money regardless of what he outwardly portrays. I said it months ago that I think he will go to America, nothing has happened since to change my mind on that.

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:17 - Jun 25 with 3499 viewsSTID2017

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:11 - Jun 25 by Dr_Parnassus

He does have form for that though.

He decided to sacrifice the prime years of his club career for money when we was already financially secure many times over. There was clearly no future at Madrid but he preferred to stay there and pick up his money.

The only time he came close to leaving was to go to China for even more money. He was still in his late 20’s then. Football seems to be low down in his priorities (other than international football).

Not a criticism of him though, people are driven by different things. He is clearly driven by money regardless of what he outwardly portrays. I said it months ago that I think he will go to America, nothing has happened since to change my mind on that.

I am not sure that the MLS has that competitive edge to get him ready for the World Cup ?
Maybe it does, but I feel a he should reestablish himself in the English League

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:34 - Jun 25 with 3440 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:09 - Jun 25 by STID2017

As a Jack do I want to see him at Cardiff - hell no!
As a Welsh supporter I think the best thing he could do is play for one of the two Welsh Championship sides.
I think the boost in revenue home and away would help out a lot of clubs in the Championship.
Personally I would rather see him playing competitive football in the English Leagues than wasting away in the MLS

Agreed completely, and I'm equally torn. While I hope it doesn't happen, Bale at Cardiff would draw more attention to the Championship over here in the States

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:40 - Jun 25 with 3428 viewsKeithHaynes

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 15:17 - Jun 25 by STID2017

I am not sure that the MLS has that competitive edge to get him ready for the World Cup ?
Maybe it does, but I feel a he should reestablish himself in the English League

The standard won’t matter, all he cares about is the World Cup and playing for wales. There’s no way he will lose his ability between then and now. He’s crucial for the national team.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:08 - Jun 25 with 3369 viewsTummer_from_Texas

OP was correct

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:47 - Jun 25 with 3258 viewsguthrieintherain

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 13:00 - Jun 25 by Dr_Parnassus

This can't be true Anis said he loves the club and would play for a claaarkes pie and a pint of daaark

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:56 - Jun 25 with 3217 viewsBuckDancer

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 12:37 - Jun 25 by bennytheblue

Didn’t you say Ukraine would be Wales in the playoff? And England would win the Euros?

How’s that 2k looking butt?
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:57 - Jun 25 with 3211 viewscimlaswan

Third time lucky for him then it would seem...
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:58 - Jun 25 with 3199 viewsGeno68

Gareth Bale has decided to join Los Angeles FC and not Cardiff. Story here...

https://nation.cymru/sport/gareth-bale-joins-major-league-soccer-side-los-angele
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 17:12 - Jun 25 with 3145 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 16:58 - Jun 25 by Geno68

Gareth Bale has decided to join Los Angeles FC and not Cardiff. Story here...

https://nation.cymru/sport/gareth-bale-joins-major-league-soccer-side-los-angele

Sunshine and money ideal move.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 17:12 - Jun 25 with 3144 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Oooh dear I do hope you didn't put that money on.

It didn't exactly take Hercule Poirot to work out he was going to go to the MLS. I've been saying it for a good 12 months.

To be honest the most surprising thing about this whole saga in my view was that he actually sat down with Steve Morison and entertained the idea of Cardiff.
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 17:31 - Jun 25 with 3076 views73__73

Stay tuned folks...more to come....

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 17:41 - Jun 25 with 3034 viewsTogg

Anybody remember Bestie and Rodney Marsh joining Fulham. What a circus that was. Great fun and entertainment though. So maybe Bale not joining Cardiff is not such a bad thing for them. Still think they will be pretty much garbage though.
Gareth Bale is not signing for Cardiff on 17:57 - Jun 25 with 2978 views1983

To be fair he was never going to sign for our cAPItOl
apart from them being a nothing club every game well 30 minutes at least of every game he played he would be a sitting duck waiting to be clattered by some Inglander it would be like going banger racing in a brand new porsche with no seat belt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024