Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … 11:25 - Apr 19 with 1124 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … 19th Apr 2023 11:21
In general a run of wins for Swansea City under Russell Martin results in poor form and then criticism of his methods and style of play. The Swans go in to tonight’s game against Preston North End with four wins and a draw behind them and an upturn in form at least when it comes to winning matches. 0

Record breakers ! Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 13:44 - Apr 19 with 964 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Martin can get to the end of the season unbeaten i would be quite seriously impressed. All his supporters are looks for any sign of consistency and progress. Hard evidence that the "young brave men" can actually churn out results.

After the January window where many clubs kept their powder dry (falsely characterised as a fisaco) Martin could have lost his mojo (there were sign of this) and drifted into a relegation dog fight. This did not happen.

Swansea did not need Ogbene or Key or Grant for several millions as this team was not top 6. Swansea can now pick two of the up for free and give the other a miss. Ogbene could come to Swnsea using the money not given to Grant.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 14:05 - Apr 19 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 13:44 - Apr 19 by ReslovenSwan1

If Martin can get to the end of the season unbeaten i would be quite seriously impressed. All his supporters are looks for any sign of consistency and progress. Hard evidence that the "young brave men" can actually churn out results.

After the January window where many clubs kept their powder dry (falsely characterised as a fisaco) Martin could have lost his mojo (there were sign of this) and drifted into a relegation dog fight. This did not happen.

Swansea did not need Ogbene or Key or Grant for several millions as this team was not top 6. Swansea can now pick two of the up for free and give the other a miss. Ogbene could come to Swnsea using the money not given to Grant.

Grant was a clever piece of club news.
They knew full well he wouldn’t sign due to the impact of West Broom’s own signing issues.

False flag all round.

Clever tho, some fell for it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 14:33 - Apr 19 with 910 viewsBadlands

Preston have pace 😢

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 17:58 - Apr 19 with 804 viewshowenjack

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 14:33 - Apr 19 by Badlands

Preston have pace 😢

What position does he play ?
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 18:20 - Apr 19 with 785 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 17:58 - Apr 19 by howenjack

What position does he play ?

Up front with Hale.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 19:11 - Apr 19 with 724 viewsFireboy2

RM has reverted to type.

3 centre halves and 2 slow wing backs.
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 20:30 - Apr 19 with 692 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 19:11 - Apr 19 by Fireboy2

RM has reverted to type.

in Russ we trust
😇

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 20:41 - Apr 19 with 682 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 20:30 - Apr 19 by vetchonian

in Russ we trust
😇

Preston are sh!te though.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 09:36 - Apr 20 with 580 viewsBarrySwan

Fair play

I've never seen a bunch of supporters so excited about a manager who has managed to elevate the team into the bottom half of the division whilst crafting a defence and goalkeeper combo that I think myself and a couple of my mates could run rings round.
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 09:42 - Apr 20 with 572 viewsNotLoyal

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 09:36 - Apr 20 by BarrySwan

Fair play

I've never seen a bunch of supporters so excited about a manager who has managed to elevate the team into the bottom half of the division whilst crafting a defence and goalkeeper combo that I think myself and a couple of my mates could run rings round.

Not to worry keep smiling, negativity ahead.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 10:45 - Apr 20 with 543 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 09:42 - Apr 20 by NotLoyal

Not to worry keep smiling, negativity ahead.

This was a short thread

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 472 viewsRichardO

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 19:11 - Apr 19 by Fireboy2

RM has reverted to type.

And yet he played four at the back again and Manning as part of the three man front line no wingbacks as such, meaning Grimes and Allen could concentrate on the middle, Ollie Cooper protecting Latibeaudie just like he has done for Manning a number of time this season and being able to breakthrough the middle to assist Grimes and Allen. Cullen worked hard to assist Darling on the right while finding space off their back four similarly with Piroe finding space in the middle.
Second half Preston changed things and with the substitutions marked our forwards a lot closer which Martin eventually managed to adapt our team to counter with his substitutions.
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 15:36 - Apr 20 with 415 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 14:14 - Apr 20 by RichardO

And yet he played four at the back again and Manning as part of the three man front line no wingbacks as such, meaning Grimes and Allen could concentrate on the middle, Ollie Cooper protecting Latibeaudie just like he has done for Manning a number of time this season and being able to breakthrough the middle to assist Grimes and Allen. Cullen worked hard to assist Darling on the right while finding space off their back four similarly with Piroe finding space in the middle.
Second half Preston changed things and with the substitutions marked our forwards a lot closer which Martin eventually managed to adapt our team to counter with his substitutions.

Yes it looked like it was 3 at the back with 2 wing backs but as you say manning pushed forward which caused havoc for pne.
Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 16:01 - Apr 20 with 407 viewsRichardO

Russell Martin entering new territory tonight … on 15:36 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

Yes it looked like it was 3 at the back with 2 wing backs but as you say manning pushed forward which caused havoc for pne.

I though oh no when the team was announced glad to see Cooper in the position to help out Latibeaudie.
Steve Cooper once played Manning in front of Bidewell and left him with no protection, once Manning gets it in his head to push forward he kind of forgets his defensive duties,, but when in a back four seems much more aware of them compared playing as part of a back three or as a wing back and moving back to the rightback position help stabilise the team into a better shape after all the substitutions last night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024