Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivan Toney 11:29 - Jan 22 with 1643 viewsKeithHaynes

Banned for betting and earning an advantage.
First game back visibly cheats by moving ball and the refs foam at a free kick and scores.
Morals of this lad ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ivan Toney on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 1623 viewsonehunglow

Zero.
Ban was too short .
Should have made an example of him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ivan Toney on 12:17 - Jan 22 with 1581 viewsRichardO

A team not switched on what the other teams player was doing and therefore didn't adjust the wall. It amazes me how many players are just not aware of what is going on around them.
Surely the official should be just as switched on to see such events similarly players more or less rugby tackled off the ball in an attempt to stop a counter attacks and yet the referee's assistants apparently don't see it or do not interfere or is the referee is ignoring their advise.
Ivan Toney on 12:20 - Jan 22 with 1576 viewsOptimisticJack

Made captain too.
Laughable.

Optimisticjack

Ivan Toney on 12:27 - Jan 22 with 1557 viewsBoundy

Ivan Toney on 12:17 - Jan 22 by RichardO

A team not switched on what the other teams player was doing and therefore didn't adjust the wall. It amazes me how many players are just not aware of what is going on around them.
Surely the official should be just as switched on to see such events similarly players more or less rugby tackled off the ball in an attempt to stop a counter attacks and yet the referee's assistants apparently don't see it or do not interfere or is the referee is ignoring their advise.

The amount of offsides we conceded in the second half on Saturday which were then taken yards further forward than they should have been was astonishing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ivan Toney on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 1526 viewsonehunglow

Ivan Toney on 12:20 - Jan 22 by OptimisticJack

Made captain too.
Laughable.

Indeed.
Basically a cheat ,literally and one who ( probably) bet on his own team losing so that he benefits .
The worst example of a man masquerading as sone sort of misunderstood modern day footballer.
All those tattoos ? What a load of disingenuous waste if ink .

Ivan Toney on 15:27 - Jan 22 with 1399 viewsKeithHaynes

Ivan Toney on 12:43 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

Indeed.
Basically a cheat ,literally and one who ( probably) bet on his own team losing so that he benefits .
The worst example of a man masquerading as sone sort of misunderstood modern day footballer.
All those tattoos ? What a load of disingenuous waste if ink .

I mean, hasn’t he learned his lesson ? Are we asking too much for him to recognise his position in society. No principles.

Ivan Toney on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1236 viewsLuther27

Ivan Toney on 15:27 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

I mean, hasn’t he learned his lesson ? Are we asking too much for him to recognise his position in society. No principles.

The arrogance of a highly paid footballer Keith. And not a moral bone in his body….or the club for that matter. Why make him captain? Like a teenager sticking two fingers up to authority.
Ivan Toney on 22:28 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsswancity

I’m not sure that he can be criticised for moving the ball 12” to help him bend it around the wall. On the contrary. It’s football, players take throw ins from wrong places, dive, feign injury and do what they are allowed to get away with. The ref or his Asst should have spotted it and they didn’t. If that had been Lee Trundle we’d have rightly applauded his quick thinking, skill and audacity.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Ivan Toney on 22:50 - Jan 23 with 1092 viewsunion_jack

Ivan Toney on 22:28 - Jan 23 by swancity

I’m not sure that he can be criticised for moving the ball 12” to help him bend it around the wall. On the contrary. It’s football, players take throw ins from wrong places, dive, feign injury and do what they are allowed to get away with. The ref or his Asst should have spotted it and they didn’t. If that had been Lee Trundle we’d have rightly applauded his quick thinking, skill and audacity.

The pitch was marked where the ball should be placed. He moved it and as far as I could see managed to move a bit of foam there as well. Blatant cheating and I’d say the same if any of ours did it. But what’s more astounding is that this was his first game back after an 8 month ban for betting infringements or whatever. Not a good look!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ivan Toney on 00:58 - Jan 24 with 1064 viewsKeithHaynes

Ivan Toney on 22:28 - Jan 23 by swancity

Blatant cheating, and he moved the foam line.

Ivan Toney on 09:17 - Jan 24 with 1008 viewsRichardO

Ivan Toney on 00:58 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Don't you think 'how to cheat" is taught to the players as they develop from an earlier age and taught to use whatever advantage they can and try to not get caught.
We have seen how many of our players make sure a counterattack cannot happen, those lacking pace have to and are expected to blatantly take players out possibly coursing injury to the player or offender, they usually spotted and get punished with a caution.
The foam arc was put there to stop players cheating and because the offence was not spotted by the officials shouldn't a retrospective caution be given.
Any team should be switched on what the free kick taker is doing and highlight it to the referee if he doesn't listen then you have to take preventive measures yourselves.
The case of retrospective cautious should also be implemented for those diving to the ground to gain penalties when there is absolutely to contact with another player.
Blatant cheating happens, as a team you have to deal with it as a captain you have to highlight it to the ref everything you see it happening. In rugby a good captian is constantly bending the refs ear and the ref for the most part will listen if what the captain says is true, not everytime but they do get influenced.
Up to the club to complain retrospectively with unpunished potentially match affecting blatant cheating.
Ivan Toney on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 984 viewsonehunglow

Ivan Toney on 15:27 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

All he will have learned is not to get caught so easily.
Seen pictures of his completely tattooed upper body ,full of utter drivel and sentimental ,disiningenuous sheete .

Ivan Toney on 12:00 - Jan 24 with 933 viewstheloneranger

Where was VAR?? - when he was actually moving the ball twice and then the foam!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ivan Toney on 12:40 - Jan 24 with 925 viewsRichardO

Didn't see anyone question at the time or react come to that.
Ivan Toney on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 920 viewsKeithHaynes

Ivan Toney on 12:40 - Jan 24 by RichardO

Didn't see anyone question at the time or react come to that.

Nothing at all mate, nor the Lino either.

Ivan Toney on 13:20 - Jan 24 with 867 viewsswancity

Ivan Toney on 00:58 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

But it’s not “ cheating “

If Brentford stay up by two points this season do you think that they’ll refer to that incident as cheating. Of course they won’t. His quick thinking helped him score. Is pushing a defender off the ball out of the way cheating? Is taking a throw in from the wrong place cheating? Of course it’s not. It’s par for the course.

The referee and Asst should have been watching Toney. As it was the defensive wall was only seven yards away. Was that cheating ? Of course it wasn’t.

Ivan Toney on 13:50 - Jan 24 with 861 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Is there a law against moving the ball slightly though? It’s not as if he moved it closer to goal or moved it to a place nowhere near where the foul was committed. I think the fault lies completely with the defenders and keeper for being so thick.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Ivan Toney on 14:07 - Jan 24 with 840 viewsKeithHaynes

Ivan Toney on 13:50 - Jan 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Is there a law against moving the ball slightly though? It’s not as if he moved it closer to goal or moved it to a place nowhere near where the foul was committed. I think the fault lies completely with the defenders and keeper for being so thick.

Gaining an unfair advantage yes.
For me it’s more about the player than what he did.
His morals should be examined by his actions. He’s back for one game and he’s already highlighting his standards.

Ivan Toney on 15:06 - Jan 24 with 803 viewsswancity

Ivan Toney on 14:07 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Gaining an unfair advantage yes.
For me it’s more about the player than what he did.
His morals should be examined by his actions. He’s back for one game and he’s already highlighting his standards.

His quick thinking did indeed gain him an unfair advantage. But it certainly wasn’t “cheating”. Streetwise audacity. I’d be applauding that.

Ivan Toney on 15:26 - Jan 24 with 793 viewstheloneranger

Very much like Northampton's John Frain, who moved the ball when retaking that injury time free kick - when we lost that 1997 Wembley play off final.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ivan Toney on 16:22 - Jan 24 with 750 viewsdobjack2

Ivan Toney on 12:17 - Jan 22 by RichardO

That is the point.

None of the defenders pointed it out to the officials or thought that the wall needed repositioning. As for the one that could have stood on the end of the wall rather than doing nothing of any use, he seemed to be in a world of his own.

All teams will look to obtain whatever advantage they can, no use a team complaining after the event when something could easily have been countered by thinking about what was going on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024