Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match 22:50 - Sep 12 with 1322 viewsTummer_from_Texas

leaves them only 2 days to really focus on the Swans.

Will this be significant on Sunday?

I know a lot of people will say no, but I think this takes a toll more on Europa League squads than the deeper ones in the Champions League (see 2013-2014 Swans). Too bad they aren't going to Prague for this.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 23:21 - Sep 12 with 1253 viewsGriffting

Hopefully - a win would take the pressure off the next 3/4 difficult games and help us be less anxious on the pitch. Always an big task going to soton though, not seen much joy in their yard.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 23:24 - Sep 12 with 1240 viewsmonmouth

How did we do in matches following EL? I seem to vaguely recall we did ok.

If we're going to windown there need to be on our game and not amble around then trying to play catch up. FG, repeat after me.....BE POSITIVE.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 23:27 - Sep 12 with 1235 viewsGlyn1

Let's hope that you're right about it being significant. It's the disruption to the training schedules rather than the travelling that will affect them. (Southampton Airport to Prague would have been an easy flight anyway.)

By the way, I'll be in Antalya, Turkey on Sunday - can anyone recommend a bar to watch the match in?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 08:32 - Sep 13 with 1029 viewsUxbridge

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 23:24 - Sep 12 by monmouth

How did we do in matches following EL? I seem to vaguely recall we did ok.

If we're going to windown there need to be on our game and not amble around then trying to play catch up. FG, repeat after me.....BE POSITIVE.

As I recall our record after EL games was actually better. We won at WBA and Palace at least.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match (n/t) on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 935 views1983

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 23:27 - Sep 12 by Glyn1

Let's hope that you're right about it being significant. It's the disruption to the training schedules rather than the travelling that will affect them. (Southampton Airport to Prague would have been an easy flight anyway.)

By the way, I'll be in Antalya, Turkey on Sunday - can anyone recommend a bar to watch the match in?

Southampton are there for the taking
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 9:45]

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 09:52 - Sep 13 with 901 viewsmarchamjack

Fancy us on the weekend...there said it!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match (n/t) on 09:57 - Sep 13 with 884 viewsLeonisGod

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match (n/t) on 09:43 - Sep 13 by 1983

Southampton are there for the taking
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 9:45]

I think so. Word of caution though - apparently they've been well-organised and hard to break down. So it won't be easy and we shouldn't be expecting a win. It will still be a difficult match. But it's certainly the best chance we'll have in this run of 4 games.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 10:26 - Sep 13 with 843 viewsperchrockjack

That P word again .

Ffs Monny, I ll drag up the L word if you do it again

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 10:45 - Sep 13 with 798 viewsWanderer

Shame it is not a 12.00 kick off to get that little bit extra advantage, if indeed there is one, by aside did we have any 12.00 kick offs after a european game?
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:25 - Sep 13 with 756 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Everton game showed they are hard to break down in the first half and their attack is pretty good too.
They had a few chances to score.
But in the second half they were done for pace and therefore space as well.
If they had parked the bus Lukaku would have had a lot more trouble scoring, as he did in the first half as they gave him no time or space.
So if they play the same against us we need speed in the second half to create chances.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:30 - Sep 13 with 740 viewsmonmouth

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 10:26 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

That P word again .

Ffs Monny, I ll drag up the L word if you do it again

Lychee??

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:49 - Sep 13 with 693 viewsSwansNZ

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:25 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

The Everton game showed they are hard to break down in the first half and their attack is pretty good too.
They had a few chances to score.
But in the second half they were done for pace and therefore space as well.
If they had parked the bus Lukaku would have had a lot more trouble scoring, as he did in the first half as they gave him no time or space.
So if they play the same against us we need speed in the second half to create chances.

Southampton not Sunderland

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:53 - Sep 13 with 685 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 11:49 - Sep 13 by SwansNZ

Southampton not Sunderland

Sorry, wrong as you say wrong team.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 20:21 - Sep 13 with 534 viewsAl_Bundy

Going to this and hopefully we'll get our team formation right and take a good few to St Marys.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 21:07 - Sep 13 with 465 viewsMorganator100

We virtually played with two teams during our Europa escapade.

Saying that, I think we will beat them 2-1.
Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 21:12 - Sep 13 with 451 viewsphact0rri

Southampton's Thursday Europa League match on 08:32 - Sep 13 by Uxbridge

As I recall our record after EL games was actually better. We won at WBA and Palace at least.

Didn't we battle regulation and lose to cardiff in the first half of that season? I seem to recall quite suprised at some of the results we got that season.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024