Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 15:29 - Nov 29 with 3490 viewsSgorioFruit

Dominant Swans off to an amazing start and find themselves 1-0 up.
Along comes Shelvey and undoes all our hard work.

Liabillity.
He doesn't fit our mindset nor team ethos.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Shelvey on 15:36 - Nov 29 with 2744 viewsIslander

Totally.
Too daft
Shelvey on 16:58 - Nov 29 with 2606 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Except of course it wasn't a Penalty.
Shelvey on 17:01 - Nov 29 with 2581 viewsChrisSCFC

Wasn't a pen but he gave the ball away unnecessarily all game and missed a golden chance.
Shelvey on 17:02 - Nov 29 with 2562 viewsMagicDaps

Shelvey had a very good game, essential in us keeping hold of the ball. I don't know how he can be blamed for yet another shocking refereeing decision.

Yes, he missed a chance he should have scored but so did Routledge who won't get scape goated.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Shelvey on 17:03 - Nov 29 with 2555 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Shelvey on 16:58 - Nov 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Except of course it wasn't a Penalty.

It was indeed a dive. Yet Jonjo didn't even protest; in fact his body language looked pretty guilty.

Maybe we are getting too used to being screwed by the refs.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 2402 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 17:02 - Nov 29 by MagicDaps

Shelvey had a very good game, essential in us keeping hold of the ball. I don't know how he can be blamed for yet another shocking refereeing decision.

Yes, he missed a chance he should have scored but so did Routledge who won't get scape goated.

He did not have a good game, worst player on the pitch - but it wasn't a penalty so cant blame him for that it would be unfair. Just one of those games for Jonjo. The nature of his game is and will be quite hit and miss, this game was very much a miss.

Cant say anything about any of the others though, not much you can do against a side that doesnt want to play football.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Shelvey on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 2402 viewsLeonisGod

He had a very good 20 mins. Gave away the pen and never recovered imo. Should have been the first off.
Shelvey on 18:11 - Nov 29 with 2320 viewsjohnlangy

Shelvey on 17:42 - Nov 29 by LeonisGod

He had a very good 20 mins. Gave away the pen and never recovered imo. Should have been the first off.

He looked completely unfit. I'm sure I could see a spare tyre round his waist. Generally slow and lethargic looking.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 18:12 - Nov 29 with 2314 viewsParlay

Yup i said to my Mrs he looked like he'd piled on some weight around the midriff too.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 18:14]

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 19:02 - Nov 29 with 2158 viewsSwansNZ

Not a penalty, so you can't really blame him for that.

I like Shelvey, but he was crap today, we should have subbed on Carroll early in the second half, IMO.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey on 19:04 - Nov 29 with 2148 viewsOldjack

Shelvey on 19:02 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Not a penalty, so you can't really blame him for that.

I like Shelvey, but he was crap today, we should have subbed on Carroll early in the second half, IMO.

he was crap today i must admit ,needs a time on the bench, perhaps that'll bring a spring back into his step

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey on 19:07 - Nov 29 with 2124 viewsThe_Doorman

Shelvey on 19:04 - Nov 29 by Oldjack

he was crap today i must admit ,needs a time on the bench, perhaps that'll bring a spring back into his step

Too lazy off the ball and lack of desire to track back. Needs a size 10 up his hoop!

I agree some bench time is needed. We cannot carry passengers like him.
Shelvey on 19:10 - Nov 29 with 2111 viewslegoman

IMHO he has become a liability. Whether it was a penalty or not is immaterial to me - he's one of those players refs now know has a hot head.

Plus, he seemed to wander around looking disinterested to me. He may not feel that way but its certainly the impression he gives.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Shelvey on 19:34 - Nov 29 with 2026 viewsMusical_Swan

Always been a huge faj of Jonjo's, now, due to circumstances beyond my control, I'd ha a few too many sherberts before today's game too remember any of it. It still pains me to say he feels oike the week chain in the squad at the mo though.

Nos da all. X

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Shelvey on 19:41 - Nov 29 with 1992 viewsbargoedjack

from where I was sat, Jonjo did some things very well and missed a sitter. He sprayed the ball around well by and large, won some good balls in midfield and was unlucky not to score after the chest down and quick shot, forcing a good save.

There was a period in the second half in particular where he instigated some of our better attacking play with break ups in midfield and intelligent use of the ball ...

Best player on the pitch today? No.

Total liability? Crap? Definitely not.
Shelvey on 19:41 - Nov 29 with 1992 viewsJackfath

JJS is not very clever. He needs to shape up big time.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shelvey on 19:46 - Nov 29 with 1966 viewsMusical_Swan

Shelvey on 19:41 - Nov 29 by bargoedjack

from where I was sat, Jonjo did some things very well and missed a sitter. He sprayed the ball around well by and large, won some good balls in midfield and was unlucky not to score after the chest down and quick shot, forcing a good save.

There was a period in the second half in particular where he instigated some of our better attacking play with break ups in midfield and intelligent use of the ball ...

Best player on the pitch today? No.

Total liability? Crap? Definitely not.

For me, the way Jonjo plays is vital for us, he gives us more options going forward, and can do the 'ugly stuff' well too.

Just not consistent enough for us at the moment, and I'm running out of patience rapidly.

Loves him though!

Shelvey on 19:54 - Nov 29 with 1925 viewsbargoedjack

Shelvey on 19:46 - Nov 29 by Musical_Swan

For me, the way Jonjo plays is vital for us, he gives us more options going forward, and can do the 'ugly stuff' well too.

Just not consistent enough for us at the moment, and I'm running out of patience rapidly.

Loves him though!

Fair analysis of JJS I guess at the moment. He is getting better over time though.

It's been 4 weeks since he last started for us, hasn't it? He usually gets better with a run of games ... though you're right about consistency. I'd keep playing him though - worth persevering with the mistakes and unlike Mr Carroll, he is our player.
Shelvey on 20:02 - Nov 29 with 1892 viewsMusical_Swan

Shelvey on 19:54 - Nov 29 by bargoedjack

Fair analysis of JJS I guess at the moment. He is getting better over time though.

It's been 4 weeks since he last started for us, hasn't it? He usually gets better with a run of games ... though you're right about consistency. I'd keep playing him though - worth persevering with the mistakes and unlike Mr Carroll, he is our player.

This has always been my point of view, but a fter a skinfull this afternoon, and even after dabbing out a nice fat one, I still can't get out of my head, that while the rest of the squad seem to be progressing, he seems to be regressing. So frustrated!!!!

Time for another jabba methinks!

Shelvey on 20:29 - Nov 29 with 1819 viewsOldjack

He needs too get his head up ,puff his chest out ,and play as if he's enjoying it the miserable twa*

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 1800 viewsScoobyWho

I can see JJS leaving us in the summer.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Shelvey on 20:51 - Nov 29 with 1735 viewscontroversial_jack

I was looking for the his on switch
Shelvey on 21:27 - Nov 29 with 1670 viewsymaohyd

With respect you are clueless.

I'd love him to do well, he has the talent but unfortunately something isn't right,

If that little something was right he'd be one of the first on Roy Hodgson's team list. Unfortunately many players over the years come into that category.

Persevere all you like it aint going to happen.

Get rid I'm afraid.

Gylfi and Bony are bailing the likes of Shelvey out.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Shelvey on 21:31 - Nov 29 with 1650 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 21:27 - Nov 29 by ymaohyd

With respect you are clueless.

I'd love him to do well, he has the talent but unfortunately something isn't right,

If that little something was right he'd be one of the first on Roy Hodgson's team list. Unfortunately many players over the years come into that category.

Persevere all you like it aint going to happen.

Get rid I'm afraid.

Gylfi and Bony are bailing the likes of Shelvey out.

I wouldn't say get rid of him, he has too much potential for that. Harnessing that potential looks an unenviable task though.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 21:31 - Nov 29 with 1649 views3swan

"I'd love him to do well, he has the talent but unfortunately something isn't right, "

It does seem that his reading of the game is a second or so behind what is needed. It's as if something kicks in and he then moves position etc. Not something that can be taught but may come with experience, but although still young has played enough games by now for it to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024