Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greek Islands 17:52 - Dec 27 with 2653 viewsjack_lord

There has been some form of mutiny in the household and a request that we holiday in one of the Greek Islands next summer has been made.

I have been to Corfu and Zante but that was a long time ago and to be honest thought Zante was crap compared to Corfu. Who has been recently and has got recommendations of where to stay and what is there to do.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Greek Islands on 17:58 - Dec 27 with 1690 viewsbuilthjack

Crete is beautiful, especially if you hire a car and see some of it. If you just want to sit by a pool, then it doesn't matter where you go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Greek Islands on 18:03 - Dec 27 with 1674 viewsjack_lord

Greek Islands on 17:58 - Dec 27 by builthjack

Crete is beautiful, especially if you hire a car and see some of it. If you just want to sit by a pool, then it doesn't matter where you go.

The wife suggested Crete but does want to know what will be there to entertain the kids 12 and 16. What places are good to stay in with the pre-requisite of Tavernas and restaurants.

Greek Islands on 18:07 - Dec 27 with 1661 viewsmonmouth

Depends what you like and what you mean by recent! Cyclades - Paros and Naxos were beautiful as was Santorini (Thira) but all of that was in 1989. I'd still be tempted by Paros (the Naoussa bit) and definitely to see Santorini even though it was starting to get americanised even then. We flew to Crete and just got ferries and island hopped so if you don't like one, on to the next. Easy to find very nice accomodation on the day. Travelled light in them days though. Fond memories of diving off rocks into beautiful clear blue water. Can probably get to a lot of the smaller ones now too.

Also been told Skiathos is good but never been. I would tend to avoid the popular ones like Corfu, Crete, Mykanos, Zante like the plague, but it all depends what floats your boat.

#Obviously I take no responsibility if any of these places are absolute shite...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Greek Islands on 18:08 - Dec 27 with 1657 viewsmonmouth

Ah, your previous e-mail has probably just negated everything I said...

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 27 with 1633 viewsjack_lord

Greek Islands on 18:07 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Depends what you like and what you mean by recent! Cyclades - Paros and Naxos were beautiful as was Santorini (Thira) but all of that was in 1989. I'd still be tempted by Paros (the Naoussa bit) and definitely to see Santorini even though it was starting to get americanised even then. We flew to Crete and just got ferries and island hopped so if you don't like one, on to the next. Easy to find very nice accomodation on the day. Travelled light in them days though. Fond memories of diving off rocks into beautiful clear blue water. Can probably get to a lot of the smaller ones now too.

Also been told Skiathos is good but never been. I would tend to avoid the popular ones like Corfu, Crete, Mykanos, Zante like the plague, but it all depends what floats your boat.

#Obviously I take no responsibility if any of these places are absolute shite...

I did island hopping back in 1990 and it was brilliant. We have to be midful of the kids entertainment but still want to get out and discover the island as well as dip in the sea and pool but as well as being able to get well feed in a taverna at the end of the day.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 18:20]

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:43 - Dec 27 with 1591 viewsmax936

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Dec 27 by jack_lord

I did island hopping back in 1990 and it was brilliant. We have to be midful of the kids entertainment but still want to get out and discover the island as well as dip in the sea and pool but as well as being able to get well feed in a taverna at the end of the day.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 18:20]

Is the 16yr old a lad Jas? if so the only entertainment he'll be after is chasing a young filly around and getting stuck into a beer or two, although my eldest is 22 and still shy

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Dec 27 with 1581 viewsjack_lord

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:43 - Dec 27 by max936

Is the 16yr old a lad Jas? if so the only entertainment he'll be after is chasing a young filly around and getting stuck into a beer or two, although my eldest is 22 and still shy

Steve, he is 16 and quite shy and prefers the xbox and a book but did indulge in caramel vodka last holiday but really isn't taken by fizzy drinks.

Greek Islands on 18:50 - Dec 27 with 1572 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Pefkos in Rhodes is very good been there a few times

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Greek Islands on 18:52 - Dec 27 with 1564 viewsCooperman

Crete in one word - dilapidated.

Or at least it was in 2013 and I don't think they've allocated much to public spending since then.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Greek Islands on 18:55 - Dec 27 with 1555 viewsDarran

Just go to Florida.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Greek Islands on 19:04 - Dec 27 with 1530 viewsexiledclaseboy

We're going to Venice in March.

Just saying.

Poll: Tory leader

Greek Islands on 19:09 - Dec 27 with 1514 viewsDarran

Greek Islands on 19:04 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Just saying.

How you getting there?

Greek Islands on 19:09 - Dec 27 with 1514 viewsexiledclaseboy

Greek Islands on 19:09 - Dec 27 by Darran

How you getting there?

Aeroplane.

Greek Islands on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 1490 viewsmonmouth

Just saying.

Venice is crap

Greek Islands on 19:23 - Dec 27 with 1487 viewsexiledclaseboy

Greek Islands on 19:19 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Venice is crap

Well that's cheered me up. Thanks. Wife's choice. I am, as usual, just paying and doing as I'm told.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 19:24]

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 1471 viewsmax936

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Dec 27 by jack_lord

Steve, he is 16 and quite shy and prefers the xbox and a book but did indulge in caramel vodka last holiday but really isn't taken by fizzy drinks.

My lads the same Jas he's 22 though, in his bedroom doing uni work or its laptop, PS4 Neflix or Iplayer only time we see him is when his belly's rumbling

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Greek Islands on 19:30 - Dec 27 with 1452 viewsDarran

Greek Islands on 19:09 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Aeroplane.

Blimey.

Greek Islands on 19:31 - Dec 27 with 1451 viewsexiledclaseboy

Greek Islands on 19:30 - Dec 27 by Darran

Blimey.

She flew last summer for the first time since 1997.

Greek Islands on 19:38 - Dec 27 with 1424 viewsmonmouth

Greek Islands on 19:23 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

Well that's cheered me up. Thanks. Wife's choice. I am, as usual, just paying and doing as I'm told.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 19:24]

Only messing. You'll love it. There's a lot of things to look at, and not all are blonde.

Greek Islands on 19:49 - Dec 27 with 1406 viewsJackfath

I must be missing something.

Why do you need entertainment for the kids?

They are on holiday in a different place. There you go kids, entertain yourselves while me and your mother relaxe by the pool/beach/bar. Pop back when you're hungry. Oh and on one day we are going to a water park.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Greek Islands on 19:53 - Dec 27 with 1396 viewswaynekerr55

Greek Islands on 19:49 - Dec 27 by Jackfath

I must be missing something.

Why do you need entertainment for the kids?

They are on holiday in a different place. There you go kids, entertain yourselves while me and your mother relaxe by the pool/beach/bar. Pop back when you're hungry. Oh and on one day we are going to a water park.

Parent of the year 2015 goes to Dr Jackfath...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Greek Islands on 20:02 - Dec 27 with 1375 viewsDarran

Greek Islands on 19:31 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

She flew last summer for the first time since 1997.

Tidy makes life easier.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:29 - Dec 27 with 1306 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Dec 27 by max936

My lads the same Jas he's 22 though, in his bedroom doing uni work or its laptop, PS4 Neflix or Iplayer only time we see him is when his belly's rumbling

You must have got my youngest son there Max

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Greek Islands on 21:46 - Dec 27 with 1269 viewsLoyal

Just saying.

Leave your water divvy things behind pal.
You will get in all sorts of bother there with those things, water everywhere.

Went there in 2010. Watch out for the scammers round Marco polo square, some were stripping a 100 euros a time off the yanks for a short trip and a song on one of those canoe things.

Cornetto cnts..

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Greek Islands on 23:37 - Dec 27 with 1204 viewsraynor94

Very popular with Syrians and Afghans these days, stick to Spain Portugal or Italy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024