Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2016 - Wales XI 10:36 - Jun 7 with 1610 viewsKerouac

What is the strongest team we can put out in your opinion?
If you would change the formation, why?

I'm a little bit torn re: the defence.
I think I'd probably end up going with;

1)
------------------------------------------ Wayne Hennessey --------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------- James Collins ----- Ash Williams ----- Ben Davies -------------------
Jazz Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Neil Taylor
---------------------------------------------- Joe Allen ----------------------------------------------
------------------------ Andy King -------------------------- Aaron Ramsey ------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Gareth Bale --------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Sam Vokes ---------------------------------------------

Vokes the target man, Bale in a free role playing off him.

However, I'm a bit worried about Taylor's attacking abilities (and with 5 at the back the full backs have to steam forward to provide some width) so might go;

2)
------------------------------------------ Wayne Hennessey --------------------------------------
------------------- James Chester ---- James Collins ---- Ash Williams --------------
Jazz Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ben Davies
---------------------------------------------- Joe Allen ----------------------------------------------
------------------------ Andy King -------------------------- Aaron Ramsey ------------------
--------------------------------------------- Gareth Bale --------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Sam Vokes ---------------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the last half an hour of games where we are trying to get a winner;

3)
------------------------------------------ Wayne Hennessey -----------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------- James Collins ----- Ash Williams ----------------------------
Neil Taylor ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ben Davies
----------------------------------- Joe Allen ------- Aaron Ramsey -------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Jonny Williams -------------------------------------
----------------- Hal Robson-Kanu ---------------------------- Gareth Bale ---------------
----------------------------------------------- Sam Vokes ------------------------------------------

Possibly switching Bale up front and putting young George Williams on the wing.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 10:40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 10:49 - Jun 7 with 1592 viewsSwan91

1- but maybe bale will be singled out if he is in striker position.

---------------------Hennessey----------------------

Gunter--------Chester------Williams------Taylor

Robson-Kanu----King-------Allen----------Davies

----------------------------Ramsey------------------

----------------------Bale----------------------------

2-

---------------------Hennessey----------------------

Gunter-------Chester----Williams----Davies-----Taylor

---------------King---Ramsey-----Allen---------

------------------------- --Bale------------------

----------------------Vokes---------------------------

our strikers are not a good choice... the lack of wings for this formation also could mess us up... i don't know
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 10:52 - Jun 7 with 1589 viewsOxOsp

Your first one is the closest, but with Chester for Collins and HRK for Vokes, in my opinion. Vokes is too static for international football, in my humbles, of course.
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 11:24 - Jun 7 with 1569 viewshammy

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 10:52 - Jun 7 by OxOsp

Your first one is the closest, but with Chester for Collins and HRK for Vokes, in my opinion. Vokes is too static for international football, in my humbles, of course.

Yes agree with this. Although maybe Ledley for King would provide a bit more physical presence in midfield.

Although Cookie seems to prefer Gunter to Jazz.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 11:27 - Jun 7 with 1565 viewsGB11

For all the flack Ryan Giggs gets for welsh appearances.........

Ramsey will have more caps than Collins within the next 8 games.

Giggs has easily more than collins as well.

He doesn't deserve to start.

Chester for collins in this first team by OP would be my team.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 11:29]
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 11:48 - Jun 7 with 1529 viewsHighjack

Hal Robson Kanu has to play up front. Vokes is rubbish as a lone striker and in a team with no real wing play. Also Bale is arguably better in the air than him.

Kanu might not be the best footballer but he runs and hassles, is strong and will chase absolutely everything for the team.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 11:50 - Jun 7 with 1530 viewsKerouac

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 11:27 - Jun 7 by GB11

For all the flack Ryan Giggs gets for welsh appearances.........

Ramsey will have more caps than Collins within the next 8 games.

Giggs has easily more than collins as well.

He doesn't deserve to start.

Chester for collins in this first team by OP would be my team.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 11:29]

GB11

I'm not saying I like the bloke, I just feel Collins gives us that extra aerial presence....he is the player we have who most dominates aerial battles.
Has had a good season under Stimac at West Ham as well.
A solid defender, not a good footballer.

Other posts up thread

I really don't rate Gunter.
Ledley is tidy in midfield....I can see why he usually gets the nod in midfield ahead of King, especially on the left of the 3.
BUT
he's injured isn't he?
King finished the season on a massive high and shouldn't be too tired as he made only 25 appearances in the league for Leicester....has ability and I would trust him.

Vokes isn't very mobile, but he is a very good target man who can finish....I think we do best with a Hartson, or a Hughes, or a Toshack type who can make the ball stick and bring others into play.
By our nature (a small nation with a small pool of professional players) we tend to need to defend well and counter attack successfully to do well.
IMO Vokes can be that focal point to aim at when under the cosh that the likes of Bale, Ramsey and Robson-Kanu can feed off.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 11:54]

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 1497 viewswhiterock

Jonny Williams? you sure?
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 12:45 - Jun 7 with 1482 viewsKerouac

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 12:27 - Jun 7 by whiterock

Jonny Williams? you sure?

No, not sure
but when I've seen him play for Wales I have always enjoyed the way he plays the game.
He is creative and energetic and could make something happen off the bench IMO.

Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 12:51 - Jun 7 with 1480 viewstomdickharry

Hennessey
Gunter:Chester:Williams:Davies:
Robson-Kanu:Ramsey:Allen:Taylor:
Bale:Vokes:
Bale will be targeted by the opposition but hopefully will receive adequate protection from the officials,if he's allowed to play he might sneak a goal otherwise can't really see where the goals are coming from.
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 13:04 - Jun 7 with 1468 viewsJackFish

I would go for:

------------------------------------------ Wayne Hennessey ---------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------- James Collins ----- Ash Williams ----- James Chester --------------------
Chris Gunter ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ben Davies-
------------------------ Andy King -------------------------- Joe Allen -----------------------------
---------------------------------------------- Aaron Ramsey ----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Gareth Bale ---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Sam Vokes -----------------------------------------------
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 13:08 - Jun 7 with 1465 viewshammy

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 12:51 - Jun 7 by tomdickharry

Hennessey
Gunter:Chester:Williams:Davies:
Robson-Kanu:Ramsey:Allen:Taylor:
Bale:Vokes:
Bale will be targeted by the opposition but hopefully will receive adequate protection from the officials,if he's allowed to play he might sneak a goal otherwise can't really see where the goals are coming from.

We are Bales are we not ;)

Without him being on top form and the rest defending for their lives we won't have a cat in hell's chance of getting out of the group ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 13:30 - Jun 7 with 1442 viewssherpajacob

Ledley must start if fit.

Collins only plays if ash is injured or suspended.

As for strikers mix it up, tell HRK to run his nads off for 50-60 minutes then bring someone else on, vokes probably.

Bale in a free role. Use jazz as a man to man marker on opposition playmakers?

Hennessey.
Gunter, Chester, ash, Ben, Taylor
Allen ledley
Ramsey, bale
HRK.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 23:00 - Jun 7 with 1325 viewsSwanseaTID

-----------------------------Hennessey-----------------------------
------------------Collins-------Ash------Chester------------------
Gunter-------------------------------------------------------Davies
--------------------------------Ledley---------------------------------
---------------------Ramsey----------Allen--------------------------
---------------------------------Bale-----------------------------------
---------------------------Robson-Kanu------------------------------

That's probably what I would go with. I think Ben is better going forward than Taylor so I'd leave him out and go with 3 recognised centre halves. And has been mentioned HRK leads the line better than Vokes and creates space for Bale.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 23:03]
Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 23:06 - Jun 7 with 1305 viewsbuilthjack

Hennessey
Gunter Ash Taylor
Collins Davies
King Ramsey Allen
Bale here or ..........Here
Hal

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 10:42 - Jun 8 with 1237 viewsjasper_T

Euro 2016 - Wales XI on 23:00 - Jun 7 by SwanseaTID

-----------------------------Hennessey-----------------------------
------------------Collins-------Ash------Chester------------------
Gunter-------------------------------------------------------Davies
--------------------------------Ledley---------------------------------
---------------------Ramsey----------Allen--------------------------
---------------------------------Bale-----------------------------------
---------------------------Robson-Kanu------------------------------

That's probably what I would go with. I think Ben is better going forward than Taylor so I'd leave him out and go with 3 recognised centre halves. And has been mentioned HRK leads the line better than Vokes and creates space for Bale.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 23:03]

I'd probably reshuffle that back three to have Collins central and Ash on the left, but that's the right 11 imo.

If Huws had been included I'd have him in there instead of Ledley on probable fitness. Don't think King has enough defensively to free Rambo and Joe to play their games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024