Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people 16:51 - Oct 26 with 2172 viewsPacemaker

Whilst going to work this morning at about 6 am there were two very bright lights in the sky, they were quite low in the sky and in the east. I initially thought it was a plane but they were obviously stars or planets I presume it was something like Venus, Mars or Jupiter.

Any explanation for this and is this some sort of event I should be aware of or is to go with the full moon tonight?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 16:58 - Oct 26 with 2158 viewsHighjack

Low in the sky in the early morning, almost certainly Venus and possibly Mercury.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:02 - Oct 26 with 2146 viewsDarran

Have you seen Uranus lately Pacey?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:09 - Oct 26 with 2120 viewsHighjack

Come on now, let's not let a perfectly decent thread descend into purile smut.

Uranus is a gas giant with an intricate ring system and a high methane content. There is absolutely nothing funny about it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:24 - Oct 26 with 2087 viewsWxmJax

Venus is the big bright one I believe. Jupiter is the next brightest and you can also see Mars lower down and fainter.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:29 - Oct 26 with 2079 viewsPacemaker

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:24 - Oct 26 by WxmJax

Venus is the big bright one I believe. Jupiter is the next brightest and you can also see Mars lower down and fainter.

That is basically what I saw I think. It was just something I had not noticed before and as I am usually out and about about this time it just occurred to me it might be something specific to this time of year.

It was particularly clear today and my first working day since the clocks went back so might be just that. Thanks for your replies not the sort of thing you can google easily.

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 2074 viewslifelong

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:29 - Oct 26 by Pacemaker

That is basically what I saw I think. It was just something I had not noticed before and as I am usually out and about about this time it just occurred to me it might be something specific to this time of year.

It was particularly clear today and my first working day since the clocks went back so might be just that. Thanks for your replies not the sort of thing you can google easily.

It is quite unusual to see the 3 planets together, this week is an exception, after the 29th you won't see it again until 2021.
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 18:12 - Oct 26 with 2034 viewsJackfath

It's a sight to behold and make one feel very small and insignificant.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 19:23 - Oct 26 with 1976 viewsPacemaker

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 18:12 - Oct 26 by Jackfath

It's a sight to behold and make one feel very small and insignificant.

It was very majestic in its beauty a sight to make you glad to be around looking up at the heavens.

Login to get fewer ads

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 1848 viewsHighjack

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 19:23 - Oct 26 by Pacemaker

It was very majestic in its beauty a sight to make you glad to be around looking up at the heavens.

Absolutely. In fact if you look up to the west just before sunset tonight, you don't even need a telescope, you will see nothing but a fu cking massive grey dreary cloud which is pis sing down a downpour of depressing ice cold rain that sucks the joy out of everyone for the next six months.

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 14:58 - Oct 27 with 1816 viewsPegojack

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 14:10 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Absolutely. In fact if you look up to the west just before sunset tonight, you don't even need a telescope, you will see nothing but a fu cking massive grey dreary cloud which is pis sing down a downpour of depressing ice cold rain that sucks the joy out of everyone for the next six months.

Yeah, and I've got to cycle home in it in two hours' time.
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 19:33 - Oct 27 with 1735 viewsWxmJax

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:29 - Oct 26 by Pacemaker

I cannot lie.

I saw the said planets last week, due to it never being cloudy up here in da sunny norf. Obviously they were planets so I just googled October early morning sky and voila.

Please feel free to think of me as a clever bugger though and put a high-vis top on your avatar

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:24 - Oct 27 with 1683 viewsWarwickHunt

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 19:23 - Oct 26 by Pacemaker

Keep your eyes on the road. Fücking cyclists...
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:30 - Oct 27 with 1671 viewsPacemaker

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:24 - Oct 27 by WarwickHunt

Keep your eyes on the road. Fücking cyclists...

Those who use the roads should continually scan their environment. Keeping your eyes solely on the road ensures you fail to notice the danger signs of children on footpaths,dogs,sheep etc.

You should probably ride a motorcycle or bike, it would improve your driving no end, it makes you more defensively alert.

Just try building up that NCB.

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:37 - Oct 27 with 1655 viewsWarwickHunt

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:30 - Oct 27 by Pacemaker

Those who use the roads should continually scan their environment. Keeping your eyes solely on the road ensures you fail to notice the danger signs of children on footpaths,dogs,sheep etc.

You should probably ride a motorcycle or bike, it would improve your driving no end, it makes you more defensively alert.

Just try building up that NCB.

Does wearing Lycra remove your sense of humour as well as making you look like a bit of a tw@t?

Full NCB thanks - thirty odd years of driving in London and no accidents. No fücking sheep up by yer see.

Haven't killed a cyclist yet but it's not for the want of trying.*

* joke
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:50 - Oct 27 with 1638 viewsPacemaker

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:37 - Oct 27 by WarwickHunt

Does wearing Lycra remove your sense of humour as well as making you look like a bit of a tw@t?

Full NCB thanks - thirty odd years of driving in London and no accidents. No fücking sheep up by yer see.

Haven't killed a cyclist yet but it's not for the want of trying.*

* joke

Nope but it obviously went whoosh over your head.

🚵🏼

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:55 - Oct 27 with 1631 viewsWarwickHunt

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 21:50 - Oct 27 by Pacemaker

Nope but it obviously went whoosh over your head.

🚵🏼

Lols
Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 1501 viewsperchrockjack

good advice from pacemaker

Plenty of drivers "never had an accident" - me ol fella hasn't yet and he s 90 but Im not sure Id want him anywhere near a road if had my way..

No man likes being called a bad d river or even having faults pointed out . Most drivers ,male ones ,think they re great drivers. They are not and in many cases their arrogance or the fact they have a feckoff premium brand car makes them dangerous; the aggressive arsewipes whose hands hit the horn before the brake or steering wheel.

Being called a bad driver or even having faults is on the same lines as being called a bad sh@g otr having a small dick. LETS FACE IT, CARS are often a penis extention.

WTF HAVE A RANGE ROVER IN LONDON or any city comes to that unless you have a boat or a horse to tow.

That reminds me...horses...keep the feck off the roads

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 16:25 - Oct 28 with 1439 viewswaynekerr55

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 13:27 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

good advice from pacemaker

Plenty of drivers "never had an accident" - me ol fella hasn't yet and he s 90 but Im not sure Id want him anywhere near a road if had my way..

No man likes being called a bad d river or even having faults pointed out . Most drivers ,male ones ,think they re great drivers. They are not and in many cases their arrogance or the fact they have a feckoff premium brand car makes them dangerous; the aggressive arsewipes whose hands hit the horn before the brake or steering wheel.

Being called a bad driver or even having faults is on the same lines as being called a bad sh@g otr having a small dick. LETS FACE IT, CARS are often a penis extention.

WTF HAVE A RANGE ROVER IN LONDON or any city comes to that unless you have a boat or a horse to tow.

That reminds me...horses...keep the feck off the roads

What about thoise with kids and pets and who regularly visit their loved ones PERCH?

I could see myself in a Q7, alternatively I'll probably be in a golf estate or a Skoda estate.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 18:54 - Oct 28 with 1399 viewsSenhin

You can get an app on your phone... I think it was called Google Sky Map?

If you hold it up to the sky it tells you what things are, and you can search a planet or whatever and It will put an arrow on the screen to show you where to turn etc to be looking at that.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 17:31 - Oct 29 with 1298 viewsHighjack

Dr Jackfath and other such planet people on 18:54 - Oct 28 by Senhin

You can get an app on your phone... I think it was called Google Sky Map?

If you hold it up to the sky it tells you what things are, and you can search a planet or whatever and It will put an arrow on the screen to show you where to turn etc to be looking at that.

Yeah that's a fantastic app. It's such a shame we rarely get clear nights round here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024