| Shortest day 12:24 - Dec 22 with 1678 views | britferry | Summer is on its way !!! |  |
| |  |
| Shortest day on 12:38 - Dec 22 with 1245 views | Boundy | or put in another way From June 21( the longest period of daylight) until December 21( the shortest daylight period), the sun rises approximately 1—2 minutes later each day, and sets approximately 1—2 minutes earlier each day. Because of this, we lose about 2—4 minutes of daylight each day during this six month period. From December 21 until June 21, the process is reversed, so the length of daylight will get about 2—4 minutes longer each day. So the change is very small from day to day, but very large over a six month period. Two final things to keep in mind. The pattern above is for the Northern hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere, the pattern is reversed, with the longest daylight period occurring in December 21, and the shortest daylight period on June 21. hence now its Australia's summer time The final point which should be noted is that the degree of change in the length of the daylight period depends upon the latitude. which is the approximate rate of change at 40 degrees North latitude( the approximate latitude of New York ). As latitude increases, the rate of change each day is greater, and as latitude decreases, the rate of change is less. |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| Shortest day on 13:16 - Dec 22 with 1230 views | onehunglow |
| Shortest day on 12:38 - Dec 22 by Boundy | or put in another way From June 21( the longest period of daylight) until December 21( the shortest daylight period), the sun rises approximately 1—2 minutes later each day, and sets approximately 1—2 minutes earlier each day. Because of this, we lose about 2—4 minutes of daylight each day during this six month period. From December 21 until June 21, the process is reversed, so the length of daylight will get about 2—4 minutes longer each day. So the change is very small from day to day, but very large over a six month period. Two final things to keep in mind. The pattern above is for the Northern hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere, the pattern is reversed, with the longest daylight period occurring in December 21, and the shortest daylight period on June 21. hence now its Australia's summer time The final point which should be noted is that the degree of change in the length of the daylight period depends upon the latitude. which is the approximate rate of change at 40 degrees North latitude( the approximate latitude of New York ). As latitude increases, the rate of change each day is greater, and as latitude decreases, the rate of change is less. |
2to 4 mins eh Make the most Roll on end of season |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 14:11 - Dec 22 with 1215 views | pencoedjack | Roll on the summer. I hate short days. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 16:29 - Dec 22 with 1161 views | majorraglan | Have an up arrow. Great post, something to look forward to. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 18:11 - Dec 22 with 1130 views | Fireboy2 |
| Shortest day on 14:11 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack | Roll on the summer. I hate short days. |
Same here penc, I bloody hate the winter, as well as the short days I bloody can't stand the cold. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 19:03 - Dec 22 with 1106 views | britferry | If it wasn't for the dog, family, football and 6 nations (in that order), I'd happily pack-up off to the southern hemisphere every Dec, Jan & Feb |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 19:06 - Dec 22 with 1101 views | Catullus |
| Shortest day on 18:11 - Dec 22 by Fireboy2 | Same here penc, I bloody hate the winter, as well as the short days I bloody can't stand the cold. |
Yet you go around putting fires out? I actually used to enjoy the bad weather and dark evenings, I'd wrap up warm, put my waterproof on and go for a walk with the dog and we'd both enjoy the peace and quiet. he'd wander around sniffing andI'd just enjoy the quiet and his company. Albie would let me know when he wanted to go home. we enjoyed the lighter evenings too mind but we'd be over the field playing ball. Everything has it's upside. |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 19:19 - Dec 22 with 1098 views | pencoedjack |
| Shortest day on 19:06 - Dec 22 by Catullus | Yet you go around putting fires out? I actually used to enjoy the bad weather and dark evenings, I'd wrap up warm, put my waterproof on and go for a walk with the dog and we'd both enjoy the peace and quiet. he'd wander around sniffing andI'd just enjoy the quiet and his company. Albie would let me know when he wanted to go home. we enjoyed the lighter evenings too mind but we'd be over the field playing ball. Everything has it's upside. |
Luna (my Vizla) hates the cold & wet which doesn’t help when I don’t want to go out in it (the wet more than the cold) As mentioned in another thread as soon im retired I’m off to somewhere warmer. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Shortest day on 19:31 - Dec 22 with 1087 views | Catullus |
| Shortest day on 19:19 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack | Luna (my Vizla) hates the cold & wet which doesn’t help when I don’t want to go out in it (the wet more than the cold) As mentioned in another thread as soon im retired I’m off to somewhere warmer. |
If we dropped a jackpot I'd be off to look at homes on santorinin, Rhodes or maybe Folegrandos because its a bit quieter. |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 20:42 - Dec 22 with 1056 views | Fireboy2 |
| Shortest day on 19:31 - Dec 22 by Catullus | If we dropped a jackpot I'd be off to look at homes on santorinin, Rhodes or maybe Folegrandos because its a bit quieter. |
Make sure you get a property with an extra bedroom 😉 |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 20:51 - Dec 22 with 1051 views | onehunglow |
| Shortest day on 19:19 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack | Luna (my Vizla) hates the cold & wet which doesn’t help when I don’t want to go out in it (the wet more than the cold) As mentioned in another thread as soon im retired I’m off to somewhere warmer. |
I was all for that untilwife got cancer and made me reflect on NHS and treatment andcfamily We came very close to buying a house in Limousin but glad we didn’t as looking after grandkids is a joy and you can’t do that living on Iberia |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 12:12 - Dec 23 with 988 views | Catullus |
| Shortest day on 20:42 - Dec 22 by Fireboy2 | Make sure you get a property with an extra bedroom 😉 |
Just one? We'd need room for at least 15 others, starting with the Cook, cleaner, gardener then room for random visitors! OK, you can come, as long as you fetch Builthy and STID |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 971 views | pencoedjack |
| Shortest day on 20:51 - Dec 22 by onehunglow | I was all for that untilwife got cancer and made me reflect on NHS and treatment andcfamily We came very close to buying a house in Limousin but glad we didn’t as looking after grandkids is a joy and you can’t do that living on Iberia |
My grandkids will be teenagers by the time I move abroad, I’m sure they will love spending weeks of their holidays coming to stay ……, wish I’d had grandparents with a place abroad. I’ll be keeping my property in the U.K. as well. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 13:30 - Dec 23 with 967 views | KeithHaynes |
| Shortest day on 20:51 - Dec 22 by onehunglow | I was all for that untilwife got cancer and made me reflect on NHS and treatment andcfamily We came very close to buying a house in Limousin but glad we didn’t as looking after grandkids is a joy and you can’t do that living on Iberia |
Depends on what you consider as looking after ?
This post has been edited by an administrator |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 14:04 - Dec 23 with 938 views | Fireboy2 |
| Shortest day on 12:12 - Dec 23 by Catullus | Just one? We'd need room for at least 15 others, starting with the Cook, cleaner, gardener then room for random visitors! OK, you can come, as long as you fetch Builthy and STID |
It's a deal, we will need to keep an eye on stid though 😉 |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 14:45 - Dec 23 with 913 views | onehunglow |
| Shortest day on 13:29 - Dec 23 by pencoedjack | My grandkids will be teenagers by the time I move abroad, I’m sure they will love spending weeks of their holidays coming to stay ……, wish I’d had grandparents with a place abroad. I’ll be keeping my property in the U.K. as well. |
If it floats yiu,then good for you |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 14:58 - Dec 23 with 912 views | Catullus |
| Shortest day on 14:04 - Dec 23 by Fireboy2 | It's a deal, we will need to keep an eye on stid though 😉 |
I'll give the maid a bonus to keep an eye on him Or we could tie him to the garden fence? |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 15:27 - Dec 23 with 907 views | Fireboy2 |
| Shortest day on 14:58 - Dec 23 by Catullus | I'll give the maid a bonus to keep an eye on him Or we could tie him to the garden fence? |
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Your second option is the one. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 15:29 - Dec 23 with 906 views | CountyJim | If you work shifts the darker mornings are better for sleeping mind 😊 |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 15:35 - Dec 23 with 899 views | Whiterockin |
| Shortest day on 15:29 - Dec 23 by CountyJim | If you work shifts the darker mornings are better for sleeping mind 😊 |
Nobody's working everyone is on strike. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 16:04 - Dec 23 with 864 views | CountyJim |
| Shortest day on 15:35 - Dec 23 by Whiterockin | Nobody's working everyone is on strike. |
|  | |  |
| Shortest day on 16:31 - Dec 23 with 843 views | onehunglow |
| Shortest day on 15:29 - Dec 23 by CountyJim | If you work shifts the darker mornings are better for sleeping mind 😊 |
Night shifts shorten lives Fact |  |
|  |
| Shortest day on 22:11 - Dec 23 with 791 views | max936 | Had enough rain to sink a battle ship the last few days, I've started to grow webbed feet |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 22:15 - Dec 23 with 780 views | Whiterockin |
| Shortest day on 16:31 - Dec 23 by onehunglow | Night shifts shorten lives Fact |
I can remember being told, if shift working was good for you senior management would do it, so true. |  | |  |
| Shortest day on 22:29 - Dec 23 with 763 views | max936 |
| Shortest day on 14:58 - Dec 23 by Catullus | I'll give the maid a bonus to keep an eye on him Or we could tie him to the garden fence? |
You leave the maid alone, you rascal |  | |  |
| |