Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OUR BOARDROOM 11:47 - Jan 23 with 6732 viewsswansealad69

Have become a shambles
This season has shown them up to to be small minded and out off there depth
We are but 9 days from the end off the transfer window and alltho been linked with everyone still there is no sign off anyone.
We all new back in November that we would need a striker and should have done all that was needed to secure someone in order for him to be here within a few days off the window opening
Gives him and the players a chance to settle in and play alongside each other.
But not us
What ever the outcome off this season a big shake up is needed at the top in order to Atleast get the club running on a professional playing field
I will say it looks like they are expecting to go down and there for preparing for the championship
If so then that's fine but to be doing so with so long left and plenty off points to play for is poor at best.
OUR BOARDROOM on 11:52 - Jan 23 with 3044 viewsDarran

You did this last week mun cant you remember?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:04 - Jan 23 with 3000 viewsJackanapes

OUR BOARDROOM on 11:52 - Jan 23 by Darran

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:16 - Jan 23 with 2947 viewsnantywatcher

I'd stick to radio phone-ins if I was you. Your logic is about as good as your spelling of the English language
OUR BOARDROOM on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 2924 viewsswansealad69

Don't come in here to promote my lack off grammar skills to be honest
And for you to point and mock them shows you to be the clown infarnes
😀
OUR BOARDROOM on 12:21 - Jan 23 with 2905 viewsjackjackjackjack

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:18 - Jan 23 by swansealad69

Don't come in here to promote my lack off grammar skills to be honest
And for you to point and mock them shows you to be the clown infarnes
😀

This is a wind up, yes?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:26 - Jan 23 with 2874 viewsswansealad69

And?
I believe another week has passed us by were we still ain't any closer to signing a players let alone a striker
But off course all you who love and worship our board for what they done years ago are blinded by that and can't see what a fu#k up they have become
The root off this season layes solely with our board who are to small minded to organise and run a business on a global scale
New blood is needed'someone who will organise the club from the top so that the playing and management staff getting all that's needed to go about there businesses
Huw scouting and buying players he wants?
Realy does he think this is fifa on the xbox?
OUR BOARDROOM on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 2844 viewsswansealad69

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:21 - Jan 23 by jackjackjackjack

This is a wind up, yes?

Please explain your comment?
I post on here to air my views on football matters (mainey on the club iv love)
I don't post here to be ridiculed by others who decided to not reply to my opinion on the op but to mock my English.
Didn't know this was a board for the perfect education pepole amongst us
OUR BOARDROOM on 12:41 - Jan 23 with 2782 viewsshimmie

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:30 - Jan 23 by swansealad69

Please explain your comment?
I post on here to air my views on football matters (mainey on the club iv love)
I don't post here to be ridiculed by others who decided to not reply to my opinion on the op but to mock my English.
Didn't know this was a board for the perfect education pepole amongst us

The problem people have with you is that you're not at all balanced. You don't come on here after win, celebrating or relieved at getting the win. You're entirely negative and and that's all you contribute. It's tedious and f*cking boring. What do you get out of supporting the swans as it doesn't appear to bring you any joy?
Login to get fewer ads

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 2776 viewsDewi1jack

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:16 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

I'd stick to radio phone-ins if I was you. Your logic is about as good as your spelling of the English language

I understand the logic of this bit of the OP and it makes a lot of sense.

"We all new back in November that we would need a striker and should have done all that was needed to secure someone in order for him to be here within a few days off the window opening
Gives him and the players a chance to settle in and play alongside each other. "

Possibly there was no proven striker out there (short term risk on Austin? If he could score for QPhaha, he could score for us.)
There's no doubting that our Board have taken some monumentally flawed decisions since the end of the last season.
Maybe us being where we are is the wake up call they need to stop believing their own hype.
Hope they bring in who the Don (i'm not kissing his ring though ) wants and don't fukim around with players, as they are known to have done in the past

The rest of the OP is just a rant and totally suited to radio shows (talksh1te etc)
Don't think there is any need to attack someone over their written English though.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:04 - Jan 23 with 2694 viewsswansealad69

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:41 - Jan 23 by shimmie

The problem people have with you is that you're not at all balanced. You don't come on here after win, celebrating or relieved at getting the win. You're entirely negative and and that's all you contribute. It's tedious and f*cking boring. What do you get out of supporting the swans as it doesn't appear to bring you any joy?

We are in this problem due to our board
I have said on many occasions that what our board have done to get us this far is remarkable
I like only a few real fans have witnessed the horrid times we suffered in the high courts and the petty fiasco
And am grateful to the board for what they have done
But this season has been a shambles and appointing Monk was a mistake as a club stalwart has now cut all links with the club due to the board going cheap
Then there is the speculation on martin morgan and dyer's wife or mother
He is now apparently had all his assets sized due to divorce proceedings
Now we all know something is wrong and things get twisted but this iv been told is along the true tracks.
Allso been told the fans trust director Mr cooze who has a printing business has all the contracts for the club?
Now again it's what iv been told but as I might not be the best educated person around I do know many fans who are linked with the club and or have been part off the backroom
So yes I might be negative to a point but when I here some off what has been going on behind the scenes that now effects what's happening on it have every right to ask the questions
For all or our board have done it does seam it has become a boys club that only certain pepole are allowed in if they meet the criteria
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:10 - Jan 23 with 2674 viewsMillie

And the club are still skint, no change there, as always sensible decisions are being made on your behalf swansea lad, don't spend what you haven't got
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:26 - Jan 23 with 2597 viewslancasterswan

Let's look on the bright side here shall we. The board is well populated with highly experienced businessmen, entrepreneurs and legal and financial professionals. To suggest that folk like Huw Jenkins, Martin Morgan, Brian Katzen, Steve Penny or John van Zweden to name but five, are small minded and out of their depth is just a joke, surely.

With his hand very close to his chest, I am convinced that Jenkins has just laid an ace on the table with Guidolin. He will not do anything dramatic if he can't get who he wants at the right price. He certainly won't do what Sunderland and Newcastle are doing right now, collecting their chips together and going 'all in' for any tom dick or harry.

Stay calm and enjoy the ride. I'll only be getting uneasy if we get no points out of the Bournemouth and Norwich games in March.
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:39 - Jan 23 with 2544 viewsClinton

The Board members are the major shareholders who own the club. Who's going to shake them up?
The relegation threat is the best wake-up call they could have had. They have responded with the appointment of Guidolin to try to keep us up; not a bad call in the circumstances of other candidates not being interested.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:41 - Jan 23 with 2533 viewsGeoffThom

I luv these ones ,yes the board have fecked up this year but were they cocking it up last year when everyone and his brother were lauding monk and co ,no, as for changing the board ,too what I don't see anyone beating a path too the front door to take over and when somebody shows an interest this board and others goes into meltdown and they want nothing to do with takeovers they are only after the money they scream ,so for now put up and shut up
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:41 - Jan 23 with 2533 viewsCopaMundial

Swansea lad has got a point,and for those mocking his lack of grammar....take a look at yourself

"Don't spend what we haven't got"....well by the sound of things we already have.
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:43 - Jan 23 with 2505 viewsJackSomething

OUR BOARDROOM on 12:26 - Jan 23 by swansealad69

And?
I believe another week has passed us by were we still ain't any closer to signing a players let alone a striker
But off course all you who love and worship our board for what they done years ago are blinded by that and can't see what a fu#k up they have become
The root off this season layes solely with our board who are to small minded to organise and run a business on a global scale
New blood is needed'someone who will organise the club from the top so that the playing and management staff getting all that's needed to go about there businesses
Huw scouting and buying players he wants?
Realy does he think this is fifa on the xbox?

But they have appointed a manager in the last week, so you can't say they haven't done anything.

There's no need to defend your grammar, but I honestly can't remember a single positive post from you. Hard to define yourself as a 'true fan' in those circumstances.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:45 - Jan 23 with 2490 viewsawayjack

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:26 - Jan 23 by lancasterswan

Let's look on the bright side here shall we. The board is well populated with highly experienced businessmen, entrepreneurs and legal and financial professionals. To suggest that folk like Huw Jenkins, Martin Morgan, Brian Katzen, Steve Penny or John van Zweden to name but five, are small minded and out of their depth is just a joke, surely.

With his hand very close to his chest, I am convinced that Jenkins has just laid an ace on the table with Guidolin. He will not do anything dramatic if he can't get who he wants at the right price. He certainly won't do what Sunderland and Newcastle are doing right now, collecting their chips together and going 'all in' for any tom dick or harry.

Stay calm and enjoy the ride. I'll only be getting uneasy if we get no points out of the Bournemouth and Norwich games in March.

I'll have a pint of whatever you drink please. Your blind optimism must be fuelled by something very strong if you think we can carry on like this until March before worrying. Jesus.
OUR BOARDROOM on 13:53 - Jan 23 with 2435 viewslondonlisa2001

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:10 - Jan 23 by Millie

And the club are still skint, no change there, as always sensible decisions are being made on your behalf swansea lad, don't spend what you haven't got

If the club are skint it's a fairly damning indication that the club has very definitely not been making 'sensible decisions on your behalf' (and incidentally could a more patronising tone be used - you know, just in case posters could be made to feel a bit more thick)!!

But let's look at the known info shall we instead of peddling the excuses.

When planning for this window (and funnily, it's pretty easy to plan out the year financially in football as all or virtually all income streams are fixed to a large extent unlike most other businesses - the 'extra income' bits (a) don't come until the end of the season so are not important at this stage and (b) in our case go largely to players anyway so don't affect the club financially by too much) the club would have assumed that Monk would still be in place and that the squad would remain as is. Events overtook us (we should have planned for that as a possibility by the way but let's ignore that for now) and we got rid of Monk and his merry band and we've also sold Shelvey and sent Tabanou out on loan.

So as a difference from the planned events it will have cost us to sack Monk and we've received a fee for Shelvey and got two first team squad members off the books for wages. Monk cost what? £3m widely suggested, surely this is a maximum, so let's call it £3m. We received in £12m for Shelvey and his wages will have been at least around the £40k a week mark after his new contract (probably more). Tabanou wages say £20k a week.

So from the planned figures we are up £9m and saving £60k on wages each week.

On top of that, we had the money to go after Bielsa (and that was before JJS and Tabanou went) and Guidolin will be on substantially less than the club will have assumed for Bielsa (unless they were very very naive). So that money is also available.

So pkease stop using the 'we're skint' bit as an excuse - it simply doesn't stack up. What does stack up is that the club are now crapping themselves that we'll go down, so future commitments are now looking frightening. Well, there should have been a little less hubris then previously and plans should always have included a relegation threatened scenario. To get to the final week in January and still with no striker that can be relied on at the club is frankly, the very opposite of making 'sensible decisions on our behalf'.

The board have done an excellent job over the past decade, but this year has been an utter shambles and it needs to be recognised so that lessons can be learnt.

I apologise for tha rant, but honestly, these 'the board always know best and can never be criticised' posts are really annoying. It's not a cult.
OUR BOARDROOM on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 2398 viewsawayjack

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:53 - Jan 23 by londonlisa2001

If the club are skint it's a fairly damning indication that the club has very definitely not been making 'sensible decisions on your behalf' (and incidentally could a more patronising tone be used - you know, just in case posters could be made to feel a bit more thick)!!

But let's look at the known info shall we instead of peddling the excuses.

When planning for this window (and funnily, it's pretty easy to plan out the year financially in football as all or virtually all income streams are fixed to a large extent unlike most other businesses - the 'extra income' bits (a) don't come until the end of the season so are not important at this stage and (b) in our case go largely to players anyway so don't affect the club financially by too much) the club would have assumed that Monk would still be in place and that the squad would remain as is. Events overtook us (we should have planned for that as a possibility by the way but let's ignore that for now) and we got rid of Monk and his merry band and we've also sold Shelvey and sent Tabanou out on loan.

So as a difference from the planned events it will have cost us to sack Monk and we've received a fee for Shelvey and got two first team squad members off the books for wages. Monk cost what? £3m widely suggested, surely this is a maximum, so let's call it £3m. We received in £12m for Shelvey and his wages will have been at least around the £40k a week mark after his new contract (probably more). Tabanou wages say £20k a week.

So from the planned figures we are up £9m and saving £60k on wages each week.

On top of that, we had the money to go after Bielsa (and that was before JJS and Tabanou went) and Guidolin will be on substantially less than the club will have assumed for Bielsa (unless they were very very naive). So that money is also available.

So pkease stop using the 'we're skint' bit as an excuse - it simply doesn't stack up. What does stack up is that the club are now crapping themselves that we'll go down, so future commitments are now looking frightening. Well, there should have been a little less hubris then previously and plans should always have included a relegation threatened scenario. To get to the final week in January and still with no striker that can be relied on at the club is frankly, the very opposite of making 'sensible decisions on our behalf'.

The board have done an excellent job over the past decade, but this year has been an utter shambles and it needs to be recognised so that lessons can be learnt.

I apologise for tha rant, but honestly, these 'the board always know best and can never be criticised' posts are really annoying. It's not a cult.

Agree. Sadly there always comes a time when sucessful teams need a change to freshen things up. Our Board started to believe the hype and became more and more insular off the field and it's now reflecting on it. The constant comments about our prudent Board often in the same sentence as we're skint tests even the most rose tinted logic.
OUR BOARDROOM on 14:03 - Jan 23 with 2388 viewslancasterswan

OUR BOARDROOM on 13:45 - Jan 23 by awayjack

I'll have a pint of whatever you drink please. Your blind optimism must be fuelled by something very strong if you think we can carry on like this until March before worrying. Jesus.

Ha ha ha

Let's look at it this way. Our allegedly hopeless board gave Monk the boot in early December with a heavy heart. After the win against Man Utd, Monk presided over 11 Prem games and we took 6 whole points out of them. Since then we have played another 7 and taken 8 points, could easily have been more with luck. We are heading in the right direction. And the board made exactly the right decision.
OUR BOARDROOM on 14:06 - Jan 23 with 2368 viewsmonmouth

Butt out you. I only come on here once a week to find out if our board is still a shambles.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

OUR BOARDROOM on 14:07 - Jan 23 with 2356 viewsmonmouth

OUR BOARDROOM on 14:06 - Jan 23 by monmouth

Butt out you. I only come on here once a week to find out if our board is still a shambles.

Just realised. It's actually our boardroom that's a shambles. Phew. get the cleaners in Huw.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

OUR BOARDROOM on 14:12 - Jan 23 with 2337 viewsawayjack

OUR BOARDROOM on 14:03 - Jan 23 by lancasterswan

Ha ha ha

Let's look at it this way. Our allegedly hopeless board gave Monk the boot in early December with a heavy heart. After the win against Man Utd, Monk presided over 11 Prem games and we took 6 whole points out of them. Since then we have played another 7 and taken 8 points, could easily have been more with luck. We are heading in the right direction. And the board made exactly the right decision.

Yes we've seen a big improvement since Curt and I so hope you are right Lancaster:) I still think we need some new faces to freshen things up now (not March), the way others at the bottom are picking up points. It'll be one hell of a ride.
OUR BOARDROOM on 14:16 - Jan 23 with 2324 viewsGeoffThom

OUR BOARDROOM on 14:02 - Jan 23 by awayjack

Agree. Sadly there always comes a time when sucessful teams need a change to freshen things up. Our Board started to believe the hype and became more and more insular off the field and it's now reflecting on it. The constant comments about our prudent Board often in the same sentence as we're skint tests even the most rose tinted logic.

Ok how and were do you change this board ,you know of a multi millionaire looking to take over do you ,or a large consortium around the corner ? You probably don't so until then we carry on so by saying change the board is pointless
OUR BOARDROOM on 14:28 - Jan 23 with 2279 viewsCopaMundial

Ok how and were do you change this board ,you know of a multi millionaire looking to take over do you ,or a large consortium around the corner ? You probably don't so until then we carry on so by saying change the board is pointless

You don't need to be a multi millionaire,hardly any millionaires invest their own money into a football club if they do they generally expect a return.What you need are people who can make sound judgements when it comes to football matters yes HJ has done a good job over the years but recent events raise some questions,none more than the appointment of a manager who found us rather than the other way around.

Don't forget that HJ draws a very generous wage,I'd like to know where it ranks compared to other chairmen,as Londonlisa said this is HJ not Jim Jones
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 14:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024