Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Archie Battersbee 11:57 - Aug 3 with 2515 viewsraynor94

A truly tragic case, I can understand the parents not wanting to lose him, but surely it's time to accept the medical advice and let him go.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Archie Battersbee on 12:23 - Aug 3 with 1792 viewsSirjohnalot

Heartbreaking and shows the importance of strong, independent, legal advice. I don't know who these people are that are supporting her, but it seems to just be ongoing torture for this poor woman. Of course she is going to cling on to anything se can do.

Glad I don't practice in this field
Archie Battersbee on 12:24 - Aug 3 with 1792 viewsBoundy

Not an easy one but could you let go if you were in the parents shoes , I know I'd keep fighting , its just so sad

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Archie Battersbee on 12:36 - Aug 3 with 1773 viewsSirjohnalot

Archie Battersbee on 12:24 - Aug 3 by Boundy

Not an easy one but could you let go if you were in the parents shoes , I know I'd keep fighting , its just so sad

I've no idea. It depends on the advice given and the relationship with Counsel. I have clients who I have represented since they were 10 or 11, who trust me completely as I always give very honest, direct advice....but here ? Wouldn't even want to think about it. They'll be thinking they've killed him if they agree.
Archie Battersbee on 13:36 - Aug 3 with 1734 viewsraynor94

Archie Battersbee on 12:23 - Aug 3 by Sirjohnalot

Heartbreaking and shows the importance of strong, independent, legal advice. I don't know who these people are that are supporting her, but it seems to just be ongoing torture for this poor woman. Of course she is going to cling on to anything se can do.

Glad I don't practice in this field

John, who pays the legals bills with all these hearings?

Archie Battersbee on 13:42 - Aug 3 with 1715 viewscontroversial_jack

Docs from some other countries have said they can do things for him. Similar occured a few years ago in Southampton general, when docs wanted to pull his treatment. He eventually went to Prague for proton treatment and it had worked.

The meds in this country don't always offer the best advice
Archie Battersbee on 13:51 - Aug 3 with 1708 viewsSirjohnalot

Archie Battersbee on 13:36 - Aug 3 by raynor94

John, who pays the legals bills with all these hearings?

Not my area, but I'd imagine they would have got legal aid, based on means. Rightly so , I think. People have to be in a position to be able to challenge the State /NHS, we are talking about a human life.
Archie Battersbee on 13:52 - Aug 3 with 1700 viewsSirjohnalot

Archie Battersbee on 13:42 - Aug 3 by controversial_jack

Docs from some other countries have said they can do things for him. Similar occured a few years ago in Southampton general, when docs wanted to pull his treatment. He eventually went to Prague for proton treatment and it had worked.

The meds in this country don't always offer the best advice

I am in no way qualified, I've not read any of the expert reports, but it seems clear this lad is brain stem dead.
Archie Battersbee on 13:53 - Aug 3 with 1697 viewsraynor94

Archie Battersbee on 13:51 - Aug 3 by Sirjohnalot

Not my area, but I'd imagine they would have got legal aid, based on means. Rightly so , I think. People have to be in a position to be able to challenge the State /NHS, we are talking about a human life.

100% agree, thank you for the answer

Login to get fewer ads

Archie Battersbee on 14:10 - Aug 3 with 1680 viewscontroversial_jack

Maybe there's crowdfunding too.
Archie Battersbee on 14:13 - Aug 3 with 1678 viewsCountyJim

It's rare but families have been told a patient is brain dead and they've gone on to recover

Heartbreaking really feel for the family
Archie Battersbee on 14:27 - Aug 3 with 1665 viewsWhiterockin

Archie Battersbee on 12:36 - Aug 3 by Sirjohnalot

I've no idea. It depends on the advice given and the relationship with Counsel. I have clients who I have represented since they were 10 or 11, who trust me completely as I always give very honest, direct advice....but here ? Wouldn't even want to think about it. They'll be thinking they've killed him if they agree.

As a parent and grandparent this is heartbreaking. Personally I don't think I could ever give permission to turn off the equipment. As for being told the decision is out my hands, providing the child 100% is not suffering, I would probably fight it as long as I could. Where there is any hope you have to try.
Archie Battersbee on 14:47 - Aug 3 with 1634 viewsSirjohnalot

Archie Battersbee on 14:27 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

As a parent and grandparent this is heartbreaking. Personally I don't think I could ever give permission to turn off the equipment. As for being told the decision is out my hands, providing the child 100% is not suffering, I would probably fight it as long as I could. Where there is any hope you have to try.

I guess, there is always the problem with the equipment being used by a child who does have a chance. Think anyone connected with this case on either side will break down in tears privately at some point
Archie Battersbee on 17:45 - Aug 3 with 1549 viewsFlashberryjack

Archie Battersbee on 12:24 - Aug 3 by Boundy

100%

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Archie Battersbee on 21:53 - Aug 3 with 1451 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-62403993

Hope this lad’s poor parents can find some peace.
Archie Battersbee on 20:06 - Aug 4 with 1331 viewsCatullus

Archie Battersbee on 21:53 - Aug 3 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-62403993

Hope this lad’s poor parents can find some peace.

Hopefully so, the problem is that parents and other family will see hope where there really isn't any. Miracles are few and far between.

My son is 14 soon, I'm not sure I'd survive if this was him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Archie Battersbee on 20:13 - Aug 4 with 1324 viewsSirjohnalot

Archie Battersbee on 20:06 - Aug 4 by Catullus

Hopefully so, the problem is that parents and other family will see hope where there really isn't any. Miracles are few and far between.

My son is 14 soon, I'm not sure I'd survive if this was him.

The Christian Legal Centre who are advising the parents have some quite extreme views behind them. They’re very good at self publicity.
Archie Battersbee on 20:13 - Aug 4 with 1324 viewsCountyJim

Not seen it myself but wife said earlier a young lads parents where told he was brain dead they showed him now he was playing football

Medicine doesn't always have the right answer
Archie Battersbee on 20:16 - Aug 4 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

Archie Battersbee on 20:13 - Aug 4 by Sirjohnalot

The Christian Legal Centre who are advising the parents have some quite extreme views behind them. They’re very good at self publicity.

"Christian" .Therein lies often pure malevolence.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Archie Battersbee on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 1319 viewsCatullus

Archie Battersbee on 20:13 - Aug 4 by CountyJim

Not seen it myself but wife said earlier a young lads parents where told he was brain dead they showed him now he was playing football

Medicine doesn't always have the right answer

But it is right the majority of the time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Archie Battersbee on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 1256 viewsCountyJim

Can't believe they stopped the lad going to a hospice
Archie Battersbee on 13:28 - Aug 5 with 1230 viewspencoedjack

Archie Battersbee on 13:11 - Aug 5 by CountyJim

I’m not surprised you can’t believe it.
Archie Battersbee on 13:57 - Aug 5 with 1212 viewsCountyJim

Archie Battersbee on 20:16 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

"Christian" .Therein lies often pure malevolence.

This is a sensitive thread but you've got to point score over people's beliefs
Archie Battersbee on 14:44 - Aug 5 with 1172 viewsraynor94

You obviously know better than the Doctors and the judiciary

Archie Battersbee on 15:21 - Aug 5 with 1144 viewsSirjohnalot

These cases are horrible. The Judges would have seen and read many expert reports from Doctors, people who are treating him explaining his 'end of life care' and the best environment for the patient. Sounds harsh but the wishes of the parents are neither here nor there, the only important aspect the Judges must consider is what is in the best interests of Archie.

Is he better off in hospital surrounded by Doctors 24/7 or in a Hospice. I cannot comment, I've not read any of the reports, but they have and they're experts. It is impossible really for any of us to comment on whether they were right or wrong. Parensts are not going to be thinking straight. Judges will have to think dispassionately, not on emotion but on medical advice.

Horrible case
Archie Battersbee on 15:22 - Aug 5 with 1144 viewsWhiterockin

Archie Battersbee on 14:44 - Aug 5 by raynor94

You obviously know better than the Doctors and the judiciary

Sometimes doctors cover their a*** or are told to from above, that's my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024