Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football managers biggest job myth ever ! 09:45 - Dec 27 with 1271 viewsLoyal

Honestly, do clubs need these people !

LVG meant to be good ? He looks like he is on Gower Peninsula mushrooms.
Jose - fck up. Always had the best to chose from, when it gets a bit rocky he turns in to a clown.
Captain Blinko at Liverpool - heads gone and won't be there in 18 months.
One season the team is magnificent, the next it's shit - Monk.

It's all about coaching and training right and attitude - Leicester.

Look at all the fck ups Pardew has made, he still gets employed and no I don't think 'he' has taken them in to the position they are in today.

Allardyce - how does he manage to get clubs to pay him hundreds of thousands a year to slouch in his seat and be shit at his job ?

A real point in case is Mark Hughes, fairly shit most of the time but this season his players are getting him the odd result.

What about Eddie Howe ? Sacked at Burnley then gets Bournemouth promoted.

No club needs these people, it's all a fcking myth I tell you.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 10:53 - Dec 27 with 1192 viewssomersetsimon

On a tactical level, I expect there are better managers in the lower leagues. I'm sure a lot of it is psychological. If the players and fans believe the manager has a good reputations and knows what he's doing, then they'll follow. Very few clubs have the guts (or the football knowledge) to appoint a manager because of his technical ability - it's much safer to appoint a name (e.g. McLaren at Newcastle)

As soon as the mask slips and people lose confidence, then they are finished.
The really strange bit is that the next club seems completely oblivious to what happened in the past.
Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 1175 viewsLoyal

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 10:53 - Dec 27 by somersetsimon

On a tactical level, I expect there are better managers in the lower leagues. I'm sure a lot of it is psychological. If the players and fans believe the manager has a good reputations and knows what he's doing, then they'll follow. Very few clubs have the guts (or the football knowledge) to appoint a manager because of his technical ability - it's much safer to appoint a name (e.g. McLaren at Newcastle)

As soon as the mask slips and people lose confidence, then they are finished.
The really strange bit is that the next club seems completely oblivious to what happened in the past.

Always a genuine poster is Somerset Simon, used to know a lad called Simon from Somerset.

Had a wooly surname.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:06 - Dec 27 with 1145 viewsdgt73

It's all about man management. Ferguson had it spot on - he knew who to shout at and who to put an arm around. Bring a few good coaches and you're almost there.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:20 - Dec 27 with 1100 viewsraynor94

Got to disagree about Pardew, what fck up can you recall? and sorry the Palace comment is laughable, they were in the relegation zone this time last year!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 1047 viewsLoyal

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:20 - Dec 27 by raynor94

Got to disagree about Pardew, what fck up can you recall? and sorry the Palace comment is laughable, they were in the relegation zone this time last year!

My point is it's fck all to do with him.
He is another example of the gravy train of non success these people bring with them.

He hasn't ever won anything, and is memorable only for fcking up Newcatle and in time, this season will fck up Palace too.

DGT ( again ) is right, see above.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:50 - Dec 27 with 1006 viewsdgt73

You only have to look at our own club for an example:- last season under Monk everything seems ok no falling out etc and we have a great season- compare that to this, with more or less the same players and the reported arguments etc and we find ourselves down near the bottom.
The most important thing for Alan Curtis to have done when he took over was to rebuild the team spirit and he seems to have done that on the evidence of yesterday's match.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:53 - Dec 27 with 995 viewsNeath_Jack

Dutch Ray couldn't be reached for comment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:00 - Dec 27 with 980 viewswaynekerr55

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:06 - Dec 27 by dgt73

It's all about man management. Ferguson had it spot on - he knew who to shout at and who to put an arm around. Bring a few good coaches and you're almost there.

Is the correct answer.

Lads in work (big Gooners) said that if Fergie was at Utd they'd be in the knockout stages and p*ssing the league.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:00 - Dec 27 with 980 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 11:50 - Dec 27 by dgt73

You only have to look at our own club for an example:- last season under Monk everything seems ok no falling out etc and we have a great season- compare that to this, with more or less the same players and the reported arguments etc and we find ourselves down near the bottom.
The most important thing for Alan Curtis to have done when he took over was to rebuild the team spirit and he seems to have done that on the evidence of yesterday's match.

The parallel between Monk & Jose are obvious, both had massive years followed by disasters, both losing (some of) their teams.
So it doesn't matter how much experience you have or what kind of Rep, if you lose the players you lose your job.
VDG is probably next.
Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 965 viewsPrivate_Partz

Managers can make or break a club and just like players they can go off form or lose their way. The post of manager is essential to our club. He should be a big name with a reputation that can attract players. He should therefore be the highest salary on the payroll.
Unlike bigger clubs we do not have the resources to bounce back if it goes nipples up.
For us it is major appointment and I really hope the delay is down to the fact we are getting the right man.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:08 - Dec 27 with 930 viewsLoyal

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:03 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

Managers can make or break a club and just like players they can go off form or lose their way. The post of manager is essential to our club. He should be a big name with a reputation that can attract players. He should therefore be the highest salary on the payroll.
Unlike bigger clubs we do not have the resources to bounce back if it goes nipples up.
For us it is major appointment and I really hope the delay is down to the fact we are getting the right man.

So if a club didn't have a manager then they wouldn't either make nor break the club.

I'm not sure about all this, a well controlled training staff with a transparent strategy behind their methods ( like we used to have to an extent ) would work at most clubs. From this thread all I get is of that if a manager can motivate the players in times of doom then that's pretty much their job.

A manage then is an unqualified personal development trainer. £15 an hour tops.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 898 viewswaynekerr55

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:08 - Dec 27 by Loyal

So if a club didn't have a manager then they wouldn't either make nor break the club.

I'm not sure about all this, a well controlled training staff with a transparent strategy behind their methods ( like we used to have to an extent ) would work at most clubs. From this thread all I get is of that if a manager can motivate the players in times of doom then that's pretty much their job.

A manage then is an unqualified personal development trainer. £15 an hour tops.

£15 an hour?

That's what community coaches get paid 😂😂😂😂

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 13:05 - Dec 27 with 831 viewsSgorioFruit

SgorioFruit

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! (n/t) on 13:19 - Dec 27 with 797 viewsdgt73

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 13:05 - Dec 27 by SgorioFruit

SgorioFruit

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! (n/t) on 13:19 - Dec 27 with 797 viewsdgt73

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 13:05 - Dec 27 by SgorioFruit

SgorioFruit

Is
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 13:21]

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 13:26 - Dec 27 with 785 viewsLoyal

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 12:21 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

£15 an hour?

That's what community coaches get paid 😂😂😂😂

I thought I was being generous and saving the club a few quid at the same time 👍

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 13:54 - Dec 27 with 740 viewsClinton

"Captain Blinko at Liverpool - heads gone and won't be there in 18 months."
I loves it, I wonder if he forgot to take his tablets before his encounter with Pulis.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:01 - Dec 27 with 724 viewssherpajacob

so basically you are saying we would still have made it to the premier league with brian flynn or kenny jackett in charge.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:06 - Dec 27 with 713 viewsdgt73

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:01 - Dec 27 by sherpajacob

so basically you are saying we would still have made it to the premier league with brian flynn or kenny jackett in charge.

Who knows - under Jackett we were 1 game away from the championship.
IMO probably not, Martinez didn't just bring in a certain style, but also made players feel special. Even if you didn't have a manager and only had coaches, you'd still have someone who was in charge- so that would be a "manager" but with a different job description.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:09 - Dec 27 with 704 viewslegoman

I'm getting ticked off with "player power" more than anything tbh. Its a sad state of affairs that a few multi-millionaire half-wits can bring a club and its manager to the brink on a whim. It's about time the reward model was changed. If you're not in the team/bench you get no pay. That would sort out any lazy feckers.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:11 - Dec 27 with 699 viewsdgt73

Lol don't be so daft

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:16 - Dec 27 with 680 viewsLoyal

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:01 - Dec 27 by sherpajacob

No but quicker had they not been there at all.

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:34 - Dec 27 with 659 viewswaynekerr55

Football managers biggest job myth ever ! on 14:09 - Dec 27 by legoman

I'm getting ticked off with "player power" more than anything tbh. Its a sad state of affairs that a few multi-millionaire half-wits can bring a club and its manager to the brink on a whim. It's about time the reward model was changed. If you're not in the team/bench you get no pay. That would sort out any lazy feckers.

I think clubs in general are missing the trick in terms of performance management and appraisals. However that's not going to happen given that (a) the clubs won't work together and (b) a club would take a punt on someone sacked, therefore losing the 'dismissers' a transfer fee

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024