Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Tyres 18:03 - Aug 16 with 2205 viewsNeath_Jack

Back last year, someone posted a link to an online tyre supplier. Anyone got that link please and recommendations for tyres, shedfulls of them out there now, with all different ratings.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Car Tyres on 18:13 - Aug 16 with 2195 viewswaynekerr55

Blackcircles.com were pretty good

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Car Tyres on 18:24 - Aug 16 with 2182 viewsjack2jack

Asda tyres, seriously,got mine through them last time,good prices,don't know if they are competitive now mind,but will need them soon.
Car Tyres on 19:38 - Aug 16 with 2139 viewsPegojack

I use mytyres.com.

I have an Audi A4 Avant and use Star Performer low profile tyres from S Korea. They've been excellent and a very good price compared to your Dunlop and Goodyear, etc.
Car Tyres on 19:42 - Aug 16 with 2132 viewsdickythorpe

I bought Briway tyres and they've been superb despite how cheap they are compared to the well known brands.
Car Tyres on 19:51 - Aug 16 with 2122 viewsNeath_Jack

Thanks gents, now you've touched on it above, paying extra for the "better" makes, is it worth it really? If you say yes, please explain why?

I always used to by the cheapest or part worns when i was growing up, but the last 10 years or so i've gone with the better ones. I can't say i've ever noticed the difference, but it does give you a peace of mind i think.

Been quoted £300 for a pair of Continentals, which is what i've had on there since day one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Car Tyres on 19:58 - Aug 16 with 2108 viewsN_T_J

Car Tyres on 19:51 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Thanks gents, now you've touched on it above, paying extra for the "better" makes, is it worth it really? If you say yes, please explain why?

I always used to by the cheapest or part worns when i was growing up, but the last 10 years or so i've gone with the better ones. I can't say i've ever noticed the difference, but it does give you a peace of mind i think.

Been quoted £300 for a pair of Continentals, which is what i've had on there since day one.

Ace Tyres, in Llansamlet they are very cheap.

I have 20 inch on my van and £220 for 4 Tyres.
Car Tyres on 20:02 - Aug 16 with 2102 viewsjack2jack

Contis way over priced imho,rubber tends to crack especially if been on for a while.Try something a little cheaper,like Cooper etc, if you don't want to go bargain basement.I run on Avon ZV5s which work out about £110 a corner, tidy rubber imo.
It's all a matter of personal choice at the end of the day.Read some online reviews first.
Car Tyres on 20:05 - Aug 16 with 2096 viewsPegojack

I had Continentals on from new, they would have cost me about £180 per tyre to replace when the time came, so bought Star Performer instead at about £80 a tyre from My Tyres. On my third set now. Quality has been excellent and they last about 20% longer than Continentals. Drove to Poland and back on them last week on the autobahns at 100mph.

On My Tyres you can see independent ratings on all the offerings.
Login to get fewer ads

Car Tyres on 20:07 - Aug 16 with 2089 viewsCooperman

blackcircles.com is who I generally use. They'll give you a grip rating for each tyre and as a rule of thumb good grip = high wear and less grip = good wear.

Order tyres via the website and then choose your place of fitment.

A brand tyre doesn't necessarily last longer.

I've just used Black Circles for a pair of Pirelli Rosso which were good for 42,000 miles on the rear

There are two components that you shouldn't go cheap on and that's tyres and oil.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 20:11]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Car Tyres on 20:28 - Aug 16 with 2059 viewsDDCH

I used Simon and Jason Tyres in Uplands (The Grove) last time. Nice guys and Swans fans too, plus they were as cheap as anything I could find online fitted. Stuck a pair of Bridgestones on the front, and for that particular tyre were the best around price wise.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Car Tyres on 00:22 - Aug 17 with 1979 viewswaynekerr55

I used to do around 16k per year, on my front wheel drive golf I'd plump for more expensive front tyres and budget rear tyres, they tended to last well.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Car Tyres on 10:22 - Aug 17 with 1898 viewsunion_jack

Car Tyres on 00:22 - Aug 17 by waynekerr55

I used to do around 16k per year, on my front wheel drive golf I'd plump for more expensive front tyres and budget rear tyres, they tended to last well.

Always buy a top brand but the car dies a lot of mileage and I believe they are safer tyres. I may just have swallowed the advertising lines though.

In terms if getting new tyres id definitely recommend Smartyre. He may have to order in within 24 hrs but he'll come to you and he's no different in price to Harris Bros. saves the exceedingly long waiting time in these places which I've never understood.

Try him out!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024