Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The misery on this site and angst against our Club 22:41 - Nov 3 with 3388 viewsTheResurrection

is nothing short of a disgrace.

Yeah football is all about opinions and we all have a right to one, but seriously, the vast majority now just can't snap themselves out from the miserable life they're clearly leading away from here and they're taking it out on the one thing you should never take it out on. The old girl Swansea City FC.

Tomorrow we will once more pit our wits against another Premier League team and yet another massive challenge. One that we really should be looking to take the 3 points from and what do we have, generally on here? Facking downers and misery and bile and hatred and anger and why?

Why exactly are you angry FFS? Because the Swans are not in Europe this season, because we didn't progress when apparently, as I've just read this from one prick on another thread, apparently it was HARDER to not evolve and progress from that 2013 season.

I mean WTF are these jokers talking about?? They seriously have not got a facking clue. Everything could have been done that bit differently but the level of angst towards the football club is pathetic.

Just fack off for a while - stop posting your shite on here and let fans who give a shit get behind the boys.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:51 - Nov 3 with 2471 viewslonglostjack

The misery is because it no longer feels that it's our club and the old girl needs protecting.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:58 - Nov 3 with 2442 viewsDr_Winston

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:51 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

The misery is because it no longer feels that it's our club and the old girl needs protecting.

Apart from the last 15 or so years has it ever felt like "our" club?

What we had from 2003 to 2014ish was nice, but not typical. It didn't feel like "our" club under Sharpe, Ninth Floor, Lewis, Petty, Thompson and whoever had dibs at it before.

The current ownership makes me far less miserable than the idea that we're going to surrender our hard won and retained PL status through greed, arrogance and abject f*cking stupidity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 23:10 - Nov 3 with 2412 viewslonglostjack

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:58 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

What we had from 2003 to 2014ish was nice, but not typical. It didn't feel like "our" club under Sharpe, Ninth Floor, Lewis, Petty, Thompson and whoever had dibs at it before.

The current ownership makes me far less miserable than the idea that we're going to surrender our hard won and retained PL status through greed, arrogance and abject f*cking stupidity.

I liked the nice but not typical myself. Wembley killed that naive dream.

Edit: As for your last paragraph I admire your optimism.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 23:12]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 23:21 - Nov 3 with 2381 viewsSmellyplumz

Yawn.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 23:22 - Nov 3 with 2376 viewsTheResurrection

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:51 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

If you think of it like that then it has NEVER been our club. I'm not sure how old you are but I date back to growing up under Doug Sharpe.

Did that feel like "my" club then? Fack yeah, but was it so different to now? The same issues we had with Doug we have now. Doug was in it to make a few bob and he basically kept the club afloat here and there and always in the bottom leagues.

How the fack can that feel any different to it now? I'll tell you how, it's because we all had a massive dream back then that one day we could play the likes of the big boys on their level once again.

We've got that right now, ok, it's not Doug Sharpe in charge making a few quid from us, it's now a group of overseas investors, but the Club and soul should remain and be protected. The fans are the soul and not just the hardy few thousand that have watched us through thick and thin, but the ones that would still do that now if the shit hit the fan.

Too many fans are seemingly hell bent on some kind of perverse mission to see us relegated. They don't stop and think for one minute how damaging that would be, they haven't got the mental capacity to understand something that really isn't that difficult to get your head around.

That article from Stuart James in the Guardian, whilst well written and clearly very clever as it's playing right up to the crowd, is also overly negative and especially at this point in the season.

He bemoans the spending and goes far too easily on Clement, when just to pick up on a few basic points....

1. If Clement actually played Mesa maybe we wouldn't be where we are and there wouldn't be any need to keep bringing him up questioning our transfer signings. The Board got that one in early and spent a good whack on him. Nothing wrong with that and nobody was complaining at the time.
2. If he played Clucas in a position more suiting to him we'd see a lot more. DM he's not, even at Left wing back he was able to play further up the field and hey presto, he makes a great run and scores, and he looked decent.
3. Sanches - it was Clement FFS who sanctioned this move so please lets not allow him to talk of unbalances when he's gone out of his way to shoehorn him in at the death. The Board backed him, we got excited, so why Clement? Why?
4. Tammy was only touched on during his misery dictionary but the boy has an England call up. Wow!! That's a massive step in the right direction for him and he's done that whilst playing for little old Swansea City. Only Shelvey before has anyone from our Club been chosen for England - a huge achievement.... but why highlight it when you can be miserable as sin and batter us down a bit more.
5. The playing tactics, the lowly shots on target. That's not because of no facking summer messing up in the transfer window. That's wholly down to one man and one man only. Paul Clement. It's him that's made this team afraid of its own shadow and the squad and recruitment are bearing the brunt of it. We will never know how decent we could be if we play the percentage, defensive game and worry all about the opposition instead of us. That is brushed under the carpet by James.
7. And lastly, Chadli. I'm sorry but Stuart James again only briefly pays this bit any attention and I know you'll be reading this Squire, but when paying that tiny bit of lip service in mentioning "whether it was right or wrong" to bring him in at that price, or words similar to that effect, let me unequivocally put the record straight here - it was 100% correct NOT to pay that much - no chance, not on your facking nelly. We cannot afford to be paying anything like that sort of money for someone like Chadli and probably not ever.

I do, however, agree, there are real gems plying their trade all around the world in every single division and I do think we can do a whole lot better, but again, when he mentions it's not easy, no shit son!!? For every Pascal Gross there's a Borja Baston and that goes for every club in this league, but especially the mini league we operate in.

Get behind the Swans FFS

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 23:29 - Nov 3 with 2358 viewswhoflungdung

That s a long one Chris

Opinions .Yep. Indeed

We gotta stay up and I'm not bothered how we do it .

Hang me

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 23:44 - Nov 3 with 2327 viewsLoyal

For me I'm pissed off with these billy gig bollox parading around earning millions off the city and admitting that they sometimes don't put a shift in. And im also pissed off with so called fans who worship them like fkng gods. A kick in the bollox is what they need. if I don't like something on the other hand like many others I will say so. Not a big fan of being told what to do by anyone. or when.

Edit - STID ....
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 23:50]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 00:30 - Nov 4 with 2276 viewsdameedna

It was a fairy tale chapter with a sad ending. Lets hope the next chapter is less of a roller coaster. We look like we could establish ourselves as a decent top tier club. That is some achievement. It is a little painful but the trust arrangement took us as far as it could. A fantastic period it was a truly remarkable success. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette. With cheese fries coke a pancake stack and free refill cafe. One thing is hard to fathom though removing Guido and appointing The American. Anyway we survived and with any luck our big 5 signings will click into gear.
Login to get fewer ads

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 03:26 - Nov 4 with 2206 viewsJack_Kass

The irony of the OP telling everyone to stop the hatred, anger and bile.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 07:18 - Nov 4 with 2122 viewswestwalesed

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 03:26 - Nov 4 by Jack_Kass

The irony of the OP telling everyone to stop the hatred, anger and bile.

😁

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 07:27 - Nov 4 with 2113 viewsSwansNZ

"Yeah football is all about opinions and we all have a right to one"... as long as its the same opinion as yours of course, else you'll get shot down.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:14 - Nov 4 with 2032 viewsdobjack2

The level of angst is against the board and the sell outs not the team. People complain that the team is unbalanced and lacking quality but that is not the players fault.

You appear to be trying to shout down criticism of the people who have created the mess. It makes me wonder whether someone is playing the tune that you are dancing to.
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:34 - Nov 4 with 1993 viewsSgorioFruit

I’m behind SCFC all the way. It’s just a shame the players don’t know which way the goals are down the liberty.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:45 - Nov 4 with 1964 viewsChief

The OP who constantly criticized our two best players last season, even when were on a far better run of results than we are now?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:53 - Nov 4 with 1952 viewsTheResurrection

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:14 - Nov 4 by dobjack2

The level of angst is against the board and the sell outs not the team. People complain that the team is unbalanced and lacking quality but that is not the players fault.

You appear to be trying to shout down criticism of the people who have created the mess. It makes me wonder whether someone is playing the tune that you are dancing to.

you'd have to be completely thick as shit to believe that. Are you?

So they created a mess because they decided to sell their own property. And they went about it an a cack handed way making big mistakes and letting down the fan base that once adored them?

Yeah, all fair points but this now is pathetic. At the very end of the day it was their shares to sell, once they decided to do that, which the Trust were fully aware of, there was never going to be any guarantees.

And anyway, we're still there, it's not cost us any extra money, you'd swear all this pathetic talk about transfer flops was coming out of our own pockets. They haven't increased season tickets in I don't know how long.

We're still facking there and we've got a great game to look forward to today.

It's gone on too long now. It's time to move on as the negativity is going to be our worst enemy.

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:54 - Nov 4 with 1950 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:14 - Nov 4 by dobjack2

This.
The poeple on here are not blaming the "Club", just the useless idiots that are running it.
Re-arrange
A Brewery couldn't Piss-up arrange in.

So why are you defending them?
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:56 - Nov 4 with 1943 views34dfgdf54

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:53 - Nov 4 by TheResurrection

So they created a mess because they decided to sell their own property. And they went about it an a cack handed way making big mistakes and letting down the fan base that once adored them?

Yeah, all fair points but this now is pathetic. At the very end of the day it was their shares to sell, once they decided to do that, which the Trust were fully aware of, there was never going to be any guarantees.

And anyway, we're still there, it's not cost us any extra money, you'd swear all this pathetic talk about transfer flops was coming out of our own pockets. They haven't increased season tickets in I don't know how long.

It's gone on too long now. It's time to move on as the negativity is going to be our worst enemy.

Negativity is our worst enemy, we should try telling that to Clement as he’s surrendering games at home like it’s no ones business.
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:01 - Nov 4 with 1929 viewsdobjack2

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:53 - Nov 4 by TheResurrection

Personal abuse followed by more attempts to close things down. It does make me wonder whether you protest too much. You’ve never been the same since your cozy little chat with the vice- chairman.

You are happy to sling mud at other people but don’t like it if someone questions your motives.
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:04 - Nov 4 with 1919 viewsTheResurrection

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 08:45 - Nov 4 by Chief

The OP who constantly criticized our two best players last season, even when were on a far better run of results than we are now?

Yes because I felt we could do better as a club with a different style and approach and use their money on making the improvements.

That's just wanting the best for the Club but also putting those 2 players into perspective. The fawning over those 2 and the bullying over others was ridiculous.

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:19 - Nov 4 with 1876 viewsTheResurrection

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:01 - Nov 4 by dobjack2

Personal abuse followed by more attempts to close things down. It does make me wonder whether you protest too much. You’ve never been the same since your cozy little chat with the vice- chairman.

You are happy to sling mud at other people but don’t like it if someone questions your motives.

where was the abuse? I asked you if you were thick as shit?

You'd have to be to believe what you're insinuating. There's no motives FFS.

Close things down? By making a rational assessment? Maybe you are what I've asked?

My cosy little chat? It wasn't cosy I can assure you of that and I've never spoken to him since, in fact he blocked me on Twitter fairly soon afterwards because of something.

I've put things, everything, into perspective. And the fawning of Siggy and hatred over Jenkins and Co is killing us.

And what's wrong in looking forward to today's game, are you going? I can't wait. Hoping we'll click, hoping Tammy gets a goal or two on his big call up, hoping Clucas shuts more people up, hoping Bony gets some game time, hoping Carroll has a stormer and hoping we get 3 points.

I'm not going down there to moan about the past and allow the disease that's forming in our club to fester and grow. What is the facking point in that?

What do people want? The Americans aren't going anywhere, do they want Jenkins out, but then what? Nobody could ever predict the future, we could be in League 2 before we know it, and everyone's moans will have worked a treat. We'll be back to 5,000 at home, you'll be back in your garden centre on a Saturday and the rest will have to pick up the pieces.

It's time to remember who we are, where we facking are and stay there. It's time to unite.

And one last thing, I believe if Chadli had been around £18m we'd have got him and things may have been so different.

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:33 - Nov 4 with 1836 viewsSwansNZ

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:04 - Nov 4 by TheResurrection

Yes because I felt we could do better as a club with a different style and approach and use their money on making the improvements.

That's just wanting the best for the Club but also putting those 2 players into perspective. The fawning over those 2 and the bullying over others was ridiculous.

The club has not used the money or made improvements, so I guess people are right to be angry at those in charge.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:42 - Nov 4 with 1816 viewsjack247

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 22:58 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

It felt like ‘our’ club under Doug Sharpe etc because the vast majority of people in Swansea at the time supported Liverpool or Man United. You get a camaraderie supporting a local team that no one expects to go anywhere that you don’t get supporting a Premier league team with a global fan base.

Shit football (and whatever people think of us now, that’s primarily Clements conservative tactics, it was a lot shitter 20 years ago), all going to the builders/potters/clarence or Wyndham before the game, bumping into other swans fans at service stations for away games, even acknowledging people in Swans tops on non match days were the sort of things that made it ‘out club’.

With success, you are always going to lose that bit of intimacy and camaraderie, it’s going to feel more of a business than part of a community.

Tell you what, as much as I loved slogging it out with Crewe and Mansfield, praying for a big team in the third round of the FA cup, etc, I’d never want to go back there. Playing shit football in front of Ospreys sized crowds would be soul destroying. I think some people pining for the good old days should be careful what they wish for.
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:42 - Nov 4 with 1816 viewsTheResurrection

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:33 - Nov 4 by SwansNZ

The club has not used the money or made improvements, so I guess people are right to be angry at those in charge.

It's not the fans money so they've not lost out.

And angry because signings haven't been declared a success after ten games?

There's something to be angry about eh?! Fack me....

We've been in every game and we have a manager that won't let us play. How do we even know they won't be a success??

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 10:20 - Nov 4 with 1739 viewsdobjack2

The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 09:19 - Nov 4 by TheResurrection

where was the abuse? I asked you if you were thick as shit?

You'd have to be to believe what you're insinuating. There's no motives FFS.

Close things down? By making a rational assessment? Maybe you are what I've asked?

My cosy little chat? It wasn't cosy I can assure you of that and I've never spoken to him since, in fact he blocked me on Twitter fairly soon afterwards because of something.

I've put things, everything, into perspective. And the fawning of Siggy and hatred over Jenkins and Co is killing us.

And what's wrong in looking forward to today's game, are you going? I can't wait. Hoping we'll click, hoping Tammy gets a goal or two on his big call up, hoping Clucas shuts more people up, hoping Bony gets some game time, hoping Carroll has a stormer and hoping we get 3 points.

I'm not going down there to moan about the past and allow the disease that's forming in our club to fester and grow. What is the facking point in that?

What do people want? The Americans aren't going anywhere, do they want Jenkins out, but then what? Nobody could ever predict the future, we could be in League 2 before we know it, and everyone's moans will have worked a treat. We'll be back to 5,000 at home, you'll be back in your garden centre on a Saturday and the rest will have to pick up the pieces.

It's time to remember who we are, where we facking are and stay there. It's time to unite.

And one last thing, I believe if Chadli had been around £18m we'd have got him and things may have been so different.

Hilarious rant as ever when you are challenged. Our own version of The American president.

On a serious note, if chadli was available for £18 million I Agree that we would have gone for him at that price and things may have been different. However he wasn’t and we did feck all about getting anyone else in. A recurring theme when we don’t get what appears to be our main target.

That isn’t the players fault either.
The misery on this site and angst against our Club on 10:27 - Nov 4 with 1726 viewsmonmouth

Got to agree now. It would be nice to have a fan owned club, it would be nice to have a strong supporters voice, it would be nice to win the lottery, it would be nice to play mersey tunnel with Cameron Diaz.

But really, lets just have 3 points today. I didn't care who owned the club when I first started supporting it under Roy Bentley (Swansea mafia), just fell in love with watching the team, so why care now. Whatever I think of individual's behaviour, it's all over now. We were totally spoiled 2004-2013 and protests now do feel pretty pathetic to be honest. What exactly are we protesting about? Buying bad players? Have a chat with Everton, or Palace. It was all just a period in the club's history like any other, nothing is permanent.

Lets see where the journey takes us next. A couple of wins and no one will give a shit. Lets see what our genius tactical wizard does to stop Brighton (ffs) today. And let's get those 3 points. I really enjoyed myself at Arsenal last week even though the result went against us.

If we lose to this lot though, I'm going to be miserable as shit and moan my head off, ok?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024