Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers 06:31 - Oct 16 with 6422 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67056279

"The RCEM said it could not measure "how bad" things were because thousands of patients subject to so-called "breach exemptions" were not included in the overall A&E waiting times.

The Welsh government initially disputed the RCEM's claim, but after seeing detailed figures - which were obtained through freedom of information (FOI) requests to health boards - it changed its position."
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 07:07 - Oct 16 with 2873 viewsfelixstowe_jack

As Drakeford says we do things differently in Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 07:39 - Oct 16 with 2860 viewsScotia

I don't think it's really the NHS fiddling the numbers - it's the just the method of recording the stats.

All government departments do it. And susrprise, surprise most targets are met or improvement is seen. Of course this is usually rubbish because the statistics are collected in a targeted way. The real problem is when the stats show targets aren't met or the stats shoe there is no improvement - that indicates a massive issue.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 07:57 - Oct 16 with 2853 viewsBoundy

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 07:39 - Oct 16 by Scotia

I don't think it's really the NHS fiddling the numbers - it's the just the method of recording the stats.

All government departments do it. And susrprise, surprise most targets are met or improvement is seen. Of course this is usually rubbish because the statistics are collected in a targeted way. The real problem is when the stats show targets aren't met or the stats shoe there is no improvement - that indicates a massive issue.

If waiting in AE for 18 hours is a target then I guess they're hitting it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 08:25 - Oct 16 with 2835 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 07:57 - Oct 16 by Boundy

If waiting in AE for 18 hours is a target then I guess they're hitting it

How can this happen? All NHS Trusts in Wales fiddling the data in the same way.
The Senedd deny it until the irrefutable data is published. We are being misled without a doubt.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 09:27 - Oct 16 with 2817 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Senedd has had a chance to be different, to actually be for the people, but it's just a mini Westminster. Just because it's Welsh people lying to us, doesn't make it right or acceptable.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 10:10 - Oct 16 with 2795 viewsWhiterockin

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 08:25 - Oct 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

How can this happen? All NHS Trusts in Wales fiddling the data in the same way.
The Senedd deny it until the irrefutable data is published. We are being misled without a doubt.

The Senedd were denying it was true until the freedom of information proved them wrong. How many more direct lies are we told.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 12:42 - Oct 16 with 2749 viewsWingstandwood

I have a lot of personal knowledge/experience of A+E waiting times and ambulance service response times and as it currently stand things are only going to get much worse. We're talking about the yokels in Cardiff Bay who are running the show here!

And yes 18 hour + waits are not rare, they are the norm. You have got to see it, and experience it to actually see how bad it is. It’s not some rare occurrence that makes the front page of the SWEP once in every blue moon.

It's crazy to think that many in A+E (seen it myself) are only there because they (takes some doing) managed to get through to the G.P surgery triage system, to then be told to go to A+E instead. Or could not get through triage anyhow, because lines often close within 5 minutes of allocated 2 hourly operational time. It's absolutely sickening and shocking!

So yes indeed an (portable kit) ECG for example that could be done for 'ectopic heartbeats/premiture ventricular contractions' in a G.P surgery, is instead buck-passed to an A+E. Having to wait 18 hours to over a day for something that would take 5 minutes in a G.P surgery.

My advice to anyone going to Morriston A+E is to take plenty of food/drink and vending machine money with you. And if you have a pay as you go phone make sure that its topped up.

Argus!

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 12:45 - Oct 16 with 2737 viewspencoedjack

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 12:42 - Oct 16 by Wingstandwood

I have a lot of personal knowledge/experience of A+E waiting times and ambulance service response times and as it currently stand things are only going to get much worse. We're talking about the yokels in Cardiff Bay who are running the show here!

And yes 18 hour + waits are not rare, they are the norm. You have got to see it, and experience it to actually see how bad it is. It’s not some rare occurrence that makes the front page of the SWEP once in every blue moon.

It's crazy to think that many in A+E (seen it myself) are only there because they (takes some doing) managed to get through to the G.P surgery triage system, to then be told to go to A+E instead. Or could not get through triage anyhow, because lines often close within 5 minutes of allocated 2 hourly operational time. It's absolutely sickening and shocking!

So yes indeed an (portable kit) ECG for example that could be done for 'ectopic heartbeats/premiture ventricular contractions' in a G.P surgery, is instead buck-passed to an A+E. Having to wait 18 hours to over a day for something that would take 5 minutes in a G.P surgery.

My advice to anyone going to Morriston A+E is to take plenty of food/drink and vending machine money with you. And if you have a pay as you go phone make sure that its topped up.

Its not just Morriston I can assure you.

So the worst NHS waiting times in the UK are actually worse than previously published.

Well done Welsh Labour.
Login to get fewer ads

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 12:54 - Oct 16 with 2732 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Looks like people are waiting long enough to recover!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/dead-patient-wakes-up-hospital-279164
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 12:54]

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 13:12 - Oct 16 with 2685 viewsWingstandwood

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 12:45 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Its not just Morriston I can assure you.

So the worst NHS waiting times in the UK are actually worse than previously published.

Well done Welsh Labour.

My advice to anyone is not to get old and not to get ill.

*Additional information*: Many attending A+E often get a false sense of security when they often get triaged at A+E within a relatively short space of time (first port of call after reception/entrance desk arrival) to think that they will be seen to extremely quickly. Sadly they think that they will be leaving the place an hour or two after A+E traige.

BUT after the initial triage, the wait to see a doctor can still in some instances be over a day away. And I am not kidding!

Hence the reason to take food, drinks and money etc. And if the place is so packed that a person has to be seated very close to A+E opening-door(s) enterance? Take warm clothing if possible!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 15:14]

Argus!

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 13:45 - Oct 16 with 2672 viewsGwyn737

Sad state of affairs and it doesn't look good at all.

However, if we want to really look at performance, the comparison stats would have to take into account resources available, age of population, and levels of poverty to name a few.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 13:57 - Oct 16 with 2667 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 13:45 - Oct 16 by Gwyn737

However, if we want to really look at performance, the comparison stats would have to take into account resources available, age of population, and levels of poverty to name a few.

Agree, but all of these factors can be taken into consideration in the strategic planning process. For example, we learned basic population demographics in Geography in school.

Looks like we are more interested in fiddling the numbers probably because the long term strategic plan is rubbish or has been mismanaged.
Across the UK there are bad NHS Trusts and some rather good ones.

The areas with the best performance are quite a mix.

https://www.myhsn.co.uk/top-tip/best-hospitals-in-the-uk

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 2636 viewsWhiterockin

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 13:45 - Oct 16 by Gwyn737

On any particular day there are massive differences in wait times between Morriston/Carmarthen/Neath Port Talbot. Inevitably Morriston having the longest wait. Surely the demographics are not that different. You can actually phone A&E and ask for a current wait time and possibly travel to a shorter wait.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 15:31 - Oct 16 with 2580 viewsGwyn737

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 14:44 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

On any particular day there are massive differences in wait times between Morriston/Carmarthen/Neath Port Talbot. Inevitably Morriston having the longest wait. Surely the demographics are not that different. You can actually phone A&E and ask for a current wait time and possibly travel to a shorter wait.

I was think more on a bigger scale - comparing NHS Wales and NHS England.

I really don't know but the way they are compared now doesn't stand up to any kind of data scrutiny.

I'm not defending NHS Wales at all, proper scrutiny could show them to be even worse!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 15:39]
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 15:35 - Oct 16 with 2572 viewsWhiterockin

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 15:31 - Oct 16 by Gwyn737

I was think more on a bigger scale - comparing NHS Wales and NHS England.

I really don't know but the way they are compared now doesn't stand up to any kind of data scrutiny.

I'm not defending NHS Wales at all, proper scrutiny could show them to be even worse!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 15:39]

What annoyed me was they continually denied it until presented with the hard facts. You start to wonder what else are they hiding.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 16:56 - Oct 16 with 2525 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 14:44 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

If you have time to spare to ring around for those with the shortest waiting times and then drive there you probably do not need to be going to an ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY department in the first place.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 17:16]

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:13 - Oct 16 with 2509 viewsWhiterockin

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 16:56 - Oct 16 by felixstowe_jack

If you have time to spare to ring around for those with the shortest waiting times and then drive there you probably do not need to be going to an ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY department in the first place.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 17:16]

Possibly you do if NHS direct tell you to go there.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:17 - Oct 16 with 2496 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:13 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

If it is a real accident and emergency you should be ringing 999 not NHS direct.

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:28 - Oct 16 with 2477 viewsSullutaCreturned

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:13 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

I was told by NHS direct to go to A&E only for the triage nurse to have a go at me. Even when I told her the NHS had advised me to come she said, they tell everybody that!

What s the point of NHS direct then?

Of course The Senedd are lying to us, they lie a lot. It won't be liked by the labour zealots on here but there are as many lies coming out of the Senedd as comes out of Westminster.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 2477 viewsWhiterockin

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:17 - Oct 16 by felixstowe_jack

If it is a real accident and emergency you should be ringing 999 not NHS direct.

OK I'll tell you the exact details of when it happened to me.

Minding my grandson he fell and cut his head. We stemmed the bleeding and it stopped. I wasn't sure if he needed to go to A&E to be checked so I phoned 111. They said to take him to A&E as there may be signs of concussion and for him to be checked out. They said although he would be prioritised he may still have to wait and to phone neath and morriston to see who had the lower waiting time as from the LC2 there wasn't much difference in travelling time. We went to Port Talbot on arrival we were told we did exactly the right thing.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 22:21]
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 18:40 - Oct 16 with 2421 viewspencoedjack

Apparently after the Micky mouse government in Cardiff claimed waiting times were shorter in Wales than England some English consultants came over to see what we were doing well.

How embarrassing.
Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 19:24 - Oct 16 with 2380 viewsWingstandwood

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 18:40 - Oct 16 by pencoedjack

Apparently after the Micky mouse government in Cardiff claimed waiting times were shorter in Wales than England some English consultants came over to see what we were doing well.

How embarrassing.

Just seen that on Welsh news, farcical beyond belief, black comedy surreal.

Improve things, using the art of improving things by using dodgy counting to give an utterly false impression that looks like things have improved on a piece of paper. So much so that proffesionals from England want to see that piece of paper, but will do so without any explanation, because there isn't any explaination in the first place.

Snake oil alert!.... Snake oil alert!.... Snake oil alert!

A bit like solving the illegal entry by small boat migrant crisis by making it legal so that figures drop drastically, whilst encouraging even more to enter illegally by making it vastly easier to enter via proposed official-routes.

This is what we are witnessing unfold right before our very eyes. Too darn surreal and far fetched (but yet true) even for a Yes Minister script writers.

Argus!

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 20:28 - Oct 16 with 2318 viewsonehunglow

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 19:24 - Oct 16 by Wingstandwood

Improve things, using the art of improving things by using dodgy counting to give an utterly false impression that looks like things have improved on a piece of paper. So much so that proffesionals from England want to see that piece of paper, but will do so without any explanation, because there isn't any explaination in the first place.

A bit like solving the illegal entry by small boat migrant crisis by making it legal so that figures drop drastically, whilst encouraging even more to enter illegally by making it vastly easier to enter via proposed official-routes.

This is what we are witnessing unfold right before our very eyes. Too darn surreal and far fetched (but yet true) even for a Yes Minister script writers.

My God ,Wales seems to be a basket case ,made worse by trying to make out parts of England are worse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 21:40 - Oct 16 with 2296 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 19:24 - Oct 16 by Wingstandwood

Time for some sackings.

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 22:42 - Oct 16 with 2256 viewsBoundy

Are NHS Wales fiddling the numbers on 17:17 - Oct 16 by felixstowe_jack

Easy to say when you love the other side of the country, my brother-in-law was having a stroke and after waiting nearly 2 hours for an ambulance my sister drove him to hospital

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024