Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fruit and diabetes 22:52 - Aug 4 with 1796 viewsLoyal

My mate eats shit loads of fruit and nuts.
More than anything else.
Surely fruit has loads of sugar ?
He is type 2, nice bloke, but eats about seven oranges a day.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fruit and diabetes on 22:57 - Aug 4 with 1776 viewsjack2jack

My old man had diabetes,he ate loads of fruit,something to do with natural sugar not the refind shite.
Fruit and diabetes on 22:59 - Aug 4 with 1770 viewsLoyal

Fruit and diabetes on 22:57 - Aug 4 by jack2jack

My old man had diabetes,he ate loads of fruit,something to do with natural sugar not the refind shite.

Good point, had a check a year back was ok ish ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Fruit and diabetes on 23:06 - Aug 4 with 1749 viewsjack2jack

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/
Maybe some info on here!
Fruit and diabetes on 23:09 - Aug 4 with 1743 viewsWingstandwood

I was told by my dentist that oranges are o.k in moderation but when eaten throughout the day at time spaced regular-frequent intervals very bad for teeth enamel. It was in her opinion far better to eat a few oranges in one go.

Oranges are apparently exceedingly acidic/corrosive to teeth enamel.

Argus!

Fruit and diabetes on 23:27 - Aug 4 with 1698 viewsNogginthenog

Oranges are not the only fruit
Fruit and diabetes on 00:33 - Aug 5 with 1633 viewsPorthcawlswan

Its all about glycemic index. If a fruit has loads of fibre in it, it won't spike blood sugar level, which won't effect diabetes that much. Cherries are a very good example
Fruit and diabetes on 01:50 - Aug 5 with 1595 viewsLeonWasGod

Fruit and diabetes on 00:33 - Aug 5 by Porthcawlswan

Its all about glycemic index. If a fruit has loads of fibre in it, it won't spike blood sugar level, which won't effect diabetes that much. Cherries are a very good example

Yep, it's as much about the fibre as anything else. Fibre's much neglected in western diets.
Fruit and diabetes on 07:08 - Aug 5 with 1540 viewsBrynCartwright

Fruit and diabetes on 00:33 - Aug 5 by Porthcawlswan

Just don't eat the stones whatever you do. I was amazed by this recent story....

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/man-cherry-stones-nearly-dies-eating-fru

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

Fruit and diabetes on 09:06 - Aug 5 with 1473 viewsMeraki

I think the key is the types of sugar fructose, glucose, dextrose etc.
Fruit and diabetes on 10:10 - Aug 5 with 1414 viewsmonmouth

I would advise him to cut back on the shit, and the fruit, and stick to the nuts.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fruit and diabetes on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 1336 viewsLoyal

Fruit and diabetes on 10:10 - Aug 5 by monmouth

I would advise him to cut back on the shit, and the fruit, and stick to the nuts.

I see what you did there.

Fruit and diabetes on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 1315 viewsJackfath

That's too much fruit. Not good for a type II diabetic. Everything in moderation, cut out the processed food - minimise or completely cut out white carbs (bread, pasta). Exercise regularly and you can reverse type II to "cure" yourself. Don't cure and a future of blindness, amputations awaits.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fruit and diabetes on 12:23 - Aug 5 with 1296 viewsdickythorpe

Fruit and diabetes on 11:56 - Aug 5 by Jackfath

That's too much fruit. Not good for a type II diabetic. Everything in moderation, cut out the processed food - minimise or completely cut out white carbs (bread, pasta). Exercise regularly and you can reverse type II to "cure" yourself. Don't cure and a future of blindness, amputations awaits.

Blindness and amputation is just for starters Fath
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024