Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priorities and the way forward for the club 19:13 - Dec 18 with 2981 viewscaerleon_jack

Whether we are relegated or not, I am in the belief that our American owners want to make a profit, but long term and not by running the club into the ground. There are many things wrong with the club, but at the moment I think very little of it can be laid at the door of the Americans. I don't begrudge the old shareholders making a profit from their investment, but I do despise them for taking a well run club and turning it into a shambles over the last three year. Whilst Laudrup's tenure had gone sour, I honestly believe that we (as a club) have shown a complete lack of ambition since then and we have made poor decision after poor decision. With this in mind, if I were our American owners, this is how I would spend the next six months.

1. Find the best 'football' chairman/chief exec (whatever the title should be)' that we can afford and tempt to the club.
2. Find the best replacement for Dineen that we can afford and tempt to the club.
3. Tell Jenkins, Dineen and any others hanging on from the old legacy that they no longer have a role in day-to-day affairs at the club.
4. Find the best European scout that we can afford and can tempt to the club. We will never be able to afford players at £20m and 100k a week, we need to find another Michu, another Williams, another Rangel. Pay big bucks for the scouts and get cheaper players that will either be mainstays of the team for years to come or will turn a tidy profit in 2-3 years time.
5. Find a progressive manager that fits our 'style'. What was most refreshing about the Sunderland game was that we looked like our old selves. We attacked with pace, we didn't sit back after one goal, we pressed and we passed well. Between Jackett and Monk we hired managers that took us forward. Once we sacked Laudrup we went down a route where we lost our identity. I appreciate we had an excellent season under Monk, but he left us in a right state last season and we've been suffering ever since.
6. Carry out a full and proper assessment of the playing squad. No more four year contracts for players who are on the fringes and have a season left in them at best. Money is always going to be limited at the club and shouldn't be wasted on players who do contribute enough for the club to progress.

We are never going to win the league (Leicester was a one off, a freak result) but we should be a team that looks to compete effectively in the cups and qualify for the Europa League every 2-3 years. I think the six steps above are what needs to be done to get the club back on track and to where we were 3-4 years ago.

Insert something witty here

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:04 - Dec 18 with 2836 views34dfgdf54

Agree with pretty much everything you have said.

We already have a replacement for Dineen though, that COO Pearlman. There is no need for LD to be anywhere near the club.
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:09 - Dec 18 with 2802 viewsDr_Winston

It seems pretty obvious that they're terrified of being without Jenkins (or Dineen by the looks of it) but it's a step they're going to have to take. Most of the poison stems from the fact that these individuals are still involved.

Plus there's that whole "lack of communication with the fans" thing, but baby steps.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:12 - Dec 18 with 2778 viewsLoyal

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:09 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

It seems pretty obvious that they're terrified of being without Jenkins (or Dineen by the looks of it) but it's a step they're going to have to take. Most of the poison stems from the fact that these individuals are still involved.

Plus there's that whole "lack of communication with the fans" thing, but baby steps.

They seem to have this misunderstanding that Dineen and Jenkins are some sort of calming influence. Well that's going to be tested 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 2678 viewsdobjack2

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:12 - Dec 18 by Loyal

They seem to have this misunderstanding that Dineen and Jenkins are some sort of calming influence. Well that's going to be tested 😂

Either that or they will become the escaped goats for the majority owners.
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 00:19 - Dec 19 with 2555 viewsTheKirkyLife

I totally agree. Let's not forget this is their first real window where they can make an impact too. Honestly if they put their money where there mouth is then perhaps I can get behind THEM. I'm on board if they genuinely want growth.
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 00:41 - Dec 19 with 2524 viewsharryhpalmer

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:09 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

Dineen will be gone as soon as Perlman has a handle on all of the "commercial" deals the muppet has in place

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 06:42 - Dec 19 with 2437 viewsKilkennyjack

7. A full review of the Academy and get the best possible proven young coaches in from wherever. Stop the current jobs for the boys ethos. And set hard targets with real consequences if they are not achieved. Too much complacency around, and too much of a sense of entitlement. Produce the local players or feck off. Simples.

Beware of the Risen People

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 08:11 - Dec 19 with 2345 viewsjack247

The Americans seem to be getting a bit of an easy ride here, which was probably one of the reasons they wanted to keep Jenkins.

They have control of the purse strings. It would have been down to them how much we spent in the last window, whether the 'i' s were still being dotted and the 't's crossed or not.

For all the absolutely just criticism of Huw and his gang, does anyone really think Bob Bradley would have got anywhere near the club when they were in full control?

They have barely said a word, they have come in, presided over the mother of all screw ups and not given us any indication of what they plan to do about it.

What they need to do first and foremost is come out and say - 'sorry, we screwed up, this is what we are going to do about it....' then proceed with your excellent plan
Login to get fewer ads

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 2296 viewsNeathJack

Speaking of the commercial side of things, the giant electonic advertising board outside the ticket office is playing an advert for the Take That concert in the summer 24/7 despite the fact it sold out in minutes while the Swans are (next couple of games apart) struggling to shift all the tickets for home games.

Can someone please explain the sense in that to me?
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:13 - Dec 19 with 2159 viewsDafyddHuw

OP - you seem to think that it's OK for us to be owned by a bunch of people who had no moral qualms about buying the club behind the Trust/fan's back?
Are these the sort of people you wanr owning our club? Because that's the impression you give in your post.
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 2133 viewsDewi1jack

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:04 - Dec 18 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with pretty much everything you have said.

We already have a replacement for Dineen though, that COO Pearlman. There is no need for LD to be anywhere near the club.

This.

We had a ready made replacement for Dimwit prior to the sale BTW.
There was a cheese sandwich left in the directors box during our fist season under Brenda that could have done a better job.

I hope the Merrycans want to turn a larger profit by selling on a successful club and all this is just to get back at the sell out b'stards who hid so much during the sales pitch.
Sort of get us all detesting the b'stards so they leave no legacy as far as we're al concerned

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:29 - Dec 19 with 2115 viewsTheResurrection

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:13 - Dec 19 by DafyddHuw

OP - you seem to think that it's OK for us to be owned by a bunch of people who had no moral qualms about buying the club behind the Trust/fan's back?
Are these the sort of people you wanr owning our club? Because that's the impression you give in your post.

That depends on how the Club was sold to them and what they were told about the Trust,

I've got more sympathy for the American investors in trying to get the best deal for themselves than the despicable kunts who bent over backwards to sell the fans down the river.

They're not here to be our friends though, this was all about flipping over for a profit. But that would have been based perhaps on the new tv deal in 5 years and us a viable EPL outfit, not a club further down the leagues.

The next 6 weeks we'll know all we need to.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:47 - Dec 19 with 2081 viewsDafyddHuw

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:29 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

That depends on how the Club was sold to them and what they were told about the Trust,

I've got more sympathy for the American investors in trying to get the best deal for themselves than the despicable kunts who bent over backwards to sell the fans down the river.

They're not here to be our friends though, this was all about flipping over for a profit. But that would have been based perhaps on the new tv deal in 5 years and us a viable EPL outfit, not a club further down the leagues.

The next 6 weeks we'll know all we need to.

Yes, I undwrstand that. I was referring to the OP thinking that the Yanks were good guys.

And there's no such thing as the EPL. There's an EFL and a PL.
Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:19 - Dec 19 with 2035 viewscaerleon_jack

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:13 - Dec 19 by DafyddHuw

No, they are not the people who I want owning and running the club. I want the owners that we all thought we had 5 years ago who weren't perfect, but apparently had the best interests of the club at heart. As it has been established, whatever positive intentions they had for the club went out of the window once they realised they could make a massive profit on their investment.

The situation though is that we have the owners we do, and we need to work with them and we need to have faith that they want to make as much money as possible by making the club successful - rather than by running the club down and pocketing as much of the parachute payments along the way as they can.

Insert something witty here

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:21 - Dec 19 with 2023 viewsLoyal

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 22:11 - Dec 18 by dobjack2

Either that or they will become the escaped goats for the majority owners.

😂 well they are !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 2011 viewsJackfath

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 21:12 - Dec 18 by Loyal

You keep on hinting at this. Can you let us all know what your plan is?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:30 - Dec 19 with 1988 viewslonglostjack

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:25 - Dec 19 by Jackfath

You keep on hinting at this. Can you let us all know what your plan is?

Need to know basis obviously- that's fine by me! And no I haven't got a clue.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:37 - Dec 19 with 1971 viewsJackfath

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:30 - Dec 19 by longlostjack

Need to know basis obviously- that's fine by me! And no I haven't got a clue.

That is fine indeed. Would a mass protest hold more weight rather than a couple of hundred itks?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:42 - Dec 19 with 1962 viewslonglostjack

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 18:37 - Dec 19 by Jackfath

That is fine indeed. Would a mass protest hold more weight rather than a couple of hundred itks?

Impossible to answer given that I don't know what the itks know

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 19:00 - Dec 19 with 1909 viewsmorningstar

Priorities and the way forward for the club on 17:47 - Dec 19 by DafyddHuw

Yes, I undwrstand that. I was referring to the OP thinking that the Yanks were good guys.

And there's no such thing as the EPL. There's an EFL and a PL.

There's no such thing as undwrstand' either. So stop being such a pedantic pr1ck Dafydd bach. You sound like a 7 yr old in a junior school playground. You're playing with the big boys now!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024