Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget 08:20 - Mar 22 with 3631 viewsSwansIndependent


Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget 22nd Mar 2026 08:16
Our Olle does his post match reflections and looks at the game yesterday against Coventry. In his words, Swansea took a swing at Goliath and got punished for it. 0



The wise words of Olle, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
1
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 08:47 - Mar 22 with 3560 viewsBoundy

Good reporrt , prettyy much as most of us saw the game but he was better than me in putting it into words

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 08:50 - Mar 22 with 3546 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 08:47 - Mar 22 by Boundy

Good reporrt , prettyy much as most of us saw the game but he was better than me in putting it into words


He's a good lad is Olle, our Melker Widell, very astute at times. We are lucky to have him.

We recruit well i think, well, isn’t that what football is all about, good recruitment ! 😂👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

1
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:15 - Mar 22 with 3475 viewsblackpooljack

It's Haji Wright not Thomas- Asante that is chasing Vip at the top of the GS charts but saying that your marking of the players was much more accurate than the laughable ones WOL came up with.
[Post edited 22 Mar 9:21]
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:36 - Mar 22 with 3407 viewsglanmORJa_k

One just wonders how the game would have wound up if both Tymon and Widell's shots gone in instead of rebounding off the woodwork.

I'm getting the impression more and more that our defending needs a complete overhaul and why Ward did not start, shouldn't he be in the position now to start games fitness wise and leave Galbraith to create opportunities further up the pitch. If not Ward why on earth hasn't Samuels-Smith been tried on the right side.

Coventry's hatchet man Onyeka controlled the midfield and while Simms failed to get on the scoresheet he did enough work in and around the penalty area that embarrassed our big man - Vipotnik.
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:41 - Mar 22 with 3388 viewswwcigne

We concede too many goals because our defence isn’t good enough and we faff about at the back constantly ,creating chances for the opposition
Coventry always played forwards , not the pointless sideways and back ,time consuming ,ambitionless crap that gets you nowhere that we’ve become known for
Teams are happy for us to have the ball because as Parkinson said’they don’t do anything with it’
Vitor doesn’t look like he knows what to do about it or even what his best starting 11 is
We’re not as bad as we were under Williams and Sheehan , but footballing wise we’re not that much better
2
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:41 - Mar 22 with 3388 viewsOptimisticJack

Excellent account.
Very strange game.
Coventry clearly had the rub of the green and we didn't.
Game over at half time.
Next seasons rebuild should start from now.

Optimisticjack

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:46 - Mar 22 with 3349 viewsonehunglow

We did what we do only yesterday we gifted opposition three times in ten minutes
We are asking players to do what they can’t
Selection

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:34 - Mar 22 with 3258 viewsjohnlangy

The key word in the report is offensive. ALL their front, offensive players (and I mean 5 or 6 not just the forwards) were very quick, aggressive AND skilful.

The defence was just overwhelmed even allowing for the times when they should have maybe just wellied it upfield. But i'm pretty certain Vitor tells them to always (as much as possible) play the ball out from the back.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:51 - Mar 22 with 3224 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:34 - Mar 22 by johnlangy

The key word in the report is offensive. ALL their front, offensive players (and I mean 5 or 6 not just the forwards) were very quick, aggressive AND skilful.

The defence was just overwhelmed even allowing for the times when they should have maybe just wellied it upfield. But i'm pretty certain Vitor tells them to always (as much as possible) play the ball out from the back.


… which is fine but we haven’t the players to do so and it’s why I’m worried after being so effusive in my praise of Matos
We’ve hit a wall
We concede easy goals
We don’t convert chances
Still

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:59 - Mar 22 with 3202 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:34 - Mar 22 by johnlangy

The key word in the report is offensive. ALL their front, offensive players (and I mean 5 or 6 not just the forwards) were very quick, aggressive AND skilful.

The defence was just overwhelmed even allowing for the times when they should have maybe just wellied it upfield. But i'm pretty certain Vitor tells them to always (as much as possible) play the ball out from the back.


Galbraith was out of his depth against a top side, the reason being his initial RB position. However, I am sensing his play when in midfield at times is too defensive. Unleash his shackles Matos.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

2
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 12:02 - Mar 22 with 3124 viewsJJBomber

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 09:41 - Mar 22 by OptimisticJack

Excellent account.
Very strange game.
Coventry clearly had the rub of the green and we didn't.
Game over at half time.
Next seasons rebuild should start from now.


Indeed. Not sure what has happened to Vipi in the last two games, but he has been poor. Hitting the woodwork twice didn't help. Rushy pulled off a worldy save in goal as well. Another penalty turned down for us. We could have scored 5, but ended up with 0. Just one of those days. Make no mistake, Coventry were the better team, but our luck has deserted us of late.
1
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 13:22 - Mar 22 with 3018 viewsGwyn737

Great report.

The only think I’d add (unless my memory is playing tricks) is that prior to Burgess’ misplaced pass, the ball was only in that area of the pitch will because Ronald got unnecessarily caught off side not looking across the line.

3 mistakes one after the other = goal.
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 2989 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 13:22 - Mar 22 by Gwyn737

Great report.

The only think I’d add (unless my memory is playing tricks) is that prior to Burgess’ misplaced pass, the ball was only in that area of the pitch will because Ronald got unnecessarily caught off side not looking across the line.

3 mistakes one after the other = goal.


Three in twelve minutes = match lost.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 14:33 - Mar 22 with 2949 viewsJJBomber

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 13:22 - Mar 22 by Gwyn737

Great report.

The only think I’d add (unless my memory is playing tricks) is that prior to Burgess’ misplaced pass, the ball was only in that area of the pitch will because Ronald got unnecessarily caught off side not looking across the line.

3 mistakes one after the other = goal.


Not quite, but that 'offside' sums up our season. Ronald starts his run, the backs dither with the ball, Ronald continues, unmarked and onside. The backs continue to hold the ball. Ronald may or may not have strayed a millimetre offside, the backs finally pass the ball.
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 19:13 - Mar 22 with 2806 viewshowenjack

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:59 - Mar 22 by KeithHaynes

Galbraith was out of his depth against a top side, the reason being his initial RB position. However, I am sensing his play when in midfield at times is too defensive. Unleash his shackles Matos.


He was up against an experienced strong wiley competitor today in Mason Clarke. He didn't have things all his own way and was yellow carded in frustration as a result.
Mason Clarke "won " the penalty - I had a good view of it . He had lost his balance and was falling forward just before minimal contact was made by Cabango. The ref unfortunately fell for it - no pun intended . Not a pen .
We didn't learn the lesson from the first game this season with this fella scoring the winner at their place. He manhandled our defender at a corner - before the ball was kicked almost throwing him to the ground . This gained him an opportunity to strike a falling ball into the back of our net. Result 1 nil to Cov.
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 08:38 - Mar 23 with 2646 viewsDoubeDoube

Widell also hit the upright - not sure why he did not mention that. Soft pen and a few off the post plus Eom fannying about at the back..... woulda coulda shoulda
[Post edited 23 Mar 10:17]
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:06 - Mar 23 with 2586 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 08:38 - Mar 23 by DoubeDoube

Widell also hit the upright - not sure why he did not mention that. Soft pen and a few off the post plus Eom fannying about at the back..... woulda coulda shoulda
[Post edited 23 Mar 10:17]


The writer is very young and that was his first post match report. We encourage positivity for people who want to support our website and charity and offer developmental feedback for good people like Olle.

That’s why Liam Walters is now a full time journalist after three years with us receiving continual professional development and positive ways he can make his writing stand out. He is now fully employed as a result. We act upon development, not criticism without solutions.

I’m personally ‘not sure why’ you would choose to mention this, maybe others would like to comment ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 2567 viewsDoubeDoube

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:06 - Mar 23 by KeithHaynes

The writer is very young and that was his first post match report. We encourage positivity for people who want to support our website and charity and offer developmental feedback for good people like Olle.

That’s why Liam Walters is now a full time journalist after three years with us receiving continual professional development and positive ways he can make his writing stand out. He is now fully employed as a result. We act upon development, not criticism without solutions.

I’m personally ‘not sure why’ you would choose to mention this, maybe others would like to comment ?


Keith, it's a match report. A big moment was omitted, don't overthink it my friend. It's not that deep. Hopefully he will not see this as too negative
[Post edited 23 Mar 10:21]
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:23 - Mar 23 with 2547 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 10:19 - Mar 23 by DoubeDoube

Keith, it's a match report. A big moment was omitted, don't overthink it my friend. It's not that deep. Hopefully he will not see this as too negative
[Post edited 23 Mar 10:21]


Looking forward to hearing positives from you in the future.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 2432 viewsonehunglow

A match report cannot be an honest account if comments about errors made by players is ignored
It is not negative to criticise sports people s performances
It is absolutely wrong to sugar coat failings and if people including journalists don’t feel inclined to “ praise” good play then so be it . Negative it ain’t

We learn more from defeats than victories

The truth is often challenging and sometimes painful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 14:11 - Mar 23 with 2374 viewsliamW

Never read too much into something that is designed to undermine and cause offence.
0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 16:02 - Mar 23 with 2310 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 14:11 - Mar 23 by liamW

Never read too much into something that is designed to undermine and cause offence.


While I remember let me know how the chief exec chat went, wasn’t about too much yesterday ok tonight though. I understand he is offering a reduced rate for grandkids to be mascots, could be news for some on here 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 18:11 - Mar 23 with 2250 viewsRichardO

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 19:13 - Mar 22 by howenjack

He was up against an experienced strong wiley competitor today in Mason Clarke. He didn't have things all his own way and was yellow carded in frustration as a result.
Mason Clarke "won " the penalty - I had a good view of it . He had lost his balance and was falling forward just before minimal contact was made by Cabango. The ref unfortunately fell for it - no pun intended . Not a pen .
We didn't learn the lesson from the first game this season with this fella scoring the winner at their place. He manhandled our defender at a corner - before the ball was kicked almost throwing him to the ground . This gained him an opportunity to strike a falling ball into the back of our net. Result 1 nil to Cov.


Mason Clarke had the upper hand against Galbraith in the first game as well.
We haven't learned how to defend against the inside runner between the fullback and Centrehalf it has been our undoing for many a year. Once a team starts utilising it we seemed unable to stop it O'Brien seemed to be able to read the movement of the opposition midfielders or was it better tracking back instead of the wingers sitting outside they drop inside to defend leaving the opposition fullbacks with going down the line but cutting the path across the field also allowing our midfield to crowd out the midfield route across the pitch, there is a time to press up on players it is when we are in a good formation to do so.
1
Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 18:24 - Mar 23 with 2238 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : A horror sequence I will never forget on 18:11 - Mar 23 by RichardO

Mason Clarke had the upper hand against Galbraith in the first game as well.
We haven't learned how to defend against the inside runner between the fullback and Centrehalf it has been our undoing for many a year. Once a team starts utilising it we seemed unable to stop it O'Brien seemed to be able to read the movement of the opposition midfielders or was it better tracking back instead of the wingers sitting outside they drop inside to defend leaving the opposition fullbacks with going down the line but cutting the path across the field also allowing our midfield to crowd out the midfield route across the pitch, there is a time to press up on players it is when we are in a good formation to do so.


Good post from Richard, backbone of this site.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026