Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best placed to get smashed in Swansea 15:40 - Nov 14 with 2239 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Apologies if it's been discussed here before. I made it to just about everything up and down Wind Street, as well as the Coopers Arms before the Swans/West Brom fixture last season, and some other place near the Liberty after the game.

But you get the feeling in a place like Swansea, some of the best pubs are off the beaten path.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:41 - Nov 14 with 2233 viewsDarran

The Queens.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:41 - Nov 14 with 2230 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Lovely country pubs in The Gower villages like Bishopston.

Did you do the Mumbles mile?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2016 15:42]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:47 - Nov 14 with 2214 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:41 - Nov 14 by NeiltheTaylor

We walked around Mumbles for a little while on Christmas Day on our way to Rhossili, but didn't go in to any of the local places. I don't think anything was open.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:47 - Nov 14 with 2210 viewssiralan

Mumbles mile ?

You obviously have not been down there for years.
Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:49 - Nov 14 with 2209 viewsDarran

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:47 - Nov 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

We walked around Mumbles for a little while on Christmas Day on our way to Rhossili, but didn't go in to any of the local places. I don't think anything was open.

It's nice up the Pen Y Cae Inn.

http://www.penycaeinn.com

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:49 - Nov 14 with 2207 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Some village pubs are open and packed on Xmas morning.

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:50 - Nov 14 with 2203 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:47 - Nov 14 by siralan

Mumbles mile ?

You obviously have not been down there for years.

It has been a while.

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:02 - Nov 14 with 2178 viewsHighjack

It's more like the mumbles 43 yards now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:12 - Nov 14 with 2160 viewsDyfnant

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:49 - Nov 14 by Darran

Don't listen to Daz, it's a trap

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:13 - Nov 14 with 2159 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Valley pub in Bishopston is lovely. Spent many a weekend there. Great food & often have live music. Was popular with Guidolin & his staff.

Plough & Harrow in Bishopston was a great pub too, but it's been taken over now & made into a gastro pub. Shame.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:17 - Nov 14 with 2147 viewspikeypaul

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:02 - Nov 14 by Highjack

And even then the pubs within the 43 yards are completely dead despite the efforts of the landlords who are swimming against the tide trying to keep afloat.

Hopefully the Oyster Wharf development will put some life back into the area but I would not count on it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:18 - Nov 14 with 2146 viewsfather_jack

full moon up dyfatti.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:24 - Nov 14 with 2125 viewsDyfnant

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:13 - Nov 14 by AustinIsOurHero

The Valley pub in Bishopston is lovely. Spent many a weekend there. Great food & often have live music. Was popular with Guidolin & his staff.

Plough & Harrow in Bishopston was a great pub too, but it's been taken over now & made into a gastro pub. Shame.

Prefer the Joiners mmyself

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:25 - Nov 14 with 2124 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is the Joiner's Arms still there?

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:35 - Nov 14 with 2099 viewsrob

Pontardawe.

Pink Geranium then Kitty O'Sheas the Paradise.

I dare you lol.
Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:57 - Nov 14 with 2050 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:25 - Nov 14 by NeiltheTaylor

Is the Joiner's Arms still there?

As far as I'm aware, yep. Nice little pub on it's day, but 9 times out of 10, it's the Valley for me.

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 17:08 - Nov 14 with 2029 viewsClinton

These are where you get decent pint IMHO.
Mumbles Ale House - excellent 'real ales' and cider http://mumblesalehouse.co.uk/
Pilot Inn Mumbles - 'real ale', some of which they brew themselves http://www.thepilotofmumbles.co.uk/
Joiners Arms in Bishopston
Queens Hotel
Further afield and worth travelling to if you are out for a drive in the countryside down Glamorgan coast:
The Plough and Harrow at Monknash http://ploughandharrow.org/drink . Log fire, fantastic beers and cider. Decent menu.
A further note. The 'Tiny Rebel' brewery, from Newport, won best beer in Britain 2015 award and generally their ales are great. You can often get one of Tiny Rebel's brews in the Mumbles Ale House. Tiny Rebel do have dedicated outlets int Cardiff and Newport, although I havent visited either yet http://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/
Furthermore. There is the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, which lists good pubs. Its especially useful if you are in a new location and want to find a good pub. https://shop.camra.org.uk/ . I regulalry drive to London and the English Midlands, and find some very good pubs to stop at in the guide. Kindly Mrs C drives the onward leg from pub to final destination.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 18:11 - Nov 14 with 1956 viewsLeonWasGod

Plough and Harrow's good for food mind. Great place for a decent meal out with the better half or family. But not a session pub for sure.

I didn't realise The Valley was a Guido haunt; I'd have stalked him if I'd have known!. I've always gone over the road to the Joiners.
Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 09:59 - Nov 15 with 1748 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 18:11 - Nov 14 by LeonWasGod

Plough and Harrow's good for food mind. Great place for a decent meal out with the better half or family. But not a session pub for sure.

I didn't realise The Valley was a Guido haunt; I'd have stalked him if I'd have known!. I've always gone over the road to the Joiners.

Do you know Val? The landlady of the Valley? She often posts on FB when they have famous people in - Guido was a regular, along with Ambrosini.

Claire Balding has been in there a few times too randomly!

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 21:20 - Nov 15 with 1592 viewsmarchamjack

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 15:49 - Nov 14 by Darran

Went there for the first time night before the Man Utd game. Loved it.

Asked the price of piece of art (it's all for sale)...£1250...I left it.

Great food though.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 22:40 - Nov 15 with 1525 viewsbuilthjack

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 16:02 - Nov 14 by Highjack

Everyone used to do the Mumbles mile back in the day. But now they just pop to Wind St.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 02:32 - Nov 16 with 1470 viewsLoyal

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 09:59 - Nov 15 by AustinIsOurHero

Do you know Val? The landlady of the Valley? She often posts on FB when they have famous people in - Guido was a regular, along with Ambrosini.

Claire Balding has been in there a few times too randomly!

Likes a bit of muff does Balders.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 19:47 - Nov 16 with 1377 viewswhiterock

Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 18:11 - Nov 14 by LeonWasGod

Best sunday lunch i've had out, worth booking
Best placed to get smashed in Swansea on 19:54 - Nov 16 with 1367 viewsHighjack

To answer the OP, the Liberty stadium, if you're a Swansea player.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024